Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: (BUFFED) Naruto vs. Sasuke

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: (BUFFED) Naruto vs. Sasuke

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I'm not questioning his ability to use multiple paths simultaneously, I'm questioning his ability to specifically use Preta's ability simultaneously with his other abilities. During the fight you refer to, Nagato didn't initiate any of his other path abilities while Preta's chakra absorption was active. He activated chakra absorption after he had already grasped Naruto's soul, Human Path's ability had already allowed him to pull on Naruto's soul. His other path techniques were used prior to or after his chakra absorption seal technique.
    The point is that Human Path's ability was active at the time he used Hungry Path's ability, otherwise Nagato wouldn't have been capable of maintaining is hold on Naruto's soul.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar View Post
    Honestly i would have given the win to Sasuke if it wasn't for one thing: The Frog Song.

Because we now know that sound genjutsu works on a Sharingan user Naruto has a sure fire way to take Sasuke down. All he has to do is summon them and then stall until they prepare it. And because Naruto basically unlimited chakra, thousands of thousands of clones running around, boss summons, 8 buji, and FTG to help move around the battlefield i think he has more than enough resources to stall until that jutsu is ready and once it is; game over.

The fact that Sasuke has no Intel on them only makes it worse.
    The Frog Song is an obvious genjutsu that wouldn't required foreknowledge to recognize. And we've seen that a sound genjutsu doesn't prevent the user from moving or using their doujutsu abilities. Besides, between the numerous Rinnegan summons and the Gedo Mazo, Naruto's clones and summoning aren't gonna be a real threat.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Where was that said? I know it applies for Deva, but not for Nagato since we saw him use Bansho Tenin two times in a row. EVen if there is a cool down period for Shinra Tensei, Sasuke can just go intangible. We saw with Tobi that it could be almost instantaneous as long as he could react in time. With Sharingan, Sasuke will be able to see Naruto rushing and go intangible and get out of the way, if not warp himself. I could see Naruto using bijuu chakra to avoid being pushed back though, as well. But the FTG seal on his abdomen won't let him teleport to anywhere he likes, just wherever his clone is. If none of them is near Sasuke, there's little chance he'll be hitting Sasuke.

Sasuke may not have been able to match that, but he wasn't doing bad against A either. It took A at his max speed to catch Sasuke completely off guard. First time, I think Sasuke was in a genjutsu and couldn't see A coming at him.
    Could you show where he used two BT in a row without a cooling period? I looked through a few chapters, and I wasn't able to spot it. The FTG seal won't allow him to teleport anywhere, but if he has a thousand clones, he has a thousand spots to flicker to. It's a simple matter of placing some clones outside the range of battle, and in strategic positions on the battlefield. He wasn't doing poorly against A, but that was because of Susanoo, not his own speed.

Quote Quote:
    But if Sasuke touches Naruto when warping him, clones won't help him get out. Plus, there's nothing stopping Sasuke from using a huge Kamui on the battlefield. Unlike Kakashi, Sasuke can spare the chakra to use big enough Kamui.
    My point was that if there are a thousand clones, the overwhelming odds favour Sasuke warping some random clone. As soon as this technique is revealed, he is going to find it difficult to do so again because the clones and Naruto are going to use FTG to avoid the warp. As for using Kamui to take out the entire army of clones, I don't see it happening. Kamui isn't particularly quick in its execution, and the area for an attack on such a large number of clones is likely to be huge. If Kakashi is any indication, Sasuke is likely to be unable to Kamui an area so large. I honestly believe that he's more likely to kill himself from the strain.

Quote Quote:
    Why react differently against Sasuke? Naruto knew Itachi was one of the best at genjutsu, he won't think that about Sasuke, especially considering Sasuke hasn't shown any signs of genjutsu knowledge around Naruto. Though if Naruto does have at least one clone out, that'll be useless as the clone would probably give Naruto enough time to break out.

Doubt Naruto's clones will be able to handle the Cerberus though. Considering the fact that it multiplies every time it's hit or given the death blow, I could see Naruto makin the problem worse.
    Naruto isn't going to be summoning one clone. He is going to be summoning an army of clones. Naruto would counter the pup in the same manner as he did the first time he faced it; the Toads. And if they decide they're not up for the job, one of his clones can do the job. If there isn't anything left of Cerberus, I doubt he multiplies. Using Kushina's sealing chakra chains to subdue it would also work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    The point is that Human Path's ability was active at the time he used Hungry Path's ability, otherwise Nagato wouldn't have been capable of maintaining is hold on Naruto's soul.
    That may be your point, but it doesn't counter mine. Hungry Path's ability had already been activated, the chakra had been utilised and the effect of the technique achieved, which was to draw the soul out. My point out is that he has not shown the ability to initiate ninjutsu while the chakra absorption seal is active. For example, utilising Susanoo while his chakra absorption ability is active should be impossible. The result should be that the seal absorbs Susanoo.
    Last edited by Impossibility; July 03, 2012 at 06:43 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That may be your point, but it doesn't counter mine. Hungry Path's ability had already been activated, the chakra had been utilised and the effect of the technique achieved, which was to draw the soul out. My point out is that he has not shown the ability to initiate ninjutsu while the chakra absorption seal is active. For example, utilising Susanoo while his chakra absorption ability is active should be impossible. The result should be that the seal absorbs Susanoo.
    But he had a ninjutsu, Human Path's ability, active at the time he activated Hungry Path's ability and it didn't prevent him from maintaining his hold on Naruto's soul with the ability.

In addition, why would Sasuke activate Susanoo with it active in the first place? If anything, he would use it after Susanoo, like Madara has been doing.

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

But he had a ninjutsu, Human Path's ability, active at the time he activated Hungry Path's ability and it didn't prevent him from maintaining his hold on Naruto's soul with the ability.

In addition, why would Sasuke activate Susanoo with it active in the first place? If anything, he would use it after Susanoo, like Madara has been doing.
    My argument on that account is that the technique had already had its effect, which was to draw the soul out. Preta Path's ability didn't absorb the chakra of the ninjutsu because there wasn't any loose chakra to absorb, at that point the only thing between Naruto and Nagato was the physical action of pulling out Naruto's soul. That is how I interpreted it. It would be an entirely different scenario if Nagato had attempted to initiate the ability while the chakra absorption seal was active. We know that the chakra absorption seal absorbs any ninjutsu within its sphere, there has never been any indication that it can discriminate between the source of the ninjutsu. As such, any ninjutsu attempted within the sphere while the seal is active should break down.

And the reference to Susanoo is because of the circumstances of the battle. The chakra absorption seal would leave Sasuke open to physical attack because he would be unable to defend with Susanoo during its activation. If Sasuke is absorbing an attack from Naruto, Naruto's clones would be capable of attacking Sasuke physically. With their immense speed, as well as FTG, they shouldn't find it difficult to attack at the moment Sasuke is attempting to absorb ninjutsu. A few of my posts prior to this one outline the most ideal setup for Preta Path's ability, but also its seemingly most obvious downside that would make it an ineffective strategy for Sasuke.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility
    As I've already said many times, if Sasuke is using his absorption technique to take chakra from Naruto's cloak or from his attacks, he is open to physical attack from a clone. If Sasuke is absorbing chakra from Naruto's cloak, a clone simply uses FTG to teleport to that spot, through the use of the seal on Naruto's abdomen, to attack Sasuke physically. If it's a distance attack, Naruto simply times the ninjutsu attack to coincide with physical attacks from clones.
    That's super-simplifying things though. Nagato's proven that Rinnegan abilities can be multi-tasked. Sasuke absorbs an attack from ahead of him? He defends his back with Asura Realm limbs. Maybe a rocket fist, maybe a laser beam. Not to mention the scale of Naruto's attacks will be so destructive, hitting him with any clones would never work, since Sasuke will literally be inside of a giant explosive salvo of Rasengan or Bijuudama chakra during the extent of his absorbtion. Nothing Naruto uses that is made of pure chakra will help him.

Quote Quote:
    As for Sasuke's suppression of the Kyuubi, he was able to suppress only a small fraction of Kurama's chakra. Naruto has access to far more of Kurama's chakra, and he also has the other eight bijuus. The two situations are wildly different. And you haven't shown how Madara's control over the Kyuubi has the ability to affect the battle. You've been able to offer up that Naruto was able to feel when Madara attempted to summon Kurama, that's it. That may be the only effect Madara's Kyuubi control is capable of, maybe if given time he could do more. That remains unknown. But, unless you are intending to suggest that Sasuke is going to attempt to summon Kurama to make Naruto feel it as part of his strategy, or able to show that he is going to be capable of more, I'm going to say it's not going to have an effect on the battle and ignore it.
    The fact that Naruto's clone fell to his knees in pain from the attempt at summoning Kurama is proof that his assault can be hindered without actually making contact. In the midst of making a bijuudama or activating Chakra Mode he could be brought to his knees, literally (and since it affects the clones, any army currently summoned will become immobilized aswell). That's DEFINATELY an advantage. Sasuke was also given all of Tobi and Madara's jutsu, meaning subduing any of his bijuu via Uzumaki-style sealing chains is also an option. This, combined with his Sharingan gives him the ability to render any and all variations of bijuu usage unusable if we're gonna get technical.

Quote Quote:
    If you suggest it as a potential boon, show exactly why that is the case. Show how the ability is going to be useful. I'm not responsible for making arguments against strategies that are based purely on abilities that have almost completely unknown extents and effects that are speculative at best. And just to finish, if it doesn't use the Sharingan, as you state, why are you attributing it to to Sasuke?
    Because Sasuke has been given more than just the Sharingan in this fight. He also has the Rinnegan and all jutsu performed by anyone with a Sharingan, as per the rules. Double check if you don't believe me. As for how the abilities I've listed can be used to benefit him in any way, you really can't comprehend how bringing an opponent to his knees in excruciating pain mid-fight can become an advantage? Really?

Quote Quote:
    I was going to break down, in depth, every technique you had listed within your post, but then I realised that I'd already countered most of them earlier in the thread, so it's mostly one liners.
    That's a vast misenterpretation of what happened, but okay. Your counters had counters to them, but I often have to reiterate myself when I explain something to you so I don't expect this time to be any different.

Quote Quote:
    So here goes. ST has a cool down period, and with Naruto's speed and FTG that period is problematic for the technique as a reliable defense.
    Which is exactly why I listed multiple defenses, all usable while (or instantly behind) Shinra Tensei's time limit. From Susanoo, to summons, to intangibility.

Quote Quote:
    Kamui is hardly speedy or efficient, it also significantly drains the user.
    Full on exaggeration. First off, Sasuke is a full blooded Uchiha, which grants him the ability to use the Sharingan to a greater extent than Kakashi. He also has far more stamina and the ability to absorb ninjutsu to restore lost chakra, making the drain a moot point. As for speed, Kakashi has both absorbed an explosion the moment it started, and defended against Susanoo arrows (one of the fastest/hardest to avoid attacks we've seen) via Kamui. To claim it's slow is reaching.

Quote Quote:
    Preta's Path's chakra absorption limits the user, and leaves them open for physical attack.
    Naruto's physical attacks are laced with absorbable chakra, and Sasuke's absorbtion limits him ONLY in the since that he becomes immobile. He can still defend with other jutsu (why do you keep claiming otherwise anyway? Where'd you see anything of the sort even implied?)

Quote Quote:
    Tobi's intangibility has a time limit for usage.
    That Naruto has no knowledge of (another counter you missed in my last post). Not only does Naruto not know the limit, but Tobi has proven he's capable of using jutsu while intangible. He can activate the jutsu during any counter attack against his own jutsu, baiting Naruto into an inescapable checkmate.

Quote Quote:
    Izanami is extremely difficult to initiate, and it would also require Sasuke to set up those conditions not with any of the host of clones likely to be running around, but with the actual Naruto; the odds for that are ridiculously low.
    Correction: Sasuke need only use Naruto's senses, re-create the events of one of their bouts, and Izanami is already created. Naruto making clones, and then the clones getting burned away with enton is a simple and common occurence. Doing this twice is hardly difficult. Not to mention, the experiences from Naruto's clones ensure Naruto memorizes all the events that happens and thus, likely passes on the knowledge of these occurences TO him, making Izanami casting even easier, since the memories attributed to their senses are given to him.

Quote Quote:
    He doesn't have to use bijuudama to destroy CT, a throng of FRS from the clones would suffice, or he could simply use FTG to avoid the area of attraction.
    1000 wind jutsu in an enclosed area... whatever would someone with EMS do to counter something like that?

Quote Quote:
    Now BT has the same flaw as ST. Flaming bits of rocks are easily avoidable with Naruto's speed and FTG.
    Naruto barely got away from Nagato's Banshou Tenin boulder surprise attack, even with his sensing abilities and Chakra Mode speed, so you'll forgive me if I disagree.

Quote Quote:
    Rinnegan summons could be countered by Toads, and if the toads are insufficent, a few clones would do. Meteor is countered in the same manner as CT.
    Naruto's dogs are gone once they die. Sasuke's dog summon can spam minions indefinately. And do you really believe Naruto can destroy those meteors with a bunch of FRS? What if Sasuke coats the meteors with Enton? The FRS' would just make the jutsu stronger and they'd still keep coming.

Quote Quote:
    Gedo Mazo's soul stealing dragons are avoided in the same manner as the flaming bits of rock. Of course, each of these are useless if spent attacking Naruto's clones. Of course the simplest argument against the endless attacking and defensive options for Sasuke is that he isn't capable of pulling them off.
    For the millionth time, chakra reserve is NOT an issue to someone that can restore their body with chakra attacks used from their opponent, especially when that opponent is 0 threat without overwhelming chakra usage. Chakra will never be an issue for Sasuke in this fight. It's literally impossible to be. As for the dragons being a waste, even if they don't rip souls from the clones, they'll still rip them to shreds, resulting in their destruction. And since Sasuke doesn't have to maintain the jutsu of his own chakra, we have an attack from an opponent that can't be stopped, only outrun. And only outrun if Naruto isn't currently being pulled by Chibaku Tensei or Bansho Tenin.

Even worse is that the absorbed chakra doesn't just give him more fuel to fight, but it rejuvinates his body. Nagato, after absorbing chakra from Bee, was restored from the emaciated form he was in naturally.

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    That's super-simplifying things though. Nagato's proven that Rinnegan abilities can be multi-tasked. Sasuke absorbs an attack from ahead of him? He defends his back with Asura Realm limbs. Maybe a rocket fist, maybe a laser beam. Not to mention the scale of Naruto's attacks will be so destructive, hitting him with any clones would never work, since Sasuke will literally be inside of a giant explosive salvo of Rasengan or Bijuudama chakra during the extent of his absorbtion. Nothing Naruto uses that is made of pure chakra will help him.
    It's not super simplifying anything. It is pointing out a very simple weakness to the strategy. Asura's realms limbs are insufficient to defend against Naruto's clones' speed, power, and instant teleportation. As to your idea that his attacks are super destructive, I've already explained how he attacks with his long-range explosive attacks, and how he counters if Sasuke attempts to absorb his cloak as you suggested. It's a feasible strategy that isn't particularly difficult to implement.

Quote Quote:
    The fact that Naruto's clone fell to his knees in pain from the attempt at summoning Kurama is proof that his assault can be hindered without actually making contact. In the midst of making a bijuudama or activating Chakra Mode he could be brought to his knees, literally (and since it affects the clones, any army currently summoned will become immobilized aswell). That's DEFINATELY an advantage. Sasuke was also given all of Tobi and Madara's jutsu, meaning subduing any of his bijuu via Uzumaki-style sealing chains is also an option. This, combined with his Sharingan gives him the ability to render any and all variations of bijuu usage unusable if we're gonna get technical.

Because Sasuke has been given more than just the Sharingan in this fight. He also has the Rinnegan and all jutsu performed by anyone with a Sharingan, as per the rules. Double check if you don't believe me. As for how the abilities I've listed can be used to benefit him in any way, you really can't comprehend how bringing an opponent to his knees in excruciating pain mid-fight can become an advantage? Really?
    In response to this, I would just suggest that you refer to the conditions of the battle that have already been clarified by the poster. You seem to need to check the conditions once again.

Quote Quote:
    That's a vast misenterpretation of what happened, but okay. Your counters had counters to them, but I often have to reiterate myself when I explain something to you so I don't expect this time to be any different.
    Not a misinterpretation, it was a fact. I hadn't countered them when you had raised them as issues, but others already had. My earlier posts are there for you to see that that was the case. You seem to be questioning my comprehension of events, but you seem unwilling to refer to the posts in the thread to increase yours.

Quote Quote:
    Which is exactly why I listed multiple defenses, all usable while (or instantly behind) Shinra Tensei's time limit. From Susanoo, to summons, to intangibility.
    Full on exaggeration. First off, Sasuke is a full blooded Uchiha, which grants him the ability to use the Sharingan to a greater extent than Kakashi. He also has far more stamina and the ability to absorb ninjutsu to restore lost chakra, making the drain a moot point. As for speed, Kakashi has both absorbed an explosion the moment it started, and defended against Susanoo arrows (one of the fastest/hardest to avoid attacks we've seen) via Kamui. To claim it's slow is reaching.
    Naruto's physical attacks are laced with absorbable chakra, and Sasuke's absorbtion limits him ONLY in the since that he becomes immobile. He can still defend with other jutsu (why do you keep claiming otherwise anyway? Where'd you see anything of the sort even implied?)
    That Naruto has no knowledge of (another counter you missed in my last post). Not only does Naruto not know the limit, but Tobi has proven he's capable of using jutsu while intangible. He can activate the jutsu during any counter attack against his own jutsu, baiting Naruto into an inescapable checkmate.
    Correction: Sasuke need only use Naruto's senses, re-create the events of one of their bouts, and Izanami is already created. Naruto making clones, and then the clones getting burned away with enton is a simple and common occurence. Doing this twice is hardly difficult. Not to mention, the experiences from Naruto's clones ensure Naruto memorizes all the events that happens and thus, likely passes on the knowledge of these occurences TO him, making Izanami casting even easier, since the memories attributed to their senses are given to him.
    1000 wind jutsu in an enclosed area... whatever would someone with EMS do to counter something like that?
    Naruto barely got away from Nagato's Banshou Tenin boulder surprise attack, even with his sensing abilities and Chakra Mode speed, so you'll forgive me if I disagree.
    Naruto's dogs are gone once they die. Sasuke's dog summon can spam minions indefinately. And do you really believe Naruto can destroy those meteors with a bunch of FRS? What if Sasuke coats the meteors with Enton? The FRS' would just make the jutsu stronger and they'd still keep coming.
    For the millionth time, chakra reserve is NOT an issue to someone that can restore their body with chakra attacks used from their opponent, especially when that opponent is 0 threat without overwhelming chakra usage. Chakra will never be an issue for Sasuke in this fight. It's literally impossible to be. As for the dragons being a waste, even if they don't rip souls from the clones, they'll still rip them to shreds, resulting in their destruction. And since Sasuke doesn't have to maintain the jutsu of his own chakra, we have an attack from an opponent that can't be stopped, only outrun. And only outrun if Naruto isn't currently being pulled by Chibaku Tensei or Bansho Tenin.
    Even worse is that the absorbed chakra doesn't just give him more fuel to fight, but it rejuvinates his body. Nagato, after absorbing chakra from Bee, was restored from the emaciated form he was in naturally.
    My portrayal of Kamui isn't an exaggeration. Yours is. Kamui is slow when compared to the arsenal available to the combatants, even slower when compared to the opponent Sasuke intends to use it against, and it also drains the stamina of the user quite rapidly. Sasuke being an Uchiha doesn't change those facts. He may have more chakra and the drain rate may be less, but it is still going to be a costly technique.

Um, so how did draining those 'physical attacks laced with absorbable chakra' go for Preta Path? Is their a point to that statement. As for why I keep claiming that Sasuke is unable to utilise other jutsu while the chakra absorption seal is active, I'm having a discussion with Rikudou King on the matter. The posts between us would show my reasoning.

Tobi's intangibility is obviously useful, but it has a flaw. Naruto may be unable to ever figure that out, or he may. I was just pointing out a potential weakness of the technique that he could possibly exploit if given the chance. And Naruto is easily capable of pushing it to the limit. I don't get how this technique leads Naruto into an inescapable checkmate, not with the circumstances of the battle.

Your example of an event to memorise is probably not that likely. But that aside, it doesn't change any of what I've already said. He would not only have to recreate the same sensations, he is going to have to recreate the sensations with the actual Naruto, and not on one of his many clones. The odds of this occurring are extremely low.

I'm not sure where you picked a thousand FRSs from, but I guess it doesn't really matter. I could think of any number of things an EMS user could do, none of them particularly useful. Of course if you can point out something that he could do that would affect the battle in his favour, go for it.

Is Sasuke intending to utilise that same BT surprise attack against Naruto? I don't know how that's going to work out. Naruto isn't likely to be in the same situation as when he faced Nagato, but even if he is, as you said Naruto avoided it. So, forgive me if I'm unchanged on my original argument.

I pointed to the Toads as a way to counter the Rinnegan summons, not the dogs specifically. And I don't see why the Toads aren't going to be able to trap the dogs as they originally did. And yes, I do believe with a large number of FRS he is going to be able to destroy Sasuke's meteor. And Sasuke's Enton coating of the meteor is going to change what exactly. The only thing that Enton is likely to do is make the destruction of the meteor all the more spectacular.

I'm pretty sure Naruto's clones are capable of avoiding the ethereal dragons. And if a few get caught, it doesn't really change the battle. It's not as though Naruto has a short supply of clones, they're like disposable cups. I doubt Naruto is even going to notice if a few of them go missing in the grand scheme of the battle. And exactly why doesn't Sasuke have to bear the chakra costs of the dragons, I'm really curious as to how he intends to maintain this technique indefinitely.

Now just as an overarching point that I'm pretty sure I've already presented. Where is Sasuke getting this seemingly infinite chakra you've been attributing to him? Yes, he can absorb chakra. But, one might that think that Naruto is going to avoid feeding the habit. And I've also already pointed out that absorbing chakra carries high risk for Sasuke, in terms of preserving his life.

And now for the statements that ring completely false, at least in reference to the battle. How can you say that Naruto is 0 threat without overwhelming chakra usage? And how is it that it's impossible for chakra to be an issue for Sasuke? Here goes. Naruto summons a group of clones, armed with kunai, that use their speed and FTG to close in on Sasuke, while Naruto removes himself from the battleground. Sasuke uses one, or some, of the many techniques you point to in order to fend them off; Susanoo, ST, Enton, CT, etc. Sasuke manages to defeat the clones, but since Naruto has a ridiculous amount of chakra, every time that Sasuke repels the clones and defeats them there is another host coming to attack. At some point, maybe after an hour if you're being kind to Sasuke, using ST, Susanoo, etc is going to wear on Sasuke, while Naruto with his own ridiculous stamina and nine bijuus is capable of doing this for days on end. Sasuke is then completely exhausted and unable to utilise his techniques. One, or maybe a few, of Naruto's clones decide to insert their kunai into Sasukes body. Sasuke life ends. I think Naruto avoided using any overwhelming chakra-based attacks, and Sasuke faced a shortage of chakra. And Naruto wins.
    Last edited by Impossibility; July 03, 2012 at 05:14 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to be a one-liner, but Sasuke uses Kotoamatsukami and wins.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My argument on that account is that the technique had already had its effect, which was to draw the soul out. Preta Path's ability didn't absorb the chakra of the ninjutsu because there wasn't any loose chakra to absorb, at that point the only thing between Naruto and Nagato was the physical action of pulling out Naruto's soul. That is how I interpreted it. It would be an entirely different scenario if Nagato had attempted to initiate the ability while the chakra absorption seal was active. We know that the chakra absorption seal absorbs any ninjutsu within its sphere, there has never been any indication that it can discriminate between the source of the ninjutsu. As such, any ninjutsu attempted within the sphere while the seal is active should break down.
    Human Path's ability should have still been emitting chakra, otherwise Naruto would have been capable of pulling his own soul back in. His only means to hold a soul was to use chakra via Human Path's ability, he couldn't do it without some. And it's obvious that Hungry Path's ability doesn't indiscriminately absorb chakra, otherwise when Nagato was originally sending chakra to the Paths so he could control them, Hungry Path would drop dead every time it's ability was used. Since the chakra to the Path used to control it, and the chakra from the Path used to see through it's eyes aren't being interrupted, that chakra must not have been effected by the absorption.

And the reference to Susanoo is because of the circumstances of the battle. The chakra absorption seal would leave Sasuke open to physical attack because he would be unable to defend with Susanoo during its activation. If Sasuke is absorbing an attack from Naruto, Naruto's clones would be capable of attacking Sasuke physically. With their immense speed, as well as FTG, they shouldn't find it difficult to attack at the moment Sasuke is attempting to absorb ninjutsu. A few of my posts prior to this one outline the most ideal setup for Preta Path's ability, but also its seemingly most obvious downside that would make it an ineffective strategy for Sasuke.
    But with Susanoo, there would be little need to defend by absorbing the attack. Hungry Path's ability would at most be a last resort, which only the real Naruto would be capable of getting past anyway. Even then, there would still be a perfectly good chance of Sasuke reacting to the speed, as shown with Madara.
    Last edited by Rikudou King; July 03, 2012 at 07:49 PM.

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Human Path's ability should have still been emitting chakra, otherwise Naruto would have been capable of pulling his own soul back in. His only means to hold a soul was to use chakra via Human Path's ability, he couldn't do it without some. And it's obvious that Hungry Path's ability doesn't indiscriminately absorb chakra, otherwise when Nagato was originally sending chakra to the Paths so he could control them, Hungry Path would drop dead every time it's ability was used. Since the chakra to the Path used to control it, and the chakra from the Path used to see through it's eyes aren't being interrupted, that chakra must not have been effected by the absorption.

But with Susanoo, there would be little need to defend by absorbing the attack. Hungry Path's ability would at most be a last resort, which only the real Naruto would be capable of getting past anyway. Even then, there would still be a perfectly good chance of Sasuke reacting to the speed, as shown with Madara.
    I don't agree on Human Path's ability, I think the technique simply detaches the soul. After the soul has been dislodged, so to speak, it becomes a matter of simply pulling it out. But that has always just been my interpretation of the ability. You make an interesting point about the chakra rods. I hadn't considered those into the equation, but it may be a matter of how the chakra is transmitted, a constant signal may not be necessary. Or it may be an inconsistency. Or I could just be off base. But based on the qualities of the technique, I would say that initiating ninjutsu while the seal is active should be impossible. Once the user activates the seal, it simply starts consuming chakra. I don't see how it discriminates between ninjutsu of different sources when it exists simply as a passive seal.

As for the discussion on Susanoo, I was simply suggesting that if Sasuke ever decided to activate the absorption seal, he would likely be exposed to high risk from physical attacks. I don't consider Susanoo to be particularly effective, simply because he is going to be facing an individual capable of sending endless clones at him. Sasuke is only going to be able to maintain Susanno long enough to handle only a small fraction of the clones Naruto is going to be capable of summoning. And I doubt Sasuke is going to be able to handle Naruto's speed. Naruto is faster, has access to FTG, and greater numbers. I don't think that Sasuke is going to be able keep up.
    Last edited by Impossibility; July 03, 2012 at 09:34 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility
    It's not super simplifying anything. It is pointing out a very simple weakness to the strategy. Asura's realms limbs are insufficient to defend against Naruto's clones' speed, power, and instant teleportation. As to your idea that his attacks are super destructive, I've already explained how he attacks with his long-range explosive attacks, and how he counters if Sasuke attempts to absorb his cloak as you suggested. It's a feasible strategy that isn't particularly difficult to implement.

Too fast for Naruto's clones' speed? You're aware that Naruto was in Chakra Mode when Nagato caught him, correct? And that Killerbee isn't slow either, yet was caught just as easily? You're blatantly disagreeing with something we've seen canonically.

Quote Quote:
    In response to this, I would just suggest that you refer to the conditions of the battle that have already been clarified by the poster. You seem to need to check the conditions once again.

Quote Quote:
    (Perfect Eyes) Sasuke
    --------------------------
    * Has EMS and can use any technique any sharigan user has used in the entire series
    * Has Byakugan and can use any technique shown with it (taijutsu included)
    * Has Rinnengan and can use any technique shown with it
    * Has itachi's legendary weapons
    Quote Quote:
    My portrayal of Kamui isn't an exaggeration. Yours is. Kamui is slow when compared to the arsenal available to the combatants, even slower when compared to the opponent Sasuke intends to use it against, and it also drains the stamina of the user quite rapidly. Sasuke being an Uchiha doesn't change those facts. He may have more chakra and the drain rate may be less, but it is still going to be a costly technique.
    So yet again, you're calling the canon nature of the manga flatout wrong? Despite what's been stated [i]multiple[i] times about the speed of Sasuke's Susanoo Arrows, the fact that Kamui can absorb them in defense doesn't make it fast? This is twice now that your argument comes down to saying "Nuh uh" in the face of validated information.

Quote Quote:
    Um, so how did draining those 'physical attacks laced with absorbable chakra' go for Preta Path? Is their a point to that statement. As for why I keep claiming that Sasuke is unable to utilise other jutsu while the chakra absorption seal is active, I'm having a discussion with Rikudou King on the matter. The posts between us would show my reasoning.
    And he's succesfully legitimizing his claims. Nagato was absorbing a soul while creating Asura limbs AND absorbing a Rasengan. That's 3 consecutive jutsu all at once, regardless of which one is created first. That's the beginning and end of it. As for Preta Path failing to absorb chakra from Sage Naruto, Naruto won't be relying on Sage chakra when he has the combined chakra of every bijuu. Not to mention Sage Mode would never give him the necessary speed to deal with the assault Sasuke is capable of now. You're building your entire argument on Naruto's speed, so I'm replying in kind. Naruto's speed is no problem unless it's the level shown against Tobi recently. Which has a limit.

Quote Quote:
    Is Sasuke intending to utilise that same BT surprise attack against Naruto? I don't know how that's going to work out. Naruto isn't likely to be in the same situation as when he faced Nagato, but even if he is, as you said Naruto avoided it. So, forgive me if I'm unchanged on my original argument.
    Naruto blocked one boulder with a chakra hand. This also wasn't enton coated. Touching it the way he did against Nagato isn't the best plan.

Quote Quote:
    Tobi's intangibility is obviously useful, but it has a flaw. Naruto may be unable to ever figure that out, or he may. I was just pointing out a potential weakness of the technique that he could possibly exploit if given the chance. And Naruto is easily capable of pushing it to the limit. I don't get how this technique leads Naruto into an inescapable checkmate, not with the circumstances of the battle.
    Sasuke is capable of using ninjutsu while intangible. Meaning that turning intangible the exact moment he knows who the real Naruto is allows him to set him aflame or tap him and absorb him. As for "easily capable of pushing it to the limit", Naruto's current Bijuu Mode lasts 5 minutes. The cloaked form that's connected to Kurama that gives him this amazing speed you keep harping about. 5 minutes. All the time that this is being used to try to crush Sasuke's Susanoo or bait him into absorbing something so he can hit him with his AMAZING taijutsu means eventually he'll be permanently downgraded to his basic Raikage-level speed.

This is why Sasuke running out of chakra will never be an issue because not only is he absorbing godly amounts of chakra, but Naruto will use those 5 minutes to the fullest, knowing full well that the advantage disappears soon. He'll pour every ounce of that fleeting boost to his power into stopping Sasuke. He can be strategic and thoughtful eventually, but not with this limitation bringing his mode to an abrupt stop in 5 minutes.

Unless the thread creator comes in here and gives Naruto no time limit to Bijuu Mode. Inwhich case, things become more difficult.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree on Human Path's ability, I think the technique simply detaches the soul. After the soul has been dislodged, so to speak, it becomes a matter of simply pulling it out. But that has always just been my interpretation of the ability. You make an interesting point about the chakra rods. I hadn't considered those into the equation, but it may be a matter of how the chakra is transmitted, a constant signal may not be necessary. Or it may be an inconsistency. Or I could just be off base. But based on the qualities of the technique, I would say that initiating ninjutsu while the seal is active should be impossible. Once the user activates the seal, it simply starts consuming chakra. I don't see how it discriminates between ninjutsu of different sources when it exists simply as a passive seal.

As for the discussion on Susanoo, I was simply suggesting that if Sasuke ever decided to activate the absorption seal, he would likely be exposed to high risk from physical attacks. I don't consider Susanoo to be particularly effective, simply because he is going to be facing an individual capable of sending endless clones at him. Sasuke is only going to be able to maintain Susanno long enough to handle only a small fraction of the clones Naruto is going to be capable of summoning. And I doubt Sasuke is going to be able to handle Naruto's speed. Naruto is faster, has access to FTG, and greater numbers. I don't think that Sasuke is going to be able keep up.
    Without the chakra, he wouldn't be able to hold the soul afterward. And it does appear as a constant signal. But even if it wasn't, we saw Nagato moving Hungry Path around and seeing through it's eyes while it's ability had been active for a while. As for being discriminating, Jirobo was capable of absorbing Naruto and co's chakra through his own earthen technique without breaking it. And Samehade doesn't seem to absorb it's owner's chakra when it's absorbing. So Hungry Path being likewise wouldn't be strange.

But Naruto wouldn't be able to send many clones against Sasuke without weakening himself, since the more clones made the less chakra they all have. And with Hungry Path's ability, any clones within range would be absorbed by Sasuke. Susanoo can be maintain for some time, even before EMS was gained, and if Madara is anything to go by, it should be capable of being held even longer. Also Sasuke was capable of reacting in the middle of Ee's shunshin, before he got the upgrade to EMS. With EMS, Madara had no trouble blocking Ee, even when he was teleported in and at his fastest speed.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Devil_Beast1109's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto would hands down control the flow of the battle thanks to one one little fact that everyone seems to ignore... Hatred detection remember? Sasuke would never be able to get the drop on him, he's a damn walking hatred beacon after all.

Sasuke's fastest technique? Amaterasu, which was rendered useless by E's speed and with Naruto being faster it would be no problem avoiding it. Also, Naruto doesn't need to get close to land a hit so using amaterasu as a shield would be ineffective too.

Tsukuyomi, with Sasuke screaming his location to Naruto thanks to his overwhelming hatre.. I mean, power Naruto can fight him with his eyes closed without a hitch.

Susanoo, again hatred detection comes in to play, his arrows (or any of his weapons really) would never land a hit because of the killing intent behind them, which Naruto would feel from a mile away. As proven by the raikage, enough power can get through susanoo a bijuudama created by all 9 bijuu should suffice but since I know people will say that a way to completely destroy susanoo hasn't been shown all Naruto has to do is stall until sasuke's chakra runs out and then Naruto can move in for the kill in less than a second. (Instant teleportation, fastest shinobi alive anyone?)

All that is needed to counter the rinnegan's moves is to keep one's distance which naruto can flawlessly do with 10 or so clones, which no one can tell apart remember?, Naruto can also close that distance in less than a second and no matter how you look at it, Sasuke may see the blow coming but you're seriously overestimating him if you think his reaction time is high enough to dodge something that moves at a speed grater than lighting.
    95% of all teens would go into a panic if Miley Cyrus was on a 100 foot building about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are one of the 5% who brought popcorn and invited friends.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you show where he used two BT in a row without a cooling period? I looked through a few chapters, and I wasn't able to spot it. The FTG seal won't allow him to teleport anywhere, but if he has a thousand clones, he has a thousand spots to flicker to. It's a simple matter of placing some clones outside the range of battle, and in strategic positions on the battlefield. He wasn't doing poorly against A, but that was because of Susanoo, not his own speed.
    here. Nagato had one hand extended towards Naruto while another hand extended towards the rock flying. In a closeup before we see Naruto flying towards him, it doesn't look like his other arm was extended yet.

Strategic positions on the battlefield won't help if the clones get pushed away with a Shinra Tensei. Complete Susano'o also has the power to alter the landscape as well, which would probably get rid of most of the clones with one sweep.

He was able to dodge A's elbow and chidori him. When A was close to Sasuke, he did a liger bomb, something Sasuke probably didn't expect due to not having fought such an enemy before. After that, it took A at his max speed to take Sasuke off guard, which he was unable to do due to making a noise before hitting Sasuke. if we're imagining this fight as Kishi draws it, he'll probably have Naruto make that kind of mistake that'd alert Sasuke and have his defense up.

Quote Quote:
    My point was that if there are a thousand clones, the overwhelming odds favour Sasuke warping some random clone. As soon as this technique is revealed, he is going to find it difficult to do so again because the clones and Naruto are going to use FTG to avoid the warp. As for using Kamui to take out the entire army of clones, I don't see it happening. Kamui isn't particularly quick in its execution, and the area for an attack on such a large number of clones is likely to be huge. If Kakashi is any indication, Sasuke is likely to be unable to Kamui an area so large. I honestly believe that he's more likely to kill himself from the strain.
    How would they be able to warp to one place or one area? Wouldn't that get too populated and make it harder for Naruto to fight?

Kamui was quick enough to warp away Sasuke's arrows. Kakashi had no choice but to use Kamui because the arrows were too fast. It takes Kakashi time to use Kamui because of him being precise with his chakra, and if I recall, it only took him time the first few times we saw him because of distance and him not mastering it fully yet. Sasuke should have the chakra to use Kamui on big area since he has more chakra than Kakashi and is an Uchiha.

Quote Quote:
    Naruto isn't going to be summoning one clone. He is going to be summoning an army of clones. Naruto would counter the pup in the same manner as he did the first time he faced it; the Toads. And if they decide they're not up for the job, one of his clones can do the job. If there isn't anything left of Cerberus, I doubt he multiplies. Using Kushina's sealing chakra chains to subdue it would also work.
    The toad was unable to do anything to the Cerberus, Naruto had to take out Animal Realm first. Even the real Naruto had problem with Cerberus, which I think the clone Naruto will. FRS did not stop the Cerberus, Amaterasu apparently did.

I think it might, especially since it was able to hold the Kyuubi. It doesn't kill or hurt either, if I recall, so the Cerberus can't multiply. Naruto also has the chakra to be able to keep the Cerberus busy with his clones as well, so I don't see that being an issue either, to be honest. Though, he'd have to make more and more clones the more the Cerberus multiplies.

Quote Quote:
    Actually, recalling when Hungry Path and Nagato absorbed chakra (as well as Madara), they were facing the attack/s and even used hand or hands. Madara had his right hand stretched out to absorb the FRS, and Preta Path usually had both hands extended when absorbin chakra. So it's not necessarily the chakra absorption seal that absorbs chakra, but whatever chakra touches the hand/s. So, Sasuke could still use Susano'o.

And as far as I recall, the Yata Mirror is virtually indestructible, so Sasuke can use that to block Naruto's attacks. The problem would be chakra and getting more chakra, though.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Practical Naruto strategies might include:
    1) Warp away
    2) Send in Sage Kyubi clone
    3) Shoot stuff at Sasuke or destroy his surroundings with explosions to hurt him - Susanoo and chakra absorption can't work at the same time.
    4) Continue until Sasuke runs out of chakra.
    5) Continue making the ground and what not explode with clones while Naruto's main body is safely far away, until Sasuke is dead.

Never underestimate the value of near infinite power.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_Beast1109
    Naruto would hands down control the flow of the battle thanks to one one little fact that everyone seems to ignore... Hatred detection remember? Sasuke would never be able to get the drop on him, he's a damn walking hatred beacon after all.
    Umm... you're aware that Naruto's sensing abilities have failed him multiple times already, correct?

When Nagato's chameleon trapped him, he didn't sense it coming.
    When he tripped and fell face-first from running into a god damn root.
    When being attacked over and over by the edo jinchuuriki (it worked once, but was useless once he got outnumbered)
    When Nagato suprise-attacked him with a Banshou Tenin boulder at the start of their fight
    When Tobi rushed in to warp him away and Kakashi and Gai had to save him

Quote Quote:
    Sasuke's fastest technique? Amaterasu, which was rendered useless by E's speed and with Naruto being faster it would be no problem avoiding it. Also, Naruto doesn't need to get close to land a hit so using amaterasu as a shield would be ineffective too.
    Useless? Lol, Raikage's a righty now. I'd hardly say Amaterasu was useless based on that alone. It doesn't have to be fired at the opponent to hit them, especially now that Sasuke has weaponry coated in the unquenchable flames.

Quote Quote:
    Tsukuyomi, with Sasuke screaming his location to Naruto thanks to his overwhelming hatre.. I mean, power Naruto can fight him with his eyes closed without a hitch.
    Again, throughout Naruto and Itachi's fight he stared at him... constantly. That's how smart the kid is. He'll do the same against Sasuke. And the literal only person who can successfully fight a Sharingan user with their eyes closed or looking away is Gai. Even Kabuto, who is a superior sage to Naruto, still used his eyesight to fight Itachi and Sasuke (but was protected from Genjutsu thanks to his see-through eyelids). That, and Izanami doesn't require eye contact.

Quote Quote:
    Susanoo, again hatred detection comes in to play, his arrows (or any of his weapons really) would never land a hit because of the killing intent behind them, which Naruto would feel from a mile away. As proven by the raikage, enough power can get through susanoo a bijuudama created by all 9 bijuu should suffice but since I know people will say that a way to completely destroy susanoo hasn't been shown all Naruto has to do is stall until sasuke's chakra runs out and then Naruto can move in for the kill in less than a second. (Instant teleportation, fastest shinobi alive anyone?)
    Again, Naruto's been hit successfully multiple times regardless of his sensing abilities. By opponents with less lethal attacks than Sasuke no less. But there's one fatal flaw to sensing abilities anyway, and that's that it's not precognition. It doens't tell you WHAT is coming, it just tells you that SOMETHING is coming, aswell as where it's gonna hit. He's still relying on his own basic senses to tell the size, speed, or lethality of what ever threat is coming. And some attacks simply can't be avoided.

How does sensing abilities stop Izanami? Banshou Tenin? It doesn't.

Quote Quote:
    All that is needed to counter the rinnegan's moves is to keep one's distance which naruto can flawlessly do with 10 or so clones, which no one can tell apart remember?, Naruto can also close that distance in less than a second and no matter how you look at it, Sasuke may see the blow coming but you're seriously overestimating him if you think his reaction time is high enough to dodge something that moves at a speed grater than lighting.
    Keeping distance? Again, Naruto can't see the future. He doesn't know the scale of a jutsu until it's used. Like the aim of the meteors falling from the sky, or how big of a destructive force they carry. And keeping distance is only likely when he can actually move of his own volition. If he's paralyzed with Genjutsu, being sucked toward Sasuke with Banshou Tenin, or pulled to a Chibaku Tensei, keeping distance isn't an option until these obstacles are taken care of.

And for the trillionth time, Sasuke can't run out of chakra aslong as Naruto is using chakra against him.

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast