Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: When there's a Pirate King, are there Yonkou?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: When there's a Pirate King, are there Yonkou?

Quote Originally Posted by darth volcaniz View Post
    has anyone brought up luffy's declaration of war against big mama? or his alliance with law to take out kaidou? between these 2 actions and his seething hatred for blackbeard, its safe to say that in so becoming the pirate king, the power known as the yonko will be abolished.
    Chances are now that there are Yonkou (did Yonkou exist during Roger's time?), the world won't be rid of 'em. There will usually be another powerful pirate to take the place of a fallen Yonkou, like how Blackbeard took Whitebeard's place. Their existence could also be important, probably to fight the pirate king if need be?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner darth volcaniz's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

well thats just my point. i see Luffy taking over the territories of the other yonko as he beats them. or sharing and/or delegating the territories with shanks. i take this from his declaration against big mama. after he beats her, he said, hes claiming fishman island as HIS territory.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy did state he planned on beating Shanks as well though, so I'm not sure if he'll give any territory to Shanks, or whether he will get any territories at all, apart from Fishman Island. I see him getting islands that he has personal connections with, like Jinbei bein from Fishman Island.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

To me this question seems to point that if a Pirate King appears, you'll have to ally yourself with said Pirate King, or be crushed.
    Unless if you're powerful enough to challenge the Pirate King, which probably takes considerably rare potential and circumstances.

In short, all Younkai will loose their territories, while they may not stop to function as they do today, they will still answer to the Pirate King, who basically become their ruler.

So the world of Pirates stay the same, but with the difference that they will be united under 1 flag, instead of 4.

The world of the Pirates seem to be that you either get crushed or subject yourself to the victors will and ally yourself with the victor when you loose.
    We saw how Ace and some others did fall to the Younkai this way, why woulnd't the Younkai be the same? Why different if a superior power appeared infront of them?

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5