Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 195 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    If you guys hadn't said anything I would have thought that the Dharma horse was one of the four beasts. Interestingly enough, he chose to go with the name (Zebra) rather than the matching of his ability and persona. The size of that horse is extreme, it should be able to fight one the four beast itself. Also is that guy who entered with he food the food magician that said he would stay behind? If so, hasn't his appearance changed a bit? Anyway, Toriko is growing stronger with every chapter, I just hope that the manga will include some character development as well.
    He isn't the gourmet magician, he's one of those top rank chefs that were mentioned by JoeJoe. You can see part of his face down there. Also the one who said was gonna come to the Human World during the Cooking fest is Kousairou, the Gourmet Hermit, while the gourmet magician is called Manan.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ryuma00's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post

Also, there's a nice thing in this manga : sometimes, I really do want to eat the ingredients there. I do recall when Toriko & Komatsu were at Setsuno's restaurant to eat the Century soup, when she prepared that Odon Donburi, I swear to god, it made me hungry seeing how Setsuno was preparing the dish
    I totally agree with this. When I read chapters focused on food I had to eat something (I read toriko from chapter 1 to aprox 160 in 2-3 weeks and gain on weigth 3 kilo, although it was christmas time)...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fcToho's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Kiss wear some kind of armor, what do you think? Or is he grown and looks different?

http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Kiss

http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/195/16

I also think Zebra's pet is a little too big, so I hope it's some kind of intimidation/illusion. ;-)

EDIT:
    changed the link to mangareader
    Last edited by fcToho; July 11, 2012 at 05:38 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I totally agree as it seems that during last Arcs Toriko has gotten a great sucsess, so it's really strange for me that we don't have that many members who would like to discuss the new chapters [..]
    I'm totally with you on that. I understand a manga about eating food might not sound that interesting. But ever since Toriko got its own section on MH and since it does very good in sales in Japan, I expected more ppl to join. But strangely and sadly things did not go the way I wished for. ..

But this sounds depressing, so lets move on xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    [..]There's no pointless dragging of the story here, it always get straight to the point while still keeping enough mystery to keep the reader hooked. [..]
    Gotta agree here. This is one of Torikos strong point. I love the pace, the character and the whole premise. No more words needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    That city was getting cocky.
    Lolz.. Nice one!

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fcToho View Post
    Does Kiss wear some kind of armor, what do you think? Or is he grown and looks different?
    There does seem to be something around his neck area. Maybe its some kid of seat for Coco, or just Kiss skin. I don't think it is armour though. Wouldn't rly fit the characteristics of the manga.

btw the mangapanda links do not work. Just use mangateers.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to be picky...but even though the translation has Zebra saying that he's NOT teaming up, he's just using the horse as Transportation, I think we can tell by Zebra's personality in previous chapters that the horse either already is or will be Zebra's pet.

And like someone else said, if I didn't know any better I woulda thought Zebra's pet was on of the 4 Beast. I was like uh oh, fight's about to start.

Also, a Dharma hermit...I think we may get a little arc or something on those guys later on...

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    It probably already is. Other than One Piece plenty of other manga bounce back and forth into the top 3. The notion of the big 3 is a big misnomer, the other 2 dropped off a great deal quite some time back. Bleach has been in the bottom half plenty of times.

On another note, was anyone else surprised hearing the 4 Kings say that they all completed Food Honor? Kind of odd.
    When he said "we" he meant himself and Komatsu. This is also supported when sani said it's a pain in the ass- something which someone who mastered food honor wouldn't say

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad we get to see my favorite character pet. I wouldnt be surprised if its one of the 4 beast. Zebra is a boss like that.

I say Toriko is 2nd to one piece. I say the big three should be
    One Piece
    Toriko
    Hunter X Hunter

I wish it was more popular here people mad because its about food. I just see Toriko taking the most basic principle to get stronger and turn it into entertainment. I know Toriko is in its early days still but i will take it over Naruto any day.

I want to say Toriko is like the only main character in shounen jump with common sense and strong.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zebra's pet seems too massive that it is overpower! I mean sani's pet was pretty big already but compare to that horse...probably about the size of its hair. WOW. Zebra seems more and more powerful!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masubiladin View Post
    Zebra's pet seems too massive that it is overpower! I mean sani's pet was pretty big already but compare to that horse...probably about the size of its hair. WOW. Zebra seems more and more powerful!
    Well if the horse is that big and powerful from the GM there is no point for Zebra to go, I mean the freaking horse can take care of it. Unless there is a trick to beating them or killing them. Also the New Chef seemed pretty cool. At first I thought that the guy was from GM that Prez sent. Now I am wondering if the Dharma thing that Zebra talked about is something like Food Honor, except it uses rage.

Doesn't Dharma means balance, so maybe Zebra is learning to better control his anger. Now last power up to be revealed is Coco's. Sanni has that thing he learned (forgot name of tech.), Toriko has Food Honor, Zebra has Dharma, that leaves Coco or did I miss something and they already showed Coco's training.

I know my thoughts are all over the place, its just that chapter was so damn awesome and I can't keep getting amazed by Zebra's pet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Freaking great chapter. The Four Heavenly Kings chowing down at the 5th Ranked Chef's restaurant. I hope we see that guy fight in the future, he looks like he has an awesome ability. I'm also glad that they all were compatible with the Bubble Fruit. I hope the other three have something that can compete with Food Honor though. I like Zoro#1's idea of Zebra learning from the Dharma Hermit.

And last but not least, the awesomeness that is Zebra's pet partner. Just look at it. It's like it was looking into everyone's soul.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Dharma Hermit Zebra dessert is Daruma Hermit Tribute wonder if Zebra got it from there. Zebra pet is fuc*king awesome bet that thing could kill any of the 4 beast no problem. This chapter how awesome and badass Zebra is easily my favourite character in Toriko.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Zebra's pet is so big! I think it's taller than the fork and knife buillding because it's still from afar. And I don't think it's just intimidation because we can see the buildings are smashed where it's standing. There are even flying debris around its feet.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

There goes some gourmet city restaurant trampled by that horse =/
    probably no name chef restaurant
    chapter is just too cool but ahh co*kblock again why the hell zebra!

I also realise that we aren't getting much fan who comes here to discuss the chapter but thread view is pretty huge. Toriko is really famous in Japan (toc ranking is always top 2 recently) and google search hit is way above what the other mangas are getting even compared to naruto and 1 piece. I often participate in the toc ranking talk. Even though toriko always gets top 3 its hardly ever mention in there =/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by BlackHair; July 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: That city was getting cocky - Buggy

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Roronoa Zoro View Post
    Speaking of Dharma Hermit Zebra dessert is Daruma Hermit Tribute wonder if Zebra got it from there. Zebra pet is fuc*king awesome bet that thing could kill any of the 4 beast no problem. This chapter how awesome and badass Zebra is easily my favourite character in Toriko.
    Awesome find, they are sure to be connected somehow. Also, as Zoro #1 said, it looks like Zebra was training under Dharma Hermit.

Taking his character into account, it is safe to assume that Dharma Horse IS actually his partner, but he doesn't want to admit it.

Slightly overlooked in this chapter, I really like their convo about success and failure and taking responsibility for everything that happens to you. Toriko's remark that in a way failure can be considered success is something to think about.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast