Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 368 Discussion/369 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 368 Discussion/369 Prediction Thread

^

Just about everyone jumped ship apparently.

This arc isn't quite over yet but the only events of any real significance so far have been Reika and Cherry's deaths, and Reika's kind of came out of nowhere.

Oh and the Gantzman I guess, though he was kind of obsolete once this whole thing started anyway.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    ^

Just about everyone jumped ship apparently.

This arc isn't quite over yet but the only events of any real significance so far have been Reika and Cherry's deaths, and Reika's kind of came out of nowhere.

Oh and the Gantzman I guess, though he was kind of obsolete once this whole thing started anyway.
    Oh ya reikas death. That made me so happy lol I hated her.

Ok so this arc had one good thing.

Anyone know when spoilers are due?
    I hope that this time their going somewhere with answers, maby this will be a good chapter :Fingers crossed:
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz Re: Gantz 368 Discussion/369 Prediction Thread

Good to see you again Kozar...but let's not start the bashing lol.

If Oku knows something, is how to make you lose interest in something.

The Gantz man was one of the most interesting and mysterious concepts in the manga, but when he died i didn't care one bit...in fact, i knew that the concept of the gantz man would go nowhere that one chapter that came after the creation of Kurono 2 and the gantz man went walking to the streets (gods know where...and yeah, that wasn't explained either).

But there is still hope for the revelations in the next chapter. I liked the entire Gantz factory thing, the fat girl and Sebastian...something bizarre needs to happen in the next chapter.The mistery behind the aliens and the black sphere are the most interesting parts of this manga for me.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Good to see you again Kozar...but let's not start the bashing lol.
    Is 'character bashing' not allowed? Why?

What if they're really shit?

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    If Oku knows something, is how to make you lose interest in something.

The Gantz man was one of the most interesting and mysterious concepts in the manga, but when he died i didn't care one bit...in fact, i knew that the concept of the gantz man would go nowhere that one chapter that came after the creation of Kurono 2 and the gantz man went walking to the streets (gods know where...and yeah, that wasn't explained either).

But there is still hope for the revelations in the next chapter. I liked the entire Gantz factory thing, the fat girl and Sebastian...something bizarre needs to happen in the next chapter.The mistery behind the aliens and the black sphere are the most interesting parts of this manga for me.
    I liked the gantzman's death... the scene was good, but the timing was bad. The perfect timing for his death would have been AFTER revealing who the hell he is. The stuff you mentioned in your last paragraph ought to be very interesting but it's fairly likely at this point that they'll be dropped without any further mention.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Uzumakijl's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

What chapter did Gantz man die on?

~Proud lurker~

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    was sometime after Katou and the team tried to rescue a bunch of civilians from the giants.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

It's right after the aliens start sending suicide ants into the apartment. Nishi makes an epic escape together with Takeshi, and Gantz man comes flying after them... so to speak.

Chapter 342.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the gantzman's death... the scene was good, but the timing was bad. The perfect timing for his death would have been AFTER revealing who the hell he is. The stuff you mentioned in your last paragraph ought to be very interesting but it's fairly likely at this point that they'll be dropped without any further mention.
    About who the Gantzman is... I think we can safely assume that the Gantzman is a transmitter like the fat German girl. And the reason for why he can't revive people is that the people who control Gantz aren't sending the codes to bring back the dead to him, only instead giving him the codes to transfer people.
    /random thought

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Is 'character bashing' not allowed? Why?

What if they're really shit?
    Do so in a more constructive manner, no outward bashing and not too much non-contributing posts where it is just out in the open bashing and nothing else.

Now no more off-topic posts guys, discuss the current events and chapter in this thread only.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhina View Post
    It's right after the aliens start sending suicide ants into the apartment. Nishi makes an epic escape together with Takeshi, and Gantz man comes flying after them... so to speak.

Chapter 342.
    and then Oku completely forgets nishi's development and writes him off as pure evil and wants to rule the world.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EliteBeatAgents View Post
    and then Oku completely forgets nishi's development and writes him off as pure evil and wants to rule the world.
    If you didn't see that coming for his character, then thats not Oku's fault.

I always figured Nishi would want to do something like this.

He knew that the person that wins controls the world. It was to far a stretch of the imagination to assume he'd like that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post

He knew that the person that wins controls the world. It was to far a stretch of the imagination to assume he'd like that.
    The thing is, we all knew Nishi was a weirdo, but he kept it to himself. His main goal from the start was to get 100 points and leave gantz(hinted from his death scene). We saw that Nishi doesn't attack people only when provoked, and doesn't really help people unless it humors him. It seemed very out of place to have a person like Nishi who only killed for pts and killed cats for sexual pleasure and wanted to survive for his mother to a guy who saved a kid suppose to his 100pter weapons, and wanting to come ruler of world. It just seems like a huge jump, or lazy writing if you view it like that.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

You thought he wanted to "rule the world"?

The idea that anyone could single-handedly control the world is already a stretch.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

The thing is, we all knew Nishi was a weirdo, but he kept it to himself. His main goal from the start was to get 100 points and leave gantz(hinted from his death scene). We saw that Nishi doesn't attack people only when provoked, and doesn't really help people unless it humors him. It seemed very out of place to have a person like Nishi who only killed for pts and killed cats for sexual pleasure and wanted to survive for his mother to a guy who saved a kid suppose to his 100pter weapons, and wanting to come ruler of world. It just seems like a huge jump, or lazy writing if you view it like that.
    I think his comments at the death scene were simply regrets that came to the surface because of his injuries.. in the end he never left. I don't think he ever would have. He was in it for the long haul...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said, it wasn't that far a stretch of the imagination for me.

Its not oku's fault you didn't see it coming.

Or didn't expect it

The kid said "who ever wins, controls the world". So I just assumed he may be interested too.

Nishi's character progression has been all over the place.

I don't blame oku for not having planned for Katastrophe during the second arc of the story.

So who nishi used to be and what he becmae later on when the manga had a clear destination was understandable.

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

You thought he wanted to "rule the world"?

The idea that anyone could single-handedly control the world is already a stretch.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------
    I didn't say I thought he was going to. I said, I wasn't shocked to see that he would want too. I don't think it came out of no where, and I think it makes sense based on Nishi's character.

Nishi's motives seem to change through out the story. He's not a suicidal maniac. He always had a plan.

And he doesn't do frivolous things. He's a little pussy for gods sake, he wouldn't have teleported on the Mech without having some type of plan.

Sure saving takeshi was out of character, but at least he made up for it with how confused he was by his actions. So its not like they just left it dead in the water.

Amazing how you guys complain about character development, then nishi's character expands, and you hold it against Oku.

Jesus, Gantz can't win with you guys.
    Last edited by kliff2004; August 03, 2012 at 08:41 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Mad Re: Gantz 368 Discussion/369 Prediction Thread

Nishi's character progression has been all over the place.

I don't blame oku for not having planned for Katastrophe during the second arc of the story.

You should.

So who nishi used to be and what he becmae later on when the manga had a clear destination was understandable.
    Non, this was a sudden change imo. Plus his actions weren't even remotely rational. He's a lot of thing but he's not insane.

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

I didn't say I thought he was going to. I said, I wasn't shocked to see that he would want too. I don't think it came out of no where, and I think it makes sense based on Nishi's character.
    I don't agree. Is his statement that whoever 'wins' Katastrophe gets to rule the world an indication that a) thinks he can do it by himself or b) even wants to? I don't think so.

Nishi's motives seem to change through out the story. He's not a suicidal maniac. He always had a plan.
    Except this time apparently.

And he doesn't do frivolous things. He's a little pussy for gods sake, he wouldn't have teleported on the Mech without having some type of plan.
    That's exactly what he did.

Sure saving takeshi was out of character, but at least he made up for it with how confused he was by his actions. So its not like they just left it dead in the water.
    I actually thought this was well within his character.

Amazing how you guys complain about character development, then nishi's character expands, and you hold it against Oku.
    I don't think it expanded. It threw every existing personality trait out the fucking window in a convenient attempt to have Kei and Nishi face off for once. And Kei and Tae won of course, surprise surprise. Fuck any rational outcome of Nishi's considerable attempts to take both of them out.

Jesus, Gantz can't win with you guys.
    Yeah well, it needs to lift it's game a bit.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast