Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sword Art Online

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    I NEED that boar fight music. Can't wait for the OST to come out.

Yeah it's not too unusual...but I've never seen the case of a guy pretending to be a girl for the sake of being with another guy...
    Klein was a little strange too when he called Kirito's actual appearance cute
    Shemales are so incredibly common in online gaming, and the purpose is eliciting free stuff from idiot guys. That's the whole freaking point.

Klein's a bit of a creeper, but a harmless one. I don't know. Go read the LN, Zat. :P

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Nice music, overall. From the ED and the backsound music, I think they all fit the scenes they are used to, and helped to make me enjoy the series more. At the beginning it was rather flat, but I liked the ending. Especially the last few seconds when they showed a panel with a list of names of all the players, and that so many died. I really thought it was cool, LOL~

I'm more interested in knowing how that man could have his avatar as a girl. When the mechanism of work of NerveGear was explained, with all the estimation of size of body, it would be hard to change gender from what I can think of. Unless an option to change gender is possible from the game.

I can't wait for the next episode!
    Phio, the players were able to create avatars for themselves, which is why everyone looks different and some guys are playing as girls. Only when the true nature of SAO is revealed are the facades stripped away and the true forms of the players displayed. Up until Kayaba's speech, you could have your custom avatar however you wanted, but I won't make the full explanation for why. Read the LN for the full details.

Oh, and something else, a bit of spoiler about Kirito,

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone wants to read the translation of the novels you can find it in Baka-Tsuki:
    http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ord_Art_Online

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to include a link to the LN, Koshi, but it seems you beat me to it. I'm actually surprised that MH'ers aren't more into LNs, considering that some of the other places I frequent are hugely into LNs, and SAO's anime was one of the most hotly anticipated animes for a long while.

I'm hoping that they translate Volume 10 relatively quickly, as the UW arc definitely has some good potential.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know, LN are currently hot property right now that's why I'm surprised too that there's doesn't seem to be much discussion about it here. SAO's buzz really started when the anime was announced last year, now it's one of the most popular LN in japan. I just hope that the anime will be a success so every volume can be adapted.
    BTW, I'm curious if the they're going to included chapter 16.5 of SAO as a special in DVD or something. I don't think they can air that on TV

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koshi_Inaba View Post
    Yeah, I know, LN are currently hot property right now that's why I'm surprised too that there's doesn't seem to be much discussion about it here. SAO's buzz really started when the anime was announced last year, now it's one of the most popular LN in japan. I just hope that the anime will be a success so every volume can be adapted.
    BTW, I'm curious if the they're going to included chapter 16.5 of SAO as a special in DVD or something. I don't think they can air that on TV
    LNs have produced some of my favorite animes ever, such as Oreimo and Mouretsu Pirates. Plus, over the last few years, animes adapated from LNs have been much better than original stories.

On OMF, we've been pushing SAO, especially as quite a few of us fell in love with the LN.

16 explains half the questions Zat and Phio had.

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Some thoughts on what could be,

Spoiler show
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; July 11, 2012 at 07:32 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    You can link to a song maybe? I want to hear if I like the songs as much as you two do.
    Why don't you just check Fate/Zero OST? It's by Kajiura Yuki.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Koshi_Inaba View Post
    If anyone wants to read the translation of the novels you can find it in Baka-Tsuki:
    http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ord_Art_Online
    Thanks for the link! I was actually wondering if there's any translation for the LN.
    I read some good LN in the past but there's always the problem with translation.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Why don't you just check Fate/Zero OST? It's by Kajiura Yuki.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Thanks for the link! I was actually wondering if there's any translation for the LN.
    I read some good LN in the past but there's always the problem with translation.
    baka-tsuki has the best LN translations I've ever seen, so you're in good hands on that front. Once in a while there are a few problems, but only something tiny like a gender agreement thing here or there.

Spoiler show

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of picking up the novels, but I learned something that was a bit of a turn off, for both the anime and LNs.

Spoiler show

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    I was thinking of picking up the novels, but I learned something that was a bit of a turn off, for both the anime and LNs.

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; July 11, 2012 at 08:33 AM.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder that this is about the anime and not the novel, please discuss future events and everything related to it in another thread. There's a light novel thread HERE but besides that I fear we don't have a thread for a specific novel discussion. Feel free to create one.

@Frosty and use spoiler tags... I didn't want to read that.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Just a reminder that this is about the anime and not the novel, please discuss future events and everything related to it in another thread. There's a light novel thread HERE but besides that I fear we don't have a thread for a specific novel discussion. Feel free to create one.

@Frosty and use spoiler tags... I didn't want to read that.
    The anime is exactly the novel, unless things are changed. :P
    Spoiler show

That light novel thread isn't really useable anyway, plus there's so little interest in LNs on MH that it's not something we've ever gotten into.
    Spoiler show

I apologize on that front. I had thought I'd clicked the spoiler button, but seemingly I'd forgotten to click it or type in the bbcode tags. I had provided tags for everything else.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay, watched ep 1 and really really liked it. Finally found a battle fantasy that has drawn me in.
    Um, and what about their bodies in real world? Those won't die if they don't eat and stuff?

There's the hope that an orange chick (from the ending) won't suck for once XD

ex oriente lux

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Yay, watched ep 1 and really really liked it. Finally found a battle fantasy that has drawn me in.
    Um, and what about their bodies in real world? Those won't die if they don't eat and stuff?

There's the hope that an orange chick (from the ending) won't suck for once XD
    Spoiler show

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not related to episode 1,

Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    The anime is exactly the novel, unless things are changed. :P(
    The same, but that's obviously not the problem, but that you could post stuff, that's not been shown yet, thus spoiling the anime only watchers.

Put the first LN on my kidle, it's nice to read/hear them while using the train or bus. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    ? Those won't die if they don't eat and stuff?
    Same as in .hack, they can be put on I.V.s and can be fed with a liquid diet. The world does know what's up to some degree.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast