Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter !!

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

    2 1.42%
  • 2 (Average)

    6 4.26%
  • 3 (Good)

    12 8.51%
  • 4 (Great!)

    52 36.88%
  • 5 (Epic)

    65 46.10%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

    4 2.84%
New Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
Results 286 to 295 of 295

Thread: One Piece 673 Discussion

  1. #286
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    [..] This ability to influence people has been demonstrated by Hancock, who uses conqueror's haki to make men do her bidding. [..]
    This is totally unrelated to kings haki. Hancock's charming ability is related to her Devil Fruit. The heart symbol is her devil fruit trade mark. You can clearly see it in the eyes of her slaves and as she uses it to stone her opponents.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The heart theory is so fucking ridiculous

    After Vergo knocked Law senseless with one strike from a bamboo staff, why is a theory even necessary? [..]
    K-dom already covered for me on this, but I guess I need to response as well.

    Vergo using a CoA imbued bamboo stick to knock out Law is by no means a argument against the heart theory. These two issues are totally unrelated. As to ur questions, the chapter was about Vergo and Doflamingo. It is to early for any other revelations.

    I'm sure you understand, all these questions and points can be used against ur CoC theory as well. So not sure I understand what the point in it was. It is one thing to disagree with a theory, but another to back up with futile arguments. And I'm pretty sure you are aware of the pointlessness in these arguments.
    Last edited by BlackHair; July 10, 2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater - Albert Einstein

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #287
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) still here
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,666
    Post Thanks / Like

    OP 673: Doflamingo, Kaidou, Whitebeard

    Quote Originally Posted by Page356 View Post
    No offense but there's always reason to be secretive no matter how powerful you are because anyone can use intel, it would be just plain wrong to assume strong persons are not smart persons.
    Did I say that intel or would be widely spread in my scenario? No. Of course secrets would be kept secrets.

    Quote Quote:
    Also until you do in fact know what both of those pirates look like yourself you have no way of confirming seperate identities. Please show me a picture of Doflamingo without his costume! Please show me in the manga where everyone else has seen Doflamingo without his costume!
    His rockstar outfit and shades don't hide his corporal structure and facial features. Since Moria did not identify him as Kaido, he can't be, since Moria knows what he looks like, likely edged his mind after seeing his comrades being slaughtered in front of him and being beaten by Kaidou. That's a conclusive fact.

    Quote Quote:
    Furthurmore the WG will attack yonkou. They may not deliberitely go to seek them out but it is obvious they have no qualms about making sure that they can fight a Yonkou by using hostages and deceit otherwise Whitebeard wouldn't be dead right now. You think they set up the execution the way they did to avoid a fight? You are mistaken.
    They do not attack, they were defending, even if they were provoking Whitebeard. And only if they have leverage like Ace, the second/third in command at that time. It wasn't the main strategy during Sengoku's time as fleet admiral. This appear to be the first of such situations since Shiki, so no, that argument crashes too.


    Quote Quote:
    Yeah I don't believe Kaido is Doflamingo, but I refuse to come to that conclusion based on the same poorly conceived reasons everyone else did I acknowedge that it's not impossible. Doflamingo was probably trying to make everything get thrown into more chaos during Marineford, if he was Kaido then I believe he was planning more on slowing WB down so that Ace would die as he showed up, thus throwing WB into a rage and getting more people killed, but this happened anyway.
    Would Ace have died, there would have been no reason to risk his own family for an unattainable goal. Without knowledge of his death, he would likely return to his territory instead of going on a rampage.

    Quote Quote:
    By my logic it would be more appropriate to wonder why Doflamingo would risk fighting WB himself with his crew and ending up dead, rather than waiting to fight WB with the full might of the marines behind him.
    So you come to the conclusion that your argumentation would make less sense than those two being two different people. Thanks for creating arguments against your yourself.^^.

    Just in this chapter we got a confirmation that Doflamingo has an alter ego as the shadow broker Joker. Him having another alter ego, being one of the most feared and famous pirates alive would be absurb.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 09, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
    Firm but Fair

  4. #288
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,927
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    i'm thinking perhaps kidd is also a former subordinate of doflamingo. he also uses a smiley.
    More then anything that appears to be just a different/simpler way to drawing the "skull & cross bones" to represent a pirate flag. I doubt everyone who has that type of a Jolly Roger is linked to DoFlamingo.

    "Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

  5. #289
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wagging About
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: OP 673: Doflamingo, Kaidou, Whitebeard

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post

    His rockstar outfit and shades don't hide his corporal structure and facial features. Since Moria did not identify him as Kaido, he can't be, since Moria knows what he looks like, likely edged his mind after seeing his comrades being slaughtered in front of him and being beaten by Kaidou. That's a conclusive fact.

    Damnit you mean everybody knew Clark Kent was Superman from the beginning?! I'm surprised nobody in-universe knew! Besides that I really don't see the point in responding to your arguments. You obviously ignored everything I wrote and just made a point to counter every single argument I made for the sake of countering it.

  6. #290
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Anduren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Discussion seems to be getting a bit heated

    Actually, when I 1st saw law grabbing his heart and falling to the ground, the 1st thought that came to mind was.... the mysterious guy must have his heart. But once he stepped into the light he didn't seem to be doing anything or making any movements to make Law feel pain. Anyways, everything's just theory till the next few chapters come out. It could be the "heart pirates" captain is missing his heart; it could be that there's some new awesome hidden haki ability yet to be revealed; or it could be some nifty devil fruit ability. I wouldn't rule out anything in the world of One Piece since Oda always finds a way to explain the most unbelievable stuff to seem logical (like how an island can float on a cloud).

    I also don't think Doflamingo is Kaidou... it'd make for so many inconsistencies in the story that's been told so far. But as for the shadow picture that was shown when Garp introduced the Yonkou, well.... I don't think we could've picked out Hancock in the shadowy introduction picture of the shichibukai given by Johny & Yosaku in the Arlong Arc either; or picked out Akainu in the shadowy picture when Robin was introducing the marine admirals.

    Anyways, lets hope the next chapter's spoilers come out soon and give us a few answers to quench our curiosity.

  7. #291
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    [...] Smoker who is low-tier, but still Vice Admiral and that's not a joke. [...]
    I have to strongly disagree here. Even before the time-skip Smoker was above low-tier. Back then I would have put him on lower mid-tier. Right now I would put him on upper-mid-tier.

    But in the first place, why does it make him a low tier by just losing to Law? Vergo beating Law was more than suspicious. Clearly Vergo has a ace on his hand. Some kind of advantages based on their past relationship. I'm still with my heart theory.

    Spoiler: My rank system show


    Anyway, he is definitely mid-tier right now. I don't think there is any doubt about this. Smokers loss was partly circumstanced.

    Quote Originally Posted by ankibunny1990 View Post
    Why is the thread for spoiler pics and summaries for 674 is closed?
    Apparently none of the stuff is online. But why the rush? Is it rly that important to be the first one to put the spoilers on MH? xD

    Anyway, early Aohige spoilers. Unexpected, but seems to be true.

    Spoiler: 674 show

  8. #292
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Please PM staff members if you have spoilers. Threads are open, so spoilers can be posted PLEASE RESPECT THE FORMAT

  9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #293
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Did I say that intel or would be widely spread in my scenario? No. Of course secrets would be kept secrets.


    His rockstar outfit and shades don't hide his corporal structure and facial features. Since Moria did not identify him as Kaido, he can't be, since Moria knows what he looks like, likely edged his mind after seeing his comrades being slaughtered in front of him and being beaten by Kaidou. That's a conclusive fact.


    They do not attack, they were defending, even if they were provoking Whitebeard. And only if they have leverage like Ace, the second/third in command at that time. It wasn't the main strategy during Sengoku's time as fleet admiral. This appear to be the first of such situations since Shiki, so no, that argument crashes too.



    Would Ace have died, there would have been no reason to risk his own family for an unattainable goal. Without knowledge of his death, he would likely return to his territory instead of going on a rampage.


    So you come to the conclusion that your argumentation would make less sense than those two being two different people. Thanks for creating arguments against your yourself.^^.

    Just in this chapter we got a confirmation that Doflamingo has an alter ego as the shadow broker Joker. Him having another alter ego, being one of the most feared and famous pirates alive would be absurb.


    i understand your point of view, but i will try to explain why i think that Dofla and a Yonkou have got tight connections or are one and the same person.


    A Yonkou is not an opponent you can hope to defeat easily - Dofla, even if he isn't a Yonkou, we have seen how strong he is (plus there is a vice admiral under his command), so the same goes for him.

    So Law is at PH, without his crew, maybe without his heart (i think it's gone but even if it's hinted it's not proven yet), searching for some key. The Strawhats arrive and soon after they met Law wants to take down a yonkou together with Luffy.
    That alone wouldn't trouble me, buuut......
    now we know that Law was part of Doflas crew. We can tell that they don't trust each other, it's hinted that whatever Law is doing would go against Dofla's interests (Law told CC to not tell Joker (Dofla) any of this; the conversation with Vergo......).
    Law doesn't look like Luffy to me, he isn't the "reckless" type but rather someone who comes up with a strategy (like the key thing).

    So why does Law want to take down a yonkou when he is being watched by Dofla? Why does he go up against two big shots at the same time (without his crew!!)? If he has some unfinished business with dofla (and he certainly does or he wouldn't have been knocked down and imprisoned by Vergo). So i assume that the yonkou Law wants to take down and Dofla have some deep connection or are one and the same

    About Dofla not looking like the foreshadowed Kaidou, does http://www.mangareader.net/103-2556-...apter-449.html

    this guy look like moria to you?
    Further, do we really know that moria knows how Kaidou looks like? Do we know anyone so far that knows what Kaidou looks like? Besides, with Doflas ability it would be easy to control someone and let him act as "him".


    Next, the war. Remember when the Gorosei (not sure if that's correct) talked about Shanks and WB? If Shanks would have come along with WB, i think they would have won the war. We don't know if Shanks wanted to come but it seems like it (he arrived one day after the battle with kaidou's crew, he had a connection with ace, he wanted to save him - he even talked to whitebeard about ace and that he should call him back,.....)

    so if you are well informed (like a guy with connections to G5, the upper WG, Shichibukai, the "underworld",.....), you could "try" to stop whitebeard even if you want him to go (but you want him to go down), so that Shanks has to deal with the one who "tries" to stop whitebeard.


    it would just fit Dofla. He is a shichi, but has an agreement with some unknown force in the wg. G5 is under his control, and he was the one always talking about the "new era". When the shichi first met, dofla played with two marines for fun. He controlled the diamond guy of WB crew and that very same guy took a slash from hawkeye head on. So in terms of strength he could be around the admiral / yonkou levl. So why just being a "shichibukai"? Crocodile, Kuma, Moria, BB, Hancock, Jimbey - they all joined because of a certain reason and as we have seen with BB, after he got what he wanted, he gave a shi* about his title.
    In my opinion DOfla's reason is to infiltrate the WG. So if you have 3 big parties and you want to have the information of all three or even work for all three, it's wise to use at least one (Joker) fake name, maybe more than that.

    It's not like he would have to (i agree to the fact that a yonkou can do almost everything in his turf) but rather that he would want to - the goverment would never allow a Yonkou related person to be a shichi, would they? Or a shichi to be a yonkou. Or a shichi who controls the underworld. If they would there would have been no reason for crocodile to call himself mister cero or dofla calling himself joker....

  11. #294
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) still here
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,666
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Wha View Post
    this guy look like moria to you?

    Further, do we really know that moria knows how Kaidou looks like? Do we know anyone so far that knows what Kaidou looks like? Besides, with Doflas ability it would be easy to control someone and let him act as "him".

    If Shanks would have come along with WB, i think they would have won the war. ... so if you are well informed (like a guy with connections to G5, the upper WG, Shichibukai, the "underworld",.....), you could "try" to stop whitebeard even if you want him to go (but you want him to go down), so that Shanks has to deal with the one who "tries" to stop whitebeard.

    So in terms of strength he could be around the admiral / yonkou levl. So why just being a "shichibukai"?
    This will be my last repetition:
    We != OP characters[WG intelligence + Kadou rookie time + bounty picture + marines and pirates that have fought him]

    Do you imagine Moriah not to have been present after those words? Oo
    Spoiler show


    Shanks did not intend to join or win the war, it's not his fight.

    I don't think anyone understimated Doflamingo, not since he showed just as much effort as Dracule did, indicating a late and strong appearance.
    Firm but Fair

  12. #295
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,046
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 673 Discussion / 674 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Only reason why I say Doflamingo IS NOT Kaidou is because Kadiou tried to stopped the war and Doflamingo couldn't be more happier about.
    the fuck is this discussion about doflamingo= kaido??? you are right,my friend. Kaido is known,surely a lot of guys saw him,whereas doflamingo isn't obviously him.

New Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts