Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!!!

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

4 2.84%
  • 2 (Average)

25 17.73%
  • 3 (Good)

45 31.91%
  • 4 (Great!)

44 31.21%
  • 5 (Epic)

19 13.48%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 2.84%
New Reply
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 674 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb OP 674: Vid-snails

I think the real reason why Oda put those cameras around the island it to let the New World pirates observe the Mugiwaras fight. Their experience from FI is as most of the times not recognized by the rest of the world, this may be their chance to out some fear and excitement into NW pirates. It would be funny if the Marines got another tap on those vid-snails too.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

2. Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 674 Discussion / 675 Prediction

The first thing I thought of when i saw that CC was broadcasting to the entire (or mostly all) New World, is that in the next few chapters, Luffy is gonna grab the mic and say something stupid or profound to let the New World know he's here.

I called CC being able to manipulate all types of Gas and that there are other types of Gas that aren't poisonous...so no shock there.

Surprised Brownbeard was still alive...or rather that we discovered he was still alive so quickly. I guess they needed a way to logically get Usopp and Nami out of trouble.

Overall, average chapter...
    My One Piece Predictions:
    Spoiler show

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, first post but long time reader I just had to mention a few things, props to usopp for warning sanji/nami about CC then launching his own attack on him. Way to man up. Is it just me or does jozu make the most sense for the cigar smoker on the last page? If you look at it you can see marco standing in the background(makes sense for both of WB remaining commanders to still be together) this also brings up something I've thought about from the war...wasn't WB final order to protect luffy...would they still honor that order after his death and some how play a roll later on? Finally, How did you guys not notice that fesh scar on kidd's face?

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Laif's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

hell YES!!!! Luffy's carefree smile and other supernovas make my day

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems that Nami and Usopp will always be useless for the most part of the Arc as they can't even manage to not only to stall Caesar combined, but can't even make the kids sleep with some of their moves. Of course the kids seem to have gotten damn strong in terms of raw power at least, but still Usopp should have gotten way stronger after his timeskip. And he has a great variety of poipgreen that can make a person go unconcious.

I like Schabrak's theory about this broadcast that will play in Luffy's favour. It would be quiet typical. If Luffy manages to shine on Punk Hazard and NW pirates will see him kicking asses, then they will act seriously towards him and won't play with him as they will know what to expect from him and his crew.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat 13 View Post
    How did you guys not notice that fesh scar on kidd's face?
    The scar on Kids face is an old thing. It was revealead in a poster drawn by Oda, which had time-skip forms of all the Supernova. I think that is the main reason why no one mentioned it particulary.

I'm actually fond of the idea that the shadowed figures represent the Yonkou. I think Doflamingo is all about anarchy, and if he is the one pulling the strings here (pun: intented) it would be totally like him to shake the power balance by manufacturing an incredible weapon, and then only selling it to only one party. Or later possibly revealing he has more of such powers for sale, resulting in something like a nuclear prepare war.

I don't think Kid would be under an Yonkou though, doesn't seem the type. Maybe he has been chosen just because his tendency to cause chaos, something Joker likes. Or simply it is as many here have suggested; majority of the New World is watching the broadcast.

And I think it is 99% sure that Luffy will somehow steal the spotlight of the "show".

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the cigar man and the Swordsperson are new pirates we have never seen before. Person with the cigar could be Kaido. As for the Swordperson, it looks like a woman instead of a man.

Was an alright chapter, but the last page is what really made it good as it serves to to prepare us for the introduction of old and new pirates.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone needs to say it so i guess it will have to be me...The chapter was less than stellar, especially given the sheer awesomeness that was the chapter last week in addition to the fact that there is a break next week...(2 breaks in two weeks, Oda is killing me!!)...
    Highlights of the chapter is:
    1)the broadcast which am sure as Schabrak pointed out will only add to the infamy of the strawhats and
    2) the weak trio(two of them at least) standing up to a villain they would never have attempted to pre-timeskip...
    other than that I honestly felt a little cheated by the sparse action from the major players
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VashDaStampede View Post
    I called CC being able to manipulate all types of Gas and that there are other types of Gas that aren't poisonous...so no shock there.
    Anybody who claimed it not to be didn't think/read clearly and made an obvious mistake. You predicted him to be a gas user? Shocking! :P Really don't know why anyone would doubt him being able to manipulate every element in gas form. Caesar could become even more overpowered if Oda looks up some periodic table and their explanations.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: OP 674: Vid-snails

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I think the real reason why Oda put those cameras around the island it to let the New World pirates observe the Mugiwaras fight. Their experience from FI is as most of the times not recognized by the rest of the world, this may be their chance to out some fear and excitement into NW pirates. It would be funny if the Marines got another tap on those vid-snails too.
    That would be great At least that would make me not be mad at the SH's anymore And of course that would stir the envy of the other SN thing that would be satisfying .

I wanna see the SH's make a great entrance in the NW , one that would erase all the doings of the other SN like Kidd or Law during those 2y and let everyone know that he will indeed make this new pirate age

Overall the chapter was good . I'm glad we finally know what made Luffy unconscious . That ability to control the air of CC's sure is convenient . It seems so unfair for such bastard to posses such an awesome DF

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat 13 View Post
    Is it just me or does jozu make the most sense for the cigar smoker on the last page? If you look at it you can see marco standing in the background(makes sense for both of WB remaining commanders to still be together)

Finally, How did you guys not notice that fesh scar on kidd's face?
    Welcome in the writting half of the forum.

I don't think Jozu would be a wine drinker, nor that Marco would have to stand while he's sitting, having been the 1st commander of the WB pirates. Even less that he would display him in such fashion, especially as someone invited to observe a weapon of mass destruction.

We know about the scar and the portrayal of all Supernova from a colored pictured Oda drew some months ago.

Some mentioned the one in the bottom right panel to be Hawkins, seems more like a woman to me, which would be nice since we have only Big Mam, the Sanjiyan-like girl, Tashigi and Bonney in the mostly men dominated world. The scawl or cape doesn't fit Hawkins post-TS picture and it would be weird to see two out of four spectators to be Supernovas instead of teasing some new characters.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My thought is that the "food" for smiley is the whole collection of Luffy and co. In the cage. The "experiment" will be carried out on the G-5 marines, while in a show of power CC will attempt to feed Smiley while the video snails watch....which will be the moment when Luffy finally gets serious, hopefully

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait wut ? Did I miss something ? An early chapter or what ?

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I don't think Jozu would be a wine drinker, nor that Marco would have to stand while he's sitting, having been the 1st commander of the WB pirates. Even less that he would display him in such fashion, especially as someone invited to observe a weapon of mass destruction.

We know about the scar and the portrayal of all Supernova from a colored pictured Oda drew some months ago.
    The jozu thing is just a hunch...I don't think oda has ever shown him at 'rest'....maybe he is a wine drinker?? And Marco always seemed to be a stander to me. Of course it's oda and this is baseless guessing. Thanks for welcoming me, fresh*
    Last edited by Uriel; July 11, 2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 674 Spoiler Discussion

Hm... Is it just me or did Oda just make Clown's power superior to Ace's? ö_Ö

Quote Originally Posted by omegakai View Post
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/78469081/1 QC is better than the one on mangapanda
    I was about to agree since the Mangapanda version was aweful this week. But then Mangastream named Nami's attack again "Black Hole" - while it's Black BALL... The dakuten can be seen pretty clear in the RAW... as last time on Fishman Island, too.

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Why do I get the impression that the cigar pirate is Crocodile?
    You know... That has to be Crocodile! And the one to his left is Mr.1.

But still... Crocodile and an afro?
    Last edited by hoeru; July 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast