Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How are Claymores created?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

Ch 88 specifically said that all sense were ripped out from them except for smell. So they can't hear either. I am in the mind that they have to have youki since they are imbued with AB flesh. They are said to be unable to release youki and unable to sense youki. Although the former may refer to releasing into 10% - 80% etc, the latter does not make sense.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm, i just checked the italian official translation and it says that the AFs don't emit any yoki (it says that they don't release it,not that they don't have it) BUT they can sense the yoki from others.........are we really sure that there is not an error in the unofficial english translation?
    I begin to have some doubts....

Just to be clear, it says that the AFs hunt their target only with the sense of smell, butr not in the sense that they can't feel yoki.

Example: a dog follows her prey thanx to its nose, but it doesn't mean that (for example) he can't hear.....i don't know if i'm explaining the concept very clearly,lol
    Last edited by MalakTawus; July 05, 2012 at 04:58 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Klaha's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just checked the official German translation and it says, that the AF don't emit any yoki (like you already said Malak) and therefore, they cannot sense yoki themselves. And then Dietrich explains them that the AF are only influenced by the scent of their target.
    Now, are they able to sense yoki in a way or not ? I'm seriously confused

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh god, if the can feel yoki but hunt using their smell everything would be explained.......so confusing

Also i agree with Brother Coa that normally the other warriors shouldn't make in time to arrive at Rabona......but if there was a second ship......
    Last edited by MalakTawus; July 05, 2012 at 05:44 PM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SpeedyIX's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
    Kinda of somewhat inconsistent with what is shown that the AFs are capable of:

1. Long Distance Tracking. By smell only it will be hard to stay on Isley's tails for seven years without allowing him to fully heal. If they were able to youki sense, then tracking him from real far would make sense.
    2. Rapid or Instant regeneration of fatal wounds - this require youki usage and massive amounts at it.
    3. AFs attacking Miria and current gen claymores - kinda hard for org to give all their flesh to AFs to target.
    4. How are AFs able to pass knowledge about Isley without some type of youki sync ability?
    5. How do AFs improve their fight against Isley or gain knowledge of how he fights, without most senses? Smell only get you so far. Youki sensing is the only thing that would make sense to allow them to learn and adapt.

Oh well. It's not the first inconsistency in this manga and AF was probably a poorly made plot device anyways.
    1. Well it seems that once other senses are shut down (in general) the others sharpen, and being blinded and unable to sense yoki would only strengthen their sense of smell (in theory). Or they could've been released near Isley's location from the start and have been on his tail for the whole 7yrs as Isley implies during the time of his death.

2. Thats a pretty good point, but humans already have natural regeneration, and Claymores have more advanced regeneration than humans (w/o yoki) so it should only make sense that the AFs could have this superb regeneration.

3. They track by scent not exactly flesh, which is why they used a piece of Isley's clothing to track him.

4. You don't need yoki to learn how to fight someone/thing.

5. Smell probably could tell you which body part your opponent was attacking with/from which direction, and if its as advanced as theirs it should prove to be a viable tactic, Kinda like PYSA but in this case "PSSA". Otherwise good point,

"It's a name that is given to certain No.1s when they have awakened."

The words by Dae follows this line, shows that AO specifically refer to 3 No.1 that awakened, Isley, Riful and Luciella. It was clear in the conversation that follows that no.1 are not all equal and there are stronger ones and weaker ones. Dae asked specifically who has the capability of surpassing the previously mentioned 3 and 8 names were given. Thus it is implied that No.1 besides those 8 are not capable of awaken into being of power close to that of the first three AO. When you put the two together, and given much of the time characters refer to AO as a power level. The notion that AO is simply an awakened No.1 is false.
    General knowledge suggests that all #1 Claymores awaken into AOs, so this argument is entirely dependent on that translation, other than that idk what to say.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

(...)
    1. Long Distance Tracking. By smell only it will be hard to stay on Isley's tails for seven years without allowing him to fully heal. If they were able to youki sense, then tracking him from real far would make sense.
    2. Rapid or Instant regeneration of fatal wounds - this require youki usage and massive amounts at it.
    (...)
    4. How are AFs able to pass knowledge about Isley without some type of youki sync ability?
    5. How do AFs improve their fight against Isley or gain knowledge of how he fights, without most senses? Smell only get you so far. Youki sensing is the only thing that would make sense to allow them to learn and adapt.
    1) I talked about this 'flaw' on AS: part 0, part 1, part 2, part 3 part 4 (I like my idea that Isley could have killed all humans to prevent MiB from making more AEs). Unless AEs would have better sense of smell than any living being on Earth (or the Island was super small) it would be really hard (although not impossible). Though there is a convincing way for them to achieve it. Assuming they could achieve something like soul-link there could be a "net" of these AE in various parts of the island so they could locate him and then regroup and hunt him down.

However, you're making a baseless assumption that Isley was being hunted for 7 years and that is very unlikely. Personally I doubt it was more than 1 year.

2) Well, Clare and Miria can somehow use techniques which normally require of them to release youki externally. I think it's not that far-fetched that regeneration would also be possible, especially if these warriors were specialized for that. Also, Isley wasn't releasing any youki after Helen hit him and destroyed half of his torso (and it seemed he regenerated it). And since AEs are based on ABs maybe it's easier for them to do the same.

4) Well, youki sync doesn't require youki release. Both Beth and Rafaela were in 'cloaked' mode, i.e. they weren't releasing any youki at all and yet they could maintain soul-link.

5) See #4.

As for #3, I would repeat what others said.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    (...) Raki was the only man on the ship for all those days
    I've mentioned about it here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post2940489
    Last edited by Goral; December 31, 2012 at 01:45 AM. Reason: added "part 0"

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Just gonna be a quick and short reply:

The simple way I see it:
    AA + human = Yoma ------ too much 'biological' difference and hence unable to bring out innate abilities of Asarakam.
    (Note: AA = flesh of Awakened Asarakam + flesh of normal Asarakam)
    Yoma + Human = Claymore ------ difference is reduced in that this is (0.5AA + 0.5human) + full human, power is better developed as Claymore starts off as a child.
    Claymore + Human = Claymore ------ With the only known example being Clare. However, this is mathematically a 1/8 AA creation and so battle potential is watered down.
    AB + Human = AF (Abyss Feeder) ------ Beings too messed up in the mind and its craziness takes control in this combo. I consider them to be fully 'awakened' since there is probably no mental control over their 'urges.' Even individually, they are strong in that they are FAST (seeing how one avoids Isley's last attack with the throwing sword) and have astounding regeneration rate, but their mind is too immature to fight properly with more human-like judgement. Thus in general, their battle prowess comes from modification by the Org rather than the combination they are made from.
    AB (Pris) + Claymore (Dead) = AB (technically?) ------ Prissy's arm brings out full battle potential of the former No.1s.
    Claymore (Luciela) + Claymore (Rafaela) = Ela-Ela ------ So they turn into artistic statues Combines power because they're so closely related, power is at least 2 AOs but it is possible it exceeds that.

Yes, I agree it is possible the Org has some degree of control over the quality of their creations, but the current generation of warriors really discredit this. It is uncertain if this was due to the lack of resources, since they have been focusing on Alicia+Beth and afterwards AFs.When it has been suggested that most high-ranking male Claymores have awakened, the top three still hasn't. Also, Riful has been more or less 'readied' before the top three awakes, which suggests they should have been just about able to pull through with the new female warriors (considering they might be able to control the power levels of their creations somewhat.) When Isley awakes, it is probably Riful awakes at around the same time so to incur a stalemate that causes them both to temporarily retreat.

Brother Coa and I have somewhat touched upon the issue of fending off the Asarakam, and it seems the current conclusion is that, the number of them involved in the war is not enough to completely obliterate the other force (see my paragraph 6 in my first post and my second post in Theories about Mainland thread for deduction method.)

Pfft short reply, eh.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2