Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter !!

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.42%
  • 2 (Average)

6 4.26%
  • 3 (Good)

12 8.51%
  • 4 (Great!)

52 36.88%
  • 5 (Epic)

65 46.10%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 2.84%
New Reply
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 673 Discussion

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

the next chapter is Zoro and co. will lure the slime on the base where Luffy and the others are and then they can escape or fight vergo,ceasar

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

A curious note:

Hamburgers are Vergo's favorite food, and that he's been seen with fries on his cheeks, too ... just as they are Franky's favorite food, too ("everything that fits to Cola" as revealed in SBS Volume 45). Maybe he could be turned over by Franky offering some Cola?

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    I wouldn't put Crocodile that low. Doflamingo surely is a higher tier. But Hancock hasn't shown any special skills aside from Haki mastery. Her DF is useless against opponents that don't have any sexual desire, like Luffy, and even if you have some, you can distract youself from it with pain, like Momonga did.
    Pistol Kiss ... Slave Arrow ... Perfume Femur. Three techniques which prove that the Mero Mero no Mi's power isn't "useless against opponents without any sexual desire".
    Last edited by hoeru; July 04, 2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Mangastream got me infected with "Virgo".... GWAAAAH!!!!

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Somehow I can't quite imagine mihawk as part of a crew. I also can't imagine him being a captain either. He just does not properly fit anywhere lol. My own little theory about mihawk is that at some point he was part of a crew and after outgrowing them he simply left them. I mean, its not like when we heard about his duels with shanks we ever heard of the battles between the hawkeye and redhair pirates. Of course, a crew named "hawkeye" pirates could be nothing but sheer awesomeness (perhaps more than what measly fans of this manga could ever take, they risk being over-awed) however the whole thing simply does not make sense with what little we have seen of mihawk. I mean, the guy does not even own a ship or live at sea. He lives is a castle surrounded by the corpses of people (that would actually be cool if it was the corpses of his enemies, which he incidentally used as fertilizer).
    of all the shichibukai we have seen none of them are loners. I cant see mihawk just not being allied with anyone. the first 7 shichibukai are big time pirates who have a lot of influence. I know saying mihawk has an entire crew like shanks but someone besides shanks he is allies with.

I personally think that mihawk was once a prince and that kingdom that he trained zoro at was once his home. He just has that royalty feel to him. His family was killed before his eyes and that whats motivated him to become the strongest swordsman in the world.

anyway everyone is already at the base or on there way so this arc will be wrapping up soon. I think after this arc welgo will have to go back to being a pirate and smoker we become the leader of g5

one thing that concerns me, isnt it odd that we have not seen kinemons boy, not even once i think his son has been dead for a while and he cant handle the pain of losing him and the son he is talking about is some type of toy or object that was his sons before he died

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Doflamingo... Didn't see that one coming. For sure didn't see Law as a previous subordinate of Doflamingo. Though I guess it's not as big of a shock as it first seemed. So we get to see that G-5 has earned it's reputation as the "lawless division" of the Marine apparatus... Man Commodore Yarisugi gets under my skin.. but for sure not more than Vergo, who while he might be cool and powerful is IMO Human waste.. A perfectly good waste. Why do I feel so strongly, well first off he's a disgrace to his men, his position, and the respect he has earned. But even more-so to be an underling (no matter how highly ranked) of Doflamingo...

I really hope that Smoker gets to be the one who exposes this whole debacle to the world. It's pretty clear now that Doflamingo will soon have a new issue, how to deal with Luffy... Who has been the "Monkey-Wrench" in his plans.

This is getting good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    of all the shichibukai we have seen none of them are loners. I cant see mihawk just not being allied with anyone. the first 7 shichibukai are big time pirates who have a lot of influence. I know saying mihawk has an entire crew like shanks but someone besides shanks he is allies with.
    Perona

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    I really hope that Smoker gets to be the one who exposes this whole debacle to the world. It's pretty clear now that Doflamingo will soon have a new issue, how to deal with Luffy... Who has been the "Monkey-Wrench" in his plans.

This is getting good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He probably will, for whatever good that does him. The World Government will once again be embarrassed by a Shichibukai, this time doubly so, with a Vice Admiral exposed as part of an international crime syndicate.

I'm interested in how everyone will be saved from Vergo. Zoro and Sanji are still free, but I wonder how much good they will be, considering how quickly Law was defeated. Maybe Kinemon will be the one to defeat him, or at least free Law, Luffy, and Co.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering about the seastone chains and how it effected Takashi (Smoker) so bad but not Luffy, Law or Robin at all. even though the sea stone chain hurts Df abilitys users, if you got a strong Haki you could stop the effected of the chains, that's most likely why Luffy, Law and Robin is not effected if so its bearly. But on the other hand Takashi is in Smoker body and she doesn't know how to used the stronger Haki powers, because her body and Haki is weaker. Meanin that Takashi is feeling the full effected of the sea stones chains.

Oh and I think Robin Has Haki thats she never showned yet

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another question this chapter raises: How does this effect Law and Luffy's plan to topple a Yonkou? Will they fight Doflamingo first, or will the Yonkou be coming later? Maybe both will intertwine in one, very long saga.

@Uriel: I approve of Robin x Luffy

They were adorable together this week.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    [..]Mihawk, while most likely beeing a bit stronger than Crocodile also clearly has his limits, as his strongest blow aimed at Whitebeard couldn't cut through Jozu's defense. [...]
    I have to disagree on this part. Mihawk used a nameless attack on WB (Jozu), therefore you just can't just go and state it as his strongest slash. He, Hancock and Kizaru were among those who left the battlefield without a single scratch. Certainly there is reason for that. Oda needed them to hold back, for plot purpose. He just couldn't reveal their techniques and limits, while the story didn't even reach the New world. Same should apply to Flamingo, who left the battlefield with just a little something on his cheek, if I remember correctly. Rememebr this, Mihawk's techniques won't be revealed until his last major fight.

But well, this is sort of off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    [..]But on the other hand Takashi is in Smoker body and she doesn't know how to used the stronger Haki powers, [..]
    Well I think Tashigi was just making her worried face in Smokers body, thus it seemed she was in pain. I believe she was just troubled, because Vergo a VA was revealed as a criminal. I think this is pretty much confirmed by her small dialogue with Smoker.

Anyway, I think haki is with their mind and spirit. I don't think ambition is physical thing, just as muscles and devil fruit ability are. Therefore even if their body are switched, I'm fairly certain that they still have control over their original haki.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only shichibukai relevant to this chapter are Doflamingo and Law. Please discuss Shichibukai power levels in this thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...he-Shichibukai

At the bottom of the page Tashigi does look very uncomfortable and asks Smoker what to do about the feeling, so I assume she was noting the effect of the kairoseki. There is no reason to believe it has anything to do with haki though. She is a non-fruit user, trapped in a fruit users body, having her energy drained for the first time. Luffy, Robin, and Law would be more used to the feeling, better able to cope. Smoker is in a non-fruit users body and probably lightly effected. I doubt this is of great importance to the story, I'm not expecting much of an explanation.
    Last edited by Kaiten; July 04, 2012 at 09:10 PM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

if explosion and fire cant kill the slime....im just guessing, maybe brook (or aokiji, if he is still on the island) can freeze it? i mean, i know its on snow but freezing the slime is a different case....nah, brook's ice wont work...aokiji can freeze the slime i think.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Caesar already said how Smiley will be defeated: "It's not a big fan of water". It's weak against water, that's why it is breaking itself down into pieces, rather than cross the lake. Someone will figure it out eventually, and use water to kill the thing.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice chapter. The point that focuses my attention so far is, again, important key. I mean, I try to figure out what could it be with every new chapter I read.

A very exciting theory about it was that, since it is useful in order to defeat a Yonkou, and since it can turn NW into chaos, then it could be something very important for a Yonkou or for WG and hidden by another Yonkou (posted in past thread).

Lord Rayleigh developed this possibility in his Kaido vs Big Mom theory. I was excited with this theory; the possibility to have that kind of battle was just amazing. But, if Do Flamingo is the guy behind CC, the Two Yonkous theory is very unlikely (it would require a huge amount of double agents or something like that).

Then, it still remains and even is stronger now the possibility that WG vs Yonkou theory would be right, namely, that important key has being hidden by WG from a certain Yonkou’s awareness, and it can be used by Law to turn NW into chaos and to defeat that Yonkou. I would like to offer additional support to this theory.

According to Law, to keep his perfect hideout, CC tries to kill (or use for his experiments) every new visitant in PH. Then how could Law and CC’s mutual beneficial agreement be possible at all? I mean Law was once a new visitant in PH; but he didn’t get permission of Do Flamingo, on the contrary he didn’t want Do Flamingo to know about him in PH. But somehow CC trusted him and listen to him and in the end reach an agreement with him. How was that possible?

A very possible reason is that CC trusted Law because he was a shishibukai. Notice the way Law was introduced to CC by his soldier. I mean, CC works for or with a famous shishibukai, Do Flamingo, in a world in which shishibukais works for the same team: WG. A way to approach to PH without making much noise and with possibilities to get that agreement was to have a position of shishibukai. That could be the reason why Law wanted that position: to be able to approach PH or CC.

Notice as well, that the times fit perfectly, because when Law says he wants to take a certain position, after MF battle, CC already was experimenting in PH: 2 years and some months ago. (Please correct me if I’m wrong)

Besides of that, in such a way is possible that WG is the organization behind all CC’s experimentation in PH. (As Kaiten and many others have been written, and contrary to what I have been written. Of course, I’m a little bit disappointed because I don’t see how Oda is going to deal with his contradictory presentation of CC as a FORMER government scientist).

Now, Lord Rayleigh wrote in his theory that the important key may be the very same CC. Such a nice idea: not an object, not a weapon, but a character. That idea fits with the previous theory. Now, in current chapter we have Monet, a very smart an efficient spy, again, not caring a bit about what experiments could CC be making. I say "again", because is the same attitude when some chapters ago she mocked on him about the quality of his experiments. This attitude also is consistent with that hypothesis: the important thing about CC’s experiments is not those experiments, but the very same CC. The important thing is to keep him hidden (maybe without his awareness).

The theories elaborated before are compatible with Big Mom or Kaido as the Yonkou targeted by Law’s strategy. I don’t think that CC’s abilities to create special candies for BM would be enough to turn NW into chaos, as Lord Rayleigh has write some posts before (and if Oda develops in such a way his excellent opera it would be to me a weak plot). But I agree on the point that we possibly won’t know what is the important key and who is the yonkou targeted before a long time.
    Last edited by ukimix; July 04, 2012 at 10:29 PM.

18. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking that maybe Law's crew aren't with him right now because they chose to stay under Doflamingo's command. Their loyalty might probably still be with Doflamingo and Law was the only one who decided to oppose him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Do you think that each Unit of G-5 is in charge of an island while G-5 would be some kind of "New World Headquarters", I mean a whole Marine Base for some New World marine region ? The Mangastream traduction implies that the New World island we saw is Commandore Yarisugi's own juridiction and that people comply about his leadership.

So Smoker would be in charge of one or several islands with his Unit-1. Thus Dress Rosa could be one or a place of G-5's juridiction islands and that would be why Vergo said to Law "I just happened to be at Dress Rosa" which I guess is near by Punk Hazard.

By the way, did you notice that on the flashback picture of Vergo he has some pop sticks on his face ? The guy sure eats a lot of sugary food - hamburgers, popsicles.
    i noticed the same thing about Vergo, from the shape and design of his sideburns/beard he may have eaten some kind of "static" DF which makes stuff stick to him! not sure how that would work as a power, but would explain all the food sticking to his face.
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xeteboi's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    impossible,he already possesses a DF,a zoan type to be precise.that fire has just to do either with the sword or with the swordship.
    That couldnt be impossible..he is pointing out that the sword may eaten a DF just like we saw in Enies Lobby.. but i dont even think so that the Mera Mera no MI should be wasted like that..
    prediction:
    Bigmom has a Queen Sugar Ant Zoan

New Reply
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast