Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Takamagahara by Kawai Juuzou

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MangaPage's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Takamagahara by Kawai Juuzou

Just gave this manga a read, it doesn't seem like something I'll enjoy. Chapter 1 was really lame, with no real plot and just basically a not-funny-comedy full of stereotypes. 2 was quite better (comparing to the bad first chapter), it was okay, but it doesn't attract me too much. There were some funny moments, but there's not much more. Chapter 3 was similar to 2, but a bit worse, I think. Can't say I like the villain a lot.
    Overall I don't find it appealing, and I don't think it'll do well in Jump, but then we never know, it's not uncommon that an interesting manga gets cancelled while a bad one becomes popular. I guess I'll follow it up to chapter 6 or so to decide if I continue reading it or not.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

I have hope for this manga " well some". Seeing how bizarre the enimies are lol.
    Last edited by ALIEN ENTITY; August 07, 2012 at 06:24 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I've enjoyed Takamagahara so far. It hasn't blown me away, but plenty of manga don't in the first four or five chapters, so I'm definitely stick with it and see where it goes. The introduction of the some more members of the ogranisation made up of super-powered humans could be really interesting. I also like the main chatacter's arm wrapped in bandages.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a really interesting manga for sure. I don't think it's all that good yet (though it's definitely improving) and it doesn't seem like Jump's going to give it a chance, but I can see a lot of potential in Juuzou's work and I think he could put out something really good by his second or third series.

It reminds me a lot of The Law of Ueki and I think he should definitely keep going in that direction.
    Last edited by Galactic Tomahawk; August 24, 2012 at 02:11 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember reading chapter one and... I fell asleep on the first go.... no I'm not joking I woke up at 11 at night and I forgot I had a essay to finish. It was horrid. It has potential I beleive but thats only if the Author improves on some basic fundimental flaws he's clearly missing. Its nothing like beelzebub where the first chapter and oneshot had me luaghing my shit off, but there are a few momments here and there. Also this guy can draw some wierd ass faces.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, since a few chapters have passed I decided to take alook at where the series is heading and what I think about it now.

Its alright, it's alot more fun to read when they do action scenes and the humor is still a tad dry fror me. Does anyone know how its doing in rankings? are the japanese readers giving it good or bad marks? Unlike Bulge I don't care either way this time, but I'm still curious.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    Well, since a few chapters have passed I decided to take alook at where the series is heading and what I think about it now.

Its alright, it's alot more fun to read when they do action scenes and the humor is still a tad dry fror me. Does anyone know how its doing in rankings? are the japanese readers giving it good or bad marks? Unlike Bulge I don't care either way this time, but I'm still curious.
    it is dead last.

You can also look into Otaku Shoten section for further info, since WSJ thread is always updated. Most of the time Takamagahara is ranked at the bottom, and in the next cancellation round, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be axed. - Doraku
    Last edited by Doraku; October 01, 2012 at 08:55 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Takamagahara by Kawai Juuzou

http://mangafox.me/manga/takamagahara/c015/12.html

Yeah I'm gonna miss this when it goes.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2