Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Sword Art Online

So I've read further than I wanted to,
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 22, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just sat down and caught up on this fine series.

It's jumping around more than I would like but I'm really enjoying the overall experience anyway. Which surprises me a little since I generally hate simulated reality stuff.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well,
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I assume in the LN there's a lot more detail, but even with the constant skipping its great. Kirito is developing as a character, but it's almost like he's going backwards, trapping himself in.

Klein is an awesome friend, looking out for Kirito despite him being like that.

Oh, and that boar music coming back was a plus.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    I assume in the LN there's a lot more detail, but even with the constant skipping its great. Kirito is developing as a character, but it's almost like he's going backwards, trapping himself in.

Klein is an awesome friend, looking out for Kirito despite him being like that.

Oh, and that boar music coming back was a plus.
    Well,
    Spoiler show

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see...well let's put all of that aside for now.

What was Kirito thinking when he wanted to acquire that item? I can't really believe that he thought it'd somehow bring back someone who was supposed to be dead for a solid amount of time. It's not like she didn't die in real life...

There's probably some short time-frame between in-game death and the brain zapping.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    I see...well let's put all of that aside for now.

What was Kirito thinking when he wanted to acquire that item? I can't really believe that he thought it'd somehow bring back someone who was supposed to be dead for a solid amount of time. It's not like she didn't die in real life...

There's probably some short time-frame between in-game death and the brain zapping.
    Well,
    Spoiler show

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I propose that people doing spoiler tags for information about the novels label them with "LN" or "Novel spoilers" or something because I'm afraid to click any of these responses because I absolutely do NOT want to accidentally click on something I think is just a spoiler about the most recent episode and end up learning something broader story from the novels.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I propose that people doing spoiler tags for information about the novels label them with "LN" or "Novel spoilers" or something because I'm afraid to click any of these responses because I absolutely do NOT want to accidentally click on something I think is just a spoiler about the most recent episode and end up learning something broader story from the novels.
    Well, Jammin, there isn't a spoiler=blank option on MH, but I suppose I could make it clear that they're LN spoilers. Anything in a spoiler tag is going to be something about the LN, primarily related to things that were excluded in the episodes.

The only time that we discussed the LN as a whole was at the very beginning of the thread. If it'll make you happier, I can address what the spoiler is about.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; July 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel that no matter how much we complain, the anime will be a shallow story compared to LN. This is always the case with adaptation. The anime will give us more insight into the graphic and music, but the plot will not be as deep as LN's. I am aware that in this eps and the previous eps, some things might not make sense if we don't read its LN since we cannot actually read Kirito's thought in the anime.
    Spoiler show

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3 was kind of meh? Well not bad but not really exciting per-se either. Felt really out place. Although novel / anime wise - I really like the concept - being a .hack fan and all. Can't wait to see the next episode. This might turn out to be the best show of this season.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think it's obvious that the LN is deeper in details though. Anime adaptation can't possibly capture the sensation that comes out in descriptive words, which a lot of times, is much more vivid. Just my thought though, since I think that's whole idea behind the beauty of literature as a whole, in addition to the blank fact that "there's no way an adaptation can be deeper than the original"...despite of the fact that I didn't even start reading the LN yet (even though I did love to...for three LNs already, one being the one from two years ago which I haven't touched past a single random chapter. ._.")

And yeah, I think it's quite necessary to read the LN for this one if I want to really understand what's going on. While I find episode 3 as being touchy, I also find it as shallow, rushed and confusing. A lot of things don't even connect, both within that episode and between episode (I mean, why suddenly go to a whole different floor? Where's Asuna anyway? I thought she followed Kirito into the door at the end of episode 2? And how did Kirito even get to the Black Cat guild?) Bet they must've skipped a whole lot of stuffs.
    Last edited by Ju-da-su; July 23, 2012 at 11:50 AM.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    I actually think it's obvious that the LN is deeper in details though. Anime adaptation can't possibly capture the sensation that comes out in descriptive words, which a lot of times, is much more vivid. Just my thought though, since I think that's whole idea behind the beauty of literature as a whole, in addition to the blank fact that "there's no way an adaptation can be deeper than the original"...despite of the fact that I didn't even start reading the LN yet (even though I did love to...for three LNs already, one being the one from two years ago which I haven't touched past a single random chapter. ._.")

And yeah, I think it's quite necessary to read the LN for this one if I want to really understand what's going on. While I find episode 3 as being touchy, I also find it as shallow, rushed and confusing. A lot of things don't even connect, both within that episode and between episode (I mean, why suddenly go to a whole different floor? Where's Asuna anyway? I thought she followed Kirito into the door at the end of episode 2? And how did Kirito even get to the Black Cat guild?) Bet they must've skipped a whole lot of stuffs.
    I completely agree on animes always being more condensed, as well as containing less detail, than the LN, but I think what a lot of the LN readers, and having read the LN myself, are unhappy about is that key parts of sidestories are being randomly cut out. We're already guaranteed 25 episodes, but if more time was taken, we could even have a better anime and possibly even more seasons of it.

Spoiler: As to episode 3 show

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Anime only watchers should also be made clear, that we only got the very beginning and for the biggest part of vol 1, the end story, as Lloydz hinted to already. So it's pretty nice to get some character development here, while the main story book keeps it's main attention at the two heroes of the story.

Spoiler: LN info on ep 2 + Aincard side stories show
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 23, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Anime only watchers should also be made clear, that we only got the very beginning and for the biggest part of vol 1, the end story, as Lloydz hinted to already. So it's pretty nice to get some character development here, while the main story book keeps it's main attention at the two heroes of the story.

Spoiler: LN info on ep 2 + Aincard side stories show
    Well,
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast