Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 138

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

  1. #1
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    I don't see us getting translations anytime soon, so no point in waiting with this. Let's work with what we have.


    Chapter 81 RAW
    Chapter 82 RAW
    Chapter 83 RAW

    From what I can tell:
    -the actual score seems to be 6-6 at the time we left off last chapter and match point for the MSers
    -Mouri does indeed dislocate his shoulder to return the shot
    -the ball makes it over the net, but Niou returns it
    -2nd String wins 7-6, 0-6, 7-6 and Atobe and Niou get the No. 9 and 10 badges
    -the next match is Duke vs Gin
    -it seems that Duke wins easily (so not all HSers are getting replaced it seems?)
    -next time: Kite/Marui vs Kimijima/Tohno for the No. 7 and 8 spots

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    It's nice that the match finished, I was getting worried, I tought the match would go into an unfinishable tiebreak, but I'm glad that Niou got the final point and that Atobe/Niou are members of the Genius 10. Like Atobe went to the seats were the first stringers are standing, we will probably see more MS doing that after winning.

    Also, I find pretty weird that Duke plays already, because Kaoz, if the international order is D3 -- S3 -- D2 --- S2 --- D1 --- S1, and Duke's playing in S3, then S2 might be Tanegashima and S1 Byodouin, with D2 being Kimijima/Tohno and D1 Oomagari/Oni, Ryoga plays in the reserve position?

    Altough Duke's match was rushed, at least we know that he just overpowered and crushed Gin and that he has a shot even stronger than 108th Hadoukyuu and Danji No Haru, so that's a scary shot. I find interesting the part where Kirihara pointed something, like he's saying that his shot was so powerful that broke something of the net. So, clearly, not every HS is going to be replaced.

    And finally, as we predicted, Marui/Kite vs Kimijima/Tohno will be very interesting. Tohno will be like a stronger version of Kite, and Kimijima probably the Genius 10 volley specialist, like Marui, is also called Genius Boy. I just hope that the match isn't that much longer than Ochi/Mouri's match, but since they're an stronger pair, for sure they will give a very hard time to Marui/Kite.

  4. #3
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Like Atobe went to the seats were the first stringers are standing, we will probably see more MS doing that after winning.
    I'm very much interested in the dialogue for this part actually. From the panels it seems to me like he's basically "Screw you guys, I'm over here now". Ryoma and Kintarou seem surprised by him not returning to the rest of the MSers at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Also, I find pretty weird that Duke plays already, because Kaoz, if the international order is D3 -- S3 -- D2 --- S2 --- D1 --- S1, and Duke's playing in S3, then S2 might be Tanegashima and S1 Byodouin, with D2 being Kimijima/Tohno and D1 Oomagari/Oni, Ryoga plays in the reserve position?
    Yes. Of course I might be wrong, but it seems like a convenient excuse for Konomi to have Ryoga's match as the last one, and as it seems like the opponents were made to specifically mirror each others' playstyles, Ryoma is much more likely opponent for Ryoga than I originally thought. If he is, Ryoma vs Ryoga seems to be likely to be the last match instead of somewhere in the middle imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    And finally, as we predicted, Marui/Kite vs Kimijima/Tohno will be very interesting. Tohno will be like a stronger version of Kite, and Kimijima probably the Genius 10 volley specialist, like Marui, is also called Genius Boy. I just hope that the match isn't that much longer than Ochi/Mouri's match, but since they're an stronger pair, for sure they will give a very hard time to Marui/Kite.
    I don't really get why Marui plays here instead of Fuji tbh. It's clear that he's the counterpart to Kimijima, whereas Kite is the counterpart to Tohno, but at least to me it seems like Fuji would be more associated with the genius title than Marui. Also, it's pretty likely that Fuji will get a spot in the top 20 and I don't really know where to put him if he doesn't play in this match.

  5. #4
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    thanks for the new chapter!

    Atobe and Niou winning. its to be expected. (yes of course, they struggled a life and death situation in their match, they deserve to win.)
    i just lold for those who were thinking that their match would end up with a tie breaker. It's just delaying the inevitable win for atobe/niou.
    9 and 10 got beaten and ddn't showcased any unfathomable ability. I now get the feeling that they are just reserve in case the top 8 has any injury or is away what a fail. which i think would be revealed in upcoming chapter, inorder to hype again the top 8 or the top 5. yeah, the typical manga excuses.


    then we saw duke playing. that was really unexpected. poor Gin 1shotted and sent flying.
    base from the past, He never got any improvement, so he's the best candidate to be fodderized.

    on the other hand, the next match seems to be so exciting. Tohno and the genius guy vs. Marui and kite. (poor jackal)
    my thoughts for this match, we will really see violence here. Tohno and Kite. Kite for the win! (show us the power of okinawa!) lol
    Marui i dont like him. He never amaze me. he's just like akuto from hyotei. oh why marui? you shouldve chose fuji instead.
    but i get the feeling this MS doubles pair would lose. I just dont like their team up.
    Last edited by Vanillaicecream; July 03, 2012 at 06:24 AM.

  6. #5
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    As much as I love Fuji (hence the name and pic XD) I reckon Marui should play instead of Fuji this time. Kite and Marui seem to go well together, Kite with his great defense with Shukuchihou and Marui with good offense at the net with Myougi. If Fuji replaced Marui, Fuji doesn't have many techniques at the net, he is a counter puncher, known for outstanding defensive play at the baseline. Although I do agree the Genius title does suit Fuji more than Marui, I don't see, from a practical viewpoint, why Fuji should play.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  7. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Yes. Of course I might be wrong, but it seems like a convenient excuse for Konomi to have Ryoga's match as the last one, and as it seems like the opponents were made to specifically mirror each others' playstyles, Ryoma is much more likely opponent for Ryoga than I originally thought. If he is, Ryoma vs Ryoga seems to be likely to be the last match instead of somewhere in the middle imo.

    I don't really get why Marui plays here instead of Fuji tbh. It's clear that he's the counterpart to Kimijima, whereas Kite is the counterpart to Tohno, but at least to me it seems like Fuji would be more associated with the genius title than Marui. Also, it's pretty likely that Fuji will get a spot in the top 20 and I don't really know where to put him if he doesn't play in this match.

    Yeah, also that made me believe if Fuji will play an stonger player. He's the most popular character in Shin, based on the SPOT polls, yet he has to get any screentime here, so Konomi may surprise us and put him against a top 5, for example, and of course make him win.

    If the system than you mentioned is wrong, and Oomagari and Oni play singles respectively, Fuji could play against Oomagari, he won't have any chances of winning against Oni at all (or yes). I just want to see a Fuji who improved dramatically after his match with Tezuka and getting a spot on the Genius 10.

    Ryoma will play against Ryoga, that's for sure. Every MS has played against a HS that uses the same style. So we might see Ryoma vs Ryoga in the final match of the Genius 10 matches, that, or Ryoga plays Yukimura and Tokugawa gets badly beaten and fails to get his revenge, Byodouin grants the MS a second chance, Ryoma gets in and defeats him, but I prefer Ryoma vs Ryoga all the way.

    And if that happens, Sanada will clearly face Tanegashima after this match, that match is going to be veeeeery long, but we'll finally see Black Aura on action and what it does, and see if Shuuji can overcome it or not.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; July 03, 2012 at 06:34 AM.

  8. #7
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    If the system than you mentioned is wrong, and Oomagari and Oni play singles respectively, Fuji could play against Oomagari, he won't have any chances of winning against Oni at all (or yes). I just want to see a Fuji who improved dramatically after his match with Tezuka and getting a spot on the Genius 10.
    Yeah, of course the situation is a bit different if I'm wrong about the order. Assuming I'm correct though, I don't really see who he'd play except if Tokugawa didn't play and Sanada faced Byodouin, then we'd have Fuji vs Tanegashima.

    I'd be pretty disappointed though if that happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    And if that happens, Sanada will clearly face Tanegashima after this match, that match is going to be veeeeery long, but we'll finally see Black Aura on action and what it does, and see if Shuuji can overcome it or not.
    Pretty much. The thing is that Sanada is more or less guaranteed a spot, so not sure how much room there is for him to lose.

    What's everyone's opinion on Duke? Will he stay or be replaced, and if he's replaced, by who?

    Spoiler: Long term predictions show


    Unlikely that it'll happen exactly like that, but oh well.

  9. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    I just don't think Ryoga will draw or give Ryoma a win, that's very unlikely, Ryoma will win in the end.

  10. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,352
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    It certainly feels weird if Duke get replace. Having someone play a full 3 set match and ANOTHER 3 set match is pretty draining. Atobe and Niou aren't winning against many other if they would be playing right away right now.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  11. #10
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    It certainly feels weird if Duke get replace. Having someone play a full 3 set match and ANOTHER 3 set match is pretty draining. Atobe and Niou aren't winning against many other if they would be playing right away right now.
    I don't know how exhausted can he be after just KOing Gin after a while...

    I don't think it would be fair either, but I don't really want Duke staying... many things will probably be slightly illogical, or I don't know how the final 1st string will look like. Byoudin or, anyone in top 10 could just replace the other, weaker characters in 11-20, etc


    ex oriente lux

  12. #11
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    @Kaoz, you realistically think that Marui/Kite have a chance against Tohno/Kimijima?
    Even though Atobe/Niou got drubbed and survived to due to plot power against Ochi?

    ---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    I don't think it would be fair either, but I don't really want Duke staying... many things will probably be slightly illogical, or I don't know how the final 1st string will look like. Byoudin or, anyone in top 10 could just replace the other, weaker characters in 11-20, etc
    This has become so unpredictable...
    If Black Aura is what we think it is, then Sanada is the new Tezuka and he needs to be in the Top 3.
    Yet we have Tokugawa, Tanegashima, Ryoma, Byoudouin... I dont know anymore...

    I also imagined that these Top 10 HSers could just go and kick the asses of No.s 12-19.
    No.s 11 and 20 are Yukimura and Irie. They arent getting their asses kicked by anyone realistically.

  13. #12
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    @Kaoz, you realistically think that Marui/Kite have a chance against Tohno/Kimijima?
    Even though Atobe/Niou got drubbed and survived to due to plot power against Ochi?
    And that's it. Tohno is a violent player, and it's very hard to imagine that he will defeat Kite, who should demonstrate how playing "fair" is better, as he was "taught" by Tezuka... But if that should happen, the logical outcome is Kite/Marui winning, and them winning even though Atobe and Niou just somehow, barely, won... and they would be even higher than those two...
    That's one of the things which make me hate the pick for this match /shrug


    ex oriente lux

  14. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,352
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    And that's it. Tohno is a violent player, and it's very hard to imagine that he will defeat Kite, who should demonstrate how playing "fair" is better, as he was "taught" by Tezuka... But if that should happen, the logical outcome is Kite/Marui winning, and them winning even though Atobe and Niou just somehow, barely, won... and they would be even higher than those two...
    That's one of the things which make me hate the pick for this match /shrug
    I'm pretty sure Konomi just want to use Atobe and Niou popularity to start off the match. And power level in SPoT hardly make sense anymore.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  15. #14
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    @Kaoz, you realistically think that Marui/Kite have a chance against Tohno/Kimijima?
    Even though Atobe/Niou got drubbed and survived to due to plot power against Ochi?
    I think that if Atobe and Niou had been able to use Synchro from the beginning, the result would have been like 6-2, 6-1. So yeah, if Marui and Kite got a good enough upgrade, I don't think it's unrealistic to say they'll win.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I'm pretty sure Konomi just want to use Atobe and Niou popularity to start off the match. And power level in SPoT hardly make sense anymore.
    I would go away from saying that the 2nd String line-up itself directly indicates anything about power levels. It's more that players with similar styles get matched up to go against each other, and that doesn't necessarily mean that the 2nd Stringers that play against No. 7/8 are better than the ones that played against No. 9/10.

  16. #15
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Grin Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    And that's it. Tohno is a violent player, and it's very hard to imagine that he will defeat Kite, who should demonstrate how playing "fair" is better, as he was "taught" by Tezuka... But if that should happen, the logical outcome is Kite/Marui winning, and them winning even though Atobe and Niou just somehow, barely, won... and they would be even higher than those two...
    That's one of the things which make me hate the pick for this match /shrug
    For me, i really don't think it works that way. "The higher the ranked obtained > than the lower ranked obtained"
    seems logical but doesnt apply in these matches. what you are implying is that Niou> than Yuki now cause he's only ranked 10. or Momoshiro > Irie based on our rankings. I think konomi just not sticking on his rankings but the drama/issues on the match to make it more exciting and more dramatic. like Tezuka played singles two because yamato was there (seigaku history). Atobe against Ochi who led his team to nationals. and still more to come.

    who knows tohno might be from okinawa.

New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts