Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillaicecream View Post
    For me, i really don't think it works that way. "The higher the ranked obtained > than the lower ranked obtained"
    seems logical but doesnt apply in these matches. what you are implying is that Niou> than Yuki now cause he's only ranked 10. or Momoshiro > Irie based on our rankings. I think konomi just not sticking on his rankings but the drama/issues on the match to make it more exciting and more dramatic. like Tezuka played singles two because yamato was there (seigaku history). Atobe against Ochi who led his team to nationals. and still more to come.

who knows tohno might be from okinawa.
    No, having a higher rank doesn't mean that you're stronger. Even if Tohno is No.8, nothing suggests that he can defeat Ochi.

Atobe would wipe Mouri in singles, even if Tohno/Kimijima are higher ranked, that doesn't mean that they're better. If Niou/Atobe had synchro, then Ochi/Mouri would have lost by far, 6-2. If Kite/Marui get an upgrade, for sure they'll win.

Also, Duke is higher ranked than Oni, yet, for me, Oni>Duke. Or Tanegashima for example, yes he's for sure a beast and No.2, but that doesn't prevent him of losing against Sanada, for example. All that matters is skill and how strong the player is, not ranks.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillaicecream View Post
    For me, i really don't think it works that way. "The higher the ranked obtained > than the lower ranked obtained"
    seems logical but doesnt apply in these matches. what you are implying is that Niou> than Yuki now cause he's only ranked 10. or Momoshiro > Irie based on our rankings. I think konomi just not sticking on his rankings but the drama/issues on the match to make it more exciting and more dramatic. like Tezuka played singles two because yamato was there (seigaku history). Atobe against Ochi who led his team to nationals. and still more to come.

who knows tohno might be from okinawa.
    I relate to what your saying.

but I reckon we would have noticed in his dialect by now.
    Sai, Kaoz and Brandnewkid would probably mention if he talks differently.
    I understand that the Okinawa prefecture talk with a very different accent to Kanto Region and most of Japan.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

For me, my main issue is such an exciting yet makeshift pair like Kite/Marui should have been used during the No.11-20 section.
    Instead of us getting things like Momoshiro/Oshitari. K. pair.
    I feel at such a crucial stage in deciding the Top 10, we maybe should see the Data Pair, or two Wings of Kyushu or any other pair who was renowned in Part I.
    The time for makeshift pairs was the Team Shuffle. Konomi screwed up and missed that window and decided to rush the plot with masses of Few Page Wins.

I just want to know, is everyone pleased with the format of constant Doubles matches?? Im sick of it personally.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he does doubles because it allows him to put more characters on screen. That's all. Maybe the solution is for the players to start developing more crazy moves at the point that rackets just get breaked no matter what, serves bury into the ground, thus can't be returned. At that point players decide that tennis isn't worth it anymore and all move into soccer, so we can have up to 22 players at the same time.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fosprey View Post
    I think he does doubles because it allows him to put more characters on screen. That's all. Maybe the solution is for the players to start developing more crazy moves at the point that rackets just get breaked no matter what, serves bury into the ground, thus can't be returned. At that point players decide that tennis isn't worth it anymore and all move into soccer, so we can have up to 22 players at the same time.
    Most logical explanation I can think of.
    Just want to see Black Aura right now. Would have enjoyed Marui and Kite some other time earlier.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get the match makings in this manga Irie was no.3 of 2 string and face no.20 of 1 string.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    No, having a higher rank doesn't mean that you're stronger. Even if Tohno is No.8, nothing suggests that he can defeat Ochi.

Atobe would wipe Mouri in singles, even if Tohno/Kimijima are higher ranked, that doesn't mean that they're better. If Niou/Atobe had synchro, then Ochi/Mouri would have lost by far, 6-2. If Kite/Marui get an upgrade, for sure they'll win.

Also, Duke is higher ranked than Oni, yet, for me, Oni>Duke. Or Tanegashima for example, yes he's for sure a beast and No.2, but that doesn't prevent him of losing against Sanada, for example. All that matters is skill and how strong the player is, not ranks.
    nothing suggests tohno > ochi i agree on that.
    but if your going to ditched the rankings and forget about the ranking power/skill scales that the author has hyped so much.
    then you are simply saying that ochi might be > than tanegishima. which is flawed.
    The higher the rank in g10 meaning the stronger you are than the low ranked. we have this kind of format from the past, like the 1st court(Tokugawa) to the last court(Mizuki lol i just dont know.).

And about Tohno, we are just about to see what he can do, and for sure He will be greater and skilled than ochi or mouri no doubt about that.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I relate to what your saying.

but I reckon we would have noticed in his dialect by now.
    Sai, Kaoz and Brandnewkid would probably mention if he talks differently.
    I understand that the Okinawa prefecture talk with a very different accent to Kanto Region and most of Japan.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

For me, my main issue is such an exciting yet makeshift pair like Kite/Marui should have been used during the No.11-20 section.
    Instead of us getting things like Momoshiro/Oshitari. K. pair.
    I feel at such a crucial stage in deciding the Top 10, we maybe should see the Data Pair, or two Wings of Kyushu or any other pair who was renowned in Part I.
    The time for makeshift pairs was the Team Shuffle. Konomi screwed up and missed that window and decided to rush the plot with masses of Few Page Wins.

I just want to know, is everyone pleased with the format of constant Doubles matches?? Im sick of it personally.
    yes, i agree on that. Marui/Kite pair from nowhere pair. it should have been better if Data pair or wings of kyushu pair played against them. now i get the feeling that they wont be given any screen time because of so many middle schoolers and few high schoolers.
    we only have 6 players left to play from 2nd stringersl and if we do the counting,
    Ryoma, Sanada, Fuji, Kaidoh, Toku and most likely Yuki or Akutsu. the all time favorites leaving the golden pair silver pair and other great Msers to the sidelines.
    Last edited by Vanillaicecream; July 03, 2012 at 08:40 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    To be honest, while I would like to see either of those two again, it feels to me like Konomi is pretty much done with them at this point. Both of those pairs had a minor appearance which I fear was mostly an attempt to give the fans something, while at the same time saying "I didn't forget about these guys, but they don't cut it for the top level" (especially given the way their matches went). Pretty much the same reason why we have people like Yuuta in the camp.

While I would like to be proven wrong on this since I like both of those pairs, I think the pairs we will see from now on will be mostly makeshift ones that result in a stronger combination because of one thing or another. The only reason why I'm expecting GP and Momoshiro/Kaidou, is that they are all Seigaku members and will be kept around longer because of that, a benefit the others don't have.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As the person who just wrote his own PoT story, let me say why I think the best outcome for Sanada is to play against someone we already know as opposed to Shuuji:

[If Shuuji]

Outcome 1: Shuuji will show off any abilities or techniques, then Sanada uses Black Aura to win.
    Outcome 2: Sanada uses Black Aura to begin with, Shuuji is utterly defeated.
    Outcome 3: Sanada uses Black Aura to begin with, Shuuji slowly becomes on par with it.

[If not Shuuji]

Outcome 1: Sanada uses Black Aura to counter any abilities and win.

I wanted to write this out because I know if I were writing the match, it would be difficult to implement a Sanada vs Shuuji match without having Shuuji either look like fodder, or giving Sanada absolutely no reason to not use Black Aura to begin with. The former isn't good, and the latter is out of character. However, if Sanada played against someone like Oni, who we already know his abilities, it would be much easier to have Black Aura in the spotlight rather than having the spotlight shared with new techniques from the other side too.
    Last edited by Fayte; July 04, 2012 at 09:29 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    As the person who just wrote his own PoT story, let me say why I think the best outcome for Sanada is to play against someone we already know as opposed to Shuuji:

[If Shuuji]

Outcome 1: Shuuji will show off any abilities or techniques, then Sanada uses Black Aura to win.
    Outcome 2: Sanada uses Black Aura to begin with, Shuuji is utterly defeated.
    Outcome 3: Sanada uses Black Aura to begin with, Shuuji slowly becomes on par with it.

[If not Shuuji]

Outcome 1: Sanada uses Black Aura to counter any abilities and win.

I wanted to write this out because I know if I were writing the match, it would be difficult to implement a Sanada vs Shuuji match without having Shuuji either look like fodder, or giving Sanada absolutely no reason to not use Black Aura to begin with. The former isn't good, and the latter is out of character. However, if Sanada played against someone like Oni, who we already know his abilities, it would be much easier to have Black Aura in the spotlight rather than having the spotlight shared with new techniques from the other side too.
    That's exactly what I think. If Sanada uses Black Aura, I don't see a way for Shuuji to being able to overcome it, I just think that Sanada uses all of his techniques, somehow Shuuji returns them, Sanada activates BA and uses even upgraded versions of his FuuRinKaInZanRai and some crazy shot and Shuuji gets destroyed.

Or he gets used to it, but I see that as a possibility since I don't think Konomi will fodder No.2 of All-Japan.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I wanted to write this out because I know if I were writing the match, it would be difficult to implement a Sanada vs Shuuji match without having Shuuji either look like fodder, or giving Sanada absolutely no reason to not use Black Aura to begin with. The former isn't good, and the latter is out of character.
    Why would the latter be out of character? Also in what match would you put Sanada (you mentioned Oni, but I can't tell whether it's only an example)?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Why would the latter be out of character? Also in what match would you put Sanada (you mentioned Oni, but I can't tell whether it's only an example)?
    It would be out of character because Sanada always overwhelms his opponent by going all out to begin with. Proof of this is when he used Rai against Nagoya singles 1 fodder, using FuuRinKaInZanRai against Yukimura to start, and when the loser camp returned, Sanada shows Black Aura to a bunch of fodder. To show Sanada not using Black Aura would be out of character for that reason.

Oni is the best example I have right now, as I can't think of anyone better. Not only that, but I think it is highly possible that he will play Oni because of the pair puri Oni quote. I think it is more possible that Sanada will play him over Shuuji.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

yet he didn't use Rai in vs Echizen (something i will never get over it)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fosprey View Post
    yet he didn't use Rai in vs Echizen (something i will never get over it)
    Because he want to save it for his match vs Tezuka, as he don't want Tezuka to have time to find counter to Rai and In. That's why he seal them off.

But it DOES feel pretty off characters for him.

But I don't think it'll be too off character if he didn't use black aura from the beginning of the match. He doesn't use Muga for the last point of Kantou, doesn't he?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Could please someone write here who currently holds the 20 regular positions?
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    Could please someone write here who currently holds the 20 regular positions?
    Sure.

No. 1 Byoudouin
    No. 2 Tanegashima
    No. 3 Duke
    No. 4 Ryoga
    No. 5 Oni
    No. 6 Ohmagari
    No. 7 Kimijima
    No. 8 Tohno
    No. 9 Atobe (most likely Atobe has the No. 9 badge due to Ochi [the Hyoutei player, and Atobe's opponent, being the No. 9])
    No. 10 Niou
    No. 11 Yukimura
    No. 12 Kawamura
    No. 13 Empty once Kabaji was sent home (possibly will be given to Akutsu, or perhaps Fuji depending on how things work out)
    No. 14 Kintarou
    No. 15 Oishi
    No. 16 Niou vacated the spot (Probably will be given to Kikumaru)
    No. 17 Renji (Inui gave him the badge)
    No. 18 Momoshiro
    No. 19 Kenya
    No. 20 Irie

New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast