Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!!!

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

4 2.84%
  • 2 (Average)

25 17.73%
  • 3 (Good)

45 31.91%
  • 4 (Great!)

44 31.21%
  • 5 (Epic)

19 13.48%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 2.84%
New Reply
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 674 Discussion

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 674 Spoiler Discussion

Schabrak
    I really like Caesar as a villain for now. He doesn't give me a feeling that Enel gave during Skypea Arc, but still he looks damn unstoppable and his ability seems like a doom and not only is he a broken DF user, but he is so smart and tricky that he really feats to not only be a short-term villain, but he actually deserves to come back at some point.
    Still, I hope that Luffy will find a way to deal with him in this Arc. The thing that actually bothers me is not that Caesar looks strong enough to take down all the Mugivaras including Luffy, but also able to take down Smoker and his team at the same time, but we also have Vergo who also seems to be a monster in terms of power and seems to also have a DF, thus if they team up I can't even see all the current good guys combined being able to take them down without some sort of power-up or some sort of strategy or handicap on Vergo's and CC's side.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Just one line: I think that long-haired person on the last page with the Katana on his back is ....

Spoiler show
    Just one line: Doesn't make sense. :P Kinemon is pursuing his son and now he's somewhere else watching Caesar killing of his father?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Just one line: Doesn't make sense. :P Kinemon is pursuing his son and now he's somewhere else watching Caesar killing of his father?
    Well it made sense, if Mononosuke turns out to be a Rounin.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be funny if his son doesn't need resque and being a real beast who can make a difference in this Arc and help to take down all the baddies and then join Mugivaras. That will be quite an interesting turn of events.)

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter this week as well

I really can't help myself from being disappointed by the SH's . It seems sureal seeing them so helpless in front of this one dude . I mean i don't wanna see them being underesimated by the other SN , though in a way i think it's much better to surprise them than to be unstoppable still i expected too much from their 2y training .

And Luffy , dude , get up already and stop taking everything easy . Show us a serious fight dammit

The only one i still have hope in is Chopper

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Schabrak
    I really like Caesar as a villain for now. He doesn't give me a feeling that Enel gave during Skypea Arc, but still he looks damn unstoppable and his ability seems like a doom and not only is he a broken DF user, but he is so smart and tricky that he really feats to not only be a short-term villain, but he actually deserves to come back at some point.
    Still, I hope that Luffy will find a way to deal with him in this Arc. The thing that actually bothers me is not that Caesar looks strong enough to take down all the Mugivaras including Luffy, but also able to take down Smoker and his team at the same time, but we also have Vergo who also seems to be a monster in terms of power and seems to also have a DF, thus if they team up I can't even see all the current good guys combined being able to take them down without some sort of power-up or some sort of strategy or handicap on Vergo's and CC's side.
    Honestly, if Luffy is unable to take down the second villain since his biggest power-up yet without another power-up then it would be very disappointing. Luffy didn't even use his red hawk or elephant gatling gun against CC, and we don't even know if they're his strongest attacks yet. CC won because of a trick and because Luffy was underestimating him, both of which will not work for CC when Luffy fights him again.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course he didn't use his strongest attacks, but the same Caesar obviously didn't use his strongest attacks as well. He actually showed that he can casually take down all the Mugivaras and Smoker's crew at the same time without much of an effort. I even doubt Zoro and Sanji would have made a difference if they were there.
    The thing is how would Luffy withstand the effects of Caesar's DF as in terms of raw power + Haki Luffy should be strong enough to take down Caesar, but how will he be able to withstand different gases and won't go down?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Not much Luffy could have done. He essentially handled CC until he got tricked and collapsed.

I dont think Luffy, Zoro or Sanji will have to go all out to beat these guys IMO. Its a good thing that Kid and his crew will underestimate SH and Law, meaning they wont be on theyre tail for that much.

Of course he didn't use his strongest attacks, but the same Caesar obviously didn't use his strongest attacks as well. He actually showed that he can casually take down all the Mugivaras and Smoker's crew at the same time without much of an effort. I even doubt Zoro and Sanji would have made a difference if they were there.
    The thing is how would Luffy withstand the effects of Caesar's DF as in terms of raw power + Haki Luffy should be strong enough to take down Caesar, but how will he be able to withstand different gases and won't go down?
    Luffy seemed Semi serious if at all during his skirmish with CC. I have no doubt in my mind that Luffy wont have to go all out to defeat him.

Im not sure who Zoro will fight since i want to see a quick fight of Law vs Vergo. The SH saving Law from Vergo could be used to strengthen theyre relationship.
    Last edited by jaymizzo; July 10, 2012 at 07:39 AM.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do I get the impression that the cigar pirate is Crocodile? I think the other one may be Hawkins or just a yet to be introduced NW pirate. But I'm so excited to get a glimpse of Kid again.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course Luffy wasn't serious against CC, but CC also didn't show his best during their fight. So I believe Luffy will need to go all-out to take him down, especially as CC isn't only a Logia user, but a proficient Logia user with a damn tricky DF and he seems to know Haki to some extent and he has a great intellect who is second only to Vegapunk's.

I don't even know who Zoro will fight. It might even be that they will team up and try to take down Caesar in a team and Vergo in a team as the guys seem too much for Strawhats, Law or Smokey to be taken in one on one.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't even know who Zoro will fight. It might even be that they will team up and try to take down Caesar in a team and Vergo in a team as the guys seem too much for Strawhats, Law or Smokey to be taken in one on one.
    Dont think Luffy would want to share an opponent though.

I dont think they are too much for Luffy, Law, Zoro or Smoker. I think in a serious all out they would be taken down by them in a 1v1. Zoro vs Vergo would be interesting with Vergo retreating and Luffy/Law vs Cesar with one of them winning against him.
    I may have unrealistic expactations of how strong Law, Zoro and Luffy are but i still expect them to beat these guys. This is one of theyre first hurdles/challenges. If they have a hard time here then they shouldnt be in a rush at all. According to Law they seem to be.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Resgia's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that all these guys (kidd, pekoms etc. )in the last panels get involved so that a big showdown can happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Why do I get the impression that the cigar pirate is Crocodile?
    Crocodile with afro? That would be gross... but it's possible nonetheless. o_O

But apparently, those guys are watching what's happening through some kind of monitor as there are some visual den den in a bubble.

Man the final page is so weird, and still Oda decided to work on the movie/the next volume instead.
    Last edited by hoeru; July 10, 2012 at 08:10 AM.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

jaymizzo
    I believe any of these two would be obviously too much for Smokey as he was taken down by Law who was no match for any of thse guys as he was taken down easily by Vergo and he didn't want to go in one on one against Caesar and I believe he knows his own limits.
    And I obviously don't think that Zoro can take any of these guys in one on one. At least for now. Maybe after one or two more Arcs - yes.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast