Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Did itachi just give sasuke the rinnegan?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chibistar6's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Did itachi just give sasuke the rinnegan?

I'm really curious about this because I haven't seen it mentioned by anyone yet: do you think it's possible that itachi gave sasuke the rinnegan through the forehead-bump in 590 just like he gave sasuke the mangekyou after their fight by poking him in the forehead?

The forehead-poking was obviously symbolic, but itachi also had a practical purpose in mind by doing that. perhaps itachi did the same with the recent forehead-bump? If itachi now is behind whatever sasuke decides to do, it wouldn't be a far stretch to say that he gave the rinnegan to sasuke (who knows how) to power him up some more.

I see this as the only way that sasuke will be able to get the rinnegan without transplanting another set of eyes, since it was shown that madara needed years to develop it after his fight with hashirama, even after obtaining hashirama's DNA.

Am i crazy for thinking this? Or is this a reasonable idea?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did itachi just give sasuke the rinnegan?

Itachi didn't "give" Sasuke the Mangekyou Sharingan. He used a sealing technique called Tensha Fuuin. It was an "Amaterasu-trap".

Here is a good description from leaf ninja:

No, Itachi didn't give Sasuke the MS and he surely has not the "tools/requirements" to gain Rinnegan or give it to someone.
    Last edited by syx; July 01, 2012 at 09:30 PM.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chibistar6 View Post
    I'm really curious about this because I haven't seen it mentioned by anyone yet: do you think it's possible that itachi gave sasuke the rinnegan through the forehead-bump in 590 just like he gave sasuke the mangekyou after their fight by poking him in the forehead?

The forehead-poking was obviously symbolic, but itachi also had a practical purpose in mind by doing that. perhaps itachi did the same with the recent forehead-bump? If itachi now is behind whatever sasuke decides to do, it wouldn't be a far stretch to say that he gave the rinnegan to sasuke (who knows how) to power him up some more.

I see this as the only way that sasuke will be able to get the rinnegan without transplanting another set of eyes, since it was shown that madara needed years to develop it after his fight with hashirama, even after obtaining hashirama's DNA.

madara only said he obtained the rinnegan after the fight, and shortly before his death

he never said the rinnegan was ob tained way after he assimilated hashirama's dna

for starters, you don't even know how long it was after the fight when he died

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how Itachi could have given Sasuke the Rin'negan. We don't know what the requirements are, and Madara apparently gained it shortly before his death. I don't see how Itachi could have the requirements for Rin'negan or be able to pass it on, though he might know about Madara's Rin'negan or a way to get it. There's no way he could give Sasuke the Rin'negan.

It's like how he never gave Sasuke Mangekyo Sharingan or its techniques, just a one-shot attempt at Amaterasu reacting to Sharingan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To put it simply, no. Everything thus far has indicated that obtaining the Rinnegan probably requires a melding of Senju and Uchiha DNA. Uzumaki DNA likely works as a substitute because the clan was distantly related to the Senju. It's also possible that Hyuga DNA could work, if the rumors that the Sharingan is an evolution of the Byakugan prove to be true.

And Itachi didn't "give" Sasuke the Mangekyou Sharingan. As mentioned earlier, the forehead poke was a sealing technique. Sasuke awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan through the emotional trauma of the battle and his brother's death (Mangekyou seems to be awakened as a result of extreme emotions, such as those borne from fighting a close friend or relative to the death).

It seems unlikely to me that Itachi would have the means for bestowing the Rinnegan.

M3J, this is just a pet peave of mine, but there shouldn't be an apostrophe in "Rinnegan." That's only used in romanazation when an n (ん) is followed by a vowel or a y. In Rinnegan, the n (ん) is followed by a consonant-vowel, ne (ね). The more you know!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would argue it is outright plain impossible for itachi to give in any form the rinnengan to sasuke.

Itachi did not properly give the MS to sasuke however he did mean for sasuke to get it if we take madara's word for it. Now, if itachi did mean for sasuke to get the MS before, I would argue he would have done something to give the rinnengan to sasuke if he could have.

That said, it is still impossible for itachi to give such a thing based on what we know of the deal. Itachi was not a researcher or a scientist for one thing. More so, he spent his time infiltrated in akatsuki. When would he ever have the time to do the proper research? More so, for someone to have the rinnengan he necessarily needs to have senju and uchiha DNA. As far as we know itachi never had senju dna which he could have used to complete the rinnengan in sasuke. Itachi cannot possibly give him the power if he did not have it in some form to begin with. I don't think it would make much sense for itachi to have had senju powers to give. More so, would it make sense for itachi to give sasuke those powers if he knows sasuke is more hellbent than ever to destroy konoha?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Itachi forehead bumped anything into Sasuke, especially not the Rinnegan because Itachi didn't even have the Rinnegan! I do think that if Sasuke were to absorb Kabuto/take some of his dna, he might be able to activate the Rinnegan though, so I guess you could say that Itachi 'gave' the Rinnegan to Sasuke by leaving Kabuto completely defenseless in front of him .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chibistar6 View Post

How on earth could itachi give the rinnegan to someone? What a nonsense! @_@

New Reply