Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/113691/...2_by_utopia/12
    Just look at that curve! Nagisa is definitely a girl!
    Huhu this is the second time. First one was kurapika (whom i still believe a girl)

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked that second chapter, but I get the feeling that Matsui is laying on the speed thing a little too strong.

Sure, the gags that come with it are funny for now, but sooner or later he's going to have to give it up or else things will get repetitive. Yeah, it's too early to be saying this kind of thing, but still.

But Nagisa being a trap will probably never get old.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhuuhu finally a new serie by matsui, i loved neuro the plot the characters and of course the art the style of matsui pretty good i hope we canse more covers like in neuro (for example that copy of the beatles album was awesome)

now for the series looks interesnting a octopus teacher who wants to teach a bad students something about thmeselves ans maybe something more , is obvius that nagisa is a boy just by looking, but well better wait what comes

The raw for third chapter show a new assassin

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter two was strangely uplifting. I'm not sure how else to describe it. Korosensei is a very good teacher, despite the tentacles. He really would do anything for his students.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I would never have guessed seing an Onisuka with tentacles...
    No worries that this serie will be successful, it has all the good ingredients. And i don't fear repetition, i didn't read neuro but a mangaka who wrote mysteries should be able to handle that

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

korosensei was the one to clean the remains of sicks:

Spoiler show

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Read the first three chapters and it has potential but it needs to go full speed ahead, it can't be dragged out in any way.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that a joke on the mac 20 thing or do you mean something in particular ? It's not because it is a year plot that it can't be dragged.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a curious new series. Nagisa has some fun qualities, but I'm not that drawn in by the series. As Jammin said, the series is a bit pigeonholed into this Assassination Classroom idea, which, while good, has certain drawbacks. The speed thing needs to stop being the focus of every bit.

---------- Post added July 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was July 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM ----------

Chapter 4 arrives. http://www.mangareader.net/assassination-classroom/4

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The fourth chapter is probably the one I enjoyed the most so far, mainly because of Karasuma and the new student - both seem like a nice add to the cast. While the training is nothing special it was nice to see him in action and him beating the kids was well-done. I enjoyed the interactions between Karasuma and Korosensei a lot too, seems like a nice teacher combo

Not much to say about the new student yet but I was pretty excited when he actually managed to harm Korosensei twice. For the first time it looked like Korosensei actually was concerned about himself.

I'm enjoying the manga more than I thought, its weirdness is a very strong point.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MangaPage's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting and promising new series. So far I am enjoying it. The concept is original, but it could get a bit repetitive if its only about new assassination plans every time (like others said). For the first chapters it won't be a problem, but it will eventually lose its freshness as a new series and Matsui has to think of something so readers won't get bored of it by chapters 20-30. Maybe a big plot twist, or another thing that will let the series move a little bit away from the assassination theme. If that problem is intelligently dealt with, I feel this will become a very popular series.

Putting a supernatural nearly-invincible creature in what would be a normal school setting gives Matsui the opportunity to use his strange humor and create a weird atmosphere, which is one of his strong points. Still, I think the series resembles Neuro too much. I like it also because of that, but I wonder if it will be good for its popularity.

Chapter 4 was a good read. I like the new character. I guess the next few chapters will focus more in him, and we will get to know more about him. Seeing how he is (violent and such), I thought Nagisa would be afraid of him, but he greeted him like a friend. I wonder if there is an actual reason for that. I would also like to know more about Korosensei's past, but we will probably know more about it as the series advances.

I'm curious about how the series will end. Will they just kill Korosensei, and that's it? I imagine by that time readers will be attached to him, since he is the only supernatural character in the series. The author also can't let him destroy earth. Maybe after all that Korosensei won't want to destroy earth anymore, that would be more natural for a shounen manga, but then it is possible that a new villain will be introduced, that would be a good way of making the series last longer. I just hope it doesn't become more like a battle manga.

So far chapters are very good and it has potential. I'm looking forward to chapter 5.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MangaPage View Post
    I'm curious about how the series will end. Will they just kill Korosensei, and that's it? I imagine by that time readers will be attached to him, since he is the only supernatural character in the series. The author also can't let him destroy earth. Maybe after all that Korosensei won't want to destroy earth anymore, that would be more natural for a shounen manga, but then it is possible that a new villain will be introduced, that would be a good way of making the series last longer. I just hope it doesn't become more like a battle manga.
    Unless the series bombs, and I highly doubt that'll happen, I don't think it'll end with just Korosensei getting killed or Korosensei destroying the earth. There was a small flashback that will most definitely develop into a backstory explaining what inspired him to teach a class as opposed to just doing away with the earth immediately. Having read Neuro, it shouldn't become too much of a battle manga. It's probably going to turn out like Neuro vs X, more a mental than a physical battle.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; July 25, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfAniManga View Post
    Unless the series bombs, and I highly doubt that'll happen, I don't think it'll end with just Korosensei getting killed or Korosensei destroying the earth. There was a small flashback that will most definitely develop into a backstory explaining what inspired him to teach a class as opposed to just doing away with the earth immediately. Having read Neuro, it shouldn't become too much of a battle manga. It's probably going to turn out like Neuro vs X, more a mental than a physical battle.
    I actually agree with you. When I asked if it would just end with Korosensei getting killed or destroying the earth, my meaning was that I thought that wouldn't happen. My point was that it's interesting how, although the series is, so far, only about students trying to assassinate him, the endings the story seems to indicate/lead to (the students succeeding or failing) would probably be unsatisfying. That's why I think there might be a change in the story, or a plot twist, and it won't be about assassinating Korosensei.

Well, anyway, that's just a possibility, and I know it's too soon to be talking about an ending (unless it gets cancelled soon, which I doubt). I just wanted to attract the attention towards the ending, since normally manga that have an initial goal shown right in the first chapters have a predictable ending (like it’s probable Luffy will become pirate king and Naruto hokage), and to say that the story might change further into the series.

And yeah, about changing into battle manga, I meant to say «I hope it won’t be forced to change into a battle manga (due to unpopularity)» (I know that the author doesn’t want that with his manga). Oh, and since we’re talking about genre change, I also want to say that, although the plot is in some ways restricting, it still allows the series to change between a comedy-style slice-of-life and a serious manga with mental battles, and even a typical battle manga if it needs to.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

With the new character introduced, I think we will have 2 types of students. The ones who will want to kill him until the end and those who will somehow befriend him and try to change his objective to destroy the Earth.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    With the new character introduced, I think we will have 2 types of students. The ones who will want to kill him until the end and those who will somehow befriend him and try to change his objective to destroy the Earth.
    That's a good idea, but just how many students do you think will resist to the temptation of 10 billion yen? It might happen after some time, once the students are attached to the teacher, but I don't expect that kind of development so soon. And don't forget they feel rejected because they're in class E and they see this as their only opportunity to be aknowledged by others. So for the moment I don't think they will want to befriend him.

"Sensei, would you mind not destroying the Earth? That would be very kind of you"

New Reply
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast