Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter !!

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.42%
  • 2 (Average)

6 4.26%
  • 3 (Good)

12 8.51%
  • 4 (Great!)

52 36.88%
  • 5 (Epic)

65 46.10%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 2.84%
New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 673 Discussion

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 673 Spoiler Discussion / 674 Prediction

good chapter,we saw new characters and had a great mystery resolved: hence joker is doflamingo. but how is joker inside the G5? does it mean doflamingo is there???

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No, because nobody really knew they made the assumptionthat Joker is part of G-5, but in the end he's the boss of the boss of G-5.^^ He doesn't have to be there, I'm pretty sure he can chill there is he wants being a Shichibukai, but that's it. I doubt he stays long at any place from what we have seen about his character.

Now, let's get to the important part of the chapter, the hopeless situation that Luffy and Co are in. They will live through this, but they will have to beat Vergo, before he kills them, making him the endboss of this arc, if he doesn't escape. I wonder if this will be a 3 on 1 with Smoker and Co, since Vergo seems to be a tough mofo.

Funny how even Oda hints to this being similar to the beginning of the GL.

ukimix
    Better to theorize than not to.^^ Suuuuuuuuuper Franky will hopefully be of use after his rumble ball action from before,he's back in his real body, so he shouldn't feel any after-effects as Chopper now does. Poor Chopper, does he still lies where he was dropped in the Yeti Brother fight? Oda should give him an appropreate role in this arc with his whole drug speech with the kids.

At least we got a final confirmation of Law being part of Doflamingos crew at some time in his career. Just took us four years from the theory to an answer.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 04, 2012 at 06:02 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Andonan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm all this does is beg the question of who the fuck was Do Flo talking to after the war incident, you know the guy who ordered him to kill Moria....is it Vegepunk?? Or someone else?? I mean at the time Do flo said he wasn't his boss, which I believe, but at the same time he was giving him orders, probably on behalf of someone else, which begs the question HOW FAR UP DOES THIS THING GO! I mean we've got pirate crews controlling top marines, who represent full sections of the sea......it sounds like Do flo is some kinda backer of the WG, but at the same time is infiltrating their organization for his own aims....which is to create this "new revolution" isn't??

God SUCH A GOOD CHAPTER! I would even be tempted to throw it into one of the top ten...just amazing dialogue....in oda we trust

Different in so many ways, but similar in even more......

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

oh thanks,now it's clearer. btw,Vergo is a viceadmiral as well,and stronger than smoker since he is the boss. nice that doflamingo was law's boss when he was a pirate. I would have bet mit if they had asked me it at sabaody: law's jolly roger is too similar to doflamingo's one. btw,Schabrak, it's quite obvious that the main enemy of this arc will be doflamingo,vergo should be defeated by law,as both of them are stronger than smoker.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mr.danly's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Doflamingo: you badass, you. He's been my favorite one piece villain by far; from his first real introduction after the skypeia arc, he's always been dancing around several steps ahead of the world government, yonkou, and shikibukai. Completely unsurprised that he's this huge underground power broker, just surprised we haven't heard the name "joker" before the punk hazard arc, we've seen his symbol often enough.

SH Crew's Captivity: Non-factor. When has anyone ever successfully imprisoned the SH Crew for an arc's major events? They get captured every arc, and every time they bust out without a problem. Someone mentioned in a previous post that Raleigh broke out of seastone cuffs; that's definitely not true, he used haki (or possibly just sheer force/speed) to open mermaid-girl's explosive collar, but that certainly wasn't made out of seastone, nor would it have affected raleigh since he's not a DF user (as evidenced by him swimming across the ocean to train Luffy). So I doubt Luffy, Smoker, Law, and co. can just bust out of the cage by force, they'll have to be rescued by Zoro's side.

Random thoughts:
    -LOL at Robin and Luffy just nostalgically reminiscing on Alabasta on this page and pissing off Smoker http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/673/16.
    -Can Law just hurry up and switch everyone back to their bodies already? I'm getting tired of nami being uselessly trapped in sanji's body. Stupid seastone.
    -Oda's leaving me absolutely clueless in regards to what battles are going to be fought in this arc. We haven't even seen a group of fighters for the SH to match up against, are we even going to get the one-one matchups that we usually do? There's too many sides at play right now for me to even have a remote idea of where this is going (fight-wise at least).
    Currently Following/Completed: One Piece, DGM, HxH, Naruto, Deadman Wonderland, Air Gear, Psyren, Fairy Tail, Bleach.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

So Doflamingo cuts off Oars' leg in the war and he's been working with CC for a full year before that on gigantification. I wonder if he brought back Oars' or at least a piece of him for CC to study. Could be how CC made so much more progress in a couple of years than the govt did in decades.

FuS

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear God!!!...thank you Oda for putting to bed all my simple theories (weeps and says goodnight to all Kaidou theories)...that is the last time i try to predict one piece(not)

anyway what a chapter...so many questions were answered...Vergo being a VA who took a hamburger to the face....and of course joker being that flamboyantly pink warlord...which could mean law actually had his heart forcibly taken given flamingos ability.....

am glad laws jolly roger is now explained...being the same as flamingos, but cancelled out probably meaning he no longer subscribes to the ideals of the age of pirate dreams being over..cool
    Last edited by Kyodai Senkan Mora; July 04, 2012 at 06:16 AM.
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Andonan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah to go on from mr danly's post....

Do Flo must be a fucking monster to once have Vergo and Law in his crew its obscene!!!

Also love that his DF is equivalent to a puppet master and look who's behind the scenes controlling everyone....or "pulling the strings" :O Oda you're so clever :P

Yeah really can't see where any of this is going in terms of match ups...its all very intersting!!!

Different in so many ways, but similar in even more......

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

This was definitely a surprise to say the least, a nice one tho. Doflamingo being the big boss is good, he's a good vilain and I'd like to see him more too, with this, he's definitely gonna have some impact over the story in the future.

Now well well, Vergo is the boss of G-5, now everything is getting more or less clear (we still don't know that sleeping " thing " Law talked about, whether it is Slime or something else), aaaaaaand Luffy should gtfo from here if those chains aren't Kairouseki honestly, since he seems to be laughing and stuff, he doesn't seem to be weakned.

Good chapter for me

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol I quoted that he was Joker few chaps ago! His flag being a cheeky smile is what drew me to this conclusion, now it's confirmed! Can't wait for next week.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

The biggest question right now is how high up is Doflamingo already?

In my opinion he's currently sneaking up to the highest of all. The way he let Vergo sneak into G-5 top position just qualifies him as a villian who knows when his time for action has come.
    Let`s asume he is currently approximatly (just guessing) 4-5years Shishi and was always holding back his true intentions by infiltrating the Marines and also the WG step by step to get to the major informations they keep secret!

I would really love to see Vergo getting beaten up by Luffy and afterwards all the shit going on in G-5 and the real schemes of Doflamingo will be revealed he will have to make his first big step into public and thats the time the real party / skirmish is going to start !

I don't think that Doflamingo will be the final villian of this arc already... he will take part of one of the final ones, depending on how high in hirachy he has already snuck !

I really really can't wait for the next chapter... damn you Oda !!!!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Law winning against Smoker doesn't make him stronger than him, it's just that the DF ability enabled him to disable[] Smoker without any more fighting. This arc takes place on PH, Doflamingo is not there, so he won't be the endboss. He might become the final boss of saga though, but I wonder if Oda will keep the structure as in Paradise or keep going from Yonkou A island to Yonkou C island, to let Luffy fight them at the end of the manga.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bskbob's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well it was foreshadowed for a long time that Doflamingo was the boss of a large underground organization and enough ppl predict him to be law's (former) boss but it always nice having conformation^^

It easy to bet now that Caribou was talking about Joker/Doflamingo and selling the info about Poseidon to him which make it even more exciting.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

hence CC also works for doflamingo,but does he know that joker is doflamingo? and he doesn't know monet works for doflamingo too and is there to track him. also,vergo stated that they don't trust CC,who will probably be taken out by them,as did hody with that burden called VDD.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    hence CC also works for doflamingo,but does he know that joker is doflamingo?
    Caesar should not know, since it's been a big secret as said in this chapter. I doubt that anybody but his own crew knows about his secret identity. Maybe even a lot of his henchmen don't know about his double life too, they don't need to.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 04, 2012 at 06:39 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast