Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 35 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 35 Discussion / 36 Predictions

I totally got a "Planet of the Apes" vibe from reading this chapter. It felt like this chapter was basically saying that humans still have to persevere even if sudden BS happens.
    Last edited by tonyyao82; July 18, 2012 at 04:08 PM.

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Purely Sadistic's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter certainly showed a terrifying prospect for humanity. I was quite disheartened with Mike's death; for such a strong and inspiring man to have an end like that, screaming... In retrospect, Rivaille's squad had a much more- for a lack of a better word- "merciful" end with Annie's targeting of vital areas, than being chewed alive like Mike (not that that thought makes me less sad about their deaths).

Although it's true that the Ape!Titan seemed not to have known about the 3D gear, imagine the chaos that would ensue if suddenly titans are able to overcome t the gigantic 50m walls simply by jumping over them via the thrust provided by the 3D gear. I'm hoping the company of Ape!Titan doesn't figure out how the gear works (seems like it'd take a while to figure out its specific mechanics anyway..but you never know). Actually, if the intelligent human-titans somehow made the other titans even catapult themselves over the wall, that'd be the end of humanity as we know it. With their regenerative capabilities, awkward landings wouldn't be an issue...well, any not involving damage to their napes. *Brain explodes from sheer horror of the thought of flying titans...* Having said that, it could just be that people like the colossal titan are just toying/testing humanity (resilience, coping ability etc) like a scientist would do with a lab rat.

In any case, I can hardly wait for the next chapter...Not only am I curious about all the new mysteries surrounding the new species of titan, I'm also curious about Bertholdt and Reiner's next moves. The possibility of the two being Annie's accomplices was made more obvious with the latest 2 chapters (at least, that was when I noticed it...I suppose I'm slow, haha). Reiner's reaction to Sasha hearing an approaching rumble, ("then that means Wall Rose has fallen") although seeming to be a logical statement on the surface, is nonetheless indicative of Reiner knowing more than he's letting on about the outside. His insistence on helping Connie sneak out earlier also kinda shows Reiner could be wanting to check the status of things/ carry out some plan. (Actually, do you think Reiner and Bertholdt already know Annie is being suspected as the female titan? I mean, Reiner seems to be pretty aware of Armin's intellectual genius, so I wouldn't be surprised if Reiner foresaw the danger Annie was in. Considering the fall of Wall Rose happened 2 days prior to Annie's capture, it could very well mean they had another plan up their sleeve). Ah well. I could just be over-analysing things though.

I agree with everyone else about the Ape!titan possibly being unrelated to Annie and co., so it'll be very interesting to see two enemy groups, so to speak, having an encounter (though the ape!titan seemed to be leaving the scene for the time being, so Reiner and co will probably miss him).

(P.S. Sorry if I'm speaking the obvious, I just couldn't help but join in the Shingeki discussion as it is one of my favourite series xD Ah and also, for the "Reiner and Bertholdt are Annie's accomplices" thing, I wonder if any of you read this person's post? http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/36...prefixid=m9011 I think it's an interesting read even if I do not agree with some parts of this person's theory. The hints this person picked up -which I COMPLETELY missed- are really interesting and comes to show how well panel- organised Isayama-sensei is).
    Last edited by Purely Sadistic; July 26, 2012 at 09:46 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

The new chapter is around the corner, just a few more days. Damn can't wait.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3