Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Kisuke Urahara's bankai?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rikkaidai94's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kisuke Urahara's bankai?

What do you think Kisuke's bankai would be? They haven't shown it yet, but I would like to know what is bankai would be if he was able to show it. What do you think?
    *AkayaKiraharaIsAwesome*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kisuke Urahara's bankai?

hopefully we get to see it soon! i think it will be pretty immense
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, his shikai seems to be related to energy blasts or some sort of Kidou, so I think his bankai would be an enhanced version of that; and about how it looks, I'm seeing it as nothing big and flashy, but a subtle and elegant appearence.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it was hinted that his Bankai isn't suitable for training so it may be that it's because his Bankai is defensive or it's a supportive Bankai which offers no offensive boost.

Benihime, Crimson Princess, by the name it may be possible to decipher the ability of the bankai or even why he doesn't use it. There may be some odd manifestation of the bankai that causes a female avatar to appear and get all posessive of Urahara and most likely start a fight with Yoruichi to "step away from her man".

The word Princess could also suggest some sort of Dominance when used such as the Bankai manipulates the target and draws the blood out of them like a Vampire which is why his blade is known as the Crimson Princess. A loli vampire with a bloodlust which uses said bankai to draw blood from the target to empower his other abilities.

Maybe that's where the two kids came from, they were unfortunate victims to Urahara's untrained bankai. Upon first using it the bankai manifested and targeted both Ururu and Jinta turning them into the superpowered children they are now.

Though maybe the mystery will be solved soon, if his Bankai/spirit is as restless as I think it is it's quite possible that he'll purposely have it stolen just so that he can have her torment the person attempting to take her away from the love of her life.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

I think his command would be something like "arise" Benihime of hell (<don't know translation) and maybe it works as a manipulation Bankai (like TheWanderer said) but it controls reiatsu
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I did some Zanpakuto brainstorms a while ago, either inventing new zan's or completing existing ones, like Benihime. Just for the lulz I'm gonna share one I cooked up though I'm quite sure the real one will be very different.

Shikai
    Release command: Awaken now, Benihime!
    Description:Straight blade, guard is folded around it. Hilt has a slight
    curve at the end. Has several blood-based energy attacks, such as:

-Scream Benihime, a shot of crimson energy in the shape of an arc

-Blood Mist Shield

-Razor Benihime, a shot of energy capable of piercing and cutting tough
    surfaces, can change directions at the users will.

-Spurning Benihime, cancel out an oponents reiatsu based attacks by drawing
    a circle after observing their attack.

-Binding Benihime, a bloody energy net.

-Fireplay Benihime, explode previous net.

Bankai
    Name: Majin Benihime
    Description: blood from the user seeps from his body and shapes into a mist
    surrounding him. This mist coalesces in the form of a spectral, demonic lady,
    surrounding and protecting the user, like susano'o. Starts out as a vampiric
    skeleton with horns. The user must sacrifice a lot of blood to activate this
    bankai. The user must already be significantly wounded to provide
    ample amounts of blood. The spectral form greatly protects the user and can
    be controlled. It is capable of similair energy attacks usng it's claws. The
    magnitude of these moves is far greater than Shikai. Each succesfull hit
    results in a wound that bleeds profusely and cannot be healed until
    Majin Benihime is resealed. Each of these wounds transfer blood in a vague
    mist towards Majin Benihime, each fueling her form, creating muscle and
    eventually flesh, getting considerably more powerful as she reaches her full
    form. The speed at which she forms is surprisingly high, as it needs relatively
    few attacks to absorb enough blood.
    When she absorbed enough blood she reaches her full form, a demonic,
    terrible, beautiful lady. At that instant she opens her eyes and show a
    malicious grin. The opponent who gazes in her eye is paralyzed, making them
    easy prey for her ultimate move: Blood tribute, Majin Benihime. Her claw
    reaches out at incredible speed, piercing the opponent's body. It then proceeds
    to suck out all remaining blood in the opponents body. As soon as the victim
    is dried up husk, the absorbed blood transfers into the Bankai user's body,
    closing his wounds and healing him completely.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I think kisuke's bankai is simply going to be a extremely hax, perhaps a one shot, ability. When kisuke wanted renji to help with chad's training he mentioned that his bankai could not be used for such a thing. Kisuke needed a more traditional bankai, one that chad would be able to fight head on against. In this regard. I was thinking of something along the lines of what aizen or shinji had as shikai or perhaps soifon's or kanane's bankai. Those are not traditional in the sense that you do not battle them directly and are somewhat abstract in principle. Soifon just has a nuke, it is not something you would fight the same way you would fight byakuya's, renji's or kensei's bankai. Aizen and shinji's ability just mess you up but you can't actually match your power against them. Kanane's bankai in a similar way just messes you up but does not give in itself a power up for the user which could be fought head on. At least based on what we have seen so far, kisuke's bankai is not going to be something huge which he can use directly as a weapon at least.

And the whole thing kinda makes sense in this particular way. Kisuke's benihime ability is kinda vague to say the least. Its not like he has the power of a giant or thousands of petals to attack with so far. his shikai just changes the shape of his sword and the ability of the sword itself seems to be a number of spells. I have the little theory that his sword does not have an ability in itself but rather simply allows the user to combine it with kido better than other zampakuto would hence the number of techniques urahara seems to have. Basically it works like a harry potter wand, it allows the user to efficiently channel power for specialized, more efficient, results. This would explain why urahara seems to be very good with kido, he needs it to make actual use of his sword. I guess the drawback would be that since the sword does not specialize in anything in particular it results in urahara himself not having exceptionally powerful shikai abilities, basically versatility vs specialization. On another note, if his sword works in this particular way, perhaps his bankai would allow him to use higher level kido combination with his sword. It would perhaps also make sense with what he told renji about his bankai. There would have been no benefit for chad to fight something which would basically combine level 90th kido with bankai lol.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rikkaidai94's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see his bankai so bad. It could be used for defense or maybe both to attack and defend. I think that he will have to be forced to use it in some type of battle that will be to tough for him or something like that
    *AkayaKiraharaIsAwesome*

New Reply