Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

25 32.05%
  • Good

34 43.59%
  • Average

9 11.54%
  • Bad

10 12.82%
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 499 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ThaGreatOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 499 Discussion / 500 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    all u have to say is: Ulquiorra, at this point can anyone prove or disprove that he was stronger or weaker than stark?...nope exactly

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

however if we do consider Yoruichi, Urahara and Ishinn the numbers are suddenly even and furthermore is Ichigo...tho it doesnt seem like he'll be part of this current fight
    I've said Ulquiorra was the strongest (or best since you add that yammi asspull) for the longest time. Stark's best attack couldn't defeat the espada. He shot Shinsui at point blank range with his combined cero gun and the blast didn't even burn a hole through his entire outfit. Shinsui was trolling starrk by playing like he was hurt until his vc kicked him and made him get up. Then stark got beat by shikai. Ulqiorra was also fast, had a second form, his black cero put a hole in ichigo's chest and it took a point blank range kamehame-ha blast from Super Saiyan Monster ichigo to beat ulqiorra so you have a point as of now there is no real way to tell how kirge matches up. Sometimes it's not who has the most attack power but who is best suited for the job and kirge got the job done by stopping ichigo. It's a shame Urahara took that L just now. I expected more from him hopefully it doesn't take him forever to bounce back and finish kirge.
    Mashiro SUCKS end of story. Better yet all viazards outside of Shinji were trash

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

When seeing BB he reminds me of several shinigami characters, namely Kenny, but there may also be a resemblance to Kyorakou and Isshin. Maybe Kubo will drop a hint in the 500th chapter

What are your thoughts?
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleach fan 101 View Post

When seeing BB he reminds me of several shinigami characters, namely Kenny, but there may also be a resemblance to Kyorakou and Isshin. Maybe Kubo will drop a hint in the 500th chapter

What are your thoughts?

Well this guy has been around since, Yamamoto was first commander of the Gotei 13. So I imagine, there must have been an alliance at one point with the Shinigami and Quincy. But this guy probably felt all hollows should be destroyed or something, since he is human and humans are basic food for hollows. Maybe this man, lost a loved one to hollows and felt failed by Soul Society.

Personally, I think this guy is connected to Ichigo in some way or maybe Ichigo's mother.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThaGreatOne View Post
    I've said Ulquiorra was the strongest (or best since you add that yammi asspull) for the longest time. Stark's best attack couldn't defeat the espada. He shot Shinsui at point blank range with his combined cero gun and the blast didn't even burn a hole through his entire outfit. Shinsui was trolling starrk by playing like he was hurt until his vc kicked him and made him get up. Then stark got beat by shikai. Ulqiorra was also fast, had a second form, his black cero put a hole in ichigo's chest and it took a point blank range kamehame-ha blast from Super Saiyan Monster ichigo to beat ulqiorra so you have a point as of now there is no real way to tell how kirge matches up. Sometimes it's not who has the most attack power but who is best suited for the job and kirge got the job done by stopping ichigo. It's a shame Urahara took that L just now. I expected more from him hopefully it doesn't take him forever to bounce back and finish kirge.
    exactly, definetly agree...and i was one of those ppl who thought Kirge was gonna be fodder to me he jus reminded me of like Sasakibe with a bit more dialogue, but now we gotta consider that it takes ALOT to even be able to stall Ichigo even compared to the level we've seen from the senior captains (and thats him not really ragefully powered up) so Kirge's gotta be good, now i kinda see him as a like a Kabuto type of guy (with a lil less on his resume lol), unassuming invisible guy but the annoying bastard that has too many tricks and cunning, make sure he's really dead type of bastard lol i dunno as much as ppl wanna hate that he shouldnt be able to do this to all these tough, smart, powerful ppl...isnt that more impressive than anything?

to be honnest im not sure i want him to die yet he seems like he'd be a good right hand man to the king in the 2nd part of the war no? (being the only one with extensive early Ichigo battle experience now probably makes him valuable too) i wouldnt mind if he escaped somehow, make things interesting later

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

even throughout the fact that he kept his cool and his mind on the mission the king gave him while avoiding being overwhelmed by Ichigo's raw power/speed (as most do) all at the same time, till the very end....i was definetly impressed, potential for a strong character imo

lets add how smart and on point Urahara usually is and to have forced his(Kirge) way out of a situation that even Urahara thought had too low of a percentage (im sure thats how he thinks lol) is impressive too if u dont choose to look at it as simply Urahara's mistake....then Kirge did a pretty damn impressive job
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; July 06, 2012 at 10:04 PM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope allon frees himself and gets rid of that idiot quincy. then,he will help freeing ichigo,with urahara,chad,orihime and the tres bestia

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I hope allon frees himself and gets rid of that idiot quincy. then,he will help freeing ichigo,with urahara,chad,orihime and the tres bestia
    allon has no conscience, even if freed he will just try to beat everyone up

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    One also has to question the quality of the current captains, since no current captain seem to be "just above" captain minimum potential.
    But there is a problem with saying that captain level is merely the level of when one is cable of bankai, thus becoming a captain.

That is, do you really need a certain amount of reatsu? Just to refresh some memories here are some old links from the manga.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-586-20...apter-132.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-586-21...apter-132.html

So exactly like you said, one needs a certain amount of reatsu to reach bankai, probably since you have to "materialize" ones zanpaktou into ones own realm and do a long term trial while under reatsu pressure.
    So, is this what is meant by captain level?
    or is it some average of normal captain potential?
    Perhaps it's the average of all historical captain levels that is consider a normal captain level?

What is deluding my mind is this:
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-39731-...apter-382.html

"and I misjudged that reatsu, to be his total reatsu, on par of that of a captain..?"

Point being, if this isn't a mistranslation, then she's basically more likely talking about either an average captain level or the max potential of a captain before promotion to the Royal Guards, perhaps with the exception of the senior 4 captains who seem to remain.

So, this is getting a little bit tricky, we got facts from manga pointing towards captain level being able to obtain bankai, and then this page destroys that picture unless it's a mistranslation.

So what exactly is a captain level? I think Unohana pretty much put the question into perspective, there are no easy way to get a grasp onto the level differences atm.

In other words, this chapter is turning upside down. If Unohana isn't mistranslated here, then these Sternritter Quincies are stronger than all the captains, with perhaps the exception of the senior 4 (Just maybe). Since in the Aizen case, Ichigo was the only one of them who had not seen Aizen's bankai, it does not mean necessarily mean he's way above them in reatsu, unless he fuses with his hollow of course, then he seems to jump leaps ahead.

So in conclusion: There are 2 senior captains of the 4 likely to be on a higher level than all the other captains.
    Unohana is still in question whether she's that destructive when fighting, however it's possible.
    That means that possibly all the other captains are outclassed, and even worse, they lost their bankai to boot!

This leaves the 4th senior captain, the captain commander Yama-Jii. I'm sure he's gonna be busy with a certain individual pretty soon...

So assuming Unohana is correctly translated, it means Soul Society does not just refer captain level as minimum requirement to gain bankai, but as a whole measure of all captains.

Knowing this possibility, it means that Soul Society truly is in a really, raally bad situation, because there are 6 Sternritters, and only 3 senior captains!
    Keep in mind that Yama-Jii probaby will be kept busy by

Yeps.... I smell doom looking at these numbers, assuming they're correct x_x
    Its actually pretty simple, captain lvl is a threshhold once you go past that you can become a captain. But there is no given limit to it. After all Yamamoto is way stronger then any of the captains yet hes a captain. (be it the captain commander but still).
    As much as people try to see droids with same power lvls endlessly batter eachother till you can say they are just as strong because they got the same parameters. This is not a given in this story, nor in any real life event.

Take any martial arts and you see many people compete on the same lvl, as well as weightclass (boxing/judo as example). You always got a few that are even close to getting the gold medal, yet all compete on the same lvl. Those few gifted ones you can say are the Ichigos. the rest are like your average captain lvl.
    Its not that these others dont qualify its just that they are not as gifted or skilled. In any area of expertise. Be it cunning, battle experience or stamina. And sometimes a certain oponent is more suited to your skills , yet you might lose to someone that would be beaten by the ones that are more suited for you. Nothing is determined by a fixed nr of points.

Many people treat this battle mechanism with a given lvl.

Lets say:

Ichigo is 100
    Ishida is 90
    Orihime is 80
    etc etc
    Then logic predicts that Ichigo would beat all those below him, and Ishida those below him. But it just doesnt work like that. You need to think of all variables like range. close combat, healing abilities, etc etc etc.

The only golden rule is that Ichigo will always win *in the end* since hes the main character. End of my entry
    Last edited by ca12nag3; July 06, 2012 at 05:02 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

@the great one.

Ulquiorra's second form doesn't exactly make him the "strongest" espada anymore than Nnoitra having the "hardest iron hierro", Zommari being the "fastest" or Szayelaporro being the most intelligent. Barragan actually considered himself the strongest, irregardless of the ranking system given by Aizen.

And Kirge is only being kept alive to keep the anticipation going for Ichigo's arrival to Soul Society so that we all keep reading the series period. Kubo has done this before dozens of times and some people try to rationalize the obvious, but I'm not. Fact is, Kirge should be dead, but Urahara left him alive for what reason is beyond me. You would think that if the Quincy are killing your people, you'd show them no mercy as well and Urahara is too smart to make such a minor / rookie mistake.

besides, Kirge has to stay alive anyways, in order to hold Ichigo and somebody is going to take him out, it's just a matter of who. as i said, I'm guessing Grimmjow returns.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dopeycheese View Post
    allon has no conscience, even if freed he will just try to beat everyone up
    that's just a specualtion,I think he could obey this time,maybe with urahara's help

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    @the great one.

Ulquiorra's second form doesn't exactly make him the "strongest" espada anymore than Nnoitra having the "hardest iron hierro", Zommari being the "fastest" or Szayelaporro being the most intelligent. Barragan actually considered himself the strongest, irregardless of the ranking system given by Aizen.
    but didnt he simply compare who/what Ulquiorra fought vs who Stark fought (with his full power as well).....im not willing to claim Ulquiorra as the strongest but u cant disprove it either unless of course you feel that Shunsui could have just as easily defeated Ichigo in his Bankai with a mask on in jus shikai mode.....nvm when he transformed into the super hollow....that doesnt make much sense imo

i mean come on who are you kidding Ulquiiorra was trashing Ichigo around BEFORE he transformed and after that it wasnt even close i cant imagine how after seeing that.....meh

and i mean as for this

And Kirge is only being kept alive to keep the anticipation going for Ichigo's arrival to Soul Society so that we all keep reading the series period. Kubo has done this before dozens of times and some people try to rationalize the obvious, but I'm not. Fact is, Kirge should be dead, but Urahara left him alive for what reason is beyond me. You would think that if the Quincy are killing your people, you'd show them no mercy as well and Urahara is too smart to make such a minor / rookie mistake.

besides, Kirge has to stay alive anyways, in order to hold Ichigo and somebody is going to take him out, it's just a matter of who. as i said, I'm guessing Grimmjow returns.
    well ok first off most of us try to theorize but this is a STATEMENT your making to be fact like you know exactly that its the truth....on what basis....how do you know Kirge has to stay alive for that trap to stay active? did Orochimaru suddenly appear again because Itachi died (since he had trapped him in that realm) i know its another manga but just an example to make you understand you have no basis on making that statement (not theorizing but STATING it to be fact lol) since you dont know how Kirge's trap works.....

and then u state (yet again) that essentially because Urahara is so smart he's infallible....well based on your theory there Aizen shouldnt have ever lost either because he was so damn smart...being a genuis doesnt make you infallible, does it mean it has to necessarily be that Urahara KEPT him alive, he can't possibly make a miscalculation?, keeping him alive in such a crucial situation doesnt seem like much of a sign of intelligent in that moment either

so its essentially impossible for it to be simply because Kirge's good right? thats your whole thing?

well thats one opinion, just dont state it as fact unless of course ur Kubo undercover in North American Forums.....

the fact that the king is QUITE aware of Ichigo being one of the 5 weapons of this war and yet felt Kirge could handle it (so he had enough faith in him even after double checking who's near that area) means nothing? so the King's (who easily disposed of 2 of his members) vote of confidence means nothing? its all jus plotkai.....ight then

oh well whatever happens happens, unlike you i HOPED he might survive, but didnt state that he will lol

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

And Kirge is only being kept alive to keep the anticipation going for Ichigo's arrival to Soul Society so that we all keep reading the series period. Kubo has done this before dozens of times and some people try to rationalize the obvious, but I'm not.
    and i mean what kind of statement is this? well in that case Ichigo is only being kept alive so we keep reading the story, and the king is only being kept alive so we keep reading the story, and Urahara and Chad and Orihime didnt die from Kirge's surprise attack, so we keep reading the story.....etc...

speaking of obvious

its KUBO's story he's gonna keep whoever he wants alive thats how its been from the start....now on the other hand if for example Toshiro were to die and somehow came back without much of an explanation.....then we can throw the argument of Kubo 'KEEPING' or bringing someone back for other reasons then his story....fanservice....Grimmjow is an example of this....otherwise Kirge being 'kept alive' well why couldnt it jus be part of KUBO'S story and plan all along?....
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; July 07, 2012 at 08:50 AM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

@ SaitoSpike & FetherMan

Judging how easily the king wacks his own subjects, its possible that Kirge was never up to the task. However he might be using him to delay Ichigo long enough to turn the tide in his favor. As in launching the attack against SS taking those bankais and then turn attention towards Ichigo.
    At least thats how it seems for me. That dude is nothing important and his entire personality supports the notion of expendable character.

The idea of Kirge not dieing? Why wouldnt he. What i expect is someone showing up to finish this guy off so Ichigo can go on to SS.

@ FetherMan

Characters are not kept alive to keep people reading. Not that that isnt the entire idea of a manga to make special moments to make people wonder whats next, but that is hardly worth mentioning since thats a common fact. Whats more interesting is what will happen next,
    Will Ichigo break free himself using a buildup of his own power?
    Someone of his current available comrads frees him?
    A arrancar of the ones there does it?
    Or maybe a new character that arives on the scene.
    Thing is if you get anoyed with these so called that we all keep reading the series period. maybe your just bored with it?
    At least it looks like you dont enjoy reading it or i might be wrong.
    Last edited by ca12nag3; July 07, 2012 at 05:58 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    @ SaitoSpike & FetherMan

Judging how easily the king wacks his own subjects, its possible that Kirge was never up to the task. However he might be using him to delay Ichigo long enough to turn the tide in his favor. As in launching the attack against SS taking those bankais and then turn attention towards Ichigo.
    At least thats how it seems for me. That dude is nothing important and his entire personality supports the notion of expendable character.
    thats a fair assessment and thats how i saw him at first as well....except now to me he seems to be following the same path as Ulquiora...so im starting to wonder if there isnt more to Kirge Opie at this point, the fact that he gave ALL of these ppl this much trouble to me doesnt seem normal for a guy who's jus supposed to be a stepping stone so imo the jury's still out on him....of course had he not pulled his resurection act this chapter i may not feel this way either.....but now i really wonder, i mean the king clearly ASKED who was down there in HM when he found out that Ichigo was there, the fact that he asked means he wanted to make SURE someone who could handle at least stalling him was there....which means he definetly had to believe Kirge could do it....i agree that he probably didnt think he could defeat him tho, but i doubt he'd let anyone other than himself take care of that anyways....if it was a fight to defeat ichigo that is

i mean @Fetherman said that Kubo has done this dozens of times with characters like him before but i mean i cant seem to remember one character who gave strong ppl, especially Ichigo this much trouble, who was jus a stepping stone and didnt get a bit more spotlight in the story...correct me if im wrong but i mean unless Kirge is the equivalent of Dordoni (who out of Ichigo's enemies has been the most pointless) cuz otherwise the list of one on one fights with Ichigo is quite a list...is one way to put it...and they;'ve always come back for round 2 90% of the time

imo Kirge is NOT the Dordoni of this arc that spot clearly belonged to Asgiaro who got clowned by Ichigo and then thrown away by the King in the span of a few chapters lol

another thing to consider is that Kirge was seemingly the only Captain sent to take over HM, despite the fact that there are Arrancar who were known to be on par with or stronger than Captains in SS...jus a side note tho

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

but hey in the end Kirge has already proven himself, i think thats my whole point....it'd be interesting to see him escape and come back imo but my main point is that this guy was clearly no push over as we mayu have thought....lets be honnest this is the NEW Ichigo being able to not get completely destroyed by him when he's in Bankai mode should say something, isnt it a clear indication that at the very least Kirge is at the senior Captains levels-ish
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; July 07, 2012 at 06:58 PM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

@ SaitoSpike

Kirge might be the toughest guy on the block but didnt he state himself that the stern ritters are even more tougher? Also we have little or no reference as to what this Ichigo can do. For all we know his power increased substantially judging how Kirge nuked the hulk (Ayon) into submission. Whiped the floor with the winks girls (Harribels fraccion) and gets up after our local Geisha in disquise (yes Urahara) popped up and shot him. This guy already took a hell of a beating from characters that are to be reconned with. Ichigo had little trouble dealing with him, other then this last minute surprise that caught him.

What im saying is that for all we know Ichigo shruggs him off and sends him into the next dimension (Vegeta vs pui pui styl). And makes his way to SS.
    This doesnt say that Kirge is weak or anything of the sort but more that Ichigo grew substantially.
    Other option is another character helping Ichigo but is that so likely?

To those that want Grimjow back and i supose he will show up sooner or later, its more likely for him to have a seperate ocassion to show up then to beat up some poor sucker thats already been hammered into submission and uses his final move to stall Ichigo.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

but are these quincies so strong?? they fear bankai,whereas not even the espada feared them. I hope the stern ritter are much much much stronger than kirge.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member stepsa's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think SS is in that much trobule as it seems. Ichigo got trapped for a reason, which would be so we can see all the captain's bankais as soon as they get rid of the anti bankai thing. Think about it, it is the last part of bleach the end of the manga, so we must see all the bankais, or we will be unsatisfied, at least i will be.

I dont think the numbers of Stern and their strength is something that will be much of a problem for SS with their bankais, without them it is a problem, but if u count how much power SS has, its not that bad.

They have 10 captains + Rose, Love, Hirako and Kensei, they have Yoroichi, Ishin, Urahara on the bench and they have undead powerhouse Aizen waiting in jail to showoff his bankai before Bleach ends.

So that is 18 captain strength people, so i dont think they r in trouble, Kubo just wants some deppresion for SS before he whips out the bankais, noone important died yet, and i hope someone does since it would bring much more to the story.

New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast