Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: 7th Grade Civil Servant

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

7th Grade Civil Servant

Title: 7th Grade Civil Servant
    Alternative Title: Bimilnamnyeojeon; Secret Agent War; The Secret Lovers; The Secret Lovers War; Level 7 Civil Servant
    Type: Drama
    Network: MBC
    Current Status: Airing, (January 23, 2013 to ?/?/2013, on Wednesday & Thursday)
    Number of Episodes: 20
    Genres: Action, Comedy, Romance
    Casts: Joo Won (Han Gil Ro/Han Pil Hoon), Choi Kang Hee (Kim Seo Won/Kim Kyung Ja), Hwang Chan Sung (Kong Do Ha), Uhm Tae Woong (Choi Woo Hyuk), Ahn Nae Sang (Kim Won Suk), and more

Summary:
    A romantic comedy about a spy couple who hides their true identity from each other and at the same time illustrates about the love, friendship and internal department conflicts between the new generation of national intelligence agents. In the drama, while hiding their true identities from each other, the couple fall in love with each other.

Gil Ro (Joo Won) is someone who as a child saw a Bond 007 movie and from them on grew up with the dream of becoming a spy and works very hard and give everything to achieve his goal. Because his father became rich overnight, he lived a luxurious and abundant life since young. Meanwhile, Kim Seo Won (Choi Kang Hee) is an smart agent with brawn and looks but lacking in wealth. She’s works hard to support her family financially.

Both end up being spies working for different units, so they have to keep their covers up in real life.

(Info and summary combined from MDL and d-Addicts)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just finished up to episode 5, since it's the latest new episode with English subtitles available at DramaCrazy at the moment. So far so good! I'm enjoying the silly action and comedy. I didn't realize Joo Won played in Kim Tak Gu previously; he looked so different. I'm happy to see his crazy side more in this series. It seems that at the moment it's rather popular for male lead and female lead to have so much age difference? Or maybe just me and my drama picks. From K2H, Faith, and now this. The male leads are all younger than the females, 7-10 years at that. So far their chemistry looks rather good though, so I won't complain much. And Uhm Tae Woong is here. Huzzah. \o/

As the summary points out, the drama is mainly a comedy with addition of action and romance. So far you haven't seen a so serious action or romance, both are done with comedic elements, but it's enjoyable. Both characters are funny, supporting characters are funny, it's a good combination. I like story about agents because it's interesting to see how they cover up for their missions. Not to forget the romance, of course. <3

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 7th Grade Civil Servant

I watched the first two episodes and i have to say that it is a bit too silly for me. I think the movie´s strength was that the romance, comedy and action was balanced out very well but in this, the comedy really overshadows the other parts. Furthermore, the characters in the movie were a bit more original. In this, Joo Won is the usual good looking but spoiled brat and the female lead is the usual hard working but poor and innocent girl who initially is really annoyed by the male lead.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I watched the first two episodes and i have to say that it is a bit too silly for me. I think the movie´s strength was that the romance, comedy and action was balanced out very well but in this, the comedy really overshadows the other parts. Furthermore, the characters in the movie were a bit more original. In this, Joo Won is the usual good looking but spoiled brat and the female lead is the usual hard working but poor and innocent girl who initially is really annoyed by the male lead.
    There was a movie before?

This one looks a lot like King2Hearts, in my opinion. It started with a strong comedy, in addition to some action and romance. It couldn't be helped since it was the step of setting the stage. Once it's completed, we got to see the serious part. I'm guessing this series will go the same road, given that it's a story about agents we'll get to see more serious parts as the characters mature and the plot grows with more complications. I'll see it through some more episodes.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    There was a movie before?

This one looks a lot like King2Hearts, in my opinion. It started with a strong comedy, in addition to some action and romance. It couldn't be helped since it was the step of setting the stage. Once it's completed, we got to see the serious part. I'm guessing this series will go the same road, given that it's a story about agents we'll get to see more serious parts as the characters mature and the plot grows with more complications. I'll see it through some more episodes.
    Yeah, this is supposed to be a loose adaption and a drama version of this movie http://asianwiki.com/My_Girlfriend_is_an_Agent

I agree with you on that part but King2Hearts never had to resort to being overly silly in order to be funny, that´s pretty much the point that bugs me. The "first funny then serious" concept is not that unusual for dramas. Btw, is that Ueno Juri in your avatar?

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, this is supposed to be a loose adaption and a drama version of this movie http://asianwiki.com/My_Girlfriend_is_an_Agent
    Ah, so that's the series. I've seen that poster being compared to 7th Grade's poster. Okay, I get it.

I agree with you on that part but King2Hearts never had to resort to being overly silly in order to be funny, that´s pretty much the point that bugs me. The "first funny then serious" concept is not that unusual for dramas. Btw, is that Ueno Juri in your avatar?
    I see~ Maybe it's being pushed a bit too much in front, but so far I can take the silliness, LOL~ And yes, it's Ueno Juri in my current avatar.

New Reply