Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 196 Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko Toriko 196 Discussion Thread

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Toriko!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; July 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 196 Spoiler Thread

Translation is here

As expected Toriko will face Gaou and Zebra will face that Mounturtle, although I was expecting Sani to face Invaideath, but meh. I guess that Invaideath may be a poisonous beast or something, anyway this is getting epic.
    Last edited by Zehahaha; July 18, 2012 at 01:33 PM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, I don't want to read this. I don't want to spoil myself.. xD Mangateers for soem reasons didn't release any raw yet.

Anyway, we will have our chapter tomorrow. I will wait in great anticipation.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

great chapter. love toriko so much . great manga.

pictures are out.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah as expected, Invaideath is certainly a poisonous beast, he seems to have used some kind of acid on that tank. Guess it's pretty clear that each beast matches more or less with the fighting style of the Four Heavenly Kings.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter out : http://www.mangateers.com/manga/toriko/196/1/

Nice sani against the king octopus, but the gourmet pyramid and ice hell destroyed?

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ Yeah I really hope the salamander sphynx, puffer fish whales, bb corn and rainbow fruit somehow survived... Those were a large chunk of the tastier foods available in the human world, and without them new bishokuya will have a far harder time reaching the level they need to in order to be able to survive in the gourmet world, I suppose they will have little option other than convincing big players to take them into the gourmet world and protect them so they can train and eat high level ingredients, or otherwise they will have to over-hunt the remaining high level ingredients.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Calling it now, the basis for the Heavenly Kings powers are from the 4 Beasts. I wouldn't be surprised if their gourmet cells came from each respective beast that they're fighting.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner d_ace_shines's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the pace. This chapter is interesting, but I don't like how ice hell, gourmet pyramid and another place where toriko has visited get destroyed easily. But this is already happening, so I hope this beast has capture level above 150, or even above 200. If not, then it's dissapointing for me
    So now the four heavenly knight are stronger than those massive military force :3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, what stood out to me the most about this chapter is that certain locations were destroyed...like Gourmet Pyramid, Ice Hell, the 1st and 8th Biotopes. I'm wondering how those places will be restored; if at all. I wonder if the Salamander Sphynx is just now roaming across the desert.

Now that everyone is squared off and the fights are about to start...I want to predict that one of the 4 Heavenly Kings will have a harder time than the others with their beast. I really think that one of them will lose, but I doubt that will happen. Either way, the real excitement is coming in the next chapters.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Until we're told otherwise, Ice Hell is pretty much gone. No reforming that, I think. Only the visible part of the pyramid got destroyed, probably. The Biotopes can likely be restored thanks to technology, and as for Wu Jungle we know that place is constantly growing, and I doubt all the BB Corn was destroyed.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 196 Discussion Thread

The chapter was interesting.
    So these Beasts are really that damn strong that not even a damn Fleet, Air Forces and satelites of humanity managed to scratch them! And they should have to be damn powerful. Now try to imagine how strong Heavingly Kings are as they are capable of taking down these Four Beasts.

And match-ups are as we predicted. Would be interesting to see the fights.

That's a pity that most of the places Toriko had visited were destroyed by Four Beasts, but I hope the ingridients didn't dissapear.

P.S. Zatono, you've posted a very interesting theory! You might be right on this. As it might really happen that Heavingly Kings were really given Gourmet Cells by Ichiryu from these Beasts and thus their final challenge to perfect their power is to take down these Beasts.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Gojiraaaaaa! Mothraa! Megaguirus! King Ghidorah! Aaaaaaaaaah! That's pretty much the only thoughts that came to my mind during the first few pages of the chapter. It was kind of awesome. The destruction of the ecosystems was a tad bit nostalgic, most are likely to recover to some extent over time. The match-ups have aligned with everyone's expectations. And the general styles of the beasts combat abilities were also within expectations. Now, the battles begin. I'm excited to see what the four are capable of after their training.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that the Gourmet Pyramid destroyed was only the tip of the castle, Salamander Sphinx is miles away into the structure deep into the sand.

Match-ups as predicted, that's nice, and the buildup is crazy with Four Beasts destroying everything in their path and all that army unable to stop them.

Dharma Horse seen from close is actually very much zebra-like, what better partner for Zebra

Now the real fight starts!

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast