Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HalcyonDigest's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Quote Originally Posted by MangaPage View Post
    That's a good idea, but just how many students do you think will resist to the temptation of 10 billion yen? It might happen after some time, once the students are attached to the teacher, but I don't expect that kind of development so soon. And don't forget they feel rejected because they're in class E and they see this as their only opportunity to be aknowledged by others. So for the moment I don't think they will want to befriend him.

"Sensei, would you mind not destroying the Earth? That would be very kind of you"
    That could also be used in favor of siding with the teacher. So far the only one who has really accepted them is the teacher.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to know more about the girl with pigtails. Come on, Matsui, you can flesh her out a bit more!

That suspended student is an excellent addition to the cast. I do feel its a bit rushed, but I think the premise is bizarre enough that it makes sense. I also like how Karasuma wants to help the kids train. He's focused, but he's not heartless, which I find rare in secret agent kind of characters.

I really am enjoying how Korosensei uses his speed all the time. Its a very simple yet amazing advantage to have.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I was had. I though at first,
    does this go in a GTO direction ?

The answer :
    Clearly NO !

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MangaPage's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read chap. 5, and I’m starting to like AC more and more. Karma is really cool, a good introduction in the manga, although I didn’t really like when Korosensei fell for all his tricks, but in the end he regained control and I guess those bits were necessary to make Karma stand out.
    The only thing I don’t find good is Nagisa. He’s supposed to be the MC, but he’s way too normal, doesn’t stand out at all compared with Karma and octopus-sensei.

Quote Originally Posted by HalcyonDigest View Post
    That could also be used in favor of siding with the teacher. So far the only one who has really accepted them is the teacher.
    That’s a good point. Anyway, I also think some students will befriend him, I’m just saying it’s too soon for that to happen.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watch the raw of chapter 6 and can say: matsui has not lost artistic touch i really like this manga!!!!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest chapter is out. http://www.batoto.net/read/_/122331/..._ch6_by_utopia

Spoiler show

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HalcyonDigest's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like this new character, thought he was gonna be added in a much more villanous way, but Korosensei quickly got to him. The question is, where will this go? Will it go in a Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei way and just be an episodic slice of life that is strangely bizarre? Or will there at some point be some more concrete plotlines and arcs be introduced? I'm alright with it both ways, but it's the main question in my mind right now.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the story is bound to get into longer arcs. The author really wants to focus on the prejudice the rest of the school has with class E.

I'm still waiting for a "regular" female character to show up, but until then the manga has been great to read. This chapter was really neat. I really liked how Korosensei handled Karma's problem. Now Karma can work on his assassination attempts with a more refreshing attitude!

Spoiler show

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree the arc should last a bit longer. After catching up with the latest chapter, the flow of the story has been good so far, I don't think the story is rushed or anything.

Karma-kun is my fav character now, I thought he was going to antagonize Nagisa as well, but it seems they have a good relationship.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The last AC chapters have become even better. I thought Karma would be more of a bad guy, but after reading this chapter it turns out he is just an intelligent student with some perturbations, but nice in reality. Before I thought there might be a reason for him and Nagisa getting along well, but now I think it’s just natural (though when he started talking about Korosensei risking his life for his students, I seriously thought he was going to shoot at Nagisa hoping he would protect her and receive the bullet instead, but yeah I forgot the bullets aren’t dangerous for students). And that part about Korosensei saying every time Karma would try to assassinate him he would polish him (his skill) more was a joke about getting him better and also literally polishing him like he did with his nails, right? I just realized that.

I would prefer if it wouldn’t get too episodic, I think it will continue like this for a few chapters and then start becoming composed of ~5 chapter arcs. More near the end it might have a bit longer arcs, but I don’t see it having really long ones.

Quote Originally Posted by fkm789 View Post
    I just watch the raw of chapter 6 and can say: matsui has not
    lost artistic touch i really like this manga!!!!
    Yeah I agree, his art was already good in the time of Neuro, it wasn’t technically perfect but it was very expressive, and now I think it has gotten even better. For me, its art is currently one of the best in WSJ.
    Last edited by MangaPage; August 09, 2012 at 07:20 PM.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone made Korosensei chibi dolls:

14. Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the manga is really recent and it’s already getting things like that. And on WSJ ToCs it’s being placed high although it’s supposedly not ranked yet… It seems to be doing very well.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixiv has pretty much exploded with fanart and the like since it came out. Someone made cookies, another drew Korosensei smiley faces on their marbles, there's already tentacle doujinshi being sold at Comiket too. If it gets cancelled, you can't say it didn't have a fandom.

Oh, and cosplay:
    source

source
    Last edited by Teeba; August 12, 2012 at 05:12 AM.

18. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Now when you say tentacle doujinshi, wha It looks like is gotten really popular really fast. I wonder if there is some unspoken hatred for teachers in Japan that's making this manga so popular lol.
    please click on them to help them grow.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's just the genius character design. Making fanart, which is a key to popularity, is very simple. Just take a circle or a ball, draw a face on it and tadaa. I don't know if it's the quality of the manga or the character Korosensei, but Matsui did a good job.

Also tentacles.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast