Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

I agree. I think partly why Sensei no Bulge made a huge impression on people is because Jump Alpha licensed it too, which was unusual for a new series. Assassination Classroom on the other hand, had no such overseas promotion. Considering how Jump Alpha licenses manga only that fits their theme (battle manga, or action-y manga), there's no way Assassination Classroom would get the same treatment. I mean, Viz has been on the fence about licensing Neuro for years.

Anyway, back to the subject, I found this over on LJ's Weekly Jump community (thanks braaandon!):

Quote Quote:
    Korosense

Height - 3 meters if stretches
    Weight - Lighter than you think
    Birth - unknown

Nagisa

Height - 159cm
    Weight - 48kg
    Birth - July 20

Karasuma Tadaomi

Height - 180cm
    Weight - 85kg
    Birth - August 15 (28 years old)
    ---------- Post added November 07, 2012 at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was November 06, 2012 at 09:46 AM ----------

Oops, I found this on tumblr a while ago, but I forgot to post it. It seems Lynxian's still coping with hurricane Sandy, hence no new scanlations so far:

Quote Quote:
    You might have noticed that I’ve been MIA for the past week. The reason for that is Hurricane Sandy, which knocked out our power last Monday. So yeah, I haven’t been able to translate anything (or even use the computer/internet) - and we aren’t expected to get power back until this coming Monday (11/5) at the earliest.
    I’ve been poking around online periodically using my phone, primarily posting updates on my twitter (abstract_eden), but I think a lot of people don’t check that/aren’t aware of it, so I’m posting here too. ATM, I’m in a wireless hotspot with my laptop - but I really won’t be able to do much of anything until the power’s back at my house.
    So what does that mean, exactly? It means that the translations for chapters 17-18 (and likely 19 as well) of Assassination Classroom will be delayed. Thankfully that’s the only series I translate on a weekly basis (Haikyuu!!, Kusuo Saiki, etc. are mostly on a random basis) right now. Of course, that being said, I really would like to pick up Hungry Joker when it starts serialization next week… even though I’m horrendously swamped thanks to the power outage.
    Here's hoping her internet problems resolve itself soon!

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

On a totally random note what do you guys think how popular AssClass will become? Or is it only a short hype and sales will decline/stay the same at best?

As for me I believe it won't be just a short hype as long as Matsui's series isn't loosing it's quality. That's based on the reason why I believe AssClass is that popular in the first place. Copying my post in Weekly Shounen Jump thread:

AC is good but the only reason (I can think of) why it is that popular is that the readers can relate to the story and it's characters. The pressure on school kids is enormous these days, especially in Japan where it matters a lot which school you attend and how you do. I guess that's why a lot can relate to the E-class and probably would wish for a teacher like Koro-sensei, who seems to truly care for them (a feeling a lot of teachers probably don't deliver very well). If you take into account that most jump readers attend school this seems very likely. Now if Matsui had all of this in mind when he created the series I can only say good job, my respect towards him just grew a lot.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    British Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    On a totally random note what do you guys think how popular AssClass will become? Or is it only a short hype and sales will decline/stay the same at best?

As for me I believe it won't be just a short hype as long as Matsui's series isn't loosing it's quality. That's based on the reason why I believe AssClass is that popular in the first place. Copying my post in Weekly Shounen Jump thread:

AC is good but the only reason (I can think of) why it is that popular is that the readers can relate to the story and it's characters. The pressure on school kids is enormous these days, especially in Japan where it matters a lot which school you attend and how you do. I guess that's why a lot can relate to the E-class and probably would wish for a teacher like Koro-sensei, who seems to truly care for them (a feeling a lot of teachers probably don't deliver very well). If you take into account that most jump readers attend school this seems very likely. Now if Matsui had all of this in mind when he created the series I can only say good job, my respect towards him just grew a lot.
    I'm going to stick to my opinion and say that it's too soon to call that this series is going to be very popular, but If I have to make a random guess, it will be popular but it's not going to be as huge as One Piece or Naruto. It really depends on how long Matsui would stretch the story, and I think if he decides to prolong this series until more than 30 volume, somehow it's kinda doubtful that Matsui would be able to maintain this series quality, since, well, In my opinion the premise of this story is more restricted compared to the other manga.

I have another opinion on why AssClass is really well received by JUMP readers. Matsui is not afraid to give his peculiar sense of humor and surrealist touch to the audience and they are not bad either(or can I say great?), and I personally believe his style is very fresh among the other JUMP manga.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

So yesterday was Matsui interview in Jump Bang here is a page with info about that, but i dont know moonspeak so i have no idea what it says

http://www.kajisoku.org/archives/51818124.html

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

New chapter was quite nice. The guide book was funny and at the same time the tone was a bit darker than usual with the rape and kidnapping discussions. The balance was quite well done and it was maybe closer from Neuro tone than previous chapters.

And the last phrase resume pretty much my feelings: How long till the students don't really want to assassinate koro sensei anymore ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangafox.me/manga/ansatsu_kyo...3/c017/18.html

Goddamn, loved this page.

Koro-sensei is the best.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Korosensei is proven to be an amazing author too! , and man the way Korosensei took down those delinquents are cool, well, Nagisa is cool as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FKM View Post
    So yesterday was Matsui interview in Jump Bang here is a page with info about that, but i dont know moonspeak so i have no idea what it says

http://www.kajisoku.org/archives/51818124.html
    It's mainly just an excerpt from 2ch's users commenting on the show, nothing significant. The rest of it are about the first volume sales etc and so on. it's about gourmet quiz or anything like that and god, Matsui's camel drawing is so awful . He looks older than I thought in those pictures.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

They're catching up with releases! Chapter 18 was just released.

Spoiler show

Personally, I thought the conclusion of the kidnapping was a bit anti-climactic. But this new chapter was self-contained and really awesome.

What I find interesting is just how childlike and earnest Korosensei seems on the Kyoto trip. You almost forget he's a wanted criminal because of the way he acts around his students. It reminds me of what Kayano was saying a couple of chapters back, that you learn a different side of people when you go on vacation together. And Korosensei is no exception to that. He's still got his guard on, and pretty damn impossible to kill, but he's definitely very relaxed on this trip. I'm pretty sure that if anyone is going to seriously attempt to kill him, it'll have to be someone who intimately knows Korosensei very well.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    They're catching up with releases! Chapter 18 was just released.

Spoiler show

Personally, I thought the conclusion of the kidnapping was a bit anti-climactic. But this new chapter was self-contained and really awesome.

What I find interesting is just how childlike and earnest Korosensei seems on the Kyoto trip. You almost forget he's a wanted criminal because of the way he acts around his students. It reminds me of what Kayano was saying a couple of chapters back, that you learn a different side of people when you go on vacation together. And Korosensei is no exception to that. He's still got his guard on, and pretty damn impossible to kill, but he's definitely very relaxed on this trip. I'm pretty sure that if anyone is going to seriously attempt to kill him, it'll have to be someone who intimately knows Korosensei very well.
    Wait..

Spoiler show

I agree with your opinions, what makes this Kyoto trip is interesting is partially because I really enjoy when Korosensei is acting childish and seems enjoy this trip more than he should . The part where suddenly he became an actor for a period drama is the best, and his dialogue is very funny, similar to what the Samurai in a period drama would say. Do you think that this new assassin would come back later? I surely hope so since he might become another Korosensei's valuable allies.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lynxian's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Do you think that this new assassin would come back later? I surely hope so since he might become another Korosensei's valuable allies.
    Red Eye is probably my favorite character thus far, so I'm also hoping he'll show up again.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

The latest chapter was probably the best chapter I've read so far. Everything was okay up to this point, but this chapter in particular just seemed very fun to read.

Spoiler show

Even though it was all compiled into one chapter, it didn't seem rushed at all.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; November 11, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I agree with Doraku and will say that AssClass won't reach Naruto/One Piece status. However, I have a feeling that it will exceed Neuro if it continues at this pace. The popularity is partly due to its simple, straight forward premise so it should be good as long as Matsui doesn't try to overcomplicate the story.

Of course, I won't know for sure unless it reaches its six months milestone.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Characters profile in the first volume, thank Ms. Lynxian for her kindness

22. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfAniManga View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Color me impressed, Matsui! Its these kind of little things that make Matsui stand out to me. Like the ruined Jesus painting showing up in a chapter about ruination, or even the way Nagisa visualizes math problems as monsters that can be killed, they're all great uses of imagery.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Characters profile in the first volume, thank Ms. Lynxian for her kindness
    I think its interesting that Korosensei is wearing a military officer's uniform. Do you think its a hint as to what Korosensei really is? That hat is confusing me! And I didn't know Nagisa is vegetarian! I thought Kayano would have her bio in here too, but I guess we'll have to wait for volume 2. I'm looking forward to seeing Bitch-sensei and Karma's bios.

It's an old school uniform I think, rather than a military one. - Doraku
    Last edited by Doraku; November 12, 2012 at 05:39 AM.

24. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast