Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Gantz 368 Discussion/369 Prediction Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 368 Discussion/369 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    Yeah well, it needs to lift it's game a bit.
    :: shrugs ::

Its rather grandiose of Nishi to think he could rule the world, or would even want too.

Thats what crazy guys do. They kill cats, they kill people, then they get even crazier. Whats crazier than simply killing people for the sake of it? well ruling a planet is definitely above that. Not to far a stretch of the imagination if you ask me. And it just doesn't feel like it came out of no where. I knew he was up to something. And now we know what it is.

But you don't see that.

You think it made more sense for him to save a little boys life.

K.

I'm sure there are people that Don't agree with that statement.

I suspect we will see him again, and that something will happen. Or at least I hope so. I don't want nishi to get an off screen death like Reika. And as disappointing as Reika's off screen death was. She's never once had a really good fight. So I can't say I care to much. I've never seen Reika kick ass. In retrospect, there's only one female in the entire series to have a good fight seen. And thats the next suicidal bimbo thats all over kaze.

I just don't want to be disappointed with gantz because its not giving me what I want.

I just want to enjoy it for what it is.
    Last edited by kliff2004; August 03, 2012 at 10:23 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    :: shrugs ::

Its rather grandiose of Nishi to think he could rule the world, or would even want too.

Thats what crazy guys do. They kill cats, they kill people, then they get even crazier. Whats crazier than simply killing people for the sake of it? well ruling a planet is definitely above that. Not to far a stretch of the imagination if you ask me. And it just doesn't feel like it came out of no where. I knew he was up to something. And now we know what it is.
    But that's the thing, Nishi only kills people when they they try killing him. The only time we seen him kill was cats, his classmates, and the underling in the second mission. That's why I see him ruling the world as a stretch.

and all in all I'm actually kinda disappointed with how Oku's wrapping up the series. I wanted this mission to have a great feeling similar to the Oni mission or the italian mission.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@kliff2004:
    We know he enjoys killing.. specificallly he enjoys killing aliens and animals. He also enjoys the thrill of watching others fight, even if they die.

Every time he's killed a person though he's either been backed into a corner or provoked. He clearly doesn't place any inherent value on human life but that he hasn't ever gone out of his way to harm innocent people.

Apart from that, we seem to have different ideas on what his personality is like. I don't think of him as crazy. I think he's completely rational, it's just he doesn't immediately empathise with the people around him. I think it's pretty clear he doesn't care about the wellbeing of other people (at least right off the bat) and that he also immensely enjoys violence. But, I think that's all there is to it.

I don't see him as some delusional maniac, with some fucked up idea about controlling and ruling over other people..

I don't think 'he's just crazy!' is a good explanation for his behaviour. Especially when you try and use that to account for anything he does or might do in future.

Why do I think the mech assault arc thing was out of character? It was completely irrational for him.

- No escape plan (transfered to the mothership without the means to transfer back out? come on, man)
    - None of the tech he usually carries with him? (GPS/invisibility thing)
    - Reliance on the zaibatsu to get him out of there? (WTF)
    - No regard for the fact that gantzers were being murdered instantly all over the fucking place by cannons off in the distance, despite the fact that mechs have no ranged attacks and can't dodge for shit.. and there's no revivals or anything.
    - I will rule the world!!! (fuck that, not even remotely possible you maniac :/ )
    Last edited by Damura; August 03, 2012 at 12:22 PM.

New Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12