Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter !!

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.42%
  • 2 (Average)

6 4.26%
  • 3 (Good)

12 8.51%
  • 4 (Great!)

52 36.88%
  • 5 (Epic)

65 46.10%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 2.84%
New Reply
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 673 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

When ceasar defeated smoker and co. he instructed his men to use kairouseki chains on fruit users....smoker in tashigi is not a fruit user so presumably he is chained up in normal chains...luffy though in kairouseki should still be able to use colour of armaments haki...who else is of the opinion that he will just eat through smokers chains when they want to free themselves?
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    At the bottom of the page Tashigi does look very uncomfortable and asks Smoker what to do about the feeling, so I assume she was noting the effect of the kairoseki. There is no reason to believe it has anything to do with haki though. She is a non-fruit user, trapped in a fruit users body, having her energy drained for the first time. Luffy, Robin, and Law would be more used to the feeling, better able to cope. Smoker is in a non-fruit users body and probably lightly effected. I doubt this is of great importance to the story, I'm not expecting much of an explanation.

Maybe that's it, But seeing the frame that follows it and the probable context... It (to me) seems like Tashigi is mentioning her feeling of regret. She had suspicions about the reports of missing children in the Communications Dept. here. So it might be that seeing how everything has transpired that she is now more regretful of holding back her suspicions. That's how it seemed to me at least.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    the fact that law use to be an underling of doflamingo made me realize that there is a huge difference in the shichibukai group when it comes to power and influence. of all the shichibukai current and former we know, we have seen most of their crews or groups except doflamingo and mihawk. Doflamingo doesnt seem to have normal pirate crew. I think he has people scattered all over in different things. he had bellemy, the guy at the auction house, and he cut both of them off. i think now we will see just how far his hand stretches and his most powerful allies.

also hopefully mihawk has some hidden crewman as well
    i believe juracule mihawk is a lone pirate. and it fits his personality....he's the only pirate without a crew right?
    • i think its a misconception that the candy clown formulates will make a person go berserk automatically like what hody is taking.....
    • and i think its a misconception that the guy with hat in WG office is an important person (the one talking to doflamingo)...he seems to be just a mediator because doflamingo was able to scare him easily.

also, if the slime is destroyed with water why did it poisoned the lake as well....this makes me think aokiji will be the one to stop smiley...i mean, there must be a deeper reason why it was stated for 2 chapters that its the place where he and akainu fought....plus how could the smiley be sleeping all this knowing that he would explode with fire and he is in the flaming side of the island (im guessing because it got frozen)

also why aokiji's whereabouts are still unknown and why law mentioned that an important key is "sleeping (aokiji's hobby)" in the island that would throw the world in chaos ( a former admiral deciding to fight WG? or help overthrow a yonkou?)

i doubt its a weapon or something....crocodile already revealed the plot of a guy looking for a weapon and doflamingo is notorious with playing with humans, i think although it was stated that clown used to create weapons of mass destruction, im guessing its not like pluton or some cannon....maybe its like chemical biowarfares and yeah, gigantification...

im still with my theory that doflamingo is backed by high ranking WG officials (as gigantification and chemical warfare are also their plan...and doflamingo's hand in this is collecting human to test the experiment...of course, his rewards are blind-eyes on his kidnappings and stuff), so if ever smoker, law and luffy defeats vergo, dofla and co....smoker will be hunted down by WG (he will be framed up), the news will not come out in public about everything punk hazard and luffy and law will be even more dangerous to WG.

in my opinion to clown, he doesnt know he is working for the WG, thats why WG used doflamingo to make clown work for them. and vegapunk is nowhere involved in this IMO, reason why they seek clown becoz vegapunk would not do it.

so in my opinion, the heirarchy of this conspiracy is:
    • MASTERMIND: high ranking, corrupt WG officials (im predicting gorousei) MOTIVE: gigantification (and maybe chemical warfare)
    • SECOND: doflamingo (in which clown believes is the mastermind) acting as a secret bridge to WG and clown. MOTIVE: to get the ins and outs of marine system and get a leeways on his kidnapping activities, being allowed into slipping his men into marines and other organizations, WG system to acquire network and influence by working with WG.
    • THIRD: ceasar clown: works for joker. MOTIVE: obviously to beat vegapunk.
    Last edited by beck26; July 05, 2012 at 02:31 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

At the bottom of the page Tashigi does look very uncomfortable and asks Smoker what to do about the feeling, so I assume she was noting the effect of the kairoseki. There is no reason to believe it has anything to do with haki though. She is a non-fruit user, trapped in a fruit users body, having her energy drained for the first time. Luffy, Robin, and Law would be more used to the feeling, better able to cope. Smoker is in a non-fruit users body and probably lightly effected. I doubt this is of great importance to the story, I'm not expecting much of an explanation.
    This is probably one of the rare inconsistency of Oda. Luffy is most of the time really affected by sea stone ( arabasta, smoker's jute) while it only prevented Robin to use her power. But in this case I'm pretty sure what affect Tashigi  the most is the betrayal of Vergo. As proof that's what Smoker is talking about next but yeah it's no big deal.

Caesar already said how Smiley will be defeated: "It's not a big fan of water". It's weak against water, that's why it is breaking itself down into pieces, rather than cross the lake. Someone will figure it out eventually, and use water to kill the thing.
    Have you missed that the weakness to water is related to devil fruit ? Isn't it funny that it was a big hint we all ignore. So water won't probably be enough to kill him.

Speaking of smiley and the sword devil fruit debate, it has not been stated by Oda but I'm 99% confident that object can only eat zoan fruit type since there are the only ones that can make them sentient. Other hint against the devil fruit theory are that Brook and Zoro have both shown interest in kinemon sword style which would be pointless if it's based on a fruit and like Schabrack said, Wano being an isolated island. Object eating fruit is a secret reserved to marines or world government so far even if this chapter proved that vegapunk has shared his knowledge with others scientists.

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Anyway, I think haki is with their mind and spirit. I don't think ambition is physical thing, just as muscles and devil fruit ability are. Therefore even if their body are switched, I'm fairly certain that they still have control over their original haki.
    This is certain since Sanji was able to use observation haki in Nami's body

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 673 Spoiler Discussion / 674 Prediction

so that stuff on his was just a... normal burger... nice..
    so chopper's missing? franky has weird small hands. they could escape any minute.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

what about the stupid fact that velgo had a piece of hamburger and didn't even know about that? I think that's a trivia,which makes him an idiot. I hope oda will use a hidden purpose behind that fact,otherwise I'll interpret that as a shame...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    what about the stupid fact that velgo had a piece of hamburger and didn't even know about that? I think that's a trivia,which makes him an idiot. I hope oda will use a hidden purpose behind that fact,otherwise I'll interpret that as a shame...
    Ohhhh come on, Oda did that seriously just for the comedy purpose...
    In the panel of the parents who are missing their kids he had french fries in his face :-) .... french fries LoL
    he`s just into burger with fries... that's it ... Zehahhaha

He also stated that its his favourite !

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Now, Lord Rayleigh wrote in his theory that the important key may be the very same CC.
    I hope this theory dies out fast, because there are several arguments speaking against it.
    • Why didn't Law take Caesar out and is instead waiting for months, helping him out?
    • Law mentiones traces of goverment researches, could be a lie, but we have seen him roaming and searching through abadoned facilities indicating that he's on a search of something.
    • Trafalgar said that things would move fast once they captured Caesar, my reasoning would be that this would prevent CC and DoFlamingo from going into contact, alarming DoFlamingo of the situation, endangering Laws plan. Just look at how fast Vergo has gone to take him down. Also Law explicitly mentiones that capturing CC is made to cause confusion, most likely to enable him to look for the "important key". Now though things have turned out quiet different and they will have to adapt to the current situation.
    • Side-topic: CC doesn't work for the WG/Vegapunk or Law wouldn't have mentioned Caesar being capable of defeating them once he's finished with his research nor would he have need to mention that Clown turned a criminal after the desaster.

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    The head of V.A. or G-5 and likely higher tiered member of Doflamingo should not be an idiot, not if you pay attention to his behaviour and characterization. Obliviousness doesn't equalize to stupidity, as even the smartest person could have some weird quirk. It might be a hint to some power though. Chopper isn't an idiot for reacting stupidliy naive.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 05, 2012 at 05:25 AM.
    Firm but Fair

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

if i could throw out a guess, the one who would bust the captives out of the cage are either chopper or kinemon (ive been predicting smoker and luffy will get caught again like in alabasta since this arc started, and i predicted kinemon to bust them out too.)

and yeah, i think zoro, sanji and brook would get captured too (or gets defeated by vergo or something)

chopper because of his transformations....but my bet is kinemon and his ability, if his ability is really kitsune = shapeshifting/disguise.

im thinking of this possibilties.
    1. kinemon leaves zoro's group to find momonosuke and will not be included in the capture of zoro and co.....he disguises himself and chopper infiltrates the lab to find the cure for the kids.
    2. this is more plausible imo, since sanji is with the group (who is good with infiltrating) im just thinking they would stop to think about it....if i am right about the kitsune devils fruit of kinemon, then he is an upgrade of bon clay's ability: meaning he can disguise multiple persons and himself, while again, chopper finds a cure for the kids inside the lab
    3. last, zoro's group gets captured and chopper busts them out for some reason.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    [*]Trafalgar said that things would move fast once they captured Caesar, my reasoning would be that this would prevent CC and DoFlamingo from going into contact, alarming DoFlamingo of the situation, endangering Laws plan. Just look at how fast Vergo has gone to take him down. Also Law explicitly mentiones that capturing CC is made to cause confusion, most likely to enable him to look for the "important key". Now though things have turned out quiet different and they will have to adapt to the current situation.

im thinking that too, i dont think clown is super-special that he will be a big part of one piece series...i think the line "things would move fast" if they capture clown just means that doflamingo will hunt them down immediately.

Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    i think the line "things would move fast" if they capture clown just means that doflamingo will hunt them down immediately.
    This wouldn't explain how ceasars capture relates to taking down a yonkou. the key should be something unrelated imo to doflamingos wrath at losing a subordinate
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Have you missed that the weakness to water is related to devil fruit ? Isn't it funny that it was a big hint we all ignore. So water won't probably be enough to kill him.
    No, it's not just the normal Devil Fruits weakness. Normally, Devil Fruit users in water get weak, can't swim and can't use their powers actively. However Smiley dissolved in the Water due to it beeing made of Slime. Water not only weakens it, it kills it.

It's quite ironic that is has the axolotl-fruit.

Quote Quote:
    Speaking of smiley and the sword devil fruit debate, it has not been stated by Oda but I'm 99% confident that object can only eat zoan fruit type since there are the only ones that can make them sentient. Other hint against the devil fruit theory are that Brook and Zoro have both shown interest in kinemon sword style which would be pointless if it's based on a fruit and like Schabrack said, Wano being an isolated island. Object eating fruit is a secret reserved to marines or world government so far even if this chapter proved that vegapunk has shared his knowledge with others scientists.
    As we have two other swordmen with a title like Kinemons (Shiliew of the Rain, Jigoroh of the Wind), I'm also more into the theory that this swordmanship is a technique taught only in Wa no Kuni. It is not the first time that we have a non Devil Fruit technique which affects an element. Fishman Karate is another example to it, the users of it are able to grab the water. So why can't swordmen cut fire?

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Textmarker View Post
    Ohhhh come on, Oda did that seriously just for the comedy purpose...
    In the panel of the parents who are missing their kids he had french fries in his face :-) .... french fries LoL
    he`s just into burger with fries... that's it ... Zehahhaha

He also stated that its his favourite !
    that's why I hope there will be some connections. when he will be defeated there will be a fundamental reason to his "distraction",maybe they will attack some bombs on him,for example..

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    This wouldn't explain how ceasars capture relates to taking down a yonkou. the key should be something unrelated imo to doflamingos wrath at losing a subordinate
    Luffy captures CC -> cofusion within Clown's henchmen -> time to find the key -> DoFlamingo learns about the problem through Mone -> run away before someone like Vergo shows up.
    They obviously failed so far and Oda did a twist that nobody predicted.
    Firm but Fair

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Luffy captures CC -> cofusion within Clown's henchmen -> time to find the key -> DoFlamingo learns about the problem through Mone -> run away before someone like Vergo shows up.
    They obviously failed so far and Oda did a twist that nobody predicted.
    Clown's henchmen are all pretty weak generally can be one shotted by any strawhat based on what we've seen so far...people like luffy and law can definitely brush them aside with ease and get what they want...they do not need to send them into panic to achieve their goals, thus i think the confusion will arise with other factions maybe the WG leaders everyone speculates doflamingo is serving, maybe high-ranking members of his crew or the man himself...at this point its not clear but its definitely not the henchmen...also i get the feeling law clearly knows the location of this key otherwise he wouldn't set off such a volatile plan so soon...

either of us could be right, this is oda after all but am thinking there is more to this than what has become obvious. and whatever it is has a clear link to one of the yonkou...i can't wait to know what it is.
    Last edited by Kyodai Senkan Mora; July 05, 2012 at 07:16 AM.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    No, it's not just the normal Devil Fruits weakness. Normally, Devil Fruit users in water get weak, can't swim and can't use their powers actively. However Smiley dissolved in the Water due to it beeing made of Slime. Water not only weakens it, it kills it.

It's quite ironic that is has the axolotl-fruit.
    That's your theory, I prefer looking at it as a hint let by Oda for the devil fruit explanation. Actually, if the objects can keep their sentient ability in water there is no reason for him to dissolve.

New Reply
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast