Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HSDK 480 Discussion / 481 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Feelgood's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 480 Discussion / 481 Predictions

What I find interesting is that Kenichi got up from Apachai's kick, that he wasn't even anticipating, almost damage free. Yet gets knocked out by a few barrage of attacks from Miu. So Miu actually hit harder than Apachai. Very interesting!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone just hasn't considered his level of growth yet. They were probably holding back for his old level. Miu, on the other hand, isn't very good at holdingg back. Miu has been thrown to the head of th pack again. My guess is berserker will fight takeda instead of ken in th up coming arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    He will surpass Miu eventually as he will at some point become not only Master, but the one who will enherit the will of all his Masters and will lead the new generation of Ryozanpaku.
    And I do hope Kenichi will learn several usefull and powerful tchs in this Arc as he will have to learn them in order to not only fight Kensei's disciples, but also to defeat them and as we know Kenichi can't beat girls, hence he must become even stronger in all of his arts in order to defeat Rimi, while not beating her up.
    Ha! yeah he'll become a master and surpass all his teachers, but not in this manga. Do you know how long that would take!? There would have to be a major time skip for that scenario to happen.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting set up chapter, it seems we have atlanti up next. I wonder who will fight who though, kenichi fighting all three wouldn't make much sense. I would argue it is about time takeda takes on a yomi level opponent and atlanti could easily be that. I think he would be a good match for berserker although perhaps berserker's raw talent paired with kensei's training will make him kenichi's enemy. On the other hand plotwise it makes sense kenichi fights the unknown enemy. I guess the most likely scenarios are kenichi against the unknown atlanti, takeda against berserker and either kisara or freya against rimi (who seems to be about as fast as miu).

Now, the more interesting part is that it seems miu's power has so far been somehow held back by the elder which is remarkable considering kenichi is by all intents and purposes already worthless fodder in terms of pure skill next to her. I wonder if she could somehow be on the verge of crossing to the master class department. If her power is actually being held back then her true power could be at any level basically which would make sense considering the sheer amount of raw talent she has is probably greater than either kano's or berserker's. I guess the issue here is whether she is too young to just go straight to the mastery level even if it is just the low one. P

Good to see kenichi is starting to do better in his training although actually holding his own can only be attributed to his masters holding back. If kenichi is able to handle his masters during his training like this then the result will simply be his masters happily taking his training up a notch.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember what the Elder said sooner or later she has to choose her path? Just like how Kenichi chose Katsujinken over Satsujinken in the beginning of the manga. While she has been returned to her normal state the darkness in her heart is still there. If wasn't for the Elders guidance I'm sure Miu would of walked the path of the killing fist a long time ago.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    either kisara or freya against rimi
    I was thinking of an Miu vs Rimi rematch...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If I recalled what kenichi chose was sei over dou style and the whole thing revolved more on going past azura. Not sure if the darkness in her is the problem though, it didn't seem to be among the things the elder tried to teach her when he fought them on the DOD tournament.

What would be interesting about that particular rematch? Rimi is someone who was taught speed very fast but without learning other stuff. In turn, miu already has even superior speed and fights way above anyone her age. Basically, rimi does not have a chance against anyone who can match her speed. Kisara or freya dealing with her one quality in which she would be overwhelmingly superior would be more interesting.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless Rimi has somehow got a massive boost in stats similar to Miu, I doubt she'd even be competition for Miu anymore. Hell, I don't think any Yomi can match her anymore.

The only person in the expert class that I think could still handily beat her is Tanaka.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck Ummm Rimi is faster than Miu didn't she prove that during their last encounter sure Miu might be able to keep up with her using that sixth sense technique, but that doesn't make her faster, and I'm sure Rimi has gotten a lot stronger since the last time we've seen her in action.

No he does chose Katsujinken over Satsujinken in this chapter http://www.mangahere.com/manga/histo...14/c122/3.html in a sense depends on how you interpret it :P

I don't think age would be the problem though some of the fighters at Ryonzanpaku became masters at relatively young ages and they turned out alright...
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; July 02, 2012 at 01:06 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner aemal23's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Jorge D. Dragon;2938183]He will surpass Miu eventually as he will at some point become not only Master, but the one who will enherit the will of all his Masters and will lead the new generation of Ryozanpaku.

Why would kenichi inherit ryozanpaku; when miu should , since her grandfather owns it.... P:S ... I don't think kenichi will srupass miu anytime soon when he did not even catch up to her yet... she will always be 3 steps ahead of him ........ and from the last arc kenichi prograssed for sure but miu prograssed even farther than him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn author for making Kenichi look like a chump vs Miu:P Hell, it might be for the best plot-wise since she isn't his enemy after all.

I think that if Rimi didn't make any progress in offense department she wouldn't be any threat for Kenichi. Even with all that speed, considering Kenichi's endurance he would be able to take punishment from her day and night without receiving significant damage. She would have exhausted herself before hurting Kenichi. As Blackreaper said, I also believe there will be a rematch between her and Miu.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Miu is just too strong! With the revelation that her training has been purposely slowed, its like a poster said, no disciple should be able to fight her; possible excuse to unleash Kajima to personally deliver a message from the One Shadow. If this sudden unlocking of her power could put her on the path to expert she may have some interesting storylines coming up. But Miu isn't really fun alone so I don't see that happening.

FuS

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    @kkck Ummm Rimi is faster than Miu didn't she prove that during their last encounter sure Miu might be able to keep up with her using that sixth sense technique, but that doesn't make her faster, and I'm sure Rimi has gotten a lot stronger since the last time we've seen her in action.

No he does chose Katsujinken over Satsujinken in this chapter http://www.mangahere.com/manga/histo...14/c122/3.html in a sense depends on how you interpret it :P

I don't think age would be the problem though some of the fighters at Ryonzanpaku became masters at relatively young ages and they turned out alright...
    One way or another miu already showed she could keep up with her and speed alone was for whatever reason not enough.

Saying he does not need kill techniques does not necessarily have such deep implications. Its not like kenichi's masters don't have dangerous techniques. Ma can rip appart muscles with a jab, sakaki can blow inner organs and has a sure kill technique which we never saw, shigure uses bladed weapons, apachai has trouble not killing stuff to some degree and mua thai in general has no other purpose other than actually killing people. What was specifically said was the kenichi subconsciously chose sei over dou. And of course, choosing sei over dou has absolutely no meaning in the long run because choosing dou does not mean you turn into a relentless asshole murderer or that being a sei user makes you objectively good (sakaki and akira are the best examples).

Well, the youngest master we have seen so far (on ryozampaku flashbacks) was apachai at roughly 18 or something. Of course, we have no idea of what level of master he might have been there either. In this case we are talking about miu achieving mastery at age 15.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Miu is gentically the best fighter ever created as she mixes the Furinji with the Kuremisago (even the Kuremisago were afraid of that mix).

Berserker was the second best fighter in Ragnarok. He was a genius street brawler who never trained and on top of that he was masterless (does this word exist?). Tanimoto defeated him with a combo of talent and hard work. Now that Berserker has a master and training method he should be a monster.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kisara or Freya would be no competition for Rimi. Miu would be the better match

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, while rimi would be a tough opponent solely due to her speed I don't think they would be helpless. Kisara and freya overall have actual battle experience and actually good at combat. Rimi lacks experience and the only reason she actually is able to fight is because she is fast. Miu already showed rimi was an easy opponent for her for a number of reasons. Of course, rimi could grow stronger but that does not change that miu is the single strongest person of her generation by a lot and she is constantly growing stronger too. Now, I guess the author could potentially pull an increase in speed large enough for rimi to actually be something vaguely resembling a match however that would actually entail that rimi reached bortherline master class speed considering that even pengulu sankan could not outright outspeed her. I think that freya and kisara, being the more balanced fighters, would be at least a more interesting match for rimi who only has a lone redeeming extreme feature.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast