Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 81, 82 and 83 Discussion/Predicitions

Holy cow, Gin's full power is 60% of Duke's power, so that's why he made 108th Hadoukyuu look like crap.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tohno and all this bloodbath talk, he's nothing new. How many bloodbaths have we seen in the series now? It's hard to see anything special about the Genius 10 when they're just super versions of characters we've already seen.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if you assume Duke Homerun uses 100% of Duke's power and 108th Hadoukyu is the same for Gin, if you do the math, Duke Homerun has the same power as a 180th Style Hadoukyu.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Well if you assume Duke Homerun uses 100% of Duke's power and 108th Hadoukyu is the same for Gin, if you do the math, Duke Homerun has the same power as a 180th Style Hadoukyu.
    Lol, possibly.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    And? Hearing no game count doesn't mean anything. It just means Konomi thought it was irrelevant to mention. That still doesn't mean it was the first serve. Like it's been said, nobody sweats on the first serve. Sweat itself is an indication of some sort of length in the match. Nobody instantly sweats with one serve, even if it is the 108th Hadoukyuu.
    As long as you're surprised, you can sweat on the first serve in this series. Also, Konomi thought it was relevant to mention with Krauser to indicate that Krauser is about to win. So he didnt mention any score with Duke and Gin to make sure the readers know that Gin wasnt even about to win.

First serve. Atobe is surprised. He sweats

As long as you're surprised you can sweat in this insane series.

I dont think we should assume a long match happened until the chapter is properly released online.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

@LetalHawk. In this series people give support as soon as the two players step on to the court.

Momoshiro does so for Fuji when he goes against Shiraishi. So Tooyama giving support proves absolutely nothing.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

You claim that they're sweating?

Maybe is sweat from being surprised, but that appears in many mangas, but how that proves they're already sweating?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post

Maybe is sweat from being surprised, but that appears in many mangas, but how that proves they're already sweating?
    Maybe Duke had sweat from being surprised.
    You cannot prove your point. You also cannot disprove my point. You are yet to give valid proof that Duke and Gin played games let alone rallied.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the difference if it was the first point in the whole match or the last point in a tie-break? The point is, that Duke is andjaksndaomly powerful...

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe even sweat from the heat? But it's probably winter, so probably not.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post

Wait... Did you not realize I SAID that ''as long as your surprised you can sweat in this insane series''?
    Maybe Duke was surprised.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess all everybody's gonna talk about is sweat until we get the next few chapters?

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've debated about Marui/Kite or other players who could've played instead of them, but there's really not much to talk about. You can basically make prophecies about who will face Shuuji for the No. 2 badge (although most of the people here seem to believe that it's a lock for Sanada), and who will face Oni/Ohmagari (or Oni/Irie, possibly) for the 5/6 match.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    I guess all everybody's gonna talk about is sweat until we get the next few chapters?
    This doesnt help. Just give your view on the matter of Duke finishing Gin in either one point which is what we saw, or the supposed he and Gin playing for a good while with Gin eventually losing which we didnt see.

If you dont wanna then add to the table.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Tohno and all this bloodbath talk, he's nothing new. How many bloodbaths have we seen in the series now? It's hard to see anything special about the Genius 10 when they're just super versions of characters we've already seen.
    I'll be honest i'm glad i'm not the only one to be disappointed in all these 1st Stringers.
    We've had way too many super versions of MSers.

Hoping Kimijima isnt a Data Player. I don't even like BLEACH but he reminds me of Aizen. (Hair and glasses). Just hoping here that Kimijima is not a Super Version of an MSer like Tohno seems like a Super Kirihara when on the court and a Super Akutsu when off the court.

Btw, you see how No.s 9-20 got replaced... Are they like... Gone... Like how the old 3rd Court got wiped off the face of the earth gone..?
    Coz I havent even seen them in the audience and Tokugawa seems to be the only 2nd Stringer HSer who is alive and breathing in the camp.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Btw, you see how No.s 9-20 got replaced... Are they like... Gone... Like how the old 3rd Court got wiped off the face of the earth gone..?
    Coz I havent even seen them in the audience and Tokugawa seems to be the only 2nd Stringer HSer who is alive and breathing in the camp.

Yeah, that pisses me off. Konomi got rid of them and it looks like they'll never show up again. There are awesome players like Mitsuya, Hakamada, or Date/Ban pair who completely overwhelmed JESUS/Kabaji. They could have been a great challenge for the other MS and act like a wall to surpass. Yet, Konomi threw them away and Ochi/Mouri who weren't fodder, I hope that they will appear again.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt we'll get to see a whole lot of them in the actual manga. Maybe they'll appear in a panel here and there like 3rd court did, but I wouldn't expect much more. I could see them appearing a bit more in the anime or OVAs though.

Anyway, what do you guys expect to happen with Niou? Will he keep the No. 10 spot or be (temporarily?) replaced, and if so by who?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I doubt we'll get to see a whole lot of them in the actual manga. Maybe they'll appear in a panel here and there like 3rd court did, but I wouldn't expect much more. I could see them appearing a bit more in the anime or OVAs though.

Anyway, what do you guys expect to happen with Niou? Will he keep the No. 10 spot or be (temporarily?) replaced, and if so by who?
    Worst case scenario: This could be the last we see of him. First Kabaji, then Nioh? Think about it, Konomi may be putting his characters on a bus now, more specifically the copycats.

New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast