Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter !!

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

    2 1.42%
  • 2 (Average)

    6 4.26%
  • 3 (Good)

    12 8.51%
  • 4 (Great!)

    52 36.88%
  • 5 (Epic)

    65 46.10%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

    4 2.84%
New Reply
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 295

Thread: One Piece 673 Discussion

  1. #241
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Page356 View Post
    Not to incur the wrath of the moderators or anything, but how come nobody can talk about Aokiji? The thread clearly states it's a 674 prediction thread. I don't neccessarily want to talk about him anymore myself, but despite what some may think he would do to the plot (you know, like exactly what Vergo did by being a new, really powerful character who overshadowed others) , there's a small chance he could actually show up and/or be the key Law is looking for and with Oda's magical storytelling ability be a perfect plot twist. Even if he isn't, sometimes listening to these crazy theories and arguing about them provides the insight to figure out what will really happen.
    Moderator message by: matzik
    In the 1st place the guy isn't even mentioned in this chapter and there have been many predictions already . I don't see the point of prolonging the talk about him here in the chapter discussion thread which is made to talk about the current chapter , when we have a special made thread already about Aokiji .
    When he'll appear then you're free to talk about him but till then i want to see a talk more about the current events which are the most important . Thank You

    Last edited by matzik1212; July 07, 2012 at 04:10 PM.

  2. #242
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The heart theory is so fucking ridiculous

    After Vergo knocked Law senseless with one strike from a bamboo staff, why is a theory even necessary?
    Sorry but I don't understand. How does the bamboo attack explains how Law was put on his knee the chapter before ? These two are so far completely unrelated and as you say later Vergo power is unknown so you need at least a theory to explain it.

    Quote Quote:
    Vergo clearly used an unknown power, unrelated to Law's heart, to harden the staff. If his heart was stolen, why is Oda still keeping such it a secret after Vergo imprisoned Law? With the plot progressing past Law's defeat, how is it even relevant anymore? Why would Law reveal that he is a former member of Doflamingo's crew, that Doflamingo is Joker, but not mention that Doflamingo forced him to steal his own heart as a child? If that is how Vergo defeated him, wouldn't it be relevant to the immediate plot, due immediate explanation? Why would a character as ruthless as Doflamingo control someone's heart but not use it? Law clearly is not a pawn of Doflamingo, nor is there any reason to predict he is.
    Why should Law reveal his weakness to Luffy and co ? They barely know each other and he is not Luffy to grant his trust without precaution.
    Plus I don't really understand your logic, why would it make more sense plot wise to have Law explanation rather than Vergo or how CC defeated the crew ? The cliffhanger was for Do Flamingo to be explained, isn't it more logic to have the explanation of their relation afterwards ?

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #243
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The heart theory is so fucking ridiculous

    After Vergo knocked Law senseless with one strike from a bamboo staff, why is a theory even necessary?
    Oh, sadly you don't read carefully previous members posts about the point. To submit it again:

    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Dofla has precisely the kind of power to make Law to remove his own heart. So heart theory could still be right, but not about how Wergo beat Law, but about what Law wants to get back, and possibly about why he can't kidnap CC.
    Now, IMO, the most exciting reasons to support heart theory don't have anything to do with Law vs Wergo short encounter; but with the whole character that is Law: Law's crews is called heart pirates; Law has been taking the heart of their enemies (it happened to those 100 pirates and also to Smoker). Suppose that all that happens because of a traumatic event in his past life: suppose that he was forced to remove his own heart using his own powers on himself. Suppose that that was what Dofla did to him, when he was a member of his crew, and before he decided to recruit his own crew and to call it 'heart pirates'. Then, suppose that Law didn't want Dofla to know about him in PH because he is pretty weak against Dofla, because Dofla has his heart. That would explain why he couldn't kidnap CC: it would be pointless and he possibly would be in series danger.

    It would be such a nice plot, with Luffy fighting Dofla, and trying to return favors to Law

    You want reasons to support this theory? I can not give you conclusive reasons or evidence. I only can say: "this fits with this and also with that", but mainly I want to say: it would be fucking awesome (and I enjoy to say it). So my reasons are mainly aesthetics, (and then subjectives). After all, in these forums it doesn't have sense at all to criticize a theory if that theory is still possible; because of most of those theories are only wishes. Here, the sentence: "I predict X" only means, in proper logic: "I would like to happen X" or "I bet it would happens X". When someone hits the mark it is just a matter of chance, not of logic.

    ---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

    Btw, Luffy, Robin and Co, seems to be healthy. That gas CC used to beat them must be some kind of soporific gas, not a toxic one. CC seems to be a bad joke. Something is wrong with that character. He got permission to kill SHs, and tried to do it with his weapons,... and then when he used his own powers on them he just put them to sleep? He may not know how to kill Luffy, since poison doesn't work on him, but what about Robin and Frankie? At least that he have received some counter-instructions, this is weak development of plot. Any ideas to find some sense to those results of CC's attack on Robin and Frankie?

    ---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

    But I do really like the arc..
    Last edited by ukimix; July 07, 2012 at 10:39 PM.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #244
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Venezuela
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Facts: Dofla knows Law is in PH and Vergo was in Dress Rosa, Not facts: Dofla was in dress rosa too and that island is his base in the NW, then he gives Vergo Law´s heart so he can go and defeat him.

    Another theory, Vergo doesn´t have Law´s heart but he and Dofla know that those without heart have a particular weakness, thus Vergo is bad match against Law and Smoker (this time Dofla keeps the heart for himself).

  7. #245
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    I don't really like this heart theory either. If that was true, Law couldn't have possibly wanted to kidnap CC, that is just suicide. As soon as his betrayal was known his heart could be use as hostage.
    The only thing is that Smoker heart is in the enemies hand, so in his case, getting out of jail is only one part of the issue.

  8. #246
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    it's not so hard to understand how a weapon as the gas slime ate a DF: CC worked with Vegapunk,hence he may know how vegapunk developed the device to let inanimate objects eat DFs. and even if CC didn't learn it trough Vegapunk,since he is the numer 2 of the scientists,he could have discovered it by himself.

  9. #247
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The heart theory is so fucking ridiculous
    I don't know about the heart theory, I suppose it's plausible, but I don't really have an opinion supported with facts and evidence. However, "ridiculous" in the perfect word to describe One Piece! Ridiculous characters, ridiculous moments, ridiculous comedy, ridiculous fights and even some ridiculous plot. And I say this in a good way, One Piece is one of my favourite mangas.

    What I mean to say is, the heart theory is pretty ridiculous yes, the first time I heard about it, my first thought was like "how do people make these theories up? This theory is the weirdest thing I've heard in a long time". But when we think about it, there have already been some crazy and unpredictable events happening in One Piece that would have made anyone laught if someone had foreseen those moments happening, before they actually appeared in the manga.

    All of this just to say that yes, in one hand this heart theory is strange and the plot could have nothing to do with it, in fact all the time we are spending here could be wasted time, but on the other hand it wouldn't be the weirdest thing that have ever happened in One Piece and I think people coming up with ridiculous theories and discussing about it with other people only makes the forum better and more interesting to read. I, for once, don't usually come up with theories very often, I am a pretty straightforward reader, I take what I get and rarely start connecting dots so that's why I find reading forums good entertainment, what I am reading could never happen in the manga but it's always fun to open your mind to possibilities and wonder if "what this guy is saying in the forum could be true and what would this lead to...".

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #248
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    How bout if Virgo has eaten the static (paramacia) fruit? It'd explain the food always sticking to his face (more specifically his facial hair). A static shock could've easily stunned and caused internal damage to Law's circulatory system assuming he's got metal (like a sword etc.) on him that can act as a lightning rod of sorts like using a defibrillator on a normal heart. The way he treated Law a few chapters ago made it seem like he was using a remote control thingamajig to cause pain without any movement; but that would've required some implant that Law probably could've easily removed (if that was the case). If it really turns out to be a static like ability, Virgo will be an easy match for Luffy for the same reason Enel was ineffective.

    Anyways, when Doflamingo was revealed to be the mastermind behind the secret organization, it immediately made me think of his encounter with Crocodile during the Marineford War when he asked if Crocodile wanted to join him. Back then I didn't really think twice about what Doflamingo could even be doing that having Crocodile joining would help him with. But now it turns out that he also had a secret organization that's probably older and more wide spread than Crocodile's was. This is also making me wonder if Crocodile and Mr. 1 will show up in the near future (maybe after the straw hats leave Punk Hazard and go after Doflamingo) since they seem to have some unfinished competition from before the time skip... at least it'd be an okay time for them to come back into the story. Then again, I guess Moria has unfinished business with Doflamingo too *shrugs*

    I've also been wondering if we'll be given more information about World Government's secret activities soon...weird stuff that's been going on for hundreds of years like the building of that bridge where Robin was sent off to by Kuma, and the experiments on making giants and weapons of mass destruction. Will Doflamingo out the "higher up" world government official that he had been working for right after the Marineford War before all this is over?

    Next chapter we might get to know a bit more about CC's experiment that he's setting up to do. Considering how everybody outside the research facility is supposed to die, it better turn out to be a blast.

    P.S. Aokiji... j/k +1 to what matzik1212 said.
    Last edited by Anduren; July 08, 2012 at 04:57 PM.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #249
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    I'm curious if the next cover will finally be a cover story now that all the strawhats have been shown in the fan requests covers.

  14. #250
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Posts
    440
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I'm curious if the next cover will finally be a cover story now that all the strawhats have been shown in the fan requests covers.
    I don't know if there is anyone to get a cover story right now besides Caribou. Maybe we will see him embark on his journey to tell his boss that Shirahoshi is Poseidon? It would link up nicely with the story if Caribou's boss turned out to be Dofla.

  15. #251
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sapporo
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Posts
    241
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Related to the heart theory, I wrote in this thread about Law suffering heart disease lol. The possibility of his heart disease might be low, but I don't think it's too far away. I believe he has a problem with his heart anyway.

  16. #252
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by japjapjunjun View Post
    Related to the heart theory, I wrote in this thread about Law suffering heart disease lol. The possibility of his heart disease might be low, but I don't think it's too far away. I believe he has a problem with his heart anyway.
    In that thread i read something about Laws Heart. Im very much confused as to what you guys are talking about. Whats wrong with Laws heart? And what pillars are you refering to?
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  17. #253
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    In that thread i read something about Laws Heart. Im very much confused as to what you guys are talking about. Whats wrong with Laws heart? And what pillars are you refering to?
    • Heart, because his crew is named the Heart pirates + he's clutching his breast, spitting blood before/during his Vergo encounter in the tunnel. => Theories including his heart.
    • Pillar, as in the cube, which we saw Law cut out of Smoker containing his heart.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  18. #254
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Whocares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Hello everyone,

    first time posting here, I love when someone come up with a theory, but I don't understand the Law's heart one... If I'm right, you think that Donflamingo or someone else, could have take his heart and this is why he is on his knees. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we clearly see that when Law took Smoker's heart and put it in Tashigi, she had his DF ability. So how in hell could Law still use his DF ability without his heart ? This theory makes no sense in my opinion with that example given by Oda.

    So there should be another reason to Law suffering when Vergo came. Perhaps a weakness or something else. I don't think too that it's from Vergo's DF ability, I'm totally presuming but he could have something like the "sticky sticky fruit" because stuff seems to stick at him (hamburgers...).

    I have no idea of what is going to happen next, and that's what i love about One Piece !

  19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #255
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    France
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    i don't know why but all the story seems familiar to me.
    A secret organisation at the beginning of grand line (beginning of the half), with a shishibukai at his head (but he takes a name code so no one knows of course) and of course a person who was once part of the organisation with luffy (law = new vivi). Not to forget Smoker as a main character
    Looks like Barock Works for me ( Crocodile can call plagiat this time)

New Reply
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts