Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

53 26.63%
  • Good

71 35.68%
  • Average

40 20.10%
  • Bad

35 17.59%
New Reply
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 593 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 593 Discussion / 594 Predictions | Additional chapter next week (6th Shippuden movie)

Why, just why? Leave Oro dead for good. Wasn't he killed with some legendary sword meant to completely destroy him anyway? What is the point of introducing such things if they are completely meaningless.

This manga makes zero sense, revenge, emo, coming of age story.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 593 Discussion / 594 Predictions | Additional chapter next week (6th Shippuden movie)

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    About Orochimaru's powers : I think some people forget that, unlike anyone in Narutoverse, he spent his life doing scientific research with 0 moral (no consideration for humans, so yeah his experiences goes faster), he has numerous lab research, he collected hundreds or thousands of prisoners just for that, he had a huge field of experience about senjutsu, and he is a genius. It just happens he isn't an Uchiha. So we should not be surprised by the level or the complexity of his jutsus.
    Yeah not at all. I have to be honest - I'm sort of glad he's back. Like Danzou, that guy knows a lot of mysteries and this will hopefully help piece some things together.

The big thing to me is the new mystery. Who is "them"? It's a 'Them', not a 'him'. So maybe it really is his parents? But then it has to be the people that know EVERYTHING. Who else qualifies and to what capacity/context? Is it Orochimaru summoning a special ET? Is it Orochimaru taking him to where this person(s) still lives? And maybe this person(s) that still live are the ones that taught Orochimaru his immortality jutsu? Would give another reason why Orochimaru quipped Sasuke's still a child... not an insult, but rather - he still has a life ahead of him.

Interesting. Those that want to see Tobi vs. Naruto... maybe don't worry. I have a feeling we're getting ready to return to it and this will be left up in the air. lol

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    What do you mean not much progress!?!
    Orochimaru was resurrected!
    Yeah thats true...but now hes also "admiring" Sasuke's personal growth and is doing what Sasuke is telling him to do. I'm not feeling this benign and tamed version of Orochimaru at all, especially after Suigetsu nearly shit his pants at the thought of him being revived even without his arms.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    remember when naruto and sasuke used the windmill shuriken to outsmart zabuza?
    I'm not directing this at YOU exactly... I'm directiing this at the MINDSET. I keep hearing this kind of statement from people. "Oooo - remember back when Naruto and Sauske had to do a three-layer tactic just to get Zabuza to flinch? That was the BEST WRITING EVAR...!"

Come on folks - it wasn't that great. My reaction when I first read that chapter was this... "That's it? We wasted almost two chapters for THAT? What a complete and utter waste of time. Kishi could have done that in two panels - not two chapters. That's the worst writing I've ever seen..." This nostalgic pining for the Zabuza arc and its overly-long padding of even the simplest of actions is tiresome. What some people saw as the best action sequence in history, other people saw as pointless, cumbersome plot-padding that dragged out a simple fight into laughingly ridiculous proportions.

It is not some sign of depth or quality to just have your protagonist sitting and 'thinking' for 20 pages and trying to figure out how to move his finger enough to reach his weapon, or some other stupid thing. That's just called "drawing it out for no good reason". It's like that stupidly interminable part of DragonballZ when it takes Goku like a million years to generate the Spirit Bomb only to have Freieza shrug it off like it was nothing. Yeesh. The Land of Waves arc was not really that fantastic. It was OK, but it was far less engaging than the Hidan arc or the Pain arc.
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i know iit wasnt that great but im speaking in terms of strategy. whens the last time you've seen legit minds at work and ingenuity to win a battle? its been a long time since we've seen a fight where it got turned around by smarts other than power ups

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So..... orochimaru is voldemort? And naruto is HP, jiraiya was dumbledore (makes more sense than sarutobi being dumbledore considering jiraiya fits the role better)... Seriously, orochimaru had several horcruxes just lying around. Horrible chapter, not much to say.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone else think OROCHIMARU and lord VOLDEMORT are one and the same with this whole soul splitting rubbish?

obviously they are going back to the uchiha village and are probably going to revive sasukes parents and or clan so he can talk to them. Thats why orochimaru said what are you going to do when you meet them. Not sure whats going to happen after that. could become akward,

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    remember when we saw characters actually struggling to learn new moves or power ups?
    remember when the kononha 11 COULD ACUTALLY DO SOMETHING AND WEREN'T FODDER?
    • Naruto did struggle both times[in Shippuuden], reread the chapters please. Would people really want to see Sasuke train off-screen? Kishi did show it once with chidori, that's when I still cared for him.
    • The Konoha eleven got a bad visual treatment, this doesn't make them to fodder characters though.
    I'm not saying the chapter had an aweful development, but Orochimaru king of the castle.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 10, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW! this has got to be the worst chapter i've ever read in my life. there's a plot hole the size of the grand canyon. orochimaru couldnt use his arms?

WTF IS THIS THEN? http://www.mangareader.net/93-300-7/...apter-295.html.

OR THIS? http://www.mangareader.net/93-314-16...apter-309.html

kishi, man, WTF are you doing?! every chapeter theres a new plot hole man. im done with naruto, once its over ill read the whole thing and try to make sense of the constant bs happening every week. He couldnt use his arms cause of the third BUT he switched bodies remember? and after that he was good as we saw. matter of fact he switched bodies early because he wanted his arms back and couldnt handle the constant pain on his current body so he got a new one and how the hell is he back from a little neck massage? i thought that itachi sealed him for good? i understand that he has a piece of him in every curse seal but wouldnt it make more sense if sasuke used his sharigan to venture into anko's mind? what the hell

ugh looks like naruto and bleach switched places. what was once my favorite manga is now just a boring comic.

I used to love seeing hand seals and new techs and strategies but now its whoever has the bigger guns. ''you're jutsu wont wont because mine is twice the size and thanks to this random power up i got without any serious training i am untouchable muahahahaha''. thats how the manga is now.

we need more strategies, more planning, more inventive ninjutsu opposed to enormous ones, how can a story progress when naruto, madara and soon to be sasuke can take on the entire ninja world themselves? naruto fought 6 bijuu, madara has the perfrct susanno that can destroy mountains and sasuke is on his way to a power up soon enough because right now he's shadowed by naruto. I dont like this manga anymore.

remember when naruto and sasuke used the windmill shuriken to outsmart zabuza? remember when shikimaru caught temari with his shadow at the chunnin exam?
    remember when shino beat the wind guy and kankuro?
    remember when we saw characters actually struggling to learn new moves or power ups?
    remember when the kononha 11 COULD ACUTALLY DO SOMETHING AND WEREN'T FODDER?

What happened to this manga? what was once a shining light is now a falling star. Kishi, get your act together please. ive been reading the manga and watching the series for almost 8 years now, dont let it go to waste.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

there should be a terrible voting option cause this chapter was garbage
    Even if it's weird, he hasn't done any handseals in your links, he bit both hands and directly touched the ground (missed previous page). Since most of your jutsus is based on handseals... One can say he did that off-paneled, but well it seems not now, especially considerng he had to do that very quickly before being touched the bijuu ball.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

So, Orochimaru is not only still alive, but he can now use his "arms" too...?.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After this and naruto vs Tobi, kishi could really place another time skip, I mean with the return of oro we have more villains available to fight
    1. Madara
    2. Sasuke (team hawk- which is juugo and suigetsu)
    3. And now Orochimaru
    4. We also have Tobi if he survives after the naruto fight

So after this war we could have a couple years of peace with sasuke and oro finding whatever they need, madara is possibly reworking his plan possibly with Tobi, and all the villages unite. I would make the timeskip at 5+ years to make naruto and sasuke adults when they finally clash, I honestly wouldn't mind a 10 year timeskip making Naruto 26, during the timeskip I believe it would be a great time for naruto to step into the role as hokage

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    i know iit wasnt that great but im speaking in terms of strategy. whens the last time you've seen legit minds at work and ingenuity to win a battle?
    Naruto versus Raikage, Gaara versus ET Mizukage were strategic victories. They just didn't belabor the victory by drawing it out. There have still been strategic fights in Naruto. It is true that the power levels have been vastly increased lately, but that is just something that happens as a manga progresses. You start small and then by the end there are people who crack planets in half by grunting hard. It's just what happens.

I share your disdain at power-ups out of nowhere. But I think those are not as common in Naruto as some seem to think. Naruto defeating the other Tailed Beasts was not 'out of nowhere'. It was the culmination of almost 550 chapters of Naruto's growth and development. So yeah, it was pretty spectacular - but considering his power source is THE most powerful Bijju in the story it is not surprising. That sort of thing is OK with me, even if it is a huge powerup. The things that bug me are stuff like Izanami, or Sauske's hawk, which literally come from nowhere with no preamble or explanation except, "Heyo! I needed a victory, so I'm haxxoring up bull#$&! out of nowhere, k - tx - bye!"
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

15. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i know iit wasnt that great but im speaking in terms of strategy. whens the last time you've seen legit minds at work and ingenuity to win a battle? its been a long time since we've seen a fight where it got turned around by smarts other than power ups
    Naruto vs ET Raikage, Gaara against Mizukage, Ambush Squad against Sasori/Deidara...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Even if it's weird, he hasn't done any handseals in your links, he bit both hands and directly touched the ground
    It doesnt matter that he didnt use handseals its the fact that he could use his arms in general.

Quote Quote:
    So, Orochimaru is not only still alive, but he can now use his "arms" too...?.
    THIS IS WHAT I MEAN! if he couldnt use his arms before his death how come he can use them now?

and as for naruto he hasnt really struggled with much, i know it took him time to master wind but what did he do with it? he added it to the most recycled move ive ever seen in my life besides getsuga. and on top of that he gets easy and cheap ways to level up instead of actually doing it himself

if i make 1000 clones i can get 20 years of work in a week. wtf is that? thats garbage and a plot hole, you're telling me that he wouldnt realize that the clones learned other things after years of using it? and on top of that your chakra is divided evenly among clones so he can make 1000 versions of himself and still train with each of them having significant amount of chakra to train to? i thought i was solely for knowledge purposes at first so he can advance all his skills at once. itd make sense if it was 50 or 100 but 1000? come on guy
    Last edited by Kid Chameleone; July 10, 2012 at 01:22 PM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Didn't? How do you know that? We learned that he still can't use his hands after Sandaime...which means that sealing a part of himself somewhere isn't that big of an advantage...so Itachi sealed a part of him...a great chunk I would say...and Orochimaru admitted he is not powerful enough to even attempt taking Sasuke out...so Itachi's sealing did pretty much...I understand that Itachi's act looked for all intents and purposes final, and this smacks of retconning or lack of inspiration, but it still makes sense within the Narutoverse...
    You said it yourself the sandaimes seal had an actual effect unlike Itachi's magic sword. Is he weaker now? Probably. But unlike with the shikifujin that one seems like a pretty easy fix. Sapping impact from yet another death scene for the sake of more awkward character development for Sasuke.

Also you are belittling the lump of gunk and neck massage a bit too much...those are perfectly acceptable things to bring back Orochimaru...the lump of gunk is a piece of the flesh that takes over bodies, and the neck massage is sealing technique...
    I disagree. If anything, I think I'm not belittling it enough. I realize it's sealing technique or to be more specific the reversal of one based on the technique that Kakashi used on Sasuke to try and help seal the cursed seal. A technique which Sasuke did not see nor was ever really taught as far as we were aware right up until now. The lump of super-flesh was to create the body. So no, I feel pretty sure I'm belittling it exactly as much as I think it deserves when I refer to it as a "lump of man-goop" and a "neck massage".

Actually they are not stupid that's the point...
    " Whom Kabuto brought to this cave because.....?????"....because he needed that chakra that resided within Anko...it kinda makes sense for someone who is using Orochimaru's chakra to want more of it right...
    If he had actually drawn it out sure, which he did not. What was he waiting for exactly? Oh right, he didn't use her chakra because then Sasuke wouldn't have been able to summon Orochmaru through her.

"And then Sasuke resurrects him with the power of a chunk o' kabuto and a palmslap, which he learned to do when......????????"....these "When did Sasuke learn to do things" question is so old...people forget that Sasuke is a genius shinobi, who has xerox as eyes, and was training under a Sannin
    Do you know why that question has gotten old? Because Sasuke keeps pulling silly crap that he's never shown the slightest inclination that he could do before the point when he does it. That's retconning. Is it necessarily inconsistent? No. Is it good writing? Absolutely not. And that's my problem with it.

The only coincidence is that Kabuto managed to merge with the cells of Oro...otherwise he wouldn't have a vessel in which he would reborn into...the other things are just logical conclusions of what he set up before he died...cursed seals, body modifications, sage mode etc...
    That's the only coincidence you see....REALLY?! Let me list a few of the things this development is built on...
    • Anko not being drained of chakra and instead for Kabuto to conveniently leave her alive and there for Sasuke.
    • Sasuke showing knowledge and ability to perform a sealing Jutsu which he has not done a single time in the entire manga before now.
    • Juugo & Suigetsu astonishingly finding a magic scroll by smashing a random wall
    • Juugo & Suigetsu inexplicably finding Sasuke in a hidden cave in the middle of nowhere at juuuust the right time(apparently Juugo can talk to earthworms).
    • Juugo & Suigetsu conveniently giving over Mr. Magic scroll without even asking where Karin is, who they thought was with him(who was one of the reasons Suigetsu came back)
    • Orochimaru conveniently deciding to help Sasuke's spirit quest instead of saying "screw you ya douchebag" and slithering to steal Tobi's eye collection or something.

Any ONE of those I could accept but... all of them. It's too much for this fan.

EDIT:On and I forgot one..
    • Itachi & Sasuke just randomly running into each other.(It's a small world apparently)
    Last edited by Jammin; July 10, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

20. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast