Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MangaPage's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

I really don't mind the way the manga is going, and I'm enjoying it every week. I think the thing is that since it's so hugely popular, some people are expecting too much from it for an only 20-chapter long new series. Because of its exaggerated popularity for something so recent people expect some kind of stronger complexity that would be difficult a new series to have (especially one that focuses quite a lot in humor). AC is a very creative and singularly weird manga, but it's obvious it needs some time to develop itself, and when I read some things like that I feel people are just being impatient over it, wanting it to be deeper or go into more long or serious arcs already. I think it's good the manga is taking its time with nice and funny episodic chapters to get some buildup too, and so far the quality hasn't disappointed at all. I'm not really speaking to cearon or anyone in particular since I obviously can't know each case individually, but in general I get the feeling some people think that. Just because it's being even with One Piece in ToCs, which is incredible, it doesn't mean it can possibly have the same complexity in 20 or so chapters as OP has built in nearly 700 chapters, and it's ridiculous to expect that (and note that it's still getting bit by bit deeper, with this virtual being thing and the most recent chapter with shows class E discrimination a bit more seriously). Well, I guess most of the members who post in this thread don't think like that, since they do post here for some reason . Anyway, AC is a very funny and positively peculiar manga, and that's that, but it shouldn't be expected to rush things and deeply develop too soon, so let's just enjoy it for now

Apart from that, the AI matter might expand more afterwards since I also see some potential for something deeper on that, but it's probably not right away since things seem to have wrapped up a bit with this new chapter focusing on something else. And Teeba, the way it's now it doesn't look like brainwashing since Korosensei probably just added the possibility of her being like that and let her choose whether to use those new options or not, instead of programming her to be like that. We also saw that in the end some part was focused on her having a personal opinion since she disobeyed her own "parents" to be the way she wants, which is also a good conclusion, putting her more near the human than the personality-less machine she would supposedly be.
    I also liked chapter 23 a lot, it managed to transmit a little bit of that depressing feeling of rainy season but was also quite interesting with this stuff about being in attack mode whenever it's with people in a weaker position. I'm getting hungry for next chapters

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Did any of you see the new volume cover?

You just have to love Matsui I wonder if he will continue with Korosensei's face for the next few volumes

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like this one. Not really. It doesn't have the same effect on me as the first one, it's nothing new. Though it's nice he's brave enough to continue with those covers. Wonder what he'll pull next. Maybe something like the face we saw in the last chapter? We'll see.

And yeah, the colors are another reason for my distaste of this cover. Just don't like this green and this yellow, but that's a personal thing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like those covers, nice and simple and the colours give you eye-cancer LOL
    but they are different from the usual character close-ups and highly polished artworks you never see in a comparable way while reading the manga itself (I mean YOU Kaori Yuki!)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The same for me these colorss are a bit off. Keeping a single one may have been better

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    British Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, here's a spoiler from chapter 25, though it actually has to do with the upcoming VOMIC:

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Here's another spoiler I have to mention after skimming a few pages in, this time having to do with part of the story:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; December 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfAniManga View Post
    Here's another spoiler I have to mention after skimming a few pages in, this time having to do with part of the story:

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shinuki no Reborn's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else realized that the behavior change of that bitch in chapter 23 was a reference to the Cognitive Dissonance theory?

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with the covers for me is what I had mentioned some time earlier, the first volume cover would have been perfect for an individual/isolated volume, it's really original and brave making such a simple design, but having all the volume covers like that doesn't look so great, and doing it for a fist volume cover pretty much forces the rest of the covers to follow that style. So it's a creative thing to do but maybe not such a wise choice on the long-run, especially since it might have quite a lot of volumes considering its success, and it prevents the author from using his great artwork for outstanding covers (and Neuro's were quito good too) since the surprise is gone after the first volume and it becomes all the same. Well, technically nothing prevents Matsui from breaking his cover pattern, but it would still be strange after two covers like that. But it still remains a very interesting choice a cover , and they might look cool with a more interesting choice of colors (Korosensei also supposedly has an unlimited color variation possibilities). And even keeping the smiley face design it's not only limited to basic color changes, Korosensei can create patterns or images with his face by changing his skin color, there are some interesting things like the half-wrong half-correct face in the latest chapter Raw and having an image of a human face, so the covers can start simple but then get more elaborate if Matsui incorporates some funny ideas for strange faces in that direction, and the covers might become something to look forward to instead of seeming repetitive (if Matsui's imagination doesn't betray us) .

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfAniManga View Post

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

And is that Korosensei chewing/eating a cup of tea in this page?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible to make great covers with a minimalist design. Again look at Punpun ones.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree too, of course. A minimalist cover design can be very good, and its peculiarity suits AC well too. I didn't mean to disagree with that with my previous post, but I do have some mixed feelings about the choice of continuing these covers. Like I had concluded in my previous post, it's a very interesting choice, as expected of Matsui's eccentricity, but I still don't know if it's a wise one. I'm not speaking of the first few volumes, but I fear it will become too repetitive if, suppose, it gets thirty volumes like that, or even just fifteen. Like Googlez said, it's nothing new anymore, the effect of Matsui surprising us is gone. By which I mean that looking at all the covers as a whole, it will be a very interesting group, I’m sure about that, but individually, each new cover won't be as interesting, it will not be something to really look forward to (and we also know that in shonen covers like this are more risky than in seinen like Punpun, because kids can base their opinion on if the cover looks flashy much more than adults - which is why Matsui's choice is also bold, it's kind of like a gamble). So maybe I didn't express myself totally well, I fully support the decision of making covers in this direction and I think it's great Matsui once again proved he can get away from the standard and be distinctive, but rather I was criticizing the fact that I think Matsui cut-off his room for maneuver while trying to be innovative, since I feel he had the imagination to surprise us at each new volume and not just with the first initial choice, and keeping such an inflexible pattern permanently might eliminate such a possibility, and leave behind some unexplored potential.

Of course, that doesn't mean I would dislike it like that, it just means I think I could have liked it more. And again of course, it's not a given that it will turn out to make me think that, so I'm still uncertain.
    And then I guess it's also a matter of personal opinion .
    Last edited by MangaPage; December 22, 2012 at 12:43 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the editor of Ansatsu?
    http://www.shonenjump.com/j/sp_jf2013/

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FKM View Post
    This is the editor of Ansatsu?
    http://www.shonenjump.com/j/sp_jf2013/
    Yes, I assume he is. There is even a lame pun about Christmas "Merry Korosumas" . The event looks very fun.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast