Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HSDK 480 Discussion / 481 Predictions

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 480 Discussion / 481 Predictions

Poor kenichi will never defeat miu in a sparring match

im interested about thus hidden potential with in her that the elder speaks of

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in seeing how Kenichi will surpass her, considering her talent and experience.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we know that he's surpassed her in terms of insight, and it's likely that he's beyond her level in endurance as well.

Miu will probably always be superior in terms of battle speed though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenichi has gone from 0 to Expert class in an about a year and a half, and I think we forget that sometimes. I mean Miu is the combination 2 great bloodlines, and been living in the world of Martial Arts her whole life (17 years). She should be able to that to Kenichi without batting an eye. Now She has gone through Silat training a power boost is expected. What is really impressive is Kenichi he growing at the impressive rate seeing as he can hold his own against fighter of Expert and Lower Master classes.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually surprised why most of the people tend to forget Kenichi's enormous growth not even from 0, but from something like -1 or even -2 to one of the strongest not only among disciples, but also among current Experts. And that took him around a year, so I don't understand why people try to forget that and insist that he will never surpass Miu, when he actually has quite a talent as without a talent you can't achieve what he had achieved. Also he practically wasn't taught any special moves with the exeption of Seikuken and Korui Nuki.
    After learning a special move from Elder he had a drastical increase, thus I do believe that just by learning all of the Elder's special moves he can achieve at least average Master Class in several years with the same rate of increasing his physical trining as he is already physically stronger than an average grown-up man.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how high kenichi would actually rank among experts. There have been two scenarios of him fighting experts, tanaka and pengulu. Tanaka was supposed to be close to master level and he basically almost killed kenichi. Miu and kenichi together had a lot of trouble against pengulu which is quite something considering that 6 disciples from DofD beat a master class. I mean, miu at that time was supposed to be a match for sho who easily handled half of the shinpaku alliance and miu from now is obviously a decent bit stronger than that at least along with kenichi also being stronger. Then we have to consider that the manga did state that the expert class is the longest stretch when one is getting stronger. Even if kenichi has somehow already broken out of the disciple class and is a fullblown expert, odds are he is still at the lowest levels of the expert class. Considering what we have seen with pengulu and tanaka, odds are that even miu herself (who has repeatedly proven conclusively and beyond reasonable doubt that she is strong enough to upright murder kenichi without breaking a sweat or kenichi being able to do a damn thing about it) is not that high up in the expert class. Not to mention that the last chapter proved the elder slowed miu's growth to whatever extent he could and has likely been doing that for a while.

On another note, this chapter at the very least heavily implies the elder has indeed been training miu. No more discussions on whether she was being trained or not by him lol.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Also, as far as we know kenichi has just about as many special moves as any other fighter. If anything, kenichi is one of the single most knowledgeable technique users his age considering he has 4 masters. Just to point out how outright stupid the situation with kenichi's techniques is, he has several variations of the strongest combo and each of them is made up of 4 techniques.
    http://kenichi.wikia.com/wiki/Kenich...Technique.27s:

No single disciple has ever come close to showing that many techniques and not one of kenichi's enemies has ever shown something of the nature of ryusui seikuken or kuroi nuki.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

As for kenichi catching up to miu.... It won't happen in this manga. He has had insane growth but who is to say miu hasn't had a proportionally similar growth? Miu can easily handle weapon users without any form of defense while kenichi would die against the same enemies without his tekkou. During his fight against silat miu kenichi was almost killed several times and there was nothing he could do about it (so the author pulled a few good ones to save his life). In the last chapter, kenichi had every intention of defeating miu while taking advantage of her bad condition against his good condition and he was still fodder. More so, the last page of the last chapter is crucial here. The elder effectively held back miu and now thanks to junazad it seems she is going to grow stronger FASTER than before. Kenichi's position relative to miu's strength is actually going to worsen from now on.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck I agree that Kenichi is weaker than Miu. However with Kenichi's WILL he must become stronger to eeventually outshine/outdevelop Miu. Miu is going to show growth but Kenichi will accelerate at the same rate. I say around the next 450 chapters he should be a master class. However what does that mean about his masters. I truly believe that Miu's training has solely fallen on the Elders shoulders. Kenichi on the other hand has multiple masters and all of these different styles. He is going to,start molding his own moves based upon the multiple secret moves from those masters. Throw in the Elders one off training here and there and we have someone,Kenichi, growing in similar rate as Miu.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@nanoclarkology. I am not disagreeing with the FACT that Miu is stronger than Kenichi at all. And at this point she should be. I have had this strange feeling for a long time that Elder was going to train both of them together in his Hayato Martial Arts. They are great training partners Kenichi needs somebody stronger than him to pull out his potential and Miu needs somebody that wont give up easily. I just believe people are downplaying his growth because of one chapter. Miu has been a full participant in a world that Kenichi really just has gotten a grasp on is real, since she was born. If I told you that there were 2 fighters one that has been fighting their whole life and the other one that been doing a year and half. And the person that has been doing it a year and half is not that far off the person that has been it their whole life. Which one would you be more impressed by?

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3