Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will Naruto Get another Training Period?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apathism's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Naruto Get another Training Period?

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Naruto is a brute force fighter in case you haven't noticed, Sasuke is the finesse fighter. Naruto isn't a carbon copy of his father despite people's wishes, he fights like his mother, he's head strong and relies on overpowering and overwhelming his opponents to win. He use's trickery to out maneuver them, not speed.

IMO, if Naruto learned Hirashin he'd cease being Naruto and just become a powered up version of his father. He'd have no need to use Kage Bushin's anymore, and even if he combined Kage Bushin and Hirashin people would need serious ass pulls to even be a threat to him anymore given the fact they couldn't touch him, and even if they did his durability becomes a problem.
    Interesting way of looking at it, I hadn't considered that. I however would still like Naruto to use more finesse though. Watching a battle unfold between two finesse fighters is awesome, watching a battle between two ULTIMATE JUTSU fighters is lame. Remember the end of that Gai Vs Kisame fight when Gai launched that ninjutsu-missle-that-is-actually-taijutsu? That made me sad.

Kage-Baka No Jutsu!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apathism View Post
    Interesting way of looking at it, I hadn't considered that. I however would still like Naruto to use more finesse though. Watching a battle unfold between two finesse fighters is awesome, watching a battle between two ULTIMATE JUTSU fighters is lame. Remember the end of that Gai Vs Kisame fight when Gai launched that ninjutsu-missle-that-is-actually-taijutsu? That made me sad.
    That's actually the reason why I was liking Itachi vs Sasuke.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apathism View Post
    Naruto does use finesse in the sense of how he uses his Kage Bushin. He will never be like Sasuke, but at the same time he has his own fighting style that is unique. Unfortunately, when fighting 7 tailed beasts, brute strength is required so battles like that won't be as interesting but they are necessary for the plot.
    Last edited by Delbi; July 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    He still lacks experience and control on these aspects. If he was that haxed then he wouldn't be bleeding now and Tobi would've been already defeated.

He lacks control on his own power.
    His haxx is the reason why he can still win majority of his fights despite lack of experience and possibly control. Most others would have been defeated by Tobi and even the jinchuuriki, but Naruto stood a chance because of his haxxed powers. He's pretty haxxed as he can get.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    No, I don't think he will. He's pretty much overpowered now that only Madara at this point would be able to stand up to him. Unless Naruto gets the Kyuubi taken from him, he doesn't need any other training period or any training whatsoever. If anything, Naruto needs to get weaker.
    This is exactly what i was thinking! Naruto has become a walking Spirit bomb... and its quite hard to imagine how anyone could classify him as a Ninja now. Maybe all the characters get nerfed as a result of something, maybe losing the moon!?

Honestly just want Naruto to go back being about Ninjas doing Ninja stuff not Ninjas transcending into Gods. , Naruto learning about his heritage and unoverpowered techniques. Anyone with a huge power scale needs to be removed or utterly nerfed for this manga to be as appealing as it was before.

The only training IMO Naruto should get is if and only if he loses the Kyuubi and has to goes on a journey "Jiraiya style" and learns normal Jutsus lol!
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the only reasons why I think Naruto will get another training period.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v59/c562/13.html

and this last panel with Tsunade.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v59/c562/10.html

"We'll save the Flying Thunder God technique for HIM"

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a mistranslation. Tsunade was referring to them reserving Hiraishin to bring Mei to them.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    This is one of the only reasons why I think Naruto will get another training period.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v59/c562/13.html
    Thanks!
    I totally forgot about that!

So, it means that, technically, Naruto could be using Hiraishin as well.
    He just need to pop-up 3 clones around him, do the hand thing and he would teleport.

You are right...
    This panel pretty much ensure 100% that he will learn that spell someday...

(It still bothers me that 2 fodders with names and 1 unnamed fodder can do the Ultimate jutsu from the Naruto serie though...)

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Naruto needs to be trained by some of the greats. Sure he can probably kick their butts but that's not what it's really about. Naruto could learn Jutsus from the great sages. They have lived for freaking over 800years. There are many things they could teach him.

When I see Jiraiya technique's, I'm alway in impressed.

He can literally turn someone into a frog/toad and render him useless forever. Lol that's haxx

He can create a barrier that traps anyone who steps inside it into summon. Inside that summon's stomach is burning acids that would fry anyone who doesn't have a strong shield on instantly. That's also haxx

But the great sages can do beyond, far beyond that. Naruto should to make good use of them.
    Last edited by Kay3795; July 26, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope to God he does.

Narutos main character flaw is that he rushes. instead of focusing on his base skills he simply gets a new move or power up and rushes into a battle. After almost every sasuke fight he gets a cheap power up and just jumps back into the story and its been bothering me.

He needs to get weaker, as in have the fox removed. He already has sage mode alone puts him in another league.

He's an uzumaki, his element is wind the best suited for close to mid range combat his specialty.

he needs to improve all his base skills and diversify his jutsu arsenal because honestly rasengan is getting old, really old. he's been trained by the likes of kakashi, jiraya and the toad sages he should be much better base skill wise than kishi portrays him.

In every fight he rushes to sage or kyuubi mode, lets see a fight where naruto uses his own strength to win a fight

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

and he could get smarter too, he learned the cheapest way to train with his clones why hasnt he used it to learn new things?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto doesn't need training periods. Plot conveniently aids Naruto to where his opponents are outgunned in some manner. This gives Naruto a circumstantial factor that boosts his combat ability far beyond what it actually is.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless Kishi introduces something new in the Manga, then the hopes for Naruto getting weaker are close to non. He has basically unified all 9 Bijuus and knows theyre name. He knows a little about Rikudou sennin and he currently has some ridiculously nukey abilities.

Like most of you, id like to see Naruto fight with Finesse and Brute where needed. Yes, he has a hybrid fighting style which is unique, but it is still not enough. It is the same ol'picture with a different frame on it.

Him being trained by the Great sages after losing the kyuubi is a genius idea. Him going on a pilgrimage during a "timeskip" would also be good IMO. He could come back to a chaos ridden setting and then go on to winning back Konoha etc (strategically ofcourse, not going through the front gate)

Though the chances are low and i doubt the Kages are all going to die, which IMO is a requirement for Naruto to further train and would make sense since they lose and Naruto loses too (the kyuubi).
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't the extraction and/or eventual freeing of the Kyuubi be enough to drop Naruto in power? While Sage Mode would still allow him to be strong, he wouldn't be as overpower as he currently is and it would take us back to the Pain Invasion, where Naruto spent more time using cool tactics then straightforward raw power.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Thanks!
    I totally forgot about that!

So, it means that, technically, Naruto could be using Hiraishin as well.
    He just need to pop-up 3 clones around him, do the hand thing and he would teleport.

You are right...
    This panel pretty much ensure 100% that he will learn that spell someday...

(It still bothers me that 2 fodders with names and 1 unnamed fodder can do the Ultimate jutsu from the Naruto serie though...)
    But they can't make as good use of Hiraishin as Minato can. They'd need each other and apparently specific way to touch each other to even use Hiraishin.

Unless Naruto gets rid of Kyuubi, Hiraishin will make him even more haxxed. He has a free powerup, he doesn't need another powerup. Unless Sasuke's gonna die, too bad there's no way to take away his EMS and power him down with Naruto as well. Kyuubi Mode and MS are too annoying.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    I think Naruto needs to be trained by some of the greats. Sure he can probably kick their butts but that's not what it's really about. Naruto could learn Jutsus from the great sages. They have lived for freaking over 800years. There are many things they could teach him.

When I see Jiraiya technique's, I'm alway in impressed.

He can literally turn someone into a frog/toad and render him useless forever. Lol that's haxx

He can create a barrier that traps anyone who steps inside it into summon. Inside that summon's stomach is burning acids that would fry anyone who doesn't have a strong shield on instantly. That's also haxx

But the great sages can do beyond, far beyond that. Naruto should to make good use of them.
    But thevproblem is, according to sasuke's fans, its still not enough. Honestly, for me, jiaiya is a ninja that cant be defeated by sasuke by just a one shotted genjutsu/amaterasu shit.

I just want for naruto to train more about the frog jutsus like jiraiya. And not some mini rasengan, mini bijuu dama, mini frs and mini more.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast