Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 103 Discussion/104 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 103 Discussion/104 Predictions

So, Koon is recruiting for his team. Then it might really be true that Koon actually divided the original team in two (which was said to be written so by SIU in his blog just to be erased shortly after). The idea is by having two different teams, they got greater mobility and they're much safer in the tests like only a team of x people will pass. Also as the first team climbing the tower faster and creating much noise, Koon will be able to do whatever he wants pretty much unnoticed (Remember the gossip network in the tower when they talk about the new slayer candidate.).

After seeing all this hate/dislike towards Rachel, I've remembered that SIU once mentioned in his Afterword that his least favorite character was Koon (and not the Rachel). We know that SIU is the author and also an avid reader of TOG. So, it sounds very interesting when he dislikes Koon more than Rachel after everything Rachel has done. Viole is gonna meet Rachel sooner or later, when that happens; we'll either see Rachel did what she did for the sake of Baam or she'll be easily forgiven like Lurker. After all, Baam hasn't made up his mind about what to do when he sees Rachel.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

think during the mid or last part of the mid part of this new arc we will get to see some chara of Baams group. By the finishing chaps the two groups will meet each other.
    The greatest anticipation of TOG 2 is baam and Koons group meeting. i am fairly sure that it wont happen too early or wont happen in this part at all

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    While your prediction is nice and all, you really want to suffer through 20-30 bad chapters like that? I wouldn't have a problem with Rachel getting screen time if she actually had personality or something. SIU wrote her so poorly; I don't hate her for wanting to kill Baam, as she felt wronged in her mind, but if SIU actually gave her something, it would be acceptable. We haven't seen any form of ability out of Rachel, and all we know is that she wants to see the sky/stars at the top of the tower. Almost every other character, even some of the insignificant spear bearers or wave controllers on the training floor, had more personality and development than Rachel has had. Now, obviously, some of the 20th Floor opposition characters really didn't get any development, but I think that the overarching problem is SIU's writing style. SIU is often poor at character development or linking stories together. Why couldn't we see Leroro or someone? When I was reading the first season of ToG, I often thought it was overly slow and poorly written; there are definitely positives here and there, but I'm not expecting any amazing story on the 25th Floor or anything.

Now, onto your prediction. As I mentioned above, Rachel doesn't appear to have any abilities of her own, and as she hasn't been training/fighting for all of these floors, she hasn't been leveling up like everyone else has been, which could leave her as one of the very weakest, if not the weakest, people who have passed the 20th Floor. There's no way that she could make it through the tower on her own at those levels, unless SIU gives her some overpowering ability out of the blue, or she has the ability to steal others' abilities/powers. The other members of the season one cast went ahead on their own to survey the path or whatever, so they wouldn't be around to support Rachel. I just don't see Baam meeting up with Koon yet, and especially not in a manner where Rachel escapes on her own.

Well there are still some unpredictable people like her bodyguard Akryung around her (that is a huge power up !!!), or if Rachel meets and teams up with other members of the season one cast, who have gone ahead, and than climb with them.

Otherwise, I know that I exaggerated a little...

I just want to see Rachel and Akryung, both as irregulars(!!!), have a showdown against 1 irregular(Baam) along with a bunch of regulars (hopefully all from part 1 included)...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; July 16, 2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner hassgott1's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the next chapters we will only see koon and their team not Viole...
    i hope it wont get too boring.

or how could viole climb so fast?
    well maybe the same way the highspeed regular did he is in F.U.G after all .

but im sure that when Rachel meet with Baam she will get rly sad/scared seeing how Baam changed cuz of her and i dont think that he still wants to meet with her that badly.
    He will just destroy the tower when he reach the top or something like that cuz its the towers fault after all that Rachel became like that.

yea and thats why he joined F.U.G!!
    im so pro...
    Last edited by hassgott1; July 16, 2012 at 08:16 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hassgott1 View Post
    well maybe the same way the highspeed regular did he is in F.U.G after all .
    FUG can't risk having the identities of their admins being exposed, so Viole definitely had to take all the tests properly without cheating. Well, he's a monster, there's no need for him to cheat.

He will just destroy the tower
    I can't imagine how that'd be possible (ok, let's fight all the guardians and Zahard's forces, since irregular always rulez ).
    Last edited by 0Xellos; July 16, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Well, I agree, even if season 2's cast is starting to grow on me. Still, I'll say that I respect SIU's desire to, for whatever reason, make this the bunch we're following and have things turn out this way.
    I don't mean to sound like I'm ripping on SIU's writing because that's not my intention. To me it's like this.....

SIU is like one of my own personal favorite Chef's who decided to prepare a meal that consisted of foods that I do not like, lets say "Squid and Brussel sprouts" for the sake of the analogy. I have no doubt it will be done as well as it can be but half way through I'm still likely to look for a passing dog which I can inconspicuously feed stuff off my plate to just to make it disappear.

Much like in my analogy I'm sure there are parts of this that are going to be enjoyable for me(horderves if you will). Arkraptor and Miseng's dynamic for example, I love that. And Yeon just being Yeon is pretty good. Also I'm sure Koon isn't the only person from the old crew hanging around. Some of the lower tier people could show up too (I haven't given up hope that Rak will appear); so that could be good.

Ultimately though, there is just no getting away from the fact that the main people, for probably the next 3-6 months or so, seem to be Koon, Rachel, Viole, and possibly Wangan; and to me that's "Squid and Brussel sprouts".

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Yes, I was a bit surpised that the two teams are not very far apart ("only" 5 Floors), which might in a best case scenario mean that Baam will catch up to Koon & Rachel in Part 2. That's better than the worst case scenario I've envisioned (Baam not catching up with the old brigade until Floor 134) and would indeed probably mean an end of the dark phase, as well as us finailly getting to see more of Part 1's characters (since they've likely moved on to higher floors than the one K&R is on).
    Yeah, In the greater scheme of things giving up 20-30 chapter to get this "dark phase" out of the way so that things can move on to the good stuff with the various Zahard Princesses is not such a terrible price. And, for what it's worth, I'm sure the emotional payoff at the end when Baam reaches Rachel and decides what he wants to do is going to be huge(that sort of thing usually is).

I honestly expected we'd be stuck with this cold version of Baam for about 70 chapters. It now looks like it's only going to be 35-50, with him probably softening greatly toward the end of it. Things could definitely have been a lot worse, even if it still drags down the equivalent of 1/2 of part 1(which was only 80ish chapters total)
    Last edited by Jammin; July 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the next chapters we will only see koon and their team
    well maybe the same way the highspeed regular did he is in F.U.G after all
    Well, since irregulars are stronger than others, they usually climb the Tower rather fast, for example... From the wiki about Urek Mazino:

"It took Urek 50 years to pass every test and climb all the way up to the top of the Tower. This is one tenth of the average time it takes to climb The Tower. He is recorded as the fastest person to climb the Inner Tower through an orthodox method, and it would probably be accurate to say he scaled the tower faster than Zahard himself. "

So, even if Baam might not climb the Tower as fast as Urek, he should be able to climb it faster than most, unless FUG has put restictions on how fast he may climb or his new group (assuming he's now travelling together with them) forces him to slow down his pace.

Which probably means that if he'll catch up to any of the old brigade - which seems likely, since he's climbing fast than most, as I said - it'll be Koon & co he'll catch up to first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I don't mean to sound like I'm ripping on SIU's writing because that's not my intention. To me it's like this.....

SIU is like one of my own personal favorite Chef's who decided to prepare a meal that consisted of foods that I do not like, lets say "Squid and Brussel" sprouts for the sake of the analogy. I have no doubt it will be done as well as it can be but half way through I'm still likely to look for a passing dog which I can inconspicuously feed stuff off my plate to just to make it disappear.
    Haha, OK, that's an analogy I can quite understand ^^;;;

Much like in my analogy I'm sure there are parts of this that are going to be enjoyable for me(horderves if you will). Arkraptor and Miseng's dynamic for example, I love that. And Yeon just being Yeon is pretty good. Also I'm sure Koon isn't the only person from the old crew hanging around. Some of the lower tier people could show up too (I haven't given up hope that Rak will appear); so that could be good.
    *nod, nod*

Ultimately though, there is just no getting away from the fact that the main people, for probably the next 3-6 months or so, seem like they will be Koon, Rachel, Viole, and possibly Wangan; and to me that's "Squid and Brussel sprouts".
    Ouch. Okay, point taken, though the author might still surprise us there.

Yeah, In the greater scheme of things giving up 20-30 chapter to get this "dark phase" out of the way so that things can move on to the good stuff with the various Zahard Princesses is not such a such terrible price. And, for what it's worth, I'm sure the emotional payoff at the end when Baam reaches Rachel and decides what he wants to do is going to be huge(that sort of thing usually is).

I honestly expected we'd be stuck with this cold version of Baam for about 70 chapters. It now looks like it's only going to be 35-50, with him probably softening greatly toward the end of it. Things could definitely have been a lot worse, even if it still drags down the equivalent of 1/2 of part 1(which was only 80ish chapters total)
    Let's hope so. Ah well, as long as it happens, it's all good!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Looks like Koon is still his old self, he easily tricked that dude
    and is that Rachel at the end? O_o

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Fast translation by LaFa:
    Oh looks interesting

Koonnnn I missed him , i can't wait to see everyone

And that at the end sure seems like Rachel . Why am i so pissed right now ?

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Northerncolors has translated the chap:

http://www.mediafire.com/?le6ev4zge9gfnxu

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I really want to focus on the positive but... Koon has never really been a personal favorite of mine; and NOBODY likes Rachel. Combine this with the Baam stuff and I'm having a really hard time looking on the bright side.

Old Baam, Anak, and Androssi made me feel like.....

New Baam(Viole), Koon, and Rachel makes me feel like.....

It's just so hard to get excited about whatever SUI has got in the works with these characters; because, quite simply, these are not the people I want to read a story about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, I like Rachel...

In any case, I'm not as disappointed as much of you are.
    It seems like many of you are seeing this for way to close.

Sure, this chapter didn't reveal much, and nothing much happened, but so were many chapters before.
    And when you read the manwha as a whole, you see that those little chapter have their place.

It only seemed worst because we had to wait 2 weeks for that chapter...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Well, I like Rachel...

In any case, I'm not as disappointed as much of you are.
    It seems like many of you are seeing this for way to close.

Sure, this chapter didn't reveal much, and nothing much happened, but so were many chapters before.
    And when you read the manwha as a whole, you see that those little chapter have their place.

It only seemed worst because we had to wait 2 weeks for that chapter...
    I'm not disappointed either I liked the chapter, even though we didn't see that much - like you said it just fits in the end. Most of SIU's arcs start rather slow and then turn out to be absolutely entertaining. I have absolute faith that most people will like it in the end.

I understand Jammin though, if you just not like the characters which appear in the chapter it cannot be helped. Of course you will always enjoy chapters which include your favorite characters the most.
    Personally I like Koon a lot so the chapter was fine to me. Rachel is an interesting character too so I'm looking forward to their encounter next time (but 1 or 2 additional characters from part one would be nice )

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I only don't like that this chapter left me in confusion.

Kun definitely didn't have the habit of forcing people into helping him before; from what the other guy in the house said, it seems this kind of obtaining a new team member has become common. Is it because it's very hard to convince people now? Or is it that Baam's apparent death changed him as well? Or is he simply obeying Rachel?

Why do they actually need to get new members, anyway? The team was pretty large before, and they shouldn't have serious trouble at the tests. But then, we only have Kun and Rachel shown, and there's another unknown character.
    Now this'd be interesting: pt1 characters found out Rachel killed Baam (no way to know that it failed), so they all left. But Kun feels obliged to fulfill what Baam couldn't - get Rachel to the top. So now, he needs to get a new team. Seems unlikely, but still possible.
    And many other theories, like they're just all away

Anyway, I'm curious to see how they've all changed and how strong they've become.
    Erfworld

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post

Kun definitely didn't have the habit of forcing people into helping him before; from what the other guy in the house said, it seems this kind of obtaining a new team member has become common. Is it because it's very hard to convince people now? Or is it that Baam's apparent death changed him as well? Or is he simply obeying Rachel?

Why do they actually need to get new members, anyway? The team was pretty large before, and they shouldn't have serious trouble at the tests. But then, we only have Kun and Rachel shown, and there's another unknown character.
    Now this'd be interesting: pt1 characters found out Rachel killed Baam (no way to know that it failed), so they all left. But Kun feels obliged to fulfill what Baam couldn't - get Rachel to the top. So now, he needs to get a new team. Seems unlikely, but still possible.
    And many other theories, like they're just all away

Anyway, I'm curious to see how they've all changed and how strong they've become.
    what do you mean koon wasn't like that let me refresh your memory when Baam first meet him he was already getting regulars in his bag and he was going to use Baam at first

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

But Baam changed him. Before, Kun was trying to use everyone around him, but eventually decided to help Baam when he was most likely to not pass. He changed from using others to helping them (or at least helping those he considered his friends). Now, he's back to his old self, and I doubt Baam's death itself would cause this much of a change.
    Erfworld

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well the reason is what already mentioned - Koon wants to fulfill Baam's wish whatever it takes. He will go back to his old self for this wish, he would probably sacrifice anyone else too.

Seems like you missed SIU's post regarding the part 1 characters (he deleted it pretty fast, probably because he thought it's too spoilerish). In SIU's post Koon explains what he's planning. The strong members (Zahard Princess etc.) will go ahead and attract attention while the the not so strong members + him and Rachel will stay behind a few floors and travel in their shadows. That's why it makes sense for him to recruit new members, probably guys/girls he's willing to sacrifice anytime too.

Yup, that's what I'm most looking forward to

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast