Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: K-drama / BIG

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

K-drama / BIG

BIG

■TV Show: Big
    ■Revised romanization: Big
    ■Hangul: 빅
    ■Director: Ji Byung-Hyun
    ■Writer: Hong Jeong-Eun, Hong Mi-Ran
    ■Network: KBS2
    ■Episodes: 16
    ■Release Date: June 4, 2012 --
    ■Runtime: Mon & Tue 21:55
    ■Language: Korean
    ■Country: South Korea

Plot
    18-year-old Kang Gyung-Joon's (Shin Won-Ho) spirit suddenly finds itself in the body of 30-year-old Seo Yoon Jae (Gong Yoo) . Seo-Yon-Jae is a successful doctor and engaged to high school teacher Gil Da-Ran (Lee Min-Jung). Gil Da-Ran just so happens to be the teacher of 18-year old Kang Gyung-Joon. More problems ensue when 30-year-old Seo Yoon Jae falls in love with another woman (Bae Suzy).

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

My craving for Asian drama was big so I decided to look for a new drama and I stumbled across what I think will be the best K-drama of this year. Big…is amazing!! A great K-drama that has captivated my heart in an instant and that has turned me into a big fan of it. The acting, the story, the music, everything is awesome about this K-drama.

For all my fellow Asian drama fans I completely recommend this series, you won’t regret watching it!

8 episodes have aired so far, I still need to watch episode 8 but the seven previous episodes have been absolutely fantastic!

---------- Post added July 08, 2012 at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was June 28, 2012 at 11:04 PM ----------

Episode 10

This drama has it all!! It is sweet and funny, it has drama, suspense and romance, I love it!!!

DR and KG are so cute together!!! I know she is older than him and his teacher but I can’t help but like this pairing!!

From the little we have learned about YJ, it seems he was a nice guy but I like KG’s personality so much more!! He is awesome!! KG is pretty handsome, but the combination of KG’s personality in YJ’s body is just so…so…

So KG and YJ are brothers…I think YJ had a serious disease like leukemia and that is why he needed a brother in order to be saved…what I don’t get is if…YJ’s father had a child with KG’s mom (the woman he loved) then why YJ’s mother is in reality KG’s biological mother…Surrogacy pregnancy?

DR is falling in love with KG and KG definitely loves DR…I hope DR has the necessary courage to admit her feelings and confess to KG before it’s too late.

Loved this episode and I can’t wait to watch the next one!!

---------- Post added July 14, 2012 at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was July 08, 2012 at 05:24 PM ----------

Episode 12

- Loved the end of this episode!! GD has finally brave enough to acknowledge her feelings for KKJ and…that kiss <3~ She loved SJ but now there is no doubt that she has totally fallen for KKJ.

- I’m 99% sure that the illness that SJ had when he was a child was leukemia and…I wasn’t expecting for that illness to come back at this point in the story but good job, writers!! The writers of this K-drama are so good!

- I have mixed feelings about KKJ returning to his original body…as I have said before the combination of KKJ’s personality and SJ’s body is such a great one that I’ll sure miss it once said combination comes to an end.

- The relationship between SJ’s parents, KKJ’s mother, and KKJ and SJ is all clear now and it does help us understand a little better what happened with SJ and KKJ.

- The camping scenes were so cute, sweet and funny!

I can’t wait to watch the next episode!
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: K-drama / BIG

Thnx Des alot...What can i say , before watching I didnt know whether I should actually spend time on it, but it was really worth it.Gong Yoo is just doing an amazing job overall,He is so great that when I watch him i think hes really an 18 yrs old guy haha. Suzy is so awesome as well. portrayes her character really well. Episode 12 was really nice.God i didnt want to see her put the ring again, but oh well hopefully she takes it off for good in next episode. GDR X KKj

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    Thnx Des alot...
    You’re very welcome! And thank you for giving this series a try and for posting in this thread!!

Quote Quote:
    What can i say , before watching I didnt know whether I should actually spend time on it, but it was really worth it.
    It is totally worth it! Every episode is amazing!! There is not a single episode of “Big” that I haven’t liked, I have enjoyed all of the eps of this amazing K-drama.

Quote Quote:
    Gong Yoo is just doing an amazing job overall,
    I totally agree. I hope he wins the best actor award, because he is fantastic in this series. He is an incredible actor and I love his portrayal of KKJ.
    Quote Quote:
    He is so great that when I watch him i think hes really an 18 yrs old guy haha.
    Me too.

Quote Quote:
    Suzy is so awesome as well. portrayes her character really well.
    I agree on that as well.
    Quote Quote:
    Episode 12 was really nice.God i didnt want to see her put the ring again, but oh well hopefully she takes it off for good in next episode
    Episode 13 and 14 are ….so, so good!

Quote Quote:
    . GDR X KKj
    I second that ^

Episodes 13 and 14 made me , , , , and last but definitely not least .

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

In episodes 13 and 14, we learned the reason why KKJ and YJ switched souls, they are bothers. YJ is the older brother of KKJ, there is a 12-year gap between them but they were meant to be fraternal twins. It was really painful seeing KKJ learning so many things about his life, about his past, about his identity and origin, all of them at once. It was also painful seeing KKJ and GDR agreeing on “erasing” their love for each other (and their memories together). I know YJ is a good guy and MR really loves KKJ (in her crazy way) but I really want for GDR and KKJ to end up together.

I’m not a big fan of Ma Ri but the way she lied to KKJ and hurt him in ep 13…made her lose big points with me.

I can’t wait to watch episode 15!!

---------- Post added July 22, 2012 at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was July 21, 2012 at 05:28 PM ----------

Here’s the preview for episode 15. I can’t understand what they are saying but judging by the scenes it seems another great episodes awaits us. I can’t wait to watch it!

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you're watching the show des / lulu.
    I'm really enjoying the show as well and that last episode - cliffhanger. .
    I wonder if they switched already and if Yon Jae has any kind of memories but I doubt it since he was a sleep in the other body. My guess is that if a switch happens Kang Joon will either fake amnesia and or have it.

---------- Post added July 28, 2012 at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was July 23, 2012 at 06:16 AM ----------

Last episode / Ending

Spoiler show

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Charlie posted in this thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I'm really enjoying the show as well and that last episode - cliffhanger. .
    Yes, what a cliffhanger it was! All I can say is the moments get even better, more touching and amazing in the two final episodes.

Quote Quote:
    I wonder if they switched already and if Yon Jae has any kind of memories but I doubt it since he was a sleep in the other body.
    They switch bodies in the last episodes and both of them wake up with no memories of what happened after the accident.

Quote Quote:
    My guess is that if a switch happens Kang Joon will either fake amnesia and or have it.
    Your theory was right, since KKJ loses of all his memories after the accident.
    Last episode

I loved the last episode!! I know some important things weren’t explained and some of them were left up in the air, but regardless of that, I truly liked the last episode. I know not everyone in the fandom is happy with this last episode and some plainly hated it, but I have no major complaints.

DR and KKJ ended up together and a romantic and sweet miracle happened in the end.

It seems MR is warming up to GS and tbh I do like that pairing.

DR’s coworkers, the other two teachers (DR’s best friend and the teacher who liked DR), ended up together, they got married and were expecting their first baby.

It was a nice ending and a happy one, I liked it.

Gong Yoo and Lee Min-Jung did a wonderful job in this drama and I hope they get nominated for some awards and I really hope they win said awards. In fact, everyone in this drama was pretty good portraying their respective characters. The acting, the music, the story, everything was great about this K-drama and I’m really going to miss it.

Since Big has ended I’m going to begin looking for another K-drama to watch, hopefully one as good as Big.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Quote:
    Possibly the most horrible directing of an episode I've seen to date. Too little and bad directing is what I thought on the last episode.
    I haven’t seen the ending of a drama series cause so much division among a fandom in quite a while. The fandom is divided, more than half of it hated the last episode, the other half, was okay with it and among that half just a little percentage liked it. I admit I’m extremely biased because I like KKJ (in YJ's body)/GJ and because the romantic girl inside of me is helping me see the episode with pink-colored glasses, but I’m part of the small percentage that actually enjoyed the episode. I do agree the ending was rushed and it would have made wonders for the series to extend it and add to more episodes to it. In fact, among the fandom there was a rumor that there were going to be 18 episodes instead of 16. I know you are right and your point is a very valid one, but I had a big smile on my face when I finished watching the episode.

Quote Quote:
    I can understand thay the shows producers didn't want to have or show a physical relationship with the main guy playing KKJ because of how young he is or looks.
    Actually, I had no problem with them not showing the actual KKJ (not GJ). As I’ve said before, I thought KKJ’s personality in YJ’s body was a great combination, so yeah…I had no complains in that department . Since the watch was shown and DR called him KKJ, there was no confusion was to whom she ended up with.

Quote Quote:
    But still everything was rushed in the end
    Yes, it was rushed and it does make me wonder why they didn’t decide to extend the series.

Quote Quote:
    Over - all a really good drama - great acting. Downside is the final episode - ...... Good ending - bad directing.
    Yes, a better director could have used the time in this last episode in a better way like the director of Sakimichi no Apollon did.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 28, 2012 at 07:01 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    DR and KKJ ended up together and a romantic and sweet miracle happened in the end.
    Glad you enjoyed the final epsidoe as a whole - you might be the only one - well the only one that I know - Haha. I agree at least there was a good ending - if not for that I would have been disappointed. I am disappointed on how the last episode was directed. It was just horrible - not take away from the actors - they were superb. Still one of the best dramas this year.

Hmm - as for another drama with some snazs.... hopefully another one will pop up soon.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Glad you enjoyed the final epsidoe as a whole - you might be the only one - well the only one that I know - Haha.
    I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the last episode. And…yeah…well…there is just a couple of other fellow fans, but yeah, we are part of the very, very small minority. I guess I need to be very grateful to the romantic girl inside of me who took over me during these last two episodes and made me wear pink-colored glasses. And maybe I didn’t hate it the episode because I still have some hope that the rumor about the 18 episode is not a false one.

Quote Quote:
    I agree at least there was a good ending - if not for that I would have been disappointed.
    Thankfully, it was a good ending. With the ep as it was, Big got a lot of heat from the fans; I cannot image how things would have been with a bad ep.

Quote Quote:
    I am disappointed on how the last episode was directed. It was just horrible - not take away from the actors - they were superb.
    Maybe the writers wanted to extend the series but they weren’t able to and that is why the director did what he could and things didn’t end up as nicely as they could have been?

Quote Quote:
    Still one of the best dramas this year.
    I agree.

Quote Quote:
    Hmm - as for another drama with some snazs.... hopefully another one will pop up soon.
    I have some dramas that have caught my eye, but I haven’t decided yet. I don’t know if I should watch one that is currently airing or if I should watch a new one.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post

I have some dramas that have caught my eye, but I haven’t decided yet. I don’t know if I should watch one that is currently airing or if I should watch a new one.
    Maybe you can drop some names.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

These are the dramas that have caught my eye:

To the beautiful You, The third hospital, Faith, Bridal Mask, and Gentleman’s Dignity.

Update: Out of the series above, the one I'm going to watch is Faith.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 29, 2012 at 02:17 PM.

New Reply