Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

25 32.05%
  • Good

34 43.59%
  • Average

9 11.54%
  • Bad

10 12.82%
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 499 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 499 Discussion / 500 Predictions

No one seems to be wondering why the sternritter king is still alive. If he's a quincy that also means he's human. so why has he been alive over 1000 years? Something seems fishy here. Maybe he was the first to complete being a hybrid. that would explain why he can create hybrids right? That would probably also make him one of the five war potentials...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher6 View Post
    No one seems to be wondering why the sternritter king is still alive. If he's a quincy that also means he's human. so why has he been alive over 1000 years? Something seems fishy here. Maybe he was the first to complete being a hybrid. that would explain why he can create hybrids right? That would probably also make him one of the five war potentials...
    good point but its cuz tha discussion came up when we first found ou they were quincy, jus one of the many things left to explain about this whole situation...

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Punisher6 & SaitoSpike

True to that but there is little point in discussing that yet, we have so little answers for this. After all these Quincy invaded both HM and SS, some of them are arrancar like and all of them can steal bankais. However not Ichigos.

Thats as much information we have so far, apart from the analyzing Urahara did on Kirge.

As far as things go we can only speculate, and then there is the entire issue with Uryuu.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    As far as things go we can only speculate, and then there is the entire issue with Uryuu.
    Are you referring to the promise he made to his father and which side he is on?
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleach fan 101 View Post
    Are you referring to the promise he made to his father and which side he is on?
    not just that, also how his power should be greater. Also we havnt seen hm yet and im sure we will. Thats kinda why i predict a retreat to the real world

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

SS rely too heavily on ichigo , and if it werent for him aizen would probably be ruling over SS right now and probably kicking all these quincy butts

somebody needs to go down to the jail and make a deal with aizen because if ichigo is stuck in the cage for a long time , there wont even be a SS that needs rescuing

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

so the blut can't attack and protect at the same time. I bet that buckbeard and the stern ritter's leader will be able to use that in both cases,though

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    SS rely too heavily on ichigo , and if it werent for him aizen would probably be ruling over SS right now and probably kicking all these quincy butts
    That come with being the protagonist of the series... If it weren't for Yamamoto, there would be no G13 or substitute shinigami. See how pointless your statement is?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

@Punisher6, the Quincy King obviously wanted to be rid of Hueco Mundo or at least the "Hollow", but failed to realize the consequences of disrupting the balance of spiritual worlds with the real world. Plus, Kubo has never emphasized too much on Shinigami having to kill "humans". The closet was the situation recently in the last story arc with Ginjou, who was originally human and made into a "Substitute Shinigami".

I'm not sure where the line is drawn with a Human that becomes a "Quincy", but Human is still Human, so I imagine, Yamamoto either let this man live or thought he actually killed him. How he's stayed alive is something of a mystery and it's possibly due to his Quincy powers or something. The new Qunicy here (The Vandenreich) seem to be a lot more powerful and advanced than the Quincy of the past.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    not just that, also how his power should be greater. Also we havnt seen hm yet and im sure we will. Thats kinda why i predict a retreat to the real world
    Retreating to the real world would be an awful idea considering how humans who come in contact with extremely dense spiritual pressure evaporate into dust which is what the Quincy may be able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post

somebody needs to go down to the jail and make a deal with aizen because if ichigo is stuck in the cage for a long time , there wont even be a SS that needs rescuing
    In this case relying on Ichigo makes sense, his ability to have limitless reiatsu allows him to negate the effects of the bankai stealing which could be used as a trump card to help them in SS regardless of how reluctant they are to ask for his help.
    I can see Aizen coming back because of this though his shikai would be useful to trick the enemies and cause them to lose focus of who they perceive as their enemy and it seems like that's what Yamamoto may do but he may just be going up to the main boss or perhaps he's going to the counsel to convince them to release Aizen.

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    so the blut can't attack and protect at the same time. I bet that buckbeard and the stern ritter's leader will be able to use that in both cases,though
    Buckbeard and the others might be able to have more control over their Blut, they may be able to have it controlled offensively through their arms while keeping their torso under the effects of a defensive blut.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
    Retreating to the real world would be an awful idea considering how humans who come in contact with extremely dense spiritual pressure evaporate into dust which is what the Quincy may be able to do.
    Then in your setting the Quincy do not hold humans in regard, would put their lives on the line. Also this would not sit well with Uryuu who they probably want on their side.
    If they are still human at the core they would not pose humans a threat.
    And as far as we can tell shinigami killing hollows or quincy killing hollows has never posed significant threat to humans.
    Only when Aizen in God mode and the arrancar wanted to they damaged them/killed them.

---------- Post added July 10, 2012 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was July 09, 2012 at 11:56 PM ----------

Also another thing, what about the entire *fact* that killing hollows (as in making them disappear for good) would cause a calamity that the shinigami believe would happen?
    What if this is just a fairy tale. And in the eyes of the Quincy is just a means to justify their actions against them. This would surely change the way anyone would look at hollows or the universe. I mean what if the worlds would not collide from this?
    Last edited by ca12nag3; July 09, 2012 at 04:58 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's just a means to kill Quincy in the past, the annihilation of thousands of human souls to counter the inballance would have been pointless and mark the SS as bad again. I doubt that's where Kubo is going with the plot. I could imagine them wanting to topple the ballance to create a way to get to the Soul King though.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i really dont understand the Aizen is coming back train (and im not targetting anyone specific, a few ppl have insisted this is a good idea).....if it happens i dont see it being more than a glimpse, Aizen had his time, 400+ chapters seems more than enough imo , wouldnt aizen jus be a huge disctraction from the current NEW story? i mean seems to me the flow of this is great why is Aizen's overwhelming presense needed?

not to mention, seeking Aizen's help? we dont even know what the King's full story is yet, despite what we're told about the balance of souls and quincies...etc..., it is told from the perspective of the Shinigami (or those in charge such as central 46), thats as much as we can say about it, imo Aizen isnt necessarily the lesser of these 2 evils so bringing him back seems like a worse risk

i mean realistically Aizen wasnt even preoccupied by this dimension anymore, what reason does he have to help SS, The Shinigami, the living world....i found it pretty clear that Aizen was out for Aizen in the end
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; July 09, 2012 at 07:22 PM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    i really dont understand the Aizen is coming back train (and im not targetting anyone specific, a few ppl have insisted this is a good idea).....if it happens i dont see it being more than a glimpse, Aizen had his time, 400+ chapters seems more than enough imo , wouldnt aizen jus be a huge disctraction from the current NEW story? i mean seems to me the flow of this is great why is Aizen's overwhelming presense needed?

not to mention, seeking Aizen's help? we dont even know what the King's full story is yet, despite what we're told about the balance of souls and quincies...etc..., it is told from the perspective of the Shinigami (or those in charge such as central 46), thats as much as we can say about it, imo Aizen isnt necessarily the lesser of these 2 evils so bringing him back seems like a worse risk

i mean realistically Aizen wasnt even preoccupied by this dimension anymore, what reason does he have to help SS, The Shinigami, the living world....i found it pretty clear that Aizen was out for Aizen in the end
    I agree, Aizen even if he was a great villain, he was so due to the backing of Tosen and Snakeeyes :P. I find him a bit needing now hes all alone. Also hes locked up for a few 1000 years. I doubt their methods are weak and he cant just free himself, also who would let him go anyways.

Spoiler show

Oh and who i want to show up, Zero squad. Seriously SS needs backup and who better then them to give it. Other then that i actually root for full retreat, they cant handle these guys. Also the setting of fighting in SS been there done that. HM same been there done that. So better regroup and fall back.
    Last edited by ca12nag3; July 09, 2012 at 07:37 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    That come with being the protagonist of the series... If it weren't for Yamamoto, there would be no G13 or substitute shinigami. See how pointless your statement is?
    Errr... Aizen > Yamamoto + G13 + vizards + urahara , isshin and yuruichi and ichigo who was mercifully given the chance to get stronger in the dangai

im just saying that he doesnt need to be released like right now because there wont be a story to tell if they did but when SS is gonna be totally annihilated and trying to retreat and aizen gets released and buys the shinigami some time and i say this because i see aizen as a villain but dont really see him as evil lol and if the guy can manage to bring the arrancars into one army whats to say that he cant be a better CC than yamamoto was

and wouldnt it be better to release him and get half your body sliced in half and be glued back together later instead of totally evaporating into nothing

oh and royal guards could up and defeat someone that even aizen couldnt manage to kill and live up to their overhypedness
    Last edited by R3D; July 10, 2012 at 04:08 AM.

New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast