Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 36 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 36 Discussion / 37 Predictions

Hey guys, I have just did a marathon of this manga, and its amazing. Very interesting things have happened, and yeah its Ymir, If im not wrong we have met the character earlier right.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member DassJennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrich View Post
    No, that's Christa, the girl who saved Armin Jean and Reiner during the scouting legion's last expedition by bringing them horses. The one Ymir is in love with (seriously, the official site says she's in love with her).

Also, I always wondered why that titan started speaking and bowing his head to Ilse Langner. Now it makes sense: Ilse and Ymir look like each other. Tall, short dark hair, freckles. Isayama is really good at foreshadowing.
    Christa, the petite girl...lol
    By the way what is this site adress?

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    Hey guys, I have just did a marathon of this manga, and its amazing. Very interesting things have happened, and yeah its Ymir, If im not wrong we have met the character earlier right.
    Yes, she appeared in Eren's flashback during his time in the academy.
    Last edited by DassJennir; August 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

These past few chapters have been throwing me off balance. Originally I thought the story was all about humans against humans inside the walls and the ape titan completely destroyed that, I thought Ymir was some old dude from the past who created the Titans and was perhaps living somewhere else in the world, or maybe even the king, only for it to turn out it's a chick from Eren's squad who felt like a throwaway background character until now.

I can't predict where Isayama is going with the story, and I admit I'm enjoying being thrown off my game.

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aldrich's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    These past few chapters have been throwing me off balance. Originally I thought the story was all about humans against humans inside the walls and the ape titan completely destroyed that, I thought Ymir was some old dude from the past who created the Titans and was perhaps living somewhere else in the world, or maybe even the king, only for it to turn out it's a chick from Eren's squad who felt like a throwaway background character until now.

I can't predict where Isayama is going with the story, and I admit I'm enjoying being thrown off my game.
    Why are you copypasting my post from narutoforums

http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost...&postcount=848

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you take the words from his mouth?
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DassJennir View Post
    Maybe you take the words from his mouth?
    Actually he did. I have some familiarity with Aldrich's posting history here and on other sites like Arlong Park and Narutoforums. Actually in fact it was Aldrich's posts on SnK that convinced me to give this manga a try. When SnK was manga of the month on narutoforums I browsed through the section and read his threads on subjects such as character analysis and the titans themselves. Since then I've been following his posts on a regular basis. Out of the sites I follow that feature discussion with this series, Aldrich is probably the one whose opinion I'd recommend giving the most weighted factor.

My previous post is a case of plagiarism, but it's not copy-and-paste (I have a good short-term memory). I do admit, however, to have copy-and-paste his work before. An example is here. (I'd post additional links, but narutoforums is not being very cooperative atm.)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

O_O

Tell me what's the meaning of copy-pasting others' posts... Really strange...

However:
    Quote Quote:
    Yes, she appeared in Eren's flashback during his time in the academy.
    I can remember but not clearly, can u link the page/chapter?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

My mistake. Ymir's first appearence was in volume 3, she was with Christa talking to Conny and Jean. She reappeared later during volume 4 when Christa was helping potato girl(Sasha).
    Shingeki no Kyojin

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Here. Right after Sasha ran five hours straight for eating a steamed potato.
    My question is, were we ever shown which department Ymir chose, I don't remember being shown if she chose the Scouting Legion, Military Force, or Stationary Troops. o_O

Quote Quote:
    Maybe Ymir has some sort of control over the titans?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Ymir has a connection to the creation of titans even.

Although we as readers got hinted at a hidden relation (ie: the Ymir thing), I can't help but feel how slow the story is progressing. Especially for a monthly series. It's quite agonizing sometimes. I'm all for having mystery and not having every thing spoon-fed up front, but that only works if the ride is enjoyable to pique your interest.
    -

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just reading the old chapters again and i have to say the author really knows how to create a good story. I haven't realized at the time but reading now it was nice to see how Armin had already figured out Annie was the Titan after seeing her for the first time. While Jean was fighting her, Armin started screaming about how she killed his best friend(Eren) and that made her froze for enough time to Jean escape.
    Also it was curious to see how she changed directions right after Reiner got close to her ear...

So it's because of that i can't agree with you Knifeshade. This series is being a very enjoyable ride since the start.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter, and for a moment there I thought Sasha was going to die fighting that titan... but thankfully she didn't.

These panels were freaking creepy!

http://c.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8886/...essed/q015.jpg
    http://c.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8886/...essed/q016.jpg
    http://c.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8886/...essed/q017.jpg

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's because of that i can't agree with you Knifeshade. This series is being a very enjoyable ride since the start.
    I guess we agree to disagree, then. I'm finding it rather stagnant ever since Annie got caught. That's really my main gripe.
    -

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Purely Sadistic's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Christa, the petite girl...lol
    By the way what is this site adress?
    If you're asking for the official site where it talks about Ymir loving Christa, here: http://shingeki.net/#12 :>

Although this chapter didn't progress much with plot, I think it was a nice change in terms of character development. I just hope Sasha will survive for at least a while. ; ^ ;

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

hi guys, i just have a rush on this manga, it's awesome. Can't wait for the next chapter. But anybody know why manga runs so slowly. It's released on 2009 untiil now, there's only 36 chapter. I really hope an anime for this

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Because it's a monthly series. So at most there'd be 12 chapters per year. And having been running for ~3 years it would equate to the current number. :3

Quote Quote:
    If you're asking for the official site where it talks about Ymir loving Christa, here: http://shingeki.net/#12 :>
    Lol, I see it still says (Name Unknown).
    -

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast