Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sword Art Online

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    The same, but that's obviously not the problem, but that you could post stuff, that's not been shown yet, thus spoiling the anime only watchers.
    It's not as if I'm forcing people to click spoiler tags, and I didn't post anything that ruins anything. I know well enough not to actually spoil the story or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Same as in .hack, they can be put on I.V.s and can be fed with a liquid diet. The world does know what's up to some degree.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; July 12, 2012 at 10:21 AM.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone tell me how much episodes this show will have?
    I'm just wondering because they've shown the bad guy from the start.
    Then again the game seems to last quite long...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Can anyone tell me how much episodes this show will have?
    I'm just wondering because they've shown the bad guy from the start.
    Then again the game seems to last quite long...
    There are 25 episodes that will be shown. If there is a season two, there could be more episodes, but for now, it's a 25 episode show.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    There are 25 episodes that will be shown. If there is a season two, there could be more episodes, but for now, it's a 25 episode show.
    Where do you have that information from? I can't find it anywhere, 24/25 seems likely though

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Where do you have that information from? I can't find it anywhere, 24/25 seems likely though
    Just go to wikipedia and it'll tell you the amount, which happens to be 25, or go to an anime countdown website and hover your mouse over a show and it'll tell you.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if I make the right decision to read the LN before the anime.
    Anyway, I still like eps 2. Not that great, but not bad either. Expecting to hear new music, but it seems SAO main theme (I named it thus since we still don't know the title) is still the one we will keep on hearing. Not that I complain, since that battle seems more epic with the music. I was also expecting for great graphic animation, but... I don't know. I think I set my expectations too high.

Spoiler show

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The boar fight music didn't come back

Spoiler show

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    The boar fight music didn't come back

Spoiler show
    Well, maybe we'll hear it in later eps...

Spoiler show

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Well, maybe we'll hear it in later eps...

Spoiler show
    Well,

Spoiler show
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; July 15, 2012 at 09:21 AM.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay it might or might not be true that I barely hold myself from starting the LNs after watching ep2, but yes, it's still as interesting as I found ep 1. Even more so I guess XD

The fight scene, and really, the whole anime so far, was brilliantly animated together with a pretty good soundtrack,and Kirito was cool D:

ex oriente lux

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I better stick with the anime or I will get disappointed, LOL~
    It's strange how you find battles sometimes more interesting when you 'see' them in words instead of moving pictures. That happens to me sometimes. Judging from your reactions that seem to be the case too... For me however I enjoyed this second episode. I love the battle, as it is the highlight of the story. Honestly speaking I don't know why Diabel refused the potion too, he couldn't be feeling so sad just over what that boy said about beta testers before... And why Kirito had to be like that. Perhaps just giving space between him and the others as he knew they wouldn't like him as a beta tester?

'Beater' is so much fail. XD

I like Asuna too. She gives a strong first impression as someone with dedication and hard work. She is a great fighter, but doesn't realize players' name like that... Strange. XD

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    It's strange how you find battles sometimes more interesting when you 'see' them in words instead of moving pictures. That happens to me sometimes. Judging from your reactions that seem to be the case too... For me however I enjoyed this second episode. I love the battle, as it is the highlight of the story. Honestly speaking I don't know why Diabel refused the potion too, he couldn't be feeling so sad just over what that boy said about beta testers before... And why Kirito had to be like that. Perhaps just giving space between him and the others as he knew they wouldn't like him as a beta tester?

I like Asuna too. She gives a strong first impression as someone with dedication and hard work. She is a great fighter, but doesn't realize players' name like that... Strange. XD
    The problem takes the form of tiny omissions.

Spoiler show

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...Another game-based anime that made me want to read light novel...I just wish I have the time. I still have Accel World novel which I haven't got passed the first page yet, and after episode 2, this one made me want to read the novel as well... ._."

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to read the LN, I suggest wait till the anime is finished, or yes, you'll be disappointed.
    Maybe that's the case, (human's imagination is quite creative) but I think I expect the battle scene to be on par with Fate/Zero (they both have battle scenes with soundtrack by Kajiura, it can't be helped for me), which is why I said I think my expectation is too high. One of Fate/Zero's strength is the awesome graphic anyway.
    And you cannot discuss Diabel's abnormality without talking about its LN which will be spoiler.

Haha, Asuna never played any kind of MMORPG before SAO; SAO is her first game and already her life is at stake, so I think it's natural that there are things that escapes her attention that time. But no worries, she learns fast, she'll be more than great. She's my favorite female character in SAO. ;D

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    ...Another game-based anime that made me want to read light novel...I just wish I have the time. I still have Accel World novel which I haven't got passed the first page yet, and after episode 2, this one made me want to read the novel as well... ._."
    Again, my advice is wait till the anime is finished unless you're really curious and want to know the story ahead of the anime.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna do the same, better not start reading more of the LN before the anime ends XD

I don't really know what one could expect more of this battle animation-wise, appeared pretty high-class to me. There's always room for improvement but like you, I enjoyed the battle a lot.
    I was quite confused why Diabel refused the potion too... maybe he felt guilty or just wanted to protect the other people through Kiri but really, giving him one potion shouldn't take Kirito too long
    I understand Kirito's behaviour though, he started to notice that the whole group/raid would probably break when the discussion "Who here is a beta tester?!" started. You can see it's pretty heated and Kirito tried to shift all the anger at him so that the rest of the group could stay intact.

Asuna seems to be a nice character I thought that was quite cute though XD she has an amazing talent for the game but (IIRC) it's her first Online-RPG ever so she just misses some pretty basic things

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast