Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 35 Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 35 Discussion

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Shingeki no Kyojin~

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Spoilers posted by: Oberon

Raw Chapter #35Verification: Confirmed
    Source: JJT - Juin Jutsu Team
    Credits: JJT - Juin Jutsu Team

Raw Here: JJT - Juin Jutsu Team
    Last edited by Knifeshade; July 06, 2012 at 06:33 AM.
    -

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 35 Spoiler Thread

Woah...the end there was kind of crazy.

Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I also did have a feeling that this Ape looking Titan is also the same as Eren and Anna. And it seems that he will be quite a problem if he wants to dispose of all of the guys from Eren's group. Still, I don't know what might be his purpose to come there. Might it be that he wants to capture both Eren and Anna?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

---------- Post added July 08, 2012 at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was July 07, 2012 at 08:32 PM ----------

scanlation is out:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/113340/...v8_ch35_by_tdx

it would appear that big ape dude is not with Annie's bunch as he never heard of 3D gear - which would substantiate the notion there is more than one faction amongst the titans - as he is also talking about the secret of their necks it seems likely he, too, is a human in titan form. He seems very pragmatic, intelligent and cruel, a dangerous enemy, maybe even more so than Annie's folks?

I wonder why guys like him did not show up before, if there are more of his kind they should have been able to take down the walls anytime they wanted? Seems likely he is the one who breached the wall, too? Why is he showing up now of all times? Seeing the raw I thought he might be Annie's dad, but as he doesn't know about the maneuver gear he can't be, can he? Yet another confusing twist we got handed. Great chap as usual...

And poor Mike, I really liked him and his smelling habit... he got a brave end but what a way to go, horrifying ...
    Last edited by haegar; July 08, 2012 at 09:17 AM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Will we have one day a chapter that give us a bit of hope...
    Poor Mike, this titan played with him like a cat with a mouse.
    I wonder what makes the low level titans obey the deviant one. Is it a hierarchical status or some abilities ? If Eren could learn it, that would be a huge step forward.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Haegar pretty much has the same question as me the fact that he didn't know about the 3D gear means only that these titans are outsiders - not ones that come from the wall especially since he plans to bring back the gear. Now the plot thickens since basically this means both theories from before are right there appears to be a community outside of the wall where titans come from but at the same time there are also titans within the wall - literally. So the problem is pretty obvious as to how screwed the humans are. I don't think a talking titan is such a surprise since we saw it happen in the side chapter but that note of the side chapter is what the titan called those from the inside.

As for why they are showing up now I would have to venture a guess here but I am guessing these factions of titans are controlled or linked by the royalty inside the wall. And with Annie's capture Eren being away - as well as the commander and Rivaille - I doubt that this attack was coincidental but most likely pre-mediated. Especially since it gives those who know about titans inside the capital room to create new excuses given that they can blame an outside source of titans rather than inside and by sacrificing a wall priority of people and their reasoning would be towards addressing the emergency of losing yet another territory. So while I do think these titans come from outside I think their convenience points to links with people from the inside controlling the scenario.

One other oddity here is that these outsider titans appear to only know of their gear now despite all this time - you'd think they would have some given that titans do not actually digest people hence the equipment should be there too. They may be familiar with how the gear looks from afar but I find it strange that they never brought back a sample given how easy it would be for them to obtain.

@Kdowns: I think the hierarchy of titans seem to be following a trend namely those who appear to be more human-like and are able to control themselves (basically deviants). So this brings us back to thinking especially with the words of the ape like titan that titans are made from people just that my guess is not all can revert back only those we see as deviants that retain intelligence can. But yeah doesn't seem like Deviants necessarily have that much control over the lesser titans.
    Last edited by Hamy; July 08, 2012 at 10:18 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My sympathy for Mike depends on whether or not I misread the part before the deviant showed up.

Was he about to desert?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member DassJennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

http://tdx-manga.livejournal.com/22329.html#comments

Crazy ape titan, maybe he is King Kong's cousin
    He is definitively a outsider coming from very far if he never hear anything about the 3D gear.
    Too bad about Mike, he had a horrifying ending. For one moment i thought he was going to survive against the nine titans, but then that Ape titan appeared

It's amazing how the series still manage to bring a cliffhanger after another.

Quote Originally Posted by CepheiMordred View Post
    My sympathy for Mike depends on whether or not I misread the part before the deviant showed up.
    Was he about to desert?
    Mike was afraid but still tried to face them even knowing he was about to die
    Last edited by DassJennir; July 08, 2012 at 11:33 AM.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aldrich's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Will we have one day a chapter that give us a bit of hope...
    Poor Mike, this titan played with him like a cat with a mouse.
    I wonder what makes the low level titans obey the deviant one. Is it a hierarchical status or some abilities ? If Eren could learn it, that would be a huge step forward.
    It's most likely an ability, Annie was able to attract all the normal titans to her and make them devour her titan body when she got captured in the forest of giant trees.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CepheiMordred View Post

Was he about to desert?
    Nobody gave him the order to kill all the titans, he even sacrifices himself as a bait so that the others can escape so how did you come with desertion in mind ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 35 Discussion / 36 Predictions

Man. Hajime Isayama really knows how to bestow terror upon his readers. As soon as I saw the ape like Titan speak.... it sent a chill down my spine.

R.I.P. Mike
    Last edited by Netero; July 08, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I sometimes speed through the first reading, so I missed a couple key words.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

on second thought the really momentous revelation this chapter is not ape dude talking to mike but rather the fact that he is giving his orders to the lowlifes in human language, TOO thus likely confirming yet another speculation voiced before: All Titans used to be human at some point in time?

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member DassJennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haegar View Post
    on second thought the really momentous revelation this chapter is not ape dude talking to mike but rather the fact that he is giving his orders to the lowlifes in human language, TOO thus likely confirming yet another speculation voiced before: All Titans used to be human at some point in time?
    There was also that extra chapter where a Titan was trying to talk before going crazy and kill that woman who was part of the legion (Ilse was her name).
    So yeah, i also believe this is a plausible possibility.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast