Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 195 Spoiler Thread

Things are about to get crazy. The Four Heavenly Kings together is definitely a sign of massive battles to come. I was just thinking about Terry's growth, and then I saw that Quin seems to have grown a bit, as well as changed somewhat in appearance. And then, Zebra introduces that beast. That things is just too ridiculous to be acceptable as a pet, or transport. In the next few chapters we should get to see what the others have learned over the course of their training and ingredient retrieval. Seriously excited.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

Personal Prediction:
    • The Four Heavenly Kings split up, each going in a different direction.
    • Komatsu decides to stay back and watches the rest of the DVD.
    • Ichiryuu reveals that the Four Beasts are Specially Prepared Ingredients, and needs to be killed in a certain way to make them tasty.
    • Komatsu doesn't know what to do, but Yuda helps, lending Komatsu his own Animal Partner and offering to contact the Kings about the rest of the message.
    • Komatsu agrees and goes on Yuda's Animal Partner after Zebra, who was most likely the one to kill his beast first for getting cocky.
    • After defeating a beast, they will travel to the next King, with Toriko's beast being the last.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that they're supposed to be killed, since Ichiryuu would have just done it when he drove them away. They're probably like the Sphinx, you need to beat them down in a certain way to get an ingredient from them.

One thing is for sure though, those last 2 things Ichiryuu wanted to say is going to bite them in the ass.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was funny, but mostly it was just in order to show mental growth on Toriko's and Coco's part (though Cocoi was already the most collected, cool and intellectual among all Heavingly Kings). And Zebra is still the same.)
    The thing about his "transportation". Will it really be only a transportation or will it really become his pet as it seems that it's Dharma Hermit's pet as he landed it to Zebra. Also it's sure might be interesting to learn more about this Dharma Hermit and Zebra's training as it seems that this Hermit might have trained Zebra and in order to make him actually listen to you you must be damn strong.

And more important - there are Demon Beasts in Toriko. So there should be ton of interesting beasts that can not only feat Zebra, but also be interesting opponents for Heavingly Kings later in the story.

And so, what are you thinking are those two things that we haven't heard? I believe they will be more important than what Ichiryu had told us.)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post
    Personal Prediction:
    • The Four Heavenly Kings split up, each going in a different direction.
    • Komatsu decides to stay back and watches the rest of the DVD.
    • Ichiryuu reveals that the Four Beasts are Specially Prepared Ingredients, and needs to be killed in a certain way to make them tasty.
    • Komatsu doesn't know what to do, but Yuda helps, lending Komatsu his own Animal Partner and offering to contact the Kings about the rest of the message.
    • Komatsu agrees and goes on Yuda's Animal Partner after Zebra, who was most likely the one to kill his beast first for getting cocky.
    • After defeating a beast, they will travel to the next King, with Toriko's beast being the last.
    I think that is true and that will give Komatsu something to do.

I also get the vibe that Ichi wanted to tell the four of the, that each beast is suited to one of the kings and that they should split up accordingly.
    Of course they won't do this and will have to change enemies to suit their fighting styles and abilities.
    It feels somewhat familiar with this kind of story structure.

I also want to stress the reason what I love about Toriko the most.
    Unlike Dragonball e.g. where you are worthless unless you are a Saiyan or Naruto where you need some form of supernatural power-up and without you are utterly useless for the sake of the plot Toriko has many and very different styles and ways of growth.

Toriko learned food honour and food immersion.
    Sani learned about Intuition from Guemon.
    Zerbra learned a lot from a Dharma Hermit whatever that means.
    All things very differebnt in their nature and it give the feeling that there is a vest and living world in Toriko of which we only get to see a small share at a time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am really enjoying this arc, I enjoyed there meal together, the chemistry is just great between them. I wonder what Ichiryuu was going to tell them before zebra turned off the tv, and guys I really enjoy Toriko, some people just aren't quick to give it a chance, but when they do. They usually think it is a very great manga.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Each of the 4 heavenly kings trained differently even if Toriko was the only one to master food honor it probably isn't required to eat the cooked bubble fruit.

Speaking of Komatsu he has always been portrayed as a weakling, and without GC he would never be able to survive the gravity of GW.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    ^ Each of the 4 heavenly kings trained differently even if Toriko was the only one to master food honor it probably isn't required to eat the cooked bubble fruit.

Speaking of Komatsu he has always been portrayed as a weakling, and without GC he would never be able to survive the gravity of GW.
    True, but humans have ventured into the gourmet world even before the GC were discovered. So I am thinking that as far as the changing weather and conditions go he will have some difficulty, but overall he would get through it.

As for the Bubble fruit, it is a special capture and cooking ingredient so it would be a pretty annoying to make it a special eating ingredient also. It was a pain just to capture and cook it so eating it should at least be a little easier.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3