Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: How would you rate this chapter?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Average

0 0%
  • Good

14 70.00%
  • Epic

6 30.00%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Toriko 194 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 194 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    [..]So I don't know why people are jumping to the conclusion that these monsters are above lvl 100, if they were above lvl 100 it probably would have said immeasurable or unknown. [..]
    Actually the four beasts are definitely above 100. They are from the gourmet world after all (panel 1). Anyway, here some facts:
    • The four were just introduced with a estimated capture level. Just compare them with past beasts.
    • Rin explains that she brought a device to precisely measure the capture level of beasts above 100. She further explains that she wants to measure the precise capture lvl of the four. Basically Rin confirms that the capture lvl of 100 isn't accurate.
    • The narrator explains that the four beasts are from the gourmet world. Unlike the beasts which are occasionally chased out, these four are apparently strong enough to survive in the gourmet world. Therefore they are definitely above 100. I believe these beasts are one of those who were chased out, not sure though - just a guess.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Actually the four beasts are definitely above 100. They are from the gourmet world after all (panel 1). Anyway, here some facts:
    • The four were just introduced with a estimated capture level. Just compare them with past beasts.
    • Rin explains that she brought a device to precisely measure the capture level of beasts above 100. She further explains that she wants to measure the precise capture lvl of the four. Basically Rin confirms that the capture lvl of 100 isn't accurate.
    • The narrator explains that the four beasts are from the gourmet world. Unlike the beasts which are occasionally chased out, these four are apparently strong enough to survive in the gourmet world. Therefore they are definitely above 100. I believe these beasts are one of those who were chased out, not sure though - just a guess.
    I think we are arguing semantics here.
    100 is the highest possible capture level as of now.

These levels only apply to Human World since in Gourmet World everything is so ridiculously powerful that measuring capture lels make little practical sense (it is important for us reader story wise of course).

The four beast are by all means native to the Gourmet world in terms of power but they strive to feast on humans in the human world.
    So we get them as the only species who is on gourmet world level strength wise but have their living grounds in the human world (since your natural habit is where your preferred food is).

So they are by no means the strongest thing in the overall Toriko world but they are probably the strongest creatures in the Human world (obviously humans excluded)

Hence they are the end of the spectrum and everything in Human World is measured against them.
    Finally I believe that it is pointless to argue whether they are level 100, level 101 or level 110 since so far there is nothing stronger native to the human world (and arguably they aren't part of the human world).
    Rin's device might give us a numeric value but I fear the direction this is heading.
    Dragon Ball was killed by KI levels and I shudder if I imagine we might argue whether Zebra is stronger than Toriko because he beat a monster that had a higher capture level.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Bucho's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 195 Spoiler Thread

i don;t know if we'll see new powers in 195 ch. but it weill be amazing

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked this chapter and, finally, I heard a sentence I've been waiting for.
    On this page, 3rd picture, the narrator states that there are "smally frys" in the Gourmet World and that the "Four Beasts", with there capture level estimated about a 100, ain't "small frys", even in the Gourmet World (that's how I understand it). So we can assume that a lot of the Beasts in the Gourmet World don't have that high capture levels. I think we knew that all along, since Ichi explained to Toriko a long time ago, that in terms of power he could pass, or rather survive, in the Gourmet World. That was right after the Ice Hell arc and his power back then was not even close to his current.

Maybe a lot of the beasts that Guemon encounters are "small frys", that were chased out of the Gourmet World; which seems plausible, since it was stated that Gourmet World Beasts don't come to the Human World by choice, except the "Four Beast" of course. Even though it's hard to believe, since Sani seemed completly powerless against this guy.

Anyways, I do like the idea that the Gourmet World ain't one crazy and merciless place, stuffed only with overpowered Beasts.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Level wise I would say that since the Humans were not able to calculate the capture level of the beast, neither did they know about the reason for their attack on human world so they just decided to give the the capture level of 100 as the highest level in the human world. But since no one (normal) has entered the gourmet world they don't know or have not done study on the beast to determine their actual levels. So after Rin succeeds with her measuring device we will be able to get a better sense of which beast are truly worthy to get the capture level of "immeasurable" and who are just close to the level 100 but not so strong get the designation of of higher levels.

As for surviving in the gourmet world Toriko has the power but he is seriously lacking in term of knowledge and the ability to cope with the continuously changing environment. Now I know he did the training but it was in the human world and as to what the president said the environment will be more challenging than the beasts. So after all of this the question is will komatsu be able to cope with gourmet world weather, or will he have to carry a load of gear with him. There are more doubts about komatsu surviving the gourmet world because skill wise he is capable, but physical strength or ability to handle the change he is pretty weak. With this chapter there is no doubt that he has learned the secret or dark cooking arts to some degree, so I am hoping in next chapter we get some explanation is to what kind of things he learned.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro #1 View Post
    With this chapter there is no doubt that he has learned the secret or dark cooking arts to some degree, so I am hoping in next chapter we get some explanation is to what kind of things he learned.
    Yeah I think the author want to impress and surprise us with the growth of komatsu. That's why he "hide" komatsu's training in that 1 week. I think Chiru is a chef capable of entering gourmet world and he is the first chef-mentor for komatsu.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that in the upcoming chapter we might see how far other Heavingly Kings have progressed. We have just seen a glimpse of their power and techs (new Coco's Poison Armour and Sani's improved touches and intuition), but it would be great to see other new techs and also learn who is currently the strongest among them as before it was quite obvious that it was Zebra, but now I don't really think so. He might still be the strongest, but on the other hand someone might surprise us. And not only Toriko.)
    Also talking about powers... remember Sani's intuition. Toriko showed that he can also use it to some extent, but I hope he will develop it more as it will obviously help him and it will improve him way futher, especially in the mixture with Food Honour.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol. The author clearly stated that these four beasts were not chased out but was obsessed with human as food. They are not weaklings.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if the Heavenly Kings will eat the 4 beast they fight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^^that's what I want to know too! I wonder if Komatsu will put together a big feast for them. It's been awhile since Toriko has picked something for his full course. I think one of the 4 beast, if they eat them, will be Toriko's meat dish.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Since it's pretty much been confirmed that the beasts will have capture levels above 100, it's making me doubt that these are the monsters with which everything else in the Human World is compared against to determine capture levels. There could still be a monster native to the Human World with a confirmed level of 100 which we have yet to see, though after defeating GW beasts with levels above 100 I don't see much point in Toriko going down a level and facing the lvl 100 beast.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra Wolf View Post
    I think we are arguing semantics here. [..]
    Actually that was my point. My post was dedicated to nothing but numbers. The author is clearly building the monster higher than 100. I was just trying to point that out. Whether it is 101 or more, is of no importance to me. They are the strongest within HM.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra Wolf View Post
    [..] Dragon Ball was killed by KI levels [..]
    Im hearing this argument since I started reading manga. I honestly don't think it matters in any notable way. Surely ppl who use nothing but numbers (ki, capture lvl.. ) as basics for their argument are clearly neglecting individual character capabilities. But in most cases those ppl are biased anyway. Wouldn't rly matter whether the author gives us numbers or not. They would still favour their favourites without looking at the facts. Therefore I don't get the hate against semantics.

Personally I welcome numbers, I don't think they kill anything.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Roronoa Zoro View Post
    Wonder if the Heavenly Kings will eat the 4 beast they fight.
    Most likely. I'm seeing a big power-up after their last major ingredient in the HM. GW is close by.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3