Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 598

Thread: Sword Art Online

  1. #301
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    No worries, Yui isn't an one (two) episode thing
    That
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; September 23, 2012 at 09:22 AM.

  2. #302
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    The way Yui left was kinda sad =/

    But apparently she's coming back as a constant plot device/cheat code so...<.<

  3. #303
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,556
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    Kirito himself is a cheat code then.

    Yui is a sweetie.


    ex oriente lux

  4. #304
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere Only WE know
    Country
    Malta
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    Just started this anime, oh my four episodes in and it already touched my heart and stabbed it with feels. hopefully ill manage to pick pace till sunday.

  5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #305
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,556
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    Just started this anime, oh my four episodes in and it already touched my heart and stabbed it with feels. hopefully ill manage to pick pace till sunday.
    Oh, then if your heart has already been stabbed with feels, you'll pray there weren't any feels in you by the time you're caught up




    ex oriente lux

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #306
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,904
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    I just know Yui will come back and save the day, somehow that's why I didn't really feel sad about it, she's more or less bound to come back. Hopefully she won't be used as a cheap plot device =/

    ---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    Just started this anime, oh my four episodes in and it already touched my heart and stabbed it with feels. hopefully ill manage to pick pace till sunday.
    Another SAO fanatic?

  9. #307
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Another SAO fanatic?
    Love story, dude.

  10. #308
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,904
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Love story, dude.
    I don't want to repeat myself but I just feel like this show is so overrated. Good show without a doubt but I don't get how such a lot of people seem to fangasm over it. It has it's epic moment but it's not so steady that I would call the whole show epic. I could name at least 3 episodes that were average and nothing more, despite it's great animation.

    but that's just me~

  11. #309
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I don't want to repeat myself but I just feel like this show is so overrated. Good show without a doubt but I don't get how such a lot of people seem to fangasm over it. It has it's epic moment but it's not so steady that I would call the whole show epic. I could name at least 3 episodes that were average and nothing more, despite it's great animation.

    but that's just me~
    Don't you understand ?

    Successful love story, dude !

    That's the explanation.

    Besides I'm not the one you should try to convince.

  12. #310
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,904
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Don't you understand ?

    Successful love story, dude !

    That's the explanation.

    Besides I'm not the one you should try to convince.
    fans went all over with even before the whole Kirito x Asuna deal. That's one of it's best parts for me too.

    and I'm not trying to convince anyone, just stating my opinion~ a fan who really loves the show won't change his opinion no matter what I or someone else says, nor can anyone say something that will make me totally love the show.

  13. #311
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,025
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I don't want to repeat myself but I just feel like this show is so overrated. Good show without a doubt but I don't get how such a lot of people seem to fangasm over it. It has it's epic moment but it's not so steady that I would call the whole show epic. I could name at least 3 episodes that were average and nothing more, despite it's great animation.

    but that's just me~
    I'll cop to the fact that I'm probably overrating it but that's at least partly because of the contrast between it all the other new anime I've watched recently.

    It seems Sword Art Online is up here and everything else is..
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Waaaaaay down here.

    If there was a Code Geass or a Bakemonogatari airing I would probably be more enthused about those but, as far as I can tell, there isn't.

    Right now my typical weekly anime watching consists of a horrendous episode Eureka Seven:AO followed by a thoroughly enjoyable episode of SAO. So, to me, Sword Art Online is like an above average looking nice girl sitting next to the ugliest meanest girl in history of the universe (who doesn't bath regularly).
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #312
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    fans went all over with even before the whole Kirito x Asuna deal. That's one of it's best parts for me too.

    and I'm not trying to convince anyone, just stating my opinion~ a fan who really loves the show won't change his opinion no matter what I or someone else says, nor can anyone say something that will make me totally love the show.
    The boy was successful with every girl he met in each episode, like a charming prince....then Asuna...
    This and the background setup.

  16. #313
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,904
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I'll cop to the fact that I'm probably overrating it but that's at least partly because of the contrast between it all the other new anime I've watched recently.

    It seems Sword Art Online is up here and everything else is..
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Waaaaaay down here.

    If there was a Code Geass or a Bakemonogatari airing I would probably be more enthused about those but, as far as I can tell, there isn't.

    Right now my typical weekly anime watching consists of a horrendous episode Eureka Seven:AO followed by a thoroughly enjoyable episode of SAO. So, to me, Sword Art Online is like an above average looking nice girl sitting next to the ugliest meanest girl in history of the universe (who doesn't bath regularly).
    Well yes, that is true. SAO definitely is the shining prince of this season, which was a huge disappointment as a whole. Probably the worst season I've witnessed up to date.

    If you need a nice rec, don't be shy and ask me Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    The boy was successful with every girl he met in each episode, like a charming prince....then Asuna...
    This and the background setup.
    Kirito being a strong bishounen definitely helps, especially with the girls. Reducing SAO to that would be a fault though.

  17. #314
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    Oh I'm not reducing SAO's hype to that. Like you said it's really beautiful, you add that with the reasons I mentioned, it's enough to have quite a lot of fangasm, deserved or not.

  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  19. #315
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,556
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sword Art Online

    The awesome setting and characters I've liked since second one are probably the reason. Plus Kirito being a non-whiny, rather-action-than-words, not overthinking strong character, Asuna being someone that seems like a tsundere (I like tsunderes and even more so with something that makes them more special) but when I think about it she's not really, she's pretty real to me. She's strong, but she has no tsunderish problems with admitting that she's in love, she has no problem showing her emotions. Overall cast was great minus Sachi and Cats for me, I just didn't like them. Romance is beautiful and even more so when it's a shounen!that actually features romance as its main point.

    I've never said that every episode was epic, but I don't need every episode to be epic. I found more episodes to be epic than in some other animes that are said to be gems though I rate overall enjoyment, and that I found here more than in 97% of anime I've watched.


    ex oriente lux

New Reply
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts