Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Arcana Famiglia

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Arcana Famiglia

Title: La storia della Arcana Famiglia
    Episodes: 12
    Aired: Jul 2, 2012 to ?
    Producers: J.C. Staff, Sentai FilmworksL
    Genres: Romance, Shoujo

Synopsis
    Felicitá is the one-and-only daughter of the Papa of the organization, maybe even mafia, known as the Arcana Famiglia. The Famiglia is made up of people who have made contracts with the Arcane cards, and have received special abilities due to this. The Papa has decided it's time for him to retire and give up his seat to a new male who has control over an Arcane. To decide who in the "family" gets this seat, he calls for a tournament between Arcane-users. To the winner, he promises the "Papa" seat, a wish of the winner's choice... And his daughter's hand in marriage. Refusing to accept this, Felicitá decides to fight to choose her own path, with her friends Liberta and Nova fighting for her freedom by her side.

Spoiler: Casts show

Spoiler: Staff show

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Personal Thoughts

Only one episode so far. It didn't strike me out as much as I thought it would be, but fingers crossed. I will still check this series out a few more.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Arcana Famiglia

Ust told me it's a series based on game for girls... kinda understandable with all the bishounen around. First episode was okay for me but the only thing I'm hoping for is some nice action - doubt I should expect great characters or a awesome story

second episode should come out today so let's see if it will be able to deliver some nice entertainment the premise of the Arcana cards seems mildly interesting~

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's from otome game, and since I read the whole story of each route, I already know the basic plot story and the characters, so I already have someone in mind to root for. LUCA!!
    Spoiler show
    I wonder who will be the main guy though... My first guess will be Liberta but I won't be shocked if in the end Felicita doesn't end up with anybody since she is quite a badass heroine and one never knows how anime adapted from otome game will end...

When I first heard that it's going to be an anime, I was excited but the first eps didn't match my expectation. Well, it's still the beginning, so there's still hope. I will keep enjoying rolling their meaningful names on my tongue though... I love everything that sounds Italiano~~

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Ust told me it's a series based on game for girls... kinda understandable with all the bishounen around. First episode was okay for me but the only thing I'm hoping for is some nice action - doubt I should expect great characters or a awesome story
    Personally, bluntly speaking I'm not sure what to expect from this anime. The plot of fighting-to-get-your-freedom thing is not really my type, and I'll get bored quickly unless there are some twists offered. I suppose that's what I'm looking forward to? I don't know, it starts off weak for me. ^^; So we're kinda similar there, haha~

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Yeah, it's from otome game, and since I read the whole story of each route, I already know the basic plot story and the characters, so I already have someone in mind to root for. LUCA!!
    Spoiler show
    I wonder who will be the main guy though... My first guess will be Liberta but I won't be shocked if in the end Felicita doesn't end up with anybody since she is quite a badass heroine and one never knows how anime adapted from otome game will end...

When I first heard that it's going to be an anime, I was excited but the first eps didn't match my expectation. Well, it's still the beginning, so there's still hope. I will keep enjoying rolling their meaningful names on my tongue though... I love everything that sounds Italiano~~
    I think I understand why you like Luca.

Well, judging from the plot so far, and the seiyuu, it feels as if the choice is more towards Liberta...

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this a reversed harem? Damn them trapping me with Arcana and stuff. x)

But the first two episodes seemed rather fun and I really like the seyuu of the eyepatchguy.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Personally, bluntly speaking I'm not sure what to expect from this anime. The plot of fighting-to-get-your-freedom thing is not really my type, and I'll get bored quickly unless there are some twists offered. I suppose that's what I'm looking forward to? I don't know, it starts off weak for me. ^^; So we're kinda similar there, haha~
    The plot of fighting-to-get-your-freedom thing is the main plot indeed, but I think along the way, they will reveal each character's past and I got to tell you... they are quite interesting.

I think I understand why you like Luca.

Well, judging from the plot so far, and the seiyuu, it feels as if the choice is more towards Liberta...
    Oh, you do? Tell me why then.

Yeah, Liberta fits the requirements to be the main guy.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Is this a reversed harem? Damn them trapping me with Arcana and stuff. x)

But the first two episodes seemed rather fun and I really like the seyuu of the eyepatchguy.
    Debito? I like the way he says bambina... Very.. Italiano.

I rather dislike the way Jolly talks... So.. slow.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say the second episode is so boring, such filler. Next episode better catch up properly.

The plot of fighting-to-get-your-freedom thing is the main plot indeed, but I think along the way, they will reveal each character's past and I got to tell you... they are quite interesting.
    So far we only get to see something is 'wrong' with Liberta's past... Look forward to the others then.

Oh, you do? Tell me why then.
    He reminds me of Kaji from La Corda, though he is not blonde. Carefree, cute, stupid too... Maybe not accurate, but just by looking at him I can tell you'll like him. XDD

I dislike both Debito and Jolly because they talk TOO long, even though their sentences are actually slow. In addition their voices are rather heavy so they make me sleepy. XD

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post

Agreed, he's the seiyuu I like the most so far. Him saying Bambin all the time makes me chuckle

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

I must say the second episode is so boring, such filler. Next episode better catch up properly.
    Agreed, it better picks up the pace or I'm dropping the show

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this eps is still counted as introduction? I remember that in the preview for eps 2 last week, it was Liberta talking, and we see a lot of Liberta. In the preview for eps 3, Nova is the one talking and I think next week we'll see more Nova? If they really want to take this path, it's going to take a lot of eps. Aside from the youngsters, there are still the trio (Debito, Pace, Luca) and the old guys (Dante, Jolly). :|

So far we only get to see something is 'wrong' with Liberta's past... Look forward to the others then.
    Well, there is something about Liberta's past indeed, and IMO,
    Spoiler show

He reminds me of Kaji from La Corda, though he is not blonde. Carefree, cute, stupid too... Maybe not accurate, but just by looking at him I can tell you'll like him. XDD
    LOL~ Actually it's far more simpler than that. He's the most good-looking among the guys. Actually I like Jolly too, coz he's also good-looking (when he removes his glasses, ofc) but he's... an ojii-san. And he can't talk in normal speed. :|
    Spoiler show

I dislike both Debito and Jolly because they talk TOO long, even though their sentences are actually slow. In addition their voices are rather heavy so they make me sleepy. XD
    At least Debito says interesting Italian words.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Agreed, he's the seiyuu I like the most so far. Him saying Bambin all the time makes me chuckle
    Yeah, especially knowing what Bambina means.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner yuuki981's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry i was hoping that they were turning dawn of the arcana into an anime.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, especially knowing what Bambina means.
    What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by yuuki981 View Post
    I am sorry i was hoping that they were turning dawn of the arcana into an anime.
    Ah, you were talking about Reimei no Arcana, right? Unfortunately, no, this is not an adaptation of the manga. It is from a game, apparently. Have you watched it? What do you think so far?

The latest episode was really boring for me. Last time it was going after a cat, now we were taking care of children. Where is the plot?!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The latest episode was really boring for me. Last time it was going after a cat, now we were taking care of children. Where is the plot?!
    After 5 minutes I got tired and looked at the preview. Seems like another boring daily-life episode so I'm dropping this show :/

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

After 5 minutes I got tired and looked at the preview. Seems like another boring daily-life episode so I'm dropping this show :/
    One or two more for me, probably. If things don't get improved by then... I'll drop it for real. It is unfortunate since I like the anime's title and the original base plot sounds pretty good.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

What does it mean?
    Little girl. It's the third word I encountered in my Italian lesson.

I think they really take it slooooooowly. There are already hints of Liberta's past though.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

One or two more for me, probably. If things don't get improved by then... I'll drop it for real. It is unfortunate since I like the anime's title and the original base plot sounds pretty good.
    I think next eps will reveal more about Liberta. As I suspected, this time the preview is brought by Debito. And.. oh. I think our guess that Liberta will the match for Felicita is right, since she suspiciously spends a lot of time with him, and his past is the one that is highlighted. Not to mention, Liberta's tarot card,The Fool, is actually the strongest tarot card.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Well, after looking it again in the game, I just realized that each eps' main plots so far are the events in the game. The cat eps is Nova's while this eps' piccolino is Debito's. This means that later eps will have events from the rest of the guys.
    This eps is fooling around with the baka trio (Luca, Pace, Debito). Luca is such a mother hen. Oh, and the church is actually an important place, especially for the baka trio. I was sad to see that Luca was taller than the other two when they were young. It shows that he is older than them. Elmo will be an important mysterious character in the future. And aside from Liberta, we also get to see hints of Nova's past.
    And I just realized why in the end there's punishment scene. I think they brought it from the game since in the game, there's punishment game where the player can choose who to punish and how. I thought Debito talking like that is already bad and it turns out that him talking normally is even worse. I actually want to see if there will be the punishment where Liberta has to talk like Debito.
    Seeing the preview, I think we'll see more of Liberta which means we might go deeper into Liberta's past.

---------- Post added July 24, 2012 at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was July 18, 2012 at 07:09 PM ----------

I guessed correctly. We finally see Liberta's past
    Spoiler show
    and I think this means we're getting into the main story. Now I'm excited to see what Liberta will do after this. He's got an awesome power after all. As expected, the power of the Fool. If even Mondo sees the need to seal his power, it means his power is really dangerous.

In this eps, I get more suspicious about Liberta and Felicita. They spend awfully lots of time together.

I love it how in the end, Nova says those words to Liberta. Despite fighting with Liberta most of the time, he cares a lot for him. Ah, you tsundere.

Next week, we might see Nova. Nova also got quite a dark past so I'm quite excited.

New Reply