Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

25 32.05%
  • Good

34 43.59%
  • Average

9 11.54%
  • Bad

10 12.82%
New Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 499 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MyuuMyuu's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 499 Discussion / 500 Predictions

I think its a good idea tite kubo had Hitsugaya, Byakuya, soi-fong and komakura's bankais sealed away. with this, other of the captains might soon show us their bankai when they figure out to withstand the bankai sealing

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

indeed,although this also prevent them from using it... well,at least even kyoraku realized that these quincies aren't opponents who can be defeated without using bankai..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    it'd be aproblem if they were really 16. 6 is already better,although defeating them would be easy,since just 6 are so strong. yeah.16 is better,hence we can see 0th squad,vizards and ichigo.
    6 makes more sense - it's those that are fighting the captains, therefore we know they're captain level at least. Not all SR have to necessarily be captain-level. If there were 16, it'd probably be too much for SS even with Ichi coming to the rescue, and some captains could be attacked by multiple SR.

And, it seems some captains will die (and more SR will appear), so there's still plenty of ways to match up the other captains.
    Last edited by 0Xellos; July 05, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we have to consider that the term "captain level" is somewhat ambiguous as far as SS is concerned. Us fans generally use the term to refer to people who would be comparable to any one captain of the gotei 13. The issue at hand is that the manga characters do not do that. As far as the manga is concerned the captains and their vice captains are captain level people which makes up for an overwhelming margin. For all we know the guy with the mexican wrestling mask was also considered among the 16 captain level people. 16 captain level people has the implication that there are 16 people with power comparable or greater to that of captains and vice captains basically.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, we have to consider that the term "captain level" is somewhat ambiguous as far as SS is concerned. Us fans generally use the term to refer to people who would be comparable to any one captain of the gotei 13. The issue at hand is that the manga characters do not do that. As far as the manga is concerned the captains and their vice captains are captain level people which makes up for an overwhelming margin. For all we know the guy with the mexican wrestling mask was also considered among the 16 captain level people. 16 captain level people has the implication that there are 16 people with power comparable or greater to that of captains and vice captains basically.
    You are partially right about the captain level, its the level where it is possible for you to become a captain, not all lieutenants are capable (eg Momo)
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleach fan 101 View Post
    You are partially right about the captain level, its the level where it is possible for you to become a captain, not all lieutenants are capable (eg Momo)
    One also has to question the quality of the current captains, since no current captain seem to be "just above" captain minimum potential.
    But there is a problem with saying that captain level is merely the level of when one is cable of bankai, thus becoming a captain.

That is, do you really need a certain amount of reatsu? Just to refresh some memories here are some old links from the manga.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-586-20...apter-132.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-586-21...apter-132.html

So exactly like you said, one needs a certain amount of reatsu to reach bankai, probably since you have to "materialize" ones zanpaktou into ones own realm and do a long term trial while under reatsu pressure.
    So, is this what is meant by captain level?
    or is it some average of normal captain potential?
    Perhaps it's the average of all historical captain levels that is consider a normal captain level?

What is deluding my mind is this:
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-39731-...apter-382.html

"and I misjudged that reatsu, to be his total reatsu, on par of that of a captain..?"

Point being, if this isn't a mistranslation, then she's basically more likely talking about either an average captain level or the max potential of a captain before promotion to the Royal Guards, perhaps with the exception of the senior 4 captains who seem to remain.

So, this is getting a little bit tricky, we got facts from manga pointing towards captain level being able to obtain bankai, and then this page destroys that picture unless it's a mistranslation.

So what exactly is a captain level? I think Unohana pretty much put the question into perspective, there are no easy way to get a grasp onto the level differences atm.

In other words, this chapter is turning upside down. If Unohana isn't mistranslated here, then these Sternritter Quincies are stronger than all the captains, with perhaps the exception of the senior 4 (Just maybe). Since in the Aizen case, Ichigo was the only one of them who had not seen Aizen's bankai, it does not mean necessarily mean he's way above them in reatsu, unless he fuses with his hollow of course, then he seems to jump leaps ahead.

So in conclusion: There are 2 senior captains of the 4 likely to be on a higher level than all the other captains.
    Unohana is still in question whether she's that destructive when fighting, however it's possible.
    That means that possibly all the other captains are outclassed, and even worse, they lost their bankai to boot!

This leaves the 4th senior captain, the captain commander Yama-Jii. I'm sure he's gonna be busy with a certain individual pretty soon...

So assuming Unohana is correctly translated, it means Soul Society does not just refer captain level as minimum requirement to gain bankai, but as a whole measure of all captains.

Knowing this possibility, it means that Soul Society truly is in a really, raally bad situation, because there are 6 Sternritters, and only 3 senior captains!
    Keep in mind that Yama-Jii probaby will be kept busy by

Yeps.... I smell doom looking at these numbers, assuming they're correct x_x

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    6 makes more sense - it's those that are fighting the captains, therefore we know they're captain level at least. Not all SR have to necessarily be captain-level. If there were 16, it'd probably be too much for SS even with Ichi coming to the rescue, and some captains could be attacked by multiple SR.

And, it seems some captains will die (and more SR will appear), so there's still plenty of ways to match up the other captains.
    indeed,that makes more sense.however,those who know japanese are stating that the raw did state it was 16 captain rank and not 6,hence my speculation...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

All lieutenants are by definition of the manga captain level. That's pretty much the reason for which all VCs who go to the human world get that seal on them (the rule is that all captain level shinigami get seals). In all honesty, I doubt a single one of the current VCs would actually have the level required to become an actual captain of a squad (even renji). Even then, we have the reality that the manga has consistently referred to VCs as captain level shinigami. Hence the distinction between what the manga refers to captain level (VCs and captains) and what the forums refer to captain level (actual captains of the squads, espada...). Basically, among the stern rittern there could be someone as weak as the lowliest of the VCs and that person would still be considered captain level by the shinigami.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Now, even if among the 16 supposedly captain level people there are people comparable to VCs the shinigami are still in trouble. Basically, these guys would still be able to win against a VC rather easily and give trouble to captains. As far as we know quincy have the holy form which gives them a huge boost. I doubt any single VC would be able to stand against a similarly powerful quincy who has access to a holy form and if what we saw with mayuri and ishida a while back is a good reference then we have the scenario that a VC level quincy could indeed be trouble for a captain. Perhaps not all quincy would get the same boost ishida got from his final form (if it pushes the quincy to his limits then it is possible the holy form is different for everyone) though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

All lieutenants are by definition of the manga captain level. That's pretty much the reason for which all VCs who go to the human world get that seal on them (the rule is that all captain level shinigami get seals). In all honesty, I doubt a single one of the current VCs would actually have the level required to become an actual captain of a squad (even renji). Even then, we have the reality that the manga has consistently referred to VCs as captain level shinigami. Hence the distinction between what the manga refers to captain level (VCs and captains) and what the forums refer to captain level (actual captains of the squads, espada...). Basically, among the stern rittern there could be someone as weak as the lowliest of the VCs and that person would still be considered captain level by the shinigami.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Now, even if among the 16 supposedly captain level people there are people comparable to VCs the shinigami are still in trouble. Basically, these guys would still be able to win against a VC rather easily and give trouble to captains. As far as we know quincy have the holy form which gives them a huge boost. I doubt any single VC would be able to stand against a similarly powerful quincy who has access to a holy form and if what we saw with mayuri and ishida a while back is a good reference then we have the scenario that a VC level quincy could indeed be trouble for a captain. Perhaps not all quincy would get the same boost ishida got from his final form (if it pushes the quincy to his limits then it is possible the holy form is different for everyone) though.
    Would anyone care to find these statements in the manga though? Cause I'm pretty sure we're starting to mix up forum opinions 5-6 years back, rather than what the manga has been saying.

For my memory it's more that Lieutenants are restricted because of their large reatsu, not because they're cable of bankai, which as far as I recall, requires even more reatsu output.
    It's not like the level of reatsu to harm humans is equal to that of which is required of bankai.
    In other words, that's like saying:

Harmful reatsu levels in human world = Amount of reatsu required to be able to do bankai.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about some old Bleach assumptions that people never got straight back in the days, but I could be wrong.
    I mean, lets get some facts on the table to clear all doubt *Off for a while*

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

it is true that VC do have their reiatsu capped, but if you look in the manga they are 5X stronger in SS, whereas captains are 10X stronger in SS and their stronger in the real world (Byakuya compared to Renji when fighting Ichigo for the 1st time).

I had a scary thought that I hope Kubo doesn't do: what if VR emperor is old man Yama's son....
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I immediately assumed that those 6 SR that are "captain level or higher" are those fighting the 6 captains (the 4 who lost bankais, Rose and Kyoraku) - we saw other SR and even saw some fighting, but only 6 are fighting captains and 6 are mentioned, so it follows logically that captain level means being able to fight on par with a captain (we have no fodder captains, just senior ones, so let's thake it to be on par with a regular captain). We have seen a short Kira vs punker SR, but that SR was not included, and Kira is by no means a fodder VC, so it might be that Akon's talking about captain forum-level (I'm not very sure, it might be just that Akon didn't include uncertain information, like a VC beaten by a different SR, in his report).
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    Would anyone care to find these statements in the manga though? Cause I'm pretty sure we're starting to mix up forum opinions 5-6 years back, rather than what the manga has been saying.

For my memory it's more that Lieutenants are restricted because of their large reatsu, not because they're cable of bankai, which as far as I recall, requires even more reatsu output.
    It's not like the level of reatsu to harm humans is equal to that of which is required of bankai.
    In other words, that's like saying:

Harmful reatsu levels in human world = Amount of reatsu required to be able to do bankai.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about some old Bleach assumptions that people never got straight back in the days, but I could be wrong.
    I mean, lets get some facts on the table to clear all doubt *Off for a while*
    I am pretty sure I never said anything about the seal being related to bankai. I just said the seal is placed on all captain level shinigami (which includes captains and VCs).

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

it is true that VC do have their reiatsu capped, but if you look in the manga they are 5X stronger in SS, whereas captains are 10X stronger in SS and their stronger in the real world (Byakuya compared to Renji when fighting Ichigo for the 1st time).

I had a scary thought that I hope Kubo doesn't do: what if VR emperor is old man Yama's son....
    I don't think those numbers were actually ever given. The seal does restrain the reiatsu of the target to a measly 20% however that applies to captains as well (basically all captains and VCs at the human world only have 1/5th of their reiatsu available until the seal is broken).

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    I immediately assumed that those 6 SR that are "captain level or higher" are those fighting the 6 captains (the 4 who lost bankais, Rose and Kyoraku) - we saw other SR and even saw some fighting, but only 6 are fighting captains and 6 are mentioned, so it follows logically that captain level means being able to fight on par with a captain (we have no fodder captains, just senior ones, so let's thake it to be on par with a regular captain). We have seen a short Kira vs punker SR, but that SR was not included, and Kira is by no means a fodder VC, so it might be that Akon's talking about captain forum-level (I'm not very sure, it might be just that Akon didn't include uncertain information, like a VC beaten by a different SR, in his report).
    Well, going through the forums it does seem like the actual translation to the whole thing is that 16 captain level people or above attacked sereitei. Odds are the stern rittern includes people who are comparable to captains and VCs. At least I would question how VR would get 16 actual captain level people, even aizen only got 10 espada and he could literally fabricate his soldiers.

That said, kira being at the level of a VC has the necessary logical implication that he would be actual cannon fodder against the likes of a captain level enemy. That much has been consistent through the series. All VCs are fodder in face of captain level enemies.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

At least I would question how VR would get 16 actual captain level people, even aizen only got 10 espada and he could literally fabricate his soldiers.

That said, kira being at the level of a VC has the necessary logical implication that he would be actual cannon fodder against the likes of a captain level enemy. That much has been consistent through the series. All VCs are fodder in face of captain level enemies.
    They had time. hahaha It's a plot-kai to make the SS look weak and let them lose or create more targets to let everybody fight. It's not reasonable imtoö we get some more info on their history, and maybe not even than.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Rukia referred to Ikkaku as captain-level before, I guess captain-level reiatsu has a pretty wide range. Weak members of SR may indeed be on par with VCs but since shinigami are unable to fight at full power, they will still cause problems.

I'm surprised that Urahara didn't think Quilge's holy slave technique was worth mentioning. Perhaps he thought it was part of Vollstandig but I think it was such a powerful technique that it deserved separate mention. It practically enhanced Quilge's combat abilities from losing to Ayon to obliterating it, I wonder if shinigami are already aware of it because it seems it can give quincies the edge.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daman246 View Post
    In my Opinion Kirge is not weaker than the Steritters. He is the Captain of the HUnting Squad and im sure the Captain of the Sternritter is that Blond Aizen lookalike. he MIght be stronger or just as strong as one of the members of the sternritter, it wouldnt make sense to leave the Hunting of HM to a Weak Quincy or Leave Ichigo to a Regular Quincy.
    all u have to say is: Ulquiorra, at this point can anyone prove or disprove that he was stronger or weaker than stark?...nope exactly

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post

Knowing this possibility, it means that Soul Society truly is in a really, raally bad situation, because there are 6 Sternritters, and only 3 senior captains!
    Keep in mind that Yama-Jii probaby will be kept busy by

Yeps.... I smell doom looking at these numbers, assuming they're correct x_x
    however if we do consider Yoruichi, Urahara and Ishinn the numbers are suddenly even and furthermore is Ichigo...tho it doesnt seem like he'll be part of this current fight

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

New Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast