Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

Here are some thoughts of mine about the conversation thus far:

On the topic of Bunta and Kite, I for one love the pair. I know I am unorthodox in saying that, but think about it. Kite is the PERFECT person for a base-liner. The guy has the freaking shukuchi and he is a captain. That automatically makes him expanses better than Jackal. And, Bunta is unrivaled (or have you all forgotten?) when it comes to net-play. I disagree with the majority in that I believe Konomi was very discerning when making this pair, as they can't complement each other any better.

On the topic of Oni/Ohmagari, like I said, I can see why people choose Akutsu to combat Oni (as the two had beef with one another since the beginning), but there is absolutely no tie to Kaidoh when it comes to Ohmagari. People say "Well Kaidoh is going to be the new captain of Seigaku and-" yeah well so is Hiyoshi, and I don't see anybody claiming to put him in the top 10. Just because they are future captains does not mean they have the skills to step up to that position currently and be on par with everyone else.

Also, I may be alone on this but I would like to see a Fuji/Kirihara pair. It would be cool seeing two rivals play together. However, both of them are best in singles so I dunno.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Fayte, I wanted to see Chitose/Fuji face Kimijima/Tohno, but that didn't happen.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Fayte, I wanted to see Chitose/Fuji face Kimijima/Tohno, but that didn't happen.
    If anything, I see Tohno as the highschool version of Kirihara. That much is pretty blatant, so because of that, I'm betting on a match between the two (or at least a connection).

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    If anything, I see Tohno as the highschool version of Kirihara. That much is pretty blatant, so because of that, I'm betting on a match between the two (or at least a connection).
    Yes, I agree with that sentiment, which is why it's Fuji who should face Tohno, as a rematch of Fuji vs Akaya. Kimijima's a genius, and Chitose was the Tezuka of Kansai, so that works out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He's more like a high school version of Kite. Kirihara was a jerk but only when he was on the court. Kite threw tennis balls at elderly women.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewkid
    He's more like a high school version of Kite. Kirihara was a jerk but only when he was on the court. Kite threw tennis balls at elderly women.
    When did Kite throw balls at elderly women? I only remember the lack of respect for old man Oiji. Not only that, but Kite is like a formal gentleman outside the court like every time we see him. If anything, Akutsu is the biggest "out of court" jerk in the series. I don't think Kirihara is any less of a (out of court) jerk than Kite is.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

When did Kite throw balls at elderly women? I only remember the lack of respect for old man Oiji. Not only that, but Kite is like a formal gentleman outside the court like every time we see him. If anything, Akutsu is the biggest "out of court" jerk in the series. I don't think Kirihara is any less of a (out of court) jerk than Kite is.
    Well, Kite has that whole thing of threatening his teammates going, and he did hit a ball into his coach's stomach.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It was Hirakoba who attempted to hit Ryuuzaki with a ball, but Kite, as Kaoz said, did hit Coach Saotome (his own coach) with a tennis ball.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, this crushes the theory that all the Jrs are going to take all u-17 first string. Gin, got owned with 1 hand swing, not sure what powers that Mr T guy has but, i guess Gin was sacrificed for more interesting players and show off powers.

Now i'm not sure the top 3 will be defeated . I'm dissapointed in an injured mouri, not sure atobe overcame the evil eye. please correct me as i didnt read the translations yet or please tell me where to find them thanks.

I predict glasses/bunta will win. I think they are the more popular chars in teni puri that didnt have much char development in the pot1, so this will be used to give their back story and motivations.
    Last edited by ashore; July 07, 2012 at 01:29 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    well, this crushes the theory that all the Jrs are going to take all u-17 first string. Gin, got owned with 1 hand swing, not sure what powers that Mr T guy has but, i guess Gin was sacrificed for more interesting players and show off powers.

Now i'm not sure the top 3 will be defeated . I'm dissapointed in an injured mouri, not sure atobe overcame the evil eye. please correct me as i didnt read the translations yet or please tell me where to find them thanks.

I predict glasses/bunta will win. I think they are the more popular chars in teni puri that didnt have much char development in the pot1, so this will be used to give their back story and motivations.
    Indeed, Atobe overcame Ochi's mental pressure, on chapter 77 I think it was. Niou collapsed after his arm was completely "dead", and Atobe started to return the shots normally and it was 2 vs 1, Ochi sayed that Atobe's mental was returning back to normal.

Yeah, I hope that Kite/Marui will win. I don't know what kind of upgrade will they get, but It'll be a huge one if they're going to defeat a pair who for sure is stronger than Ochi/Mouri, that gave Atobe/Niou a hard time.

Well, I don't know, but the top 3 might be replaced. I see Sanada defeating Shuuji and Tokugawa losing or winning against Byodouin. Anyways, Gin's match was rushed and Gin didn't have any chance against Duke, that's normal. The strongest player in the entire camp can't lose to Gin lol.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Central African Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Indeed, Atobe overcame Ochi's mental pressure, on chapter 77 I think it was. Niou collapsed after his arm was completely "dead", and Atobe started to return the shots normally and it was 2 vs 1, Ochi sayed that Atobe's mental was returning back to normal.

Yeah, I hope that Kite/Marui will win. I don't know what kind of upgrade will they get, but It'll be a huge one if they're going to defeat a pair who for sure is stronger than Ochi/Mouri, that gave Atobe/Niou a hard time.

Well, I don't know, but the top 3 might be replaced. I see Sanada defeating Shuuji and Tokugawa losing or winning against Byodouin. Anyways, Gin's match was rushed and Gin didn't have any chance against Duke, that's normal. The strongest player in the entire camp can't lose to Gin lol.
    So we have left 1 double match and two single matches except Kite/Marui before decisive battle against Ryoga and Ryoma. That means 4 players from 1st string (Byodouin, Tanegashima, Oni and Omagari) and 4 players from 2nd string. One of them is 100% Tokugawa. I also think that Akutsu and Sanada will also play. One left. Who? There are several candidates: Fuji, Kaidou, Chitose, Tachibana. Somehow I believe that Kite/Marui pair will lose and score will be 2-1 for 1st string. So 2nd string will have to win at least two out of three matches. It seems that Akutsu will play against Omagari in S2. And chapter with books thrown by Omagari somehow implied that. So seems that Tanegashima and Oni will play in a pair against Sanada and Kaidou. And I can't imagine N2 and N5 will lose here too. It can turn to this: either the score will be the 4-2 for 1st string (if Byoudouin will win which I presume) before the match between brothers or Tokugawa will win and score will be even. But I just can't imagine Tokugawa winning. I still think that Tokugawa is not ready for Byodouin. In my opinion the only one who can really challenge Byodouin is Ryoga. I think those two are in my opinion on the same level. Ryoga's fourth number for me doesn't show his real strength because I believe he is stronger than Duke and Tanegashima.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wnot sure atobe overcame the evil eye. please correct me as i didnt read the translations yet or please tell me where to find them thanks.
    I think it was said that part of the reason Atobe overcame Ochi's pressure is because Nioh 'became' Ryoma. Atobe said something like, "Now I feel like we can win this" and his morale was boosted.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wow if true, that's something hard for atobe to win this. not sure if he thought niou was going full echizen mode or just the illusion of having a partner like that would boost his morale/doubts.

I think it's too early to predict duke's powers but i have a couple if ideas.

he can absorb the power of an opponents shot and double its power back to the opponent. even duke had a piece of sweat on his face afterwards. it sounded like the match ended in 1 shot. i know Gin is used as fodder , but too bad he didnt have enough spirit to keep playing unless he was literally K.O.'ed
    Last edited by ashore; July 08, 2012 at 08:49 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's too early to predict duke's powers but i have a couple if ideas.

he can absorb the power of an opponents shot and double its power back to the opponent. even duke had a piece of sweat on his face afterwards. it sounded like the match ended in 1 shot. i know Gin is used as fodder , but too bad he didnt have enough spirit to keep playing unless he was literally K.O.'ed
    I don't think it was one shot, it's impossible that Duke would sweat like that after one shot. I think Gin almost hit all of his Hadoukyus or maybe all and Duke returned them like nothing. He probably can't absorb power, it's just that his power far exceeds Gin's. Because of that, no matter how strong Gin's shots are, Duke can return them like nothing and even blast him out of the court like it was a doll.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kite is the PERFECT person for a base-liner. The guy has the freaking shukuchi and he is a captain.
    I just want to let it be known that, just because someone is the captain or vice-captain of a sports team that does not mean they are the best player in that team, nor does that mean they are a great player for that matter. It simply means that they have the qualities of a leader.

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast