Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter !!

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

    2 1.42%
  • 2 (Average)

    6 4.26%
  • 3 (Good)

    12 8.51%
  • 4 (Great!)

    52 36.88%
  • 5 (Epic)

    65 46.10%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

    4 2.84%
New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 295

Thread: One Piece 673 Discussion

  1. #271
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Only reason why I say Doflamingo IS NOT Kaidou is because Kadiou tried to stopped the war and Doflamingo couldn't be more happier about.
    I disagree, kaidou tried to stop shanks from going to the war. It was shanks who was trying to stop the war. Not kaidou. Thus, i believe kaidou wanted the war to happen because whitebeard's crew will be depleted and in shambles. In this case it did turn out that way. Whitebeard ended up dying, therefore, kaidou still got what he wanted.

  2. #272
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by kg21tmac1 View Post
    I disagree, kaidou tried to stop shanks from going to the war. It was shanks who was trying to stop the war. Not kaidou. Thus, i believe kaidou wanted the war to happen because whitebeard's crew will be depleted and in shambles. In this case it did turn out that way. Whitebeard ended up dying, therefore, kaidou still got what he wanted.
    Nope. Kaidou tried to stop Whitebeard, Shanks stopped him or defeated him...who knows.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #273
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Kaidou is not Doflamingo... Do we really have to argue on such obvious things ? Since one here said Doflamingo could be the unofficial fifth Yonko, I saw statements he was indeed the fifth Yonko and now people claiming he is likely to be Kaido. Have we fallen back into obscurantism ? One may dare say Kaido is Doflamingo's minion - such nonsense to me - but that he is Doflamingo himself is already proven wrong.

    To sum up, Doflamingo is a pirate and businessman who got himself the title of Shichibukai. He corrupts and makes agreements with people, places pawns of his own at powerful official positions, despite and whatever place they fit inside the world balance. He is not a Yonko - a person who rules over peoples of New World - but an underworld broker which is very powerful and influential as some important people works with or for him.

    That characteristic has nothing to do with being a Yonko, he does not rule peoples like an Emperor or even a King would - the King equivalent for several peoples is called an Emperor - and thus he shall not be called fifth unofficial Yonko. He has power indeed but not the same kind of a Yonko. He is a powerhouse that lies in the shadow just like a puppeteer would and isn't recognized any power except for his title of Shichibukai.

    Anyway, that does not mean he is not one of the most powerful - in terms of influence - people of One Piece world. He could be so powerful as to destabilize the world balance, like Gods were said to play with men in Antiquity, but he is definitely not a powerhouse like Yonko, Marine or World Government are because he is simply not a (big) ruler.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; July 09, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

  5. #274
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Law said “there are 2 ways to survive in the NW: one must either server under a Yonkou, or relentlessly challenge one”. This is such a deterministic sentence: there are no middle terms for anybody in the NW. It is like if NW is a fifth regions territory: one region for each Yonkou and the region that stay beyond their reach, in which Raftel is located. I wonder, first, if in fact NW has been divided in such a way.


    And second, I wonder what could be the relationship between Dofla, a guy that is not a Yonkou, and the Yonkous. If NW has been divided as previously suggested, Dofla must be connected with a Yonkou in some way, either fighting one or serving one. (I will take for granted that Dofla is neither a Yonkou nor Kaido. Not only their shapes don’t match, but, as far as I remember, when Kaido was fighting Shanks, Dofla was already located in Marineford waiting to fight WB. And if Dofla were a Yonkou, that would be known by everyone, and then it would be reported by Neptune to Mugiwaras in Fishman Island arc).

  6. #275
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by kg21tmac1 View Post
    I disagree, kaidou tried to stop shanks from going to the war. It was shanks who was trying to stop the war. Not kaidou. Thus, i believe kaidou wanted the war to happen because whitebeard's crew will be depleted and in shambles. In this case it did turn out that way. Whitebeard ended up dying, therefore, kaidou still got what he wanted.
    I gotta agree with Uriel: It was Shanks who already met Whitebeard in Chapter 434 in order to make him recall Ace from pursuing Blackbeard as Shanks predicted that Blackbeard might use that to get Whitebeard's position. But as Ace was put into prison, Shanks stopped Kaidou from interfering Whitebeards plans for war as reported to Momonga in chapter 533 and let Whitebeard follow his path.

    This excludes Doflamingo being Kaidou - but not that there's some other link between those two...

  7. #276
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Africa and America.
    Country
    South Africa
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    I thought, Kaidou had already been in a battle with one of the Marine divisions several days before Ace's execution was set and the battle with the Whitebeard pirates took place. This was mentioned in the manga, how'd everyone forget that little detail...?.

    Anyways, anyone guessing what Vergo's devil fruit ability is....?.

  8. #277
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Sadly, your opinion about conqueror's haki contradicts what the manga tells us. [..]
    Actually it is not. My interpretation is based on nothing but canon. While you clearly extended the effects of CoC for ur own good. I once responded to this issue, but let me explain a bit different this time:

    Spoiler: CoC, its function and effects show


    Now if we put every piece of information (above spoiler) together, we will understand that Vergo did not use CoC on Law. Law grabbed his heart in pain, spit blood and crumbled down to ground. He showed no signs of fear or unconsciousness. Basically his symptoms do not match with any known CoC effects.

    Furthermore Law was among those who remained unaffected by Rayleigh's CoC. Law survived the CoC blast of a confirmed high-tier!! This is why I think the CoC theory has no chance. After all two years ago Law was weaker than he is now, yet he survived Ray's blast. Since this theory requires Vergo to have a stronger haki than Rayleigh, I consider this as nothing but silly nonsense. To begin with, it is doubtful Vergo has CoC in the first place. As he does not rly fit the criteria.
    Last edited by BlackHair; July 15, 2012 at 06:46 AM. Reason: If you stop dreaming, you're just sleeping - Ralph Green and Gregory Garcia

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #278
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Somewhere close to far and away ^.^
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    I thought, Kaidou had already been in a battle with one of the Marine divisions several days before Ace's execution was set and the battle with the Whitebeard pirates took place. This was mentioned in the manga, how'd everyone forget that little detail...?.

    Anyways, anyone guessing what Vergo's devil fruit ability is....?.
    Yeah, I though it was a magnetic, static, or sticky ability. Why? Because Oda showed "the burger" as more then something for comedy, truthfully their was no comedy about it at all. It did showed that there was a burger "contracted" to his face for some reason, im sure if you put a burger patty on your face it won't stay.

    1) Magnetic ability - Even though I though Kidd had this ability, maybe he can just control weapons (or metal), But as for Vergo ability with magnetic if he could pull Law down with the force of magnetic, it could be the reason why hes coughin up blood, even dragin his heart down with the force of magnetism power, that could be why he was grabbin his chest.

    2) Static ability - Unlike magnetic Vergo could strike straight at Law heart, kinda like when a person is in critically condition they use a defibrillator and hit the chest to try to start the heart again. If Vergo did have this ability then he could easily aim at Law, most likely he was used small voltages on Law.

    3) Sticky ability - To have the ability for things to stick to him and him able to contracted things to him...the one thats most unlikely, but it could be true cause of the burger on his face, the One Piece version of "Spiderman" hahaha

  11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #279
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mische's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    I like the idea of him having some kind of static ability.
    Seems to be the most fitting when you combine Laws behavior before going down and the fact that the burger and some fries seemed to be stuck to him. I mean either he has a serious eating disorder or its a hint towards his ability...

    If this is a fact then i dont see Luffy fighting him. Its well known that electricity in whatsoever ways wont really bug him...

    Might be that Zorro will take him down. Maybe Vergo has some kind of swort in that bambus stick after all...
    Sanji could fight Monet. Sky walk against a bird women would be a nice match up! And being in Namis body gives him a handycap so accepting Zorro to be the main event would seem natural and wouldnt leed to any strenght discussions...
    Last edited by Mische; July 09, 2012 at 05:53 PM.

  13. #280
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Somewhere close to far and away ^.^
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Mische View Post

    Might be that Zorro will take him down. Maybe Vergo has some kind of swort in that bambus stick after all...
    Sanji could fight Monet. Sky walk against a bird women would be a nice match up! And being in Namis body gives him a handycap so accepting Zorro to be the main event would seem natural and wouldnt leed to any strenght discussions...
    Your right, but do you really think Sanji will risk Nami body in a fight? Just maybe Law can turn there bodies back and Robin and Nami can fight Monet to show some of there new abilities. Oh..and I do think Zoro and Vergo will fight but its go be the second to main fight, Luffy and CC will be the main, Maybe Law and CC or Luffy + Law vs CC would be cool Too.

  14. #281
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wagging About
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    I don't like people saying they don't think Kaido is Doflamingo based on appearances. Nobody knows what Kaido looks like. The only image we have seen is half of his face from a downward angle covered in shadow from hundreds of chapters back. Also Doflamingo wears glasses and a giant pink feather costume, so please don't anyone say they know what he looks like either besides the blonde hair. While Kaido did get in an altercation with Shanks, there was no large scale battle and if he was Doflamingo he would have had plenty of time to get back since Luffy was still in Impel Down at the time. I think it would be better to discuss how it would benifit Doflamingo to personally get in a fight with the Whitebeard Pirates rather than wait to battle him with the entire Marine Navy at his back.

  15. #282
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    I don't understand why ppl who support the "static/sticky DF" idea shoot down the heart theory. Why can't it be both?! While I agree anything related to stickiness or whatever makes fast food stick on his check might be his devil fruit, I also think the heart theory might be the case.

    Law (panel 1) wanted to attack Vergo, but he was forced down. It's like Vergo pressed on a button, which causes immediate pain. Same case here, he is having chest pain while he is going down. I don't understand how a "sticky Df" is supposed to apply in this case. I mean how can a devil fruit with causes stickiness push Law down by causing pain?

    Furthermore Law shouted (while getting attacked) "who is there?". Why would he do that if he knows about Vergo's ability? I mean its like Zoro getting punched by a stretched hand and is wondering who it might be. I believe my point is clear. .. In all fairness, the magna did not confirm yet whether Law knows about his ability or not, but since they know each other for a long time, I assume he knows one or two things about Vergo.
    Last edited by BlackHair; July 09, 2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: One never knows what each day is going to bring. The important thing is to be open and ready for it - Henry Moore

  16. #283
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Page356 View Post
    Nobody knows what Kaido looks like.
    I don't know how often I have to repeat it, but the characters in One Piece obviously know of his appearance, that shouldn't even be debatable. Moria got his dream and crew crushed by Kaidou, so are you seriously implying that he wouldn't recognize that one person he hates the most, meeting up with him from time to time?

    As an Yonkou he would have no need to be super secretive and work for the WG, as they wouldn't dare to fight him anyway. Also their characters conflict with each other, with Doflamingo liking the war, whilst Kaidou tried to hinder WB from reaching MF in time.

    Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    This was mentioned in the manga, how'd everyone forget that little detail...?.
    I could imagine it to be a way to keep his identity as Doflamingo intact, reasonable explanation, but an incorrect one anyway Imo.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 09, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #284
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Page356 View Post
    I don't like people saying they don't think Kaido is Doflamingo based on appearances. Nobody knows what Kaido looks like. [...]
    The idea of Kaido and DoFlaimngo being the very same person is just incoherent. The theory lacks any logic.

    The Yonko are on a world scale known pirates. They fought many battles to claim their position, thus their faces and voice are known in the world. Kaido is one of them. Likewise Doflamingo is a famous Shichibukai known by the same means. Now considering this, how can both figures be of the same entity?

    Furthermore a emperor is a mighty force in the NW. There is no need for someone like Kaido to establish a secret organisation to control the underworld. A Yonko does not need any secrecy, they can act freely on their whim. I mean BM destroyed a entire country/island because of a silly reason. That alone shows how powerful they are in the NW.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    [..]Since one here said Doflamingo could be the unofficial fifth Yonko, I saw statements he was indeed the fifth Yonko and now people claiming he is likely to be Kaido. [...]
    lolz.. I was the one stating Dofla as a unofficial 5th Yonko. That statement had no seriousness in it. I was just excited reading the chapter and posted a troll/joke line. Ero-Sanji even tacked along and stated him as the 4th unofficial world power xD

    I had no idea that line gave birth to wrong thoughts. It's just as u said: Doflamingo even being a powerful and influential character on his own, he does not fit the criteria of a Yonko. Actually he does not even fit the criteria of a pirate. He seems more like a businessman to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    I thought, Kaidou had already been in a battle with one of the Marine divisions several days before Ace's execution was set and the battle with the Whitebeard pirates took place. This was mentioned in the manga, how'd everyone forget that little detail...?.
    Small correction, according to a marine report Kaido wanted to stop WB, but Shanks intervened. But I don't think think they (Shanks & Kaido) fought. Most likely they had a discussion, similar like this.
    Last edited by BlackHair; July 09, 2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: There's no such thing as quitting. Just sometimes there's a longer pause between relapses - Alan Moore

  19. #285
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wagging About
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I don't know how often I have to repeat it, but the characters in One Piece obviously know of his appearance, that shouldn't even be debatable. Moria got his dream and crew crushed by Kaidou, so are you seriously implying that he wouldn't recognize that one person he hates the most, meeting up with him from time to time?

    As an Yonkou he would have no need to be super secretive and work for the WG, as they wouldn't dare to fight him anyway. Also their characters conflict with each other, with Doflamingo liking the war, whilst Kaidou tried to hinder WB from reaching MF in time.
    No offense but there's always reason to be secretive no matter how powerful you are because anyone can use intel, it would be just plain wrong to assume strong persons are not smart persons. Being a Yokou does not make you omnipresent nor omnipotent. Also until you do in fact know what both of those pirates look like yourself you have no way of confirming seperate identities. Please show me a picture of Doflamingo without his costume! Please show me in the manga where everyone else has seen Doflamingo without his costume! Furthurmore the WG will attack yonkou. They may not deliberitely go to seek them out but it is obvious they have no qualms about making sure that they can fight a Yonkou by using hostages and deceit otherwise Whitebeard wouldn't be dead right now. You think they set up the execution the way they did to avoid a fight? You are mistaken.

    Yeah I don't believe Kaido is Doflamingo, but I refuse to come to that conclusion based on the same poorly conceived reasons everyone else did I acknowedge that it's not impossible. Doflamingo was probably trying to make everything get thrown into more chaos during Marineford, if he was Kaido then I believe he was planning more on slowing WB down so that Ace would die as he showed up, thus throwing WB into a rage and getting more people killed, but this happened anyway. By my logic it would be more appropriate to wonder why Doflamingo would risk fighting WB himself with his crew and ending up dead, rather than waiting to fight WB with the full might of the marines behind him.

New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts