Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: [SPOILERS] So, about Kite.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

[SPOILERS] So, about Kite.

Can someone explain to me the whole "Kite is an Ant now" thing? I know I've read an explanation of this before somewhere, but I cannot for the life of me remember or understand. How did Kite suddenly survive Pitou by ending up being Meruem's sort of twin (through being born again via the Ant queen)?

Okay, to be honest I don't remember the details on this one. So I could be spouting nonsense due to misremembering things. Correct me if I'm wrong. But yeah, was it confirmed/implied/stated that his survival had something to do with his Nen? I think I remember someone saying something like "You don't have to worry about him," which made me think that there's more to his Nen than we thought.

So how did he end up as an Ant? An Ant who, apparently, still remembers who he was without that much trouble (compared to the usual; human-turned-Ants don't remember their past identities that well IIRC).

I really don't get this. I probably understood Alluka's ability better than this Kaito-is-an-Ant-now thing during my first reading of the manga.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [spoilers] So. About Kite.

Meruem's twin has Kaito's memories and maneirisms, pretty much the same way as other ants have it. The difference may lie in the fact that Kaito had an ability (mentioned by Ging) to make him "ressurrect" (or reincarnate) tied to one of his weapons from CrazySlot (possible the last one showed by him, before Gon and Killua ran away), and the theory is that it was this ability that let him revive, so to speak.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [spoilers] So. About Kite.

^Yeah it's been a long ass time since i read it to..From my understanding Kaito was one o f the Hunters that had gotten eaten by the queen. The koala bear pretty much explained what happened to Kaito soul and how he ended up taking the girl's body. We know that human souls resurrect themselves into chimera ants but only if they had the will to live.

Ging was the one who said to Gon that Kaito has the ability to comeback if he really needed to. I don't know if it was the case though... He was probably saying that to comfort Gon...My memory is vague so sorry if i wasn't to specific.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [SPOILERS] So, about Kite.

The ability is called "How I could die like this?" so I guess it's as random as Kite ability in general. With this I mean that He's not reincarnated in something He picks, but somethings that is dying close to him or in general. In the moment He died, He probably went to the stomach of the queen and reincarnated there as her child. That may be the reason why the second kid when born was so underdeveloped compared to Meryem. :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that makes much more sense. Thanks guys.

Kite's Nen is a bit puzzling. His ability seems to work on luck and chance. This lack of choice is the restriction he uses to heighten his abilities, right? I kinda feel miffed that his ability to reincarnate himself is a bit too convenient, but maybe that's just me. Either he's Crazy-Prepared enough (no TvTropes link this time ) to actually strategize a way to save himself from death via Nen beforehand, or he really is more of a plot device than I'd like to admit.

Eh, whatever. Minor details when Alluka's powers look more iffy. She has the most unbalanced powers I have seen yet.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah Alluka's weird.. But it was never like Killua didn't want to extinguish her power. He tried to do it... I don't think he's the type to abuse her power anyway. =[]

New Reply