Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!!!

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

4 2.84%
  • 2 (Average)

25 17.73%
  • 3 (Good)

45 31.91%
  • 4 (Great!)

44 31.21%
  • 5 (Epic)

19 13.48%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 2.84%
New Reply
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 674 Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 674 Discussion / 675 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Actually i think he used only COA . IMO the reason why that object changed its color is 'cause it depends on the ability in COA haki of the user . It's true we've seen objects imbued with COA but we only saw it on Kuja pirates if i'm not mistaken . That's why i think if you are good at COA and you concentrate on this type of haki you can transfer the hardness of it into certain objects thus that black coloring would be explained .

Of course this is just my opinion
    What about Vista? He surely used CoA against Akainu yet no change in colour even though he is almost certainly extremely proficient in CoA usage.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    What about Vista? He surely used CoA against Akainu yet no change in colour even though he is almost certainly extremely proficient in CoA usage.
    Well maybe he isn't

Anyway it might be also that now that we are starting to get more familiar with haki , Oda is trying to find a way for us to recognize the 3 types by adding them certain effects

Still i like my theory so till Oda gives us more hints i'll stick with this . And besides i'm sure if Oda made Vista's sword suddenly turn black , without all this knowledge about haki he would have lost me along the way

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, because that was a time before the time-skip, more clearly, before Silvers[Oda] gave us a good introduction, confirming[a bit retconning] all kinds of appearances of haki[1st chapter Shanks, Mantra, Rayleigh vs Kizaru] to be of some form of haki. He had no reason to color it black before it was fully introduced to us, before it became of importance for likely most future boss fights. I can imagine Oda having the concept in his head, foreshadowing here and there until and than he gave us a new perspective on the whole haki situation.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 11, 2012 at 06:16 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well maybe he isn't

Anyway it might be also that now that we are starting to get more familiar with haki , Oda is trying to find a way for us to recognize the 3 types by adding them certain effects

Still i like my theory so till Oda gives us more hints i'll stick with this . And besides i'm sure if Oda made Vista's sword suddenly turn black , without all this knowledge about haki he would have lost me along the way
    Being one of the strongest members of the WB pirates and someone capable of fighting on par with Mihawk would make that pretty unlikely lol

Oda introduced CoC at the start of the series with us having no knowledge on haki and he clearly planned the features of the other colours out well in advance too so it's strange that he's suddenly marking CoA usage out like this and causing continuity problems

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    And it's not to us to adjust, if Oda makes a big change like that he must explain it for the consistency of the plot. [..]
    This is rly is only about visuals. Doesn't rly affect the plot in any notable way. Maybe it is just me, but I don't see it as drastic. I see this is as a different writing style.

Before haki was fully explained, Oda had us in suspense the whole time. Haki was labeled as mysterious force, until its explanation. Only after then we knew exactly what haki was. So I think with Oda confirming haki, he added an additional visual feature. Just to make sure we are informed whenever haki is used. By adding a visual effect, Oda also saves the trouble of confirming haki usage by side characters. That is why I don't think black hardening is just limited to Luffy.

Anyway, I don't think the consistency has been disturbed. It is just that before Haki was fully explained, it was a mysterious force. By explaining it in detail, Oda (might have) wrapped it up by adding a visual feature.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    This is rly is only about visuals. Doesn't rly affect the plot in any notable way. Maybe it is just me, but I don't see it as drastic. I see this is as a different writing style.

Before haki was fully explained, Oda had us in suspense the whole time. Haki was labeled as mysterious force, until its explanation. Only after then we knew exactly what haki was. So I think with Oda confirming haki, he added an additional visual feature. Just to make sure we are informed whenever haki is used. By adding a visual effect, Oda also saves the trouble of confirming haki usage by side characters. That is why I don't think black hardening is just limited to Luffy.

Anyway, I don't think the consistency has been disturbed. It is just that before Haki was fully explained, it was a mysterious force. By explaining it in detail, Oda (might have) wrapped it up by adding a visual feature.
    Trouble is that it's not something he started using after Rayleigh explained everything. Pekoms used CoA against Caribou, but again, no colour change:
    Spoiler show

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with a devil fruit which can cause stickiness. But that is unrelated to how Law was forced down.

Anyway, having a spoon on his cheek, rules the "only fast food" idea out xD
    Law was taken down by Haki. We at least know Luffy's is nearly as strong. So sucking out someone's oxygen is a bit over powered, I wonder how the SHs are gonna get around that.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry of-topic

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Law was taken down by Haki. We at least know Luffy's is nearly as strong.
    Throwing such words right into the room. Imo, I think, probably, I assume, anything, but please don't state is as a fact like that please.

As strong as Vergo: We don't know. If Luffy was capable of using CoC on Law to take him down, Law's whole plan to become a pirate king would be for naught after all the preperation and his speech to take down a Yonkou. Withstanding Silvers, but not Vergo would be weird and illogical.
    Or did you mean the black bamboo stick? A hard hit by a v.a. should be able to take down an already weakened Trafalgar.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 11, 2012 at 07:02 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure things will get clear in the future for now let's change the topic and make even crazier prediction

Here's mine : Chopper will use his rumble ball and use horn point to dig a tunnel to reach Luffy &co. Go Chopper

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Trouble is that it's not something he started using after Rayleigh explained everything. Pekoms used CoA against Caribou, but again, no colour change:
    Spoiler show
    That scene is way too fast. You can't even see his hands. It just like when Luffy took out a Pacifista.

Law was taken down by Haki. [...]
    No, I was talking about panel 1. Law intended to attack Vergo, but was stopped midway by Vergo. That is definitely not haki related. Similar case here, Law is crumbling down, while grabbing his heart and spitting blood. The symptoms do not match with conquerors haki or whatever haki.

Tbh I don't see any real problem in Caesar. I easily him defeated by simple brute force and advanced speed. Shouldn't be any problem for the monster trio. Only haki is needed. His ability is tricky indeed, but can be overcome by speed, imo.

Here's mine : Chopper will use his rumble ball and use horn point to dig a tunnel to reach Luffy &co. Go Chopper
    I think Chopper will meet CC. But since Franky is apparently up now, he might just laser around to get out of the cell xD

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: sorry of-topic

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Throwing such words right into the room. Imo, I think, probably, I assume, anything, but please don't state is as a fact like that please.

As strong as Vergo: We don't know. If Luffy was capable of using CoC on Law to take him down, Law's whole plan to become a pirate king would be for naught after all the preperation and his speech to take down a Yonkou. Withstanding Silvers, but not Vergo would be weird and illogical.
    Or did you mean the black bamboo stick? A hard hit by a v.a. should be able to take down an already weakened Trafalgar.
    The strength of one's CoC is based on their will no? If their will is stronger than the target it should break them. We already know Luffy's was extremely strong before the time skip. We know the blackening as well, Luffy has used. So I'm judging it based on what we've seen. Luffy is yet to get serious. Even with Caesar he was basically goofing off.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Law was taken down by Haki. We at least know Luffy's is nearly as strong. So sucking out someone's oxygen is a bit over powered, I wonder how the SHs are gonna get around that.
    Caesar seems to have a small range. As long as the Strawhats are outside his personal space they should be fine. Luffy has plenty of long range moves he can use.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

That scene is way too fast. You can't even see his hands. It just like when Luffy took out a Pacifista.

No, I was talking about panel 1. Law intended to attack Vergo, but was stopped midway by Vergo. That is definitely not haki related. Similar case here, Law is crumbling down, while grabbing his heart and spitting blood. The symptoms do not match with conquerors haki or whatever haki.

Tbh I don't see any real problem in Caesar. I easily him defeated by simple brute force and advanced speed. Shouldn't be any problem for the monster trio. Only haki is needed. His ability is handy, but can be overcome by speed.

I think Chopper will meet CC. But since Franky is apparently up now, he might just laser around to get out of the cell xD
    Those panels are completely different. You can clearly see his paw hitting Caribou and it's white. In the scene with the pacifista, his arm isn't there at all but prior to that his hands were still normal. Besides, surely if he was using gear 2 + CoA then that would have been a red hawk rather than a jet pistol?

Could be that there are still things about CoA that we have yet to find out, I highly doubt we know all there is to know about haki at this point. Maybe there are different forms of CoA with the darkening of the skin representing a particular form.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The strength of one's CoC is based on their will no? If their will is stronger than the target it should break them. We already know Luffy's was extremely strong before the time skip. We know the blackening as well, Luffy has used. So I'm judging it based on what we've seen. Luffy is yet to get serious. Even with Caesar he was basically goofing off.
    For whatever reason the conventional wisdom is that conqueror's haki can only be used to knock out fodder, even though that directly contradicts the manga. You are exactly right though, as long as the users will is stronger than the targets, they should be broken. That has been directly stated on numerous occasions, as recently as chapter 672. CoC has also been shown capable of influencing people and controlling them, even taming animals.
    Last edited by Kaiten; July 11, 2012 at 07:45 PM.

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Those panels are completely different. You can clearly see his paw hitting Caribou and it's white. In the scene with the pacifista, his arm isn't there at all but prior to that his hands were still normal. Besides, surely if he was using gear 2 + CoA then that would have been a red hawk rather than a jet pistol?
    The paw hitting Caribou can't be seen. Only prior, but not the moment it is hitting him. Pekoms only acted a moment before Caribou's attack reached him. Thus everything was extremely fast.

As to Luffy, each time he uses CoA, the particular body part turns black. Doesn't have to be Gear 3. For instance here, he is using CoA in normal form (Gear 1 xD) and yet it turns black.

Could be that there are still things about CoA that we have yet to find out, I highly doubt we know all there is to know about haki at this point. Maybe there are different forms of CoA with the darkening of the skin representing a particular form.
    Except elemental attacks based on CoA, everything has been explained. I mean I have no questions besides that. By elemental I'm referring to Redhawk and the likes. I think heat/fire/ignition is produced by rapid movement enhanced by CoA.

Diable Jambe might work similar to that. Because it seems since the time skip, Sanji doesn't have to rotate (or whatever he does) anymore. Due to his haki control it seems he can produce heat without rapid movements. Not sure though, just guessing here.

Anyway, I don't expect any further haki explanation. Oda invested almost a whole chapter to that already. I think we are done with that. But even if, I'm pretty sure we won't get any new skills based on haki. That is something Im definitely sure about.

New Reply
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast