Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

9 20.45%
  • Good!

19 43.18%
  • Regular

12 27.27%
  • Boring...

4 9.09%
  • Bad!

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 290 Discussion/ 291 Predicitons

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 290 Spoiler Thread

OK, Kagura seems completely insane and very suspect. She has some serious issues to work out. It seems like the conflict between Mermaid Heel and Fairy tail is on its way, it was only a matter of time. Yukino seems to have unwittingly offered up herself on a platter, rather unfortunate for her. I don't get the council members' decision to simply allow Jellal to walk away, considering they clearly know his identity. It seems as though the tension around the games is only increasing. I have no clue as to what's going to happen, can't wait to see.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think next arc is probably going to be a rescue arc for Lucy.

When I first saw Sting predicting he'd fight Natsu I was a little surprised he was going before the 5th day, but then I realized tag battles were day 4. I want to say he'll end up with Rogue, but Minerva is also a possibility since she hasn't fought either. If Mashima can't find an excuse to pair Natsu with Gajeel then I don't think a Gajeel/Rogue battle will happen at all (or maybe it will, but he'll troll us and do it at the expense of Sting/Natsu)

No Jellal/Erza/Milliana/Kagura either, since Erza's the only one not to fight yet. Not to mention that's mixing teams again. All the really epic fights are ruined by the ideal FT partners being on different teams. Hopefully we'll at least see who the bunny is. I'm almost hoping it's the real Mystogan.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else thinks levi is going to die this arc? It is too weird to have her as a narrator and the context in which she is always remembering stuff is kinda weird.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

That. Will drive Gajeel on a roaring rampage of epic proportions that Natsu can barely stop.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so the next contest is a Naval Battle unless Mashima is going to skip the contest and go straight to a tag battle.

Anyways Kagura is a ticking timebomb. She will probably delay Erza and Jellal when the event Levy talks about comes up involving Lucy. Really looking forward to how this all plays out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

http://i998.mangareader.net/fairy-ta...il-3433247.jpg
    3td row 6th column

I keep thinking whats the point of showing pumpkin dude without a mask on his head...
    Anyone has any ideas?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm i just want to know who Pumpkin-man is. Him being shown on the page with all the big players seems to have been a bit of foreshadowing.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post
    http://i998.mangareader.net/fairy-ta...il-3433247.jpg
    3td row 6th column

I keep thinking whats the point of showing pumpkin dude without a mask on his head...
    Anyone has any ideas?
    Well, before, as far as we knew, that was his actual head. Now we know it isn't. Plus he seemed unhappy that Fairy Tail did so well. So it's probably supposed to indicate that he's not who he appears to be, and has some ill will towards Fairy Tail.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    It was a good chapter after all, mystogan is bye bye and now he's in danger due to kagura and milliana knowing about him and the council not being fooled which gets it somewhat exciting.
    I think Jellal's main focus besides searching for Zeref is atoning for his past actions, and one way to go about that is to not cause more trouble. Otherwise I highly doubt that Kagura or the Magic Council or for that fact anyone participating in the Magic Games could do a single thing to him if a real battle broke out. Him and Jura being paired up in a battle seems to have been done mainly to give us a glimpse into where Jella is ranked in terms of power after seven years. The only thing the Magic Council can do is keep an eye on him, either that or call in an army and attempt to arrest him.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member longguilol1's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I laughed when Gray somehow lost all of clothing when barrel surfing, also, loved the small NaLi moment.

I wonder if Mashima decides to bring in the team that finished 9th in the preliminary competition to even the number of teams for the 4th day.

And poor Jellal, seems like nothing ever goes right for him XD
    Vote for your favorite Fairy Tail character's Ratings HERE

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Hmm i just want to know who Pumpkin-man is. Him being shown on the page with all the big players seems to have been a bit of foreshadowing.
    Totally what i was thinking too, "Mystogun" felt the presence of zerif on the battlefield and assumed it was the girl wendy fought.. but pumpkin man was also on the battlefield too. And when the battle was over, the pumpkin left and mystogun followed him. Coincidence? Not to mention he seems way to optomistic, thats always a sign of a secret villain lol

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member El Maco's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Some minor observations:

From the "Day 3 Standings", the earlier points from the battles with members of RT are not discarded and Mashima has at least kept that simple.

From Ch289 http://mangateers.com/manga/fairy-tail/289/17/, the "Zeref" that Gerard was following was a guy of normal size. Maybe pumpkin guy has transformation magic, maybe they're both entirely new persons who are also keeping an eye on things.

Mermaid's Heel now thinks FT is protecting Gerard. Nice setup for a big conflict!

It there's a naval battle of sorts, the dragon slayers will be useless.

Wasn't Kana supposed to comfort Hibiki and baby him?
    Juvia is a basket case.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner A Lurker's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Fairy Tail 290 Spoiler Thread

It has already been said that Mato was wearing a costume.

Gray was the one who brought the topic in the first day: http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v32/c269/9.html

And Eve and Beth praised Mato for his work on the costume:
    http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v32/c269/9.html

I wouldn't give much importance to that panel where we see his legs and pumpkin mask. The whole later part of the chapter is just about showing how various characters are doing at the end of the day. After a day work day, Mato comes home and takes off his uniform. I don't think there is any deeper meaning to this.

== Crazy theory alert ==

Mystogan (the true one, the prince Jellal of Edolas) fell in love for each other. But he, remembering that he didn't belong to this world, concluded that is was not right to countinue that relationship and left her without a word. Later, Kagura got news about Jellal's crimes and prision break. Due to this misunderstanding and her broken heart, she swore not to unsheathe her sword until she gets her revenge upon him.

This would explain her reaction, why Mashima made us know her heart was beating faster and why she didn't just go into Rage mode like Miliana.
    Last edited by A Lurker; July 06, 2012 at 03:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    A ton of posters are going to be eating some crow, a bunch of people will be proven wrong.
    The prophecy was true.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can live with this week's chapter. I liked it, didn't love it though. So, it looks like Natsu vs. Sting is confirmed (Mashima spoiled some fights in the back of volume 32 and he wrote this pair down) but there's a tag match for the next day instead of a 1v1.

How will tag match teams work? Will they be two people from each team or one person from two different teams? It would be pretty cool to see Natsu/Gajeel vs. Sting/Rogue.

Also, for those of you who want to review the GMG thus far, the guys at wikia did a really beautiful job here. http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Magic_Games/X791
    Last edited by SlayerKisame; July 06, 2012 at 03:56 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing the pumpkin guy like that got me to think of the vacation day he took.... Why would the mascot have a vacation day if the event takes place once a year? It makes no sense. Considering all of this IMO it is very likely he is a big shot who had something important to do. Perhaps his mere presence there is doing something zeref related.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast