Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Make your own hatsu.... for the real world

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Make your own hatsu.... for the real world

Ok, this is a slight variation for the make your own hatsu thread. Basically what hatsu would you have which would be useful in a real world scenario. In the hunter hunter manga the world at large is a hostile place in which hunters need nen to be able to survive against other dangerous nen users and the world being a bitch at large (there are huge monsters and other exceptionally dangerous animals which bullets can't really deal with and apparently some level of freak hostile weather). In turn, in our world at large there aren't many of those. For the most part we deal with homework, school, work, spouses, girlfriends, friends, random annoying strangers we meet on the street that seem to have no purpose in life other than to be in the way and so on.

So what hatsu would you have which actually has real world applications? For the most part we barely have any need for things like nen bullets, wall stomping punches or even invulnerability. As cool as those are, they won't contribute to earning a raise on a job, keeping a spouse happy or basically anything else. Ultimately, the standard nen in the series would usually be good for criminals, rapists and every now and then to make your friends scream "DUDE!" after smashing your reinforced inebriated head against 100 different walls in a row.

Ok, this would be my ideal nen:

Type: Conjuration
    Name: Ultimate scanner

Ability: It basically can take in information from books, computers (and the internet) and upload it straight into my brain. The uploaded information can be recalled as any other memory.

Drawbacks and limitations: It kills the fun of actually reading a book. It causes exhaustion proportional to the amount of information which was uploaded and can potentially cause headaches. It does not make you actually understand the stuff which you uploaded, that has to be done independently. There is a limit to how much information you can upload. There is a limit to the information the scanner can upload in one go and the amount of information you can upload is also dependent on your condition that day. Say, if you are tired you will be able to handle less information.

Uses: Well, most of it is self explanatory. It basically works to reduce the amount of time you have to spend sat down studying. Still, as it only uploads information you need to put in the time to actually understand what you are receiving which depends a lot on how smart you are. Since the amount of information it can upload in one go is limited you would not want to upload 8 books at 8 in the morning, it would cause exhaustion all day. Ideally to maximize its efficiency you would use it several times a day with moderate amounts of information and then 1 big upload just before bed (assuming you get to sleep plenty). Ultimate cramming tool.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Make your own hatsu.... for the real world

^ You have no idea how much I wished to have that ability!

An ability I could have... since I'm an Emitter and a Conjurer

Type: Emission
    Name: Violet Claws

Ability: Creating and shooting aura blades from my fingers - Mid-Long range attacks. I called it violet because it's one of my favorite colors.

Drawbacks and Limitations: If not careful, they can kill if accidentally misfired. Overusing it can damage the fingers.

Uses: A substitute for any metal blade. Use it to slice vegetables, or to chop wood, and if necessary, self defense.

------------

Name: Knock Off Printer

Ability: Conjuring a printer that prints a real-life replica of any object from the computer by using one image only.

Drawbacks and limitations: Can't replicate anything larger than its size. Can't replicate a living creature. Can't replicate food and drinks. Replicas can be detected by using gyo.

Uses: For a collector like me, I can print any replica anything I want and not waste any money on buying them. It helps printing anything out of stock and nearly impossible to find.
    Last edited by SHINOBI-03; June 26, 2012 at 04:28 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you be an emitter and a conjurer? An emitter is 3 spaces away from conjuring, that is the furthest a category can be from another. You could have a multiple nen type hatsu but is it worth it to add conjuration at a mere 40% efficiency? More so, the ability you describe uses transmutation and not conjuring considering the nen blade is just that, a nen blade and not a conjured metal blade. Ultimately, if you are emitting something you do not need conjuration and if you are conjuring something then you do not need emission.

As for the second hatsu, that would have the most applications if you are a con artist lol. Then there is also the issue about limitations. The guy from the ryodan had a similar ability to say the least and yet his replicas only last a day. With the way your ability works you could have unlimited replicas of unlimited number of objects. I guess being unable to replicate things larger than itself could be a limiter enough but we can't never be sure lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    How can you be an emitter and a conjurer? An emitter is 3 spaces away from conjuring, that is the furthest a category can be from another. You could have a multiple nen type hatsu but is it worth it to add conjuration at a mere 40% efficiency? More so, the ability you describe uses transmutation and not conjuring considering the nen blade is just that, a nen blade and not a conjured metal blade. Ultimately, if you are emitting something you do not need conjuration and if you are conjuring something then you do not need emission.
    It was based on some online nen tests. I got both Emission and Conjuration.

More so, the ability you describe uses transmutation and not conjuring considering the nen blade is just that, a nen blade and not a conjured metal blade. Ultimately, if you are emitting something you do not need conjuration and if you are conjuring something then you do not need emission.
    My emission ability is not turning my aura to a blade like Gon's Scissors, it's using the aura itself to be like a blade the same way Pokkle emits his arrows ((Although he transmutes his arrows first)) or Franklin's nen bullets.

As for the second hatsu, that would have the most applications if you are a con artist lol. Then there is also the issue about limitations. The guy from the ryodan had a similar ability to say the least and yet his replicas only last a day. With the way your ability works you could have unlimited replicas of unlimited number of objects. I guess being unable to replicate things larger than itself could be a limiter enough but we can't never be sure lol.
    You could say the natural limit is running out of nen. And if you also count the need of an image to make a replica. I also added the use of gyo to detect the fake replicas.
    Last edited by SHINOBI-03; June 26, 2012 at 04:29 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Pukkle used pure emission and transmutation though, there was no conjuration whatsoever. Franklin used only emission for that matter, we have no reason to believe at any point his bullets turned into physical objects. As far as I know they were pure nen. Ultimately as I pointed out emission and conjuration are incompatible. You do not need emission for a conjured object. Conjuration is about turning nen into actual physical solid objects. If you conjure an object it is not made out of nen, it is made of whatever the object is supposed to be and the object has the properties of whatever it is supposed to be. If a blade is made out of nen then it does not need conjuring and if it is conjured then it does not need emission. I guess you could conjure the blade and then emit actual nen from it however conjuring is just about as far away as a nen type could be for an emitter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While HxH is a more dangerous world than our own the world we live is still very hostile even if some of us have the privilege of living in peace (myself included). Ironically though the reason WHY HxH is so much more dangerous is because of nen so if you allowed nen into the real world then it would be just as bad as HxH.

but anywho...

I would conjure a corn dog.

Drawback: No mustard or ketchup

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll go pretty pervert, to be honest.

Ability: Pleasure Do-Doll
    Hatsu: Materialization

The user (me) is able to materialize a doll who can record "data" from living things. This is: people. When the user or the doll touches a person, the doll is able to take that shape, voice and skills. The main use: Fuck. Yes, you read that correctly. But you could give some other useful uses, surely. Like flying when touching a bird, entering some places...you know, the usual stuff to cheat on everything.

The doll has only one use per touch, and comes with a manual that has in it every person or living creature touched so far with some info for you to use. You can pick up to 5 forms that can be used more than once, but once recorded there if it's replaced it can't be cloned ever again by this technique.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that doll needs an auto pilot function which kinda makes it behave human, in particular female. Otherwise you just got a creepier but less disgusting version of necrophilia.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that doll needs an auto pilot function which kinda makes it behave human, in particular female. Otherwise you just got a creepier but less disgusting version of necrophilia.
    Of course, it's implied when I say "skills" and "voice" and other stuff. And LOL, it would be male in my case.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Name: Ultimate scanner

Details...
    Do you know the show No Ordinary Family? I think I've only watched about four or so episodes of it, but there's a character there who has the ability you just described. He can speed-read books and retain the information he read for six hours. His ability fails when emotionally stressed, and when he can comprehend what he read, he can visualise their uses. Like in one episode, he probably read up on physics or something to win a pool game. The show starts showing us his 'genius vision', where his mind starts predicting the path the balls will go (literally showing lines and angles).

Just something I remembered.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the opening episode of the series but my impression from the kids power was that he was able to do complex calculations on the spot (along with having the reflexes and physical dexterity to actually do exactly what he calculated). I do admit the ability I came up with is rather generic though, in a real world scenario the ability to learn fast and easily would be the the first thing that comes to mind.

Ok, another one:

Nen type: Conjuration
    Conjured object: Smartphone
    Ability: The ability basically allows you to conjure a phone which by all intents and purposes works like a phone tablet. It has the ability to upgrade itself by copying the most advanced hardware and software of phones you choose so it technically never outdates unless you actually stop doing so. It can run any OS and can send messages to any phone and call any phone anywhere.

Seriously, who wouldn't want this? Thousands of dollars saved in phones in a lifetime and none of the compatibility issues any phone can have.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the opening episode of the series but my impression from the kids power was that he was able to do complex calculations on the spot (along with having the reflexes and physical dexterity to actually do exactly what he calculated). I do admit the ability I came up with is rather generic though, in a real world scenario the ability to learn fast and easily would be the the first thing that comes to mind.

Ok, another one:

Nen type: Conjuration
    Conjured object: Smartphone
    Ability: The ability basically allows you to conjure a phone which by all intents and purposes works like a phone tablet. It has the ability to upgrade itself by copying the most advanced hardware and software of phones you choose so it technically never outdates unless you actually stop doing so. It can run any OS and can send messages to any phone and call any phone anywhere.

Seriously, who wouldn't want this? Thousands of dollars saved in phones in a lifetime and none of the compatibility issues any phone can have.
    Lol i was thinking about the same ability.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't more and less what Milluki asked to Alluka?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If I recall milluki ask for the most advanced computer at the time. In this case we are talking about a constantly updated conjured phone lol.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

If I recall milluki ask for the most advanced computer at the time. In this case we are talking about a constantly updated conjured phone lol.
    It's a computer that it's ALWAYS the most advanced computer at the time. Semantics :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast